No, never [ 2 ] ** [11.76%]
Total Votes: 17
Guests cannot vote 
mirocu
post Feb 20 2013, 08:24 PM
Post #1

Spam Meister
Group Icon

As I have never done the Oblivion Main Quest, I´d like to ask if any of the forumites here never have either. I'm pretty sure I´m alone but I need to know!

The reason I never did it was actually because of the pictures on the back of the DVD case. One of them showed a destroyed city which I now know is Kvatch. But back then I thought it could happen to Bruma and I was terrified of that! I loved Bruma and didn´t want anything to happen to it by progressing through the MQ. As some things do happen around Bruma during the course of the MQ I am very happy I never did it as it would have forever ruined my beloved Jeralls.

But the question remains; Am I alone about never having done the Oblivion MQ?

This post has been edited by mirocu: Nov 28 2016, 10:45 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lady Saga
post Feb 23 2013, 04:40 AM
Post #2

Mouth
Group Icon

I have attempted the Main Quest three times, and only finished it* once. In efffect, I have "baeten the gmae" only once. dry.gif HEre are my accounts:

Renee Gade I: she was my 3rd character, a 'Jacquline of all trades'. I actually did quite a lot of side questing and guild questing before going to Kvatch with RG1. At the time I liked the idea of saving the 'best' quest for last; that was my mentality. Doing the MQ first seemed like rushing the game at the time. So once we finally got to Kvatch, I was shocked! The red skies and hellish theme really surprised me, and I immediately freaked out and ran away from Kvatch! laugh.gif

After this episode, I was disappointed. Every time RG1 would pass another gate, the sky would go red, and I'd start to freak! I didnt' want this! I didn't want Cyrodiil's placid countryside to turn into hell! ...and I was also not enjoying the way the game was leveling upwards. I rage-quit RG1's game one day, after seeing one too many glass bandits. rolleyes.gif Immersion was totally down the drain at that point, but let's not get offf-topic, right?

---------

Igodah Go^Pe: Igodah Go^Pe was a pure mage high elf. I was roleplaying with Igodah, rather than the videogamish Lara Croft approach I had with RG1. Igodah was not taking every quest thrown at her, and not another Jaqueline of all Trades: she focused mainly on the Mage's Guild and MQ.

She became Arch Mage, and that's when I started the MQ. I had put a lot of hours on her game, adventuring all over the place and messing with NPCs all over Cyrodiil. Since her game was on PS3, this meant bad things. The A-bomb struck at about 360 hours or so. ohmy.gif She literaly got stuck in one of the final Oblivion towers , while the clock was ticking down! sad.gif The A-bomb prevented her from opening a door, and so that was the end of Tamriel (in her reality) and the end of her game.

----------

The Grey Wizard: Same idea as Igodah's game: The Grey Wizard became Arch Mage and followed this with the MQ; difference was he is Breton. He is also a male. My first male character in Cyrodiil.

I really wanted to finish the MQ by the time TGW was extant. But I started moseying again, just like I had with Igodah's game. Then Skyrim was announced. BAM! ... We had 11 months until 11/11/11, and so I had a real reason to at least try to finish the Main Quest! laugh.gif And we managed to do so, but during the Grey Wizard's game something unexpected happened: I started to LOVE finding new Oblivion gates to plunder!

TGW took up a short addiction with closing gates; he closed 20 or 25 during his 'career'. But he usually only chose gates which were near roads or civilized areas. If the gate was off in the wilderness, he usually would just leave it alone. The implication was: gates near civilization pose more of a threat, and must be closed first.

But I just think it's kinda neat how I initially hated dealing with Oblivion gates, to tolerating them, to finally enjoying them.

This post has been edited by Lady Saga: Feb 23 2013, 05:10 AM
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 23 2013, 06:13 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lady Saga @ Feb 22 2013, 10:40 PM) *

The Grey Wizard: Same idea as Igodah's game: The Grey Wizard became Arch Mage and followed this with the MQ; difference was he is Breton. He is also a male. My first male character in Cyrodiil.

On a completely different note, back in my pen and paper RPG days I once had a character named The Grey Mage. He was in a Shadowrun game, which is set in a dystopian cyberpunk style future. He started out as a mechanic named Wrecks. He and the other PCs were part of a biker gang, who went to the Tennessee countryside to lie low for a while after killing a lot of people. Wrecks found an old skeleton out in the woods (as in centuries old), which triggered a very cool experience where he and the other gangers relieved the Battle of Franklin as Confederate soldiers. Afterward Wrecks was not himself anymore (thanks to the GM letting me run with the idea of the soul of the dead Confederate officer that Wrecks had found merging with his own). He started talking in a southern accent, suddenly got a sense of honor, and became able to use magic. He donned a grey duster and hat, and became the Grey Mage.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 23 2013, 06:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
mirocu   The Main Quest   Feb 20 2013, 08:24 PM
Acadian   I did the MQ during my early evaluation playthroug...   Feb 20 2013, 08:46 PM
ghastley   I have two kinds of characters: those who never st...   Feb 20 2013, 08:57 PM
mirocu   I was asking you as a player, ghastley. But I got ...   Feb 20 2013, 08:59 PM
ghastley   Actually, I should probably add that I've crea...   Feb 20 2013, 09:06 PM
Lopov   I did it once, with my only CoC Amadeus in 2006. I...   Feb 20 2013, 09:38 PM
Destri Melarg   But the question remains; Am I alone about never ...   Feb 20 2013, 10:15 PM
mirocu   No you're not alone, mirocu. I've never ...   Feb 21 2013, 04:30 PM
SubRosa   I have done the mq with 3 or 4 characters out of t...   Feb 20 2013, 10:40 PM
Kiln   I always do the main quest at some time or another...   Feb 21 2013, 12:27 AM
Grits   I've finished the main quest before, and I hav...   Feb 21 2013, 02:20 AM
King Of Beasts   I've finished the main quest. Five times in fa...   Feb 21 2013, 04:45 AM
King Coin   ...each race except Khajiit (which is a shame bec...   Feb 21 2013, 09:40 PM
mirocu   I don't see why it's any different from w...   Feb 21 2013, 09:42 PM
Grits   Hmm. I should think that the diversity of Khajiit ...   Feb 21 2013, 10:20 PM
mirocu   you wouldn’t have to shave Ohmes to make them nee...   Feb 21 2013, 10:23 PM
Grits   Good point. I have never done the main quest with ...   Feb 21 2013, 10:24 PM
Elisabeth Hollow   [u][color=grey]The Grey Wizard: Same idea as Ig...   Feb 23 2013, 06:18 AM
Grits   I was surprised to learn that non-Champions of Cyr...   Feb 23 2013, 05:36 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   I tried doing it right out of the dungeon and had ...   Feb 23 2013, 05:53 AM
mirocu   I just think it's kinda neat how I initially ...   Feb 23 2013, 09:53 AM
Lady Saga   On a completely different note, back in my pen a...   Feb 23 2013, 12:35 PM
Lady Saga   But back then I thought it could happen to Bruma...   Feb 23 2013, 12:50 PM
mirocu   [quote name='mirocu' post='153966' date='Feb 20 2...   Feb 23 2013, 05:55 PM
Lady Saga   Aside from the things that happens through the M...   Feb 25 2013, 12:18 AM
Grits   Wrecked siege engine out in a meadow. :-/   Feb 25 2013, 12:46 AM
mirocu   I knew about the siege crawler (or whatever), I th...   Feb 25 2013, 04:41 PM
Lady Saga   I knew about the siege crawler (or whatever), I t...   Feb 25 2013, 07:20 PM
SubRosa   There is a certain statue of a certain person that...   Feb 25 2013, 07:51 PM
Lopov   Apart from the crawler & remains of the gate o...   Feb 25 2013, 08:09 PM
ghastley   If I'm remembering the original Bruma correctl...   Feb 25 2013, 08:25 PM
tegeus-Cromis   If I'm remembering the original Bruma correct...   Sep 8 2015, 08:49 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:59 AM