2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> WIP TESFU Town Mod for Morrowind, A Team Project
Ibis
post Dec 31 2008, 01:16 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Hail and greetings to everyone interested in Morrowind Mods. Many of us members at The Elder Scrolls Fan Union aka TESFU have been working on a collaborative effort where we are making ourselves the NPCs of a new small Morrowind town on a peninsula near Pelasiad and the roads to Balmora and Suran.

Here is the best introduction to our mod concept .. this is the Bethesda Blog by Gstaff, who will be in the mod, describing the mod from an private message invitation that went out to all members at TESFU.
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/06/05/t...-npcs/#more-649

This is a WIP Topic we've started at Great House Fliggerty in preparation towards starting one at the Official Bethesda Morrowind Mods Forum when we are further along towards completion, feel free to join in the conversation:
http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=797

And here is the Homesite at TESFU where all the mod work is taking place. I will deliver you to the Pictoral Guide to Neacrythe Topic so you can take the picture tour. Don't worry the pictures get more interesting as they go along:
http://s15.zetaboards.com/TESFU_Forums/topic/6536944/1/

Please join us for a look see if you are interested and most especially if you've ever fancied seeing yourself as an NPC in Morrowind. We can make it happen - down to your slightest detail ... or at least we shall try our best.
http://s15.zetaboards.com/TESFU_Forums/topic/6534667/1/

Thanks for your interest,
Ibis

viking.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Dec 31 2008, 03:45 AM
Post #2

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ahhh you know I'm interested to see Serene in a mod! Just tell me exactly what to do, I am a member of TESFU....but hat you know as well... biggrin.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Dec 31 2008, 09:40 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

Minque, you have pretty much done all you need to for the mod right now. You are a healer in the sleepy yet bustling little town of Neacrythe by the Sea. You will live in the main part of the lovely Healer Cottage.

Doctor James who looks and acts somewhat like Dr. House on TV will have his office in the upstairs and lives in the attic tower. He also has a nurse, Coediina come in but she must also be a dancer in The Dragon Break Inn Bar because he is so chintzy with her salary.

Ibis is the WiseWoman who is midwife, matchmaker, wedding arranger and town gossip and she lives in the cellar apartment under the Healer Cottage. So we can have tea sometimes as we talk about Minque's ancestor Serene whom she is writing the biography of. I believe she is writing it in first person, correct?

All the healer personnel and alchemists have wound up wearing green robes so far. We are using CanadianIce and Howndog's wonderful robe replacer mod so picking green robes is no problem .. there are about 14 different ones. I will get together with you and we can select a robe for you to wear. It doesn't have to be green but there are some very pretty ones and of course we have the female shaped meshes for all the robes.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 1 2009, 12:38 AM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

ah great!!! But what face will I have? Serene's or someting like this?

I like green robes! but put a bag or something on me...I'm a "bag-lady" hihi

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 1 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I can try to make Minque look either like you in RL or like Serene. I remember pretty much what Serene looks like but is there a particular Morrowind head/hair that you use for her in MW? Or a pic of her in Cyrodiil? Since she is Minque's ancestor we could make a resemblance there I think.

Teehee .. a baglady in green? Ok, I will see which of the green robes looks most like a bag. I think I already have the best one in mind though. lol

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 1 2009, 07:54 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Ok I'll show some pics of Serene then. I was using Emma's imperial heads on these and hairstyles..well I dont exactly remember... kvleft.gif

In the wilderness

Probably in Balmora or Caldera

Now the following is definitely Emma's imperial heads and westly's corean hair...very sweet I'd say.

In Odai river as a matter of fact

You might wish to use one of these?

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 1 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Wonderful Minque, I have Emma's Imperial heads. And I will find that hairstyle. Minque in Neacrythe will be as beautiful as Serene. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 1 2009, 11:59 PM
Post #8

Wise Woman
Group Icon

That will be nice! I can't wait to see myself in your wonderful town! I've seen the pictures of it and I like it very much!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 2 2009, 10:35 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

If you like, I would be perfectly happy to see Trey show up there- probably as the resident curmudgeon....

I never used any of the appearance modifications, so he was just a basic Breton with blonde hair in a warrior's knot, blue eyes, and slim build. To save on the amount of work, we will let this be the alternate universe where he did not marry (so no wife and kids to have to add in).

Professionally, he dabbles in alchemy, occasionally contributes articles to Reds' newspaper, and disappears at odd intervals on "business trips," which usually end with him carrying some odd bits of arms and armor, and more or less beat up- requiring the services of the Healers. He trusts Serene implicitly, despite his generally well-known (and loudly expressed) dislike for most Imperials.

Although he is not an enchanter, he seems to have a way with magical devices, and is often able to repair or improve them. That is his main source of income (as far as most folk know); his alchemy is mostly potions for his own use or those he donates to the Healers and other worthy causes.

Is that enough to get going with? If not, I can flesh him out a little more....

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 4 2009, 02:45 AM
Post #10

Mouth
Group Icon

Absolutely excellent Treydog! I will add in your NPC and stats and descriptions immediately. It is so wonderful to have you aboard. I know redsrock will be overjoyed to have you contributing to The Union newspaper.

Wonderful Trey, wonderful!

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 5 2009, 07:00 PM
Post #11

Wise Woman
Group Icon

oh!!! this is wonderful! PLEEEEEASE let Trey and minque meet and be friends! That would be very much appreciated! We have met IRL you know! wink.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jan 6 2009, 12:11 AM
Post #12

Wizard
Group Icon

I confess, I wouldn't mind making an appearance in this mod myself. Probably as an old man with grey hair who spends most of his time shaking his cane at the neighborhood children to get off his lawn wink.gif

But seriously, if there's still a small tower room vacant in the mages building/tower, or even a small to medium building a little ways outside of town, I'd like to volunteer myself for it. Now I'm not entirely sure what the options are in terms of appearance and such, but I'd know I'd spend most of my time reading, studying and perhaps even teaching the mages craft to youngens. Also, I think I would tend to have most of my room(s) devoted to books, with perhaps a desk but mainly book cabinets of rare books. Perhaps you have an opening for a librarian?

In terms of Appearance, assuming of course said room is vacant, or building is build able, I'd like to discuss the options if you have a moment someday Ibis. Or if you need some more background information I'd be happy to provide it. smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 6 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Wise Woman
Group Icon

yay!!! it's getting better and better! Alex, Trey and me in the town..ahhhh I'm so much looking forward to this!

I wonder we should have Starge and Burnt there as well...... wink.gif

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 6 2009, 11:33 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh this is just wonderful! Alexander I do think that the job of librarian would be excellent for you - and the bookstore is attached to the front of the MageTower. The thing with the Mages is that right now I have so many I've got to fit them all in. Actually the Battlemages are all renting rooms at The Dragon Break Inn and just purely Mages are living in the MageTower.

But Flaming Phoenix Bookstore is actually the front entrance to the MageTower and the back door is very complicated .. it is a triple door each within the next with three different keys and Storm Raven sends the PC to different Mages to get the keys if he wishes to join the Mages Guild. Neacrythe has a somewhat rogue branch of the Mages Guild.

FC4 who is a peacekeeper and scholar is the bookstore owner. There is an actual female phoenixlike bird NPC who is his bookseller assistant. But Alexander having you as the Librarian would be great. Citizens will either get the option to buy books or borrow some from the Library if they cannot afford a lot of books. I think we could give you a nice room in the attic of the bookstore and let the Library be on the second floor whereas the bookstore itself could be the ground floor. FC4 can have living rooms in the cellar & Kebbi the phoenix assistant could either have a room near yours in the attic or one in the cellar.

And yes Minque and Treydog - as well as Alexander - can be good friends in the mod. Trey has already indicated that his "business trips" sometimes require some healing afterwards so it would be Minque that he would go to for this. And I think we can have him renting a room overlooking the water in a tri-rooming house where the homeowner lives in the cellar and rents out the 3 water-view balconied suites. And there will be two dancers from the Inn renting the other two suites. It is not a fancy or expensive roominghouse, so hopefully it will suit Trey and it is very near the healer cottage where he can always pop in for a spot of tea with Minque and Ibis.

This post has been edited by Ibis: Jan 6 2009, 11:48 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jan 6 2009, 07:23 PM
Post #15

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Ibis @ Jan 6 2009, 11:33 AM) *

Oh this is just wonderful! Alexander I do think that the job of librarian would be excellent for you - and the bookstore is attached to the front of the MageTower. The thing with the Mages is that right now I have so many I've got to fit them all in. Actually the Battlemages are all renting rooms at The Dragon Break Inn and just purely Mages are living in the MageTower.

But Flaming Phoenix Bookstore is actually the front entrance to the MageTower and the back door is very complicated .. it is a triple door each within the next with three different keys and Storm Raven sends the PC to different Mages to get the keys if he wishes to join the Mages Guild. Neacrythe has a somewhat rogue branch of the Mages Guild.

FC4 who is a peacekeeper and scholar is the bookstore owner. There is an actual female phoenixlike bird NPC who is his bookseller assistant. But Alexander having you as the Librarian would be great. Citizens will either get the option to buy books or borrow some from the Library if they cannot afford a lot of books. I think we could give you a nice room in the attic of the bookstore and let the Library be on the second floor whereas the bookstore itself could be the ground floor. FC4 can have living rooms in the cellar & Kebbi the phoenix assistant could either have a room near yours in the attic or one in the cellar.

And yes Minque and Treydog - as well as Alexander - can be good friends in the mod. Trey has already indicated that his "business trips" sometimes require some healing afterwards so it would be Minque that he would go to for this. And I think we can have him renting a room overlooking the water in a tri-rooming house where the homeowner lives in the cellar and rents out the 3 water-view balconied suites. And there will be two dancers from the Inn renting the other two suites. It is not a fancy or expensive roominghouse, so hopefully it will suit Trey and it is very near the healer cottage where he can always pop in for a spot of tea with Minque and Ibis.

That would be great, Librarian seems right up my alley. And of course should anyone try and be late in returning books they borrowed from the library, I shall wag my shake my cane at them with full force while telling them to behave and complaining about how it was so much better in the old days wink.gif

Thanks. Really smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
treydog
post Jan 6 2009, 11:43 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Sounds perfect to me, as well. Especially since this is the "unmarried" version of Trey- he will enjoy... discussing literature with the dancers...

And considering that his first "accomodations" growing up consisted of an unused stall in a stable, Trey will be quite happy with a modest room. He may occasionally cause problems with smelly alchemy experiments, though...

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 7 2009, 02:02 AM
Post #17

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(treydog @ Jan 6 2009, 11:43 PM) *

Sounds perfect to me, as well. Especially since this is the "unmarried" version of Trey- he will enjoy... discussing literature with the dancers...

And considering that his first "accomodations" growing up consisted of an unused stall in a stable, Trey will be quite happy with a modest room. He may occasionally cause problems with smelly alchemy experiments, though...

Ahh yes an unmarried Trey. So who will he meet? An unmarried Serene or an unmarried Minque????

It's gonna be a bit tricky right?

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 7 2009, 10:09 PM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes Minque, we must decide on whether your character will be Minque or Serene. Would Neacrythe fit into the story of Serene's life? It is a mostly Imperial town set in Morrowind or was originally .. now folk from everywhere have moved there.

It is your preference on whether we portray your NPC as Serene or Minque, Minky.

--------------------

+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 8 2009, 03:27 PM
Post #19

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Yeah...well like Trey said this could be an alternate universe in which Serene actually meets Trey and Alex ..it doesn't exactly have to match my story

Quote Treydog:

To save on the amount of work, we will let this be the alternate universe where he did not marry (so no wife and kids to have to add in).

Since Serene is my alter ego I think I'll go as her! It makes more sense!

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jan 13 2009, 02:35 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Wonderful, I know everyone else in town will be happy about this. Serene is quite famous, of course you are too as her author. But we shall let fantasy rule.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:14 PM