Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Advanced combat mod.
Andyp
post Jun 10 2006, 08:42 PM
Post #1

Associate

Somone else has probably come up with an idea similar to this but i checked the search and nothing like what i was thinking of seemed to come up.

Anyhow im new here and i was playing oblivion the other day with my lvl 54 assasin dude and i realised that despite the looks and the better moves that you unlock later on, the combat was actually rather shallow.

Now my idea was to make combat context based and more hit location based, also i would love to work on the hand to hand making it a bit more like an assassins should be, i mean im pretty sure that the assassins train in martial combat so imo you should be able to just that, because atm the oblivion character punches like a thug who has just stumbled out of a pub.

Also when i said hit located and context based i meant that say a guard was running at you and was about to strike, well you would click the attack button as normal, but say you aimed at his leg? well that would deliver say a kick or punch that would disable him or knock him to the floor, this way combat would be even more physical than it is now and increadable fun.

On the other hand i must admit that it is very elaborate and probably would require a lot of complex coding shame i have no idea where to start, anyhow tell me what you think of my idea.
Thanx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
lev_the_devil
post Jun 13 2006, 07:01 PM
Post #2

Retainer

it might be easy enough to adjust percantage levels based on your current skill level, agility and character level as far a percantage that an attack will land correctly. that should be easy to do, but adding new attacks or any fancy stuff like that, i'm just not sure
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:52 PM