Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

103 Pages V « < 89 90 91 92 93 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your projects, what are you working on in your free time?
Decrepit
post Feb 28 2021, 02:11 AM
Post #1801

Master
Group Icon

With plenty of room on my Video Projects partition thanks to a new external hard drive, I am at last able to resume capturing game video. Yesterday, I made a second capture of what will be the main portion of TpF1 Scenic Excursions ep45, a passenger run which introduces the map's final two previously unseen game-generated cities.

It's going to be a tricky episode to edit. I prefer the opening 'wait' from capture 2, exiting Morely station from capture 1 due to train interactions, and the remainder from capture 2 due to scenic additions. I decided to add these separate elements together to create a hopefully seamless whole. The captures both have a decent number of camera changes, all of which required freezing gameplay while the change occurred. Those must be edited out, along with several too noticeable load-pauses and a super long game-save pause. Few of these edits will be perfect. My hope is that the bulk of them will be 'good enough'. As to stutters, removing those is way above my abilities.

I'm also having problems with text narration. Hopefully that'll work itself out.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 3 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #1802

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create and publish new TpF Scenic Excursions episode

I wrapped things up and uploaded the video this Monday. It's set to publish Saturday morning. I'm not happy with its text narrative, but was especially muddleheaded at the time, so decided to leave (not) well enough alone.

Project: Pulmonology appointment, with chest X-ray

Being muddleheaded was more detrimental during this outing. I made two goof ups during the drive. Neither caused any harm, or even the potential for harm. The appointment itself went about as well as could be hoped. My lungs are no worse than they have been for some years, and better than when I began treatment.

Project: Grocery Run

Nothing to report here except that Walmart finally has Sugar Free Blackberry Jam back in stock!

Project: Clean CPAP gear

I'll reassemble everything after supper.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 8 2021, 07:07 PM
Post #1803

Master
Group Icon

Project: Sleep Center CPAP appointment
Did so this morning. They are pleased with my readings. They also changed my pressure settings from 5-10 to 5-12, which is what both they and I wanted.

Project: Grocery Run
Did so on the way home from my medical appointment. No single Fujis. No Cherub tomatoes. No distilled water. That last is a worry as I'm required to use it in my CPAP machine's humidifier. I 'think' I have just enough in my current container to see me until next Monday, but it'll be close. If they don't have any by then, well, we shall see.

Project: Create TpF Scenic Excursion episode
Decided to use raw footage intended for episode 48 as ep 46 instead. Still need to capture at least one outro scene. Haven't yet created a Filmora work file for the episode.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 21 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #1804

Master
Group Icon

Project: Create & Publish new TS2021 episode
Spent Friday evening, all day yesterday, and hours this morning getting everything ready to go. It'll be finished uploading in a couple of minutes. I'm not going to let in go public right away, but instead wait until 1080 finishes processing. I might even hold out for 1440p, but we shall see.

ADDENDUM: Now 2010, 108op still hasn't finished processing. Seems an awfully long time for a 24min video. I shutter to think how long 1440p takes!

ADDENDUM2: Now 0410 Monday morning, 1080p still hasn't processed.

This post has been edited by Decrepit: Mar 22 2021, 10:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 22 2021, 05:14 PM
Post #1805

Master
Group Icon

With my new video still not HD processed, I decided to delete it off YouTube and try again. Just as well. I made an incorrect statement about the route in the video's text. This allows me to render out a new upload file with that error corrected.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Mar 23 2021, 10:50 AM
Post #1806

Master
Group Icon

Hmmm.... I have the same issue with the new upload not processing beyond low resolution(s). It's been churning away since mid-afternoon yesterday. Still no 1080p, let alone 1440p. I now rule out a faulty upload file, as this is the different rendering from that used during my first attempt.

Once YouTube processing began, I started in on creating Part 2 of that of the TS2021 Workshop Route drive begun in the video that never processes. To my surprise, working non-stop I finished it at bedtime. (Footage was already in-the-can. I just needed to splice several 'takes' together and create text. Posting this one is likely at least a week away, depending on how long it takes part 1 to process / publish. (In any case, I suspect I'll find text mistakes to correct before all is said and done.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 3 2021, 02:55 PM
Post #1807

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Fired up the "new" riding mower today just to check that it was ok. It was. Also removed and sharpened the knives so now it's fit for fight. Though I don't expect to actually need it for at least another month.

I will also change the oil later.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2021, 04:07 PM
Post #1808

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 3 2021, 09:55 AM) *

Fired up the "new" riding mower today just to check that it was ok. It was. Also removed and sharpened the knives so now it's fit for fight. Though I don't expect to actually need it for at least another month.

I will also change the oil later.

Pics or it didn't happen! (pics of the riding lawnmower, not the dirty oil, lol)

--------------------
+Quote Post
treydog
post May 29 2021, 10:29 PM
Post #1809

Master
Group Icon

Big Writing Project ™

Book 1- draft completed, printed, and proofed. 92000 words. One test reader has finished and returned positive feedback.

Book 2- progressing slowly, but getting near the end. 93000 words currently. Current writing will need to be woven into existing text. As is often the case with me, the ending is already written and the remainder is actually from near the first third or so.

Book 3- 17000 words, with some form of a plan for more (I do not "outline" as such, except for laying the chronology out in my head).

Prognosis- generally favorable, given that the idea is to be ready to publish the first book at some point following my (hoped for) retirement, two years from now. Still no clear idea how many volumes the story will encompass- going where the words take me.

--------------------
The dreams down here aren't broken, nah, they're walkin' with a limp...

The best-dressed newt in Mournhold.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 28 2021, 07:57 PM
Post #1810

Master
Group Icon

Project: Acquire Clothes Washer / Dryer

Purchased a matching pair at Home Depot this morning, during my weekly errand run. The shame is that the units I bought were $100US cheaper per-unit just two-three weeks ago, when I originally planned to buy them. Got sidetracked by health issues. Thus the delay. Potentially a plus, I bought Consumer Reports' highest rated pair in my price bracket. Was able to apply a $50 discount for making a two-unit purchase, and got a 10% military discount on, not the units, but the accessories required for installation. The price reduction is hardly noticeable, but every little bit helps. Delivery and install is scheduled for mid-July. I could have scheduled a week earlier, but have a number of important (?) medical tests that week. Didn't want to risk a conflict.

Project: Trim weed bush/trees blocking my front door.

Having torn a connection point between rib and left pectoral while pruning small tree limbs a while back, I don't dare use my pruning shears for the job. I arranged to borrow my bro's power saw. His house was my first stop this morning. Only after arriving there did he mention that he'd "sort of abused the saw when he last used it". Abused? It was wrecked beyond salvation. Totally destroyed. With almost the whole of my discretionary funds tied up in the washer / dryer purchase, I have none left to buy myself a saw or other suitable device. Yet I must have that passageway cleared prior to washer / dryer delivery.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jun 29 2021, 11:57 PM
Post #1811

Master
Group Icon

Project: Prepare internet-purchases state tax due payment

This payment includes tax due for April through Jun. Even so, I owe only $7.70US. I could have waited another month or more, depending on what I buy online. But I don't want to risk leaving out a month (or months). One bright note: Newegg now automatically tacks on tax, for my state at least. I wish every online purchase site did, or at least give up the option of having it added. Much easier than keeping track of individual purchases for months at a time, downloading tax prep paperwork, preparing forms by hand, wasting a first-class postage stamp and so on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 1 2021, 02:40 PM
Post #1812

Master
Group Icon

Project: create walkable passage from front porch to walkway
This is a project I'd rather have not tackled anytime soon, what with worry over my not-yet-healed torn Pectoral/Rib connection point. But a planted bush and two weed-bushes in that same spot have grown to where I can't reach the walkway without walking through branches/limbs. Worse, I need that passageway totally cleared before my washer and dryer are delivered.

I began right after today's daily exercise-walk and worked at it well over an hour. Managed to remove pretty much all the obstruction coming from one side. I gave out before tackling the other side. Thankfully, there's not all that much to remove on that side.

An issue is that what I did is a drop in the bucket compared to what needs to be done with the larger bush row. Also, I have nowhere to put the cuttings except my driveway, which is where they are now. As to the bush row, I'd as soon nuke it to the ground and be done with it permanently, but admit I waited too late in life to tackle that project on my own.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 1 2021, 04:28 PM
Post #1813

Councilor
Group Icon

It seems my next project will be to delete all my mods from the Nexus. They've made a grab for control of all mods uploaded - see here - and if I don't remove mine within that one month period, then effective control is in the hands of the "curators of collections" aka brokers,, who will hereafter decide what mods people use.

There are so many unintended consequences of what they're proposing. Updates to mods will get suppressed, because they break the package, for example. I could go on, but read for yourselves.

I make mods for my own use. If I think others could benefit from them, I put them where they can be found, for free. I do put some effort into helping others use them, but not too much, so I don't expect any return other than the availability of other creators' mods in exchange.

Bit if the brokerage model is replacing the swap-meet one, then I'm out.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Decrepit
post Jul 1 2021, 05:02 PM
Post #1814

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 1 2021, 10:28 AM) *

It seems my next project will be to delete all my mods from the Nexus. They've made a grab for control of all mods uploaded - see here - and if I don't remove mine within that one-month period, then effective control is in the hands of the "curators of collections" aka brokers,, who will hereafter decide what mods people use.

There are so many unintended consequences of what they're proposing. Updates to mods will get suppressed, because they break the package, for example. I could go on, but read for yourselves.

I make mods for my own use. If I think others could benefit from them, I put them where they can be found, for free. I do put some effort into helping others use them, but not too much, so I don't expect any return other than the availability of other creators' mods in exchange.

I attempted to read the linked Nexus explanatory article, but it's tuff going. Does it somewhere come out and say that, from a user perspective, this Collections business is an option only, and that we will remain able to DL any mod we want individually if we so choose? Surely this is the case.

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 1 2021, 05:09 PM
Post #1815

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Decrepit @ Jul 1 2021, 12:02 PM) *

QUOTE(ghastley @ Jul 1 2021, 10:28 AM) *

It seems my next project will be to delete all my mods from the Nexus. They've made a grab for control of all mods uploaded - see here - and if I don't remove mine within that one-month period, then effective control is in the hands of the "curators of collections" aka brokers,, who will hereafter decide what mods people use.

I attempted to read the linked Nexus explanatory article, but it's tuff going. Does it somewhere come out and say that, from a user perspective, this Collections business is an option only, and that we will remain able to DL any mod we want individually if we so choose? Surely this is the case.

Yes, the mods can still be downloaded, outside collections.

However, the main issue is that after the grace period, authors will no longer be able to delete their mods, as they may belong to collections now. So mine will have to come off, before an new wrapper can be placed around them, and they become someone else's.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 1 2021, 09:36 PM
Post #1816

Paladin
Group Icon

Didn't Bethesda try something like selling mods years ago and burned themselves quite badly? Having a great, supportive modding community is a huge financial boost to Skyrim and I should think they would have learned that this goose already lays golden eggs for them in people buying the game and not to fool with it.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 1 2021, 10:52 PM
Post #1817

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, if they go through with this I will be removing all of my mods from their site. So if any of you out there want them, download them now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 2 2021, 12:36 AM
Post #1818

Paladin
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Jul 1 2021, 02:52 PM) *
Wow, if they go through with this I will be removing all of my mods from their site. So if any of you out there want them, download them now.

Great example of breaking the golden goose. Without a robust community of modders, certainly, TES III, IV and V will become forgotten relics. I can't believe Bethsoft can't see the logical and foreseeable consequence of stepping on the creative toes of modders who bring so much to the game for free.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Jul 2 2021, 01:15 AM
Post #1819

Councilor
Group Icon

For once, this isn't Beth. This is Nexus shooting themselves in the foot.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 2 2021, 01:24 AM
Post #1820

Paladin
Group Icon

Wow, that's even worse. A modding site pissing off modders is even dumber! laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post

103 Pages V « < 89 90 91 92 93 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:34 AM