3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Character Swap
King Coin
post Jun 23 2013, 07:19 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

This is Jerric so no. I was just wondering if there was a way to get one as a reward or something. If not, I'll just have Jerric take a trip up to Solitude and buy an iron shield, and then put a Solitude shield in his inventory with console commands.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 23 2013, 07:27 PM
Post #42

Ancient
Group Icon

That's true...

Don't you get a shield of Solitude when you complete the Potema quest?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 23 2013, 07:32 PM
Post #43

Councilor
Group Icon

The one he has in his and Darnand’s games is the Shield of Solitude, the reward for doing the Potema quests for Jarl Elisif and Falk Firebeard. You have to be at least level 10 to start them. I don’t remember why he went to the Blue Palace and found out about the problem, but it was quite late in his game. Social calls on the Jarl aren’t generally on his list. He was probably looking for a spell from the court wizard or something.

Also apparently Captain Aldis has an unenchanted one in his inventory, so it can be pickpocketed without the Perfect Touch perk. Too bad Lildereth isn’t with them, lol.

I couldn’t figure out how to get one other than the quests since most dead Solitude guards come from dragons or vampire attacks, both absent in his game.

EDIT: I guess I took a long time with the post window open. laugh.gif You're right, he would not steal one even if they left it lying around for him to see from his prison cell.

This post has been edited by Grits: Jun 23 2013, 07:34 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 23 2013, 07:36 PM
Post #44

Ancient
Group Icon

Jerric's funny :]

My husband told me that putting scars on Kayla ruined her face.

My husband became every male Kayla has encountered in her lifetime with one sentence. He doesn't understand why I'm upset with him. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 23 2013, 08:00 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 23 2013, 02:07 PM) *

Is there a way to get a Solitude shield without picking one off of a dead guy?

Console commands? The Test area?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 24 2013, 08:17 PM
Post #46

Councilor
Group Icon

Aravi and Kharjo are still in the Reach. They’ve had some adventures. smile.gif

First I have to tell you about the Lover Stone part 2. I saved and went to bed after they killed the vampires. So when I started up again it was time to leave the area.

Aravi went straight down. In case anyone doesn’t remember that spot it’s a long, vertical waterfall. Not near vertical. It’s really just straight down.

Aravi was not bothered at all. Apparently those tiny little bumps on the sides of cliffs look like an escalator to Khajiit. She didn’t take a single point of damage, just hopped her way down and onto the bridge.

Excuse me while I wipe my hands. My palms are sweaty just remembering.

Then they took a wrong turn and ended up in Karthwasten. That little adventure went just like it did in her video. “Give me a reason not to put a dagger in your chest,” says the idiot. Moments later Aravi pulls her sword out of his.

Outside they had a brief exchange with the landowner. Then a blood dragon attacked. Aravi is now using an Elven bow, leather bracers of Awesome Archery (or something, it’s a big marksman bonus) and has made some excellent poisons from the ingredients in her greenhouse. The dragon was down very quickly. The only casualty was the landowner himself. He didn’t want to take on the Silver-Blood mercenaries that closed his mine, but it must have seemed like a good idea to attack a blood dragon with a steel dagger. Luckily he had already given A&K their reward.

By that time they were carrying a load of junk so they headed back to Markarth. Their evening arrival caused no vampire attack, but then they entered the Silver-Blood Inn.

A crazy guy came out of nowhere and attacked Aravi. Kharjo stepped up and instantly flattened him. Aravi had a WTF moment. Everyone at the inn went back to their business, stepping around the fresh corpse.

It was a Silver-Blood mercenary. Aravi and Kharjo killed all of the ones that joined the scuffle in the mine, but they didn’t explore the whole place afterward. (I remember why Aravi does not enjoy mines.) I guess if there are any left after their boss is killed they must head back to Markarth. That was a new one for me.

A&K are presently heading toward Lost Valley Redoubt. I’m really looking forward to this. smile.gif

Oh, also the carriage driver at Aravi Manor is a hothead. (I couldn’t remember if she has a carriage, but she is protective of her animals so I thought another pair of eyes out there would be better. To shout ‘help’ and the like when danger approached from that side.) The last time they went home there was a wolf attack.

Aravi really couldn’t do much because her horse and some crazy Nord were dominating the front yard battlefield and she was worried that she’d accidentally kill her own chickens. After the Nord stopped screaming insults at the dead wolves he calmly walked over and climbed back up on the carriage. Wow.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 24 2013, 09:51 PM
Post #47

Councilor
Group Icon

And here’s an update from Elisabeth’s Kayla. smile.gif First, heroic picture and a closer look.

We’ve gotten some business taken care of and had a blast in the process. I love a spellsword, and a smokin’ hot high elf spellsword is extra fun.

I think I can see where some of Kayla’s dating issues come from, but please correct my wrongness. For one she’s bigger than most people and it seems that she gets a lot of stares. She does not feel comfortable around dainty women like, say, Ysolda. Now that she is sporting her gear (Savior’s Hide, Shrouded Gloves, Shrouded Boots) there is a great deal of Kayla showing. The woman has legs up to here! So more stares, but she has scars on her face so maybe they’re looking at her scars in a negative way instead of her obvious (but perhaps not obvious to her) gorgeousness.

Kayla now has her husband living at Breezehome with her buddy Lydia never more than a few steps away. She now carries Dawnbreaker along with the Blade of Woe. I’m not sure if she uses the Blade of Woe in her game, but it’s saved her life a few times when she’s run out of potions.

We tackled Meridia’s quest at a very low level, I think maybe 13 (recommended 24). Kayla was using a silver sword, fire runes/flames (I can’t hit a thing with Firebolts, sorry Kayla), and her armor rating was a little under 100. (I got her the Lord Stone because we were having trouble with melee only once she used up her magicka. Ouch.)

Anyway it was not easy going, but Kayla is one tough elf lady. She was awesome at getting the corrupted shades to follow her back into corridors where she could nail multiple ones with her fire runes and then silver-sword the survivors. Then she would spend a few minutes recovering before she headed into the next section.

Then we got to the necromancer. Holy crap. ONE ice spike, over.

OK, let’s try again. I turned the difficulty down because frankly I put her in this position way too soon and there was just no way trying harder was going to make enough of a difference. She used her Altmer smarts to lure the shades back where she could get them without being surrounded, and then she used those mile-long legs to chase down Malkoran and deliver Meridia’s message. It was still a close fight, but she did it.

Thanks for the blade, Meridia. Now do you think you could be a little less of a bitch to your followers? Sheesh.

So now Kayla is fully geared up and ready for some vampire hunting. I’m pretty psyched to see what she can do with Dawnbreaker. She has great mobility with light armor and only two weapons, plus she’s never very encumbered because she uses up her potions. Fire runes are great fun. Stuff flies into the air when they blow up.

Has she ever used a flame cloak? That’s another thing that using followers keeps me from doing, but Kayla hunts alone.

Also I think we’re going to have to advance the College of Winterhold questline a little. Her man Onmund is a big whiner and not really worthy of such a warrior woman as Kayla the way he’s behaving right now. Kayla comes home half-starved, exhausted, and covered in undead junk and her beloved wants to scold her about Saarthal. Hmm, how did he die in Kayla’s game? Just asking. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 24 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #48

Ancient
Group Icon

It's okay, she uses firebolt when she KNOWS she can hit them, lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 24 2013, 10:53 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 24 2013, 04:51 PM) *

Thanks for the blade, Meridia. Now do you think you could be a little less of a bitch to your followers? Sheesh.

laugh.gif I could not agree more. The Daedra in this game are so pushy, and those are the 'nice' ones!

D'Eon was my first character to regularly use a flame cloak. Wow, that is one awesome spell! Who need followers when people die just from walking up to you?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jun 27 2013, 02:18 AM
Post #50

Master
Group Icon

Something I must add to Jerric's Riften adventures:

He buys a room at the Bee and Barb. Then one of the other patrons tells him,

"You should stay at the Bee and Barb. The Bunkhouse isn't for you."

Needless to say, he didn't use his room at the Bee and Barb that night.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Jun 27 2013, 02:43 AM
Post #51

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Jun 26 2013, 08:18 PM) *

Something I must add to Jerric's Riften adventures:

He buys a room at the Bee and Barb. Then one of the other patrons tells him,

"You should stay at the Bee and Barb. The Bunkhouse isn't for you."

Needless to say, he didn't use his room at the Bee and Barb that night.

Aaaaaahahahahahahahaha! I bet he appreciated Helga's "hospitality."

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 27 2013, 04:09 AM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

ROFL! Check his pockets for a Mark of Dibella. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 4 2013, 09:04 PM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

Since I have the day off, I tried the wife swapping a bit.

Nords use a great deal of fur in their armor. This makes Aravi somewhat nervous...

Walking with the town skank

KC, do you use any mods for Aravi's appearance? What about that fur bikini she often wears? Is that an underwear replacer?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 4 2013, 10:39 PM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

She looks great!

I do use several mods for Aravi. How much you decide to do is up to you.

CoverKhajiits for the face.
I use a leopard texture for her body UNP or CBBE. I think this will change every Khajiit unless you use Unique Character.

Her top is in Brokefoot's mashup, and the fur skirt is in Ashara Princess of the Woods.
Or if you'd rather skip those hefty downloads for 2 pieces of clothing for Aravi, she also wears the barbarian armor in Immersive Armors. Note that it adds those armors to leveled lists.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 5 2013, 12:53 AM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks. I installed Cover Khajiit and the snow leopard body textures. I am getting a pretty pronounced neckseam between them though. Do you have that too?

Aravi teamed up with Faendal to take on the bandits of Embershard Mine. Being that Aravi is the type to hang back, he really was not that useful. So she parted ways with him back at Riverwood. Now she is at the front door of Bleak Falls Barrow, looking for Lucan's Claw.

Aravi with her new Cover Khajiit face

This is where Dorthe said "I'm not allowed to stand on furniture anymore."

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Jul 5 2013, 01:14 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

In the CBBE body texture link, under miscellaneous, there is a file you can download to fix the seam. It does require a little bit of photoshopping, but it's simple. When you save the file again, save it so that the resulting file is about ~20MB, otherwise there will be a lot of detail loss.

I think I used some new eye textures too, but I cannot think of the mod, and I am away from my desktop.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Jul 5 2013, 01:16 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 11:42 AM