Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Then and Now..., Character Changes!
Rihanae
post Apr 7 2014, 06:42 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Hello!

This is a thread dedicated to showing how your character/s (assuming you still play only one character, or have made different incarnations of characters) have changed over time. For example, if you use mods, show us how they
before mods, then how they looked after.

If you play vanilla and have made different incarnations of your character over time, show us! I'll get the ball rolling.

This is how Lissa looked before any mods were used, followed by her overhaul versian. I used a HGEC for the body and a skin retexture mod. I wanted her face to look natural, but not entirely flawless, so this mod worked perfectly for me smile.gif
Ill only post the one pair for now...

IPB ImageIPB Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 7 2014, 06:57 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Sweet idea. smile.gif Yes, I can't wait to show you some pics. Saga won't ever change much, but some of my other certainly will.

I'll post pics as they come for sure,

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 7 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

I've only done that with one character, and it was part of his story.

The Clark and Clark expedition.

I may shrink that image later, so I can in-stream it.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Apr 7 2014, 07:37 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 7 2014, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

What a fun idea! I never get tired of looking at people’s characters. happy.gif

Jerric has had six different looks in Oblivion, though I don’t have any pictures of one of them. I’ve tried to make him look the same each time.

Here’s the original Jerric on the PS3.
IPB Image

Here’s Xbox Jerric.
IPB Image

Vanilla PC Jerric.
IPB Image

Jerric with mods.
IPB Image

And NPC Jerric as he appears in his friends’ games.
IPB Image

Jerric also has several games in Skyrim. I won’t post them unless you’d like me to, since this is the Oblivion section and I don’t want to assume it’s OK. He looks the way I’ve always imagined him in Skyrim. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 7 2014, 08:43 PM
Post #5

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Such a great idea! happy.gif

Rihanae - Of those two pics I think I liked the modded Lissa best. She looks cute there and I really like her hair smile.gif
ghastley - He looks good, I especially like the pic to the left smile.gif

Grits - Many good pixies, and I personally think the original PS3 version looks the best smile.gif

Ok, now it´s time for Lothran smile.gif

Over the course of his life I have made changes to him once and at the time he was in the Chorrol Mages Guild basement. I altered the age slider to make him a bit older and I tweaked his body to make him a bit more chubby, though it´s mostly visible on his face. And of course I changed the colour of his hair from blue to white to simulate his long life and the experience that comes with it, and also his excessive useage of Conjuration.

IPB Image

IPB Image

This post has been edited by mirocu: Apr 7 2014, 09:11 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 7 2014, 10:34 PM
Post #6

Paladin
Group Icon

So neat to revisit the histories of enduring friends like Lissa, Jerric and Lothran. I can't help but love all of them - in all their variations! happy.gif

Ghastley, I vividly remember when you gave Clark his makeover. He has come so far - from meager reporter to Earl!

I have always loved Lissa’s light and carefree spirit. She is a girl who lives her life in Cyrodiil to the fullest.

The most precious memory of Jerric is when he gave Buffy a butterfly toe ring enchanted with resist frost. I doubt he realized at the time that his kind thoughtfulness would capture a piece of her heart.

And Buffy can never let her thoughts pause long on Lothran without recalling the first time he and Aetherius went riding with Buffy and Superian in the Jeralls. The snowflakes dancing in his white hair will always be a piece of lingering magic in Buffy’s heart.

Given enough time, we all tend to evolve. . .

Buffy 1.0 was created in April 2009. I’m quite pleased with what we were able to do using pure vanilla.

Buffy 1.5 was tweaked with a simple cosmetic compilation mod and continued in the same game. I quite like the look, but we had to be careful when it came to lighting and close-ups, as the mods (and my skill at the time) could not really eliminate the vanilla blotchiness to her complexion or the imperfections in her lips.

Due to some tech problems, there came a time when we had to restart her game. We took advantage of advances in mods to rebuild Buffy 2.0 as her own custom race. What I really like about 2.0 is her much clearer complexion that is now quite tolerant of close-ups, and her gracefully curved ears.

In total, her two games span over 3600 hours of gameplay. Throughout, she has remained equally precious to me, regardless of appearance.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 7 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

I did kind of the same thing as Gritsy with Lady Saga. So this first pic was from her PS3 days

IPB Image

Gaah, she's like a kid in that pic! She was literally just out of the sewers when I took that one.

Here is another pic from the PS3 era

IPB Image

It's a bit contrasty because back then I didn't have a flatscreen TV. =That's the pic we entered in the Hot or Not contest a couple years back; Saga won Vanilla Female. smile.gif Imagine that?

Now let's move to the Xbox.

IPB Image

That's one of the best cell phone pics I've ever taken. biggrin.gif I got an Xbox in May of 2012 mostly because I wanted the extra DLC not found on PS3, like Vile Lair and Wizard's Tower. Saga made the jump from PS3 to Xbox with me, but since she had gone to Valenwood some time in the year 434, I RP'd that it was now 4 years later when she appears on Xbox.

IPB Image

There she is with her silver bow. That's her favorite weapon, that damn bow. I've seen her drop enchanted stuff just to pick up some silver.

Now the PC shots. It's now the Year 4 of the 4th Era, which would equate to 439 if we were still in the 3rd Era

IPB Image

Even though I'm on PC, I used a digital camera to get that shot. smile.gif It's a little blurry but I just love the color.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 10 2014, 04:00 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 7 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #8

Spam Meister
Group Icon

I can honestly say I like each and every look of Buffy! happy.gif There´s something about her, something that penetrates the screen and affects me directly as I look at her happy.gif

Renee - I really like her PS3 look goodjob.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 7 2014, 11:03 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks Crow. Wow, I'm surprised to see Lothie with blue hair. He looks like a Cyrodiilic punk-rocker. rollinglaugh.gif

The bit about his hair going white...that sounds like something out of folklore.

Acadian
: Buffy 1.0 gives my heart pitter-patters. She's so ... comely in that pic!

Grits: That first pic of Jerric is the one you entered in our contest. I remember that pic. Can't remember how I voted on him, though.

I do remember how I voted on Darian, though. wub.gif

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 8 2014, 01:55 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 8 2014, 12:32 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

Very neat idea! So fun to see how characters go from one phase to another. Ok, I will play.

The original Aela, and the (or at least most recent) last time I played her in Oblivion, and finally how she looked in Skyrim

The first Teresa, and the final version

The original Saya, and how she ended up

The original Ophelia, when she was an Agent of the Mythic Dawn. Then finally as the Queen of Madness

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 8 2014, 01:28 AM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu and Renee – Aww, thanks! Renee, I love your shots showing the saga of Lady Saga. Love her Xbox shot – such piercing eyes!

SubRosa – I’m so glad you treated us to a walk down memory lane with some of your OB characters. Gosh, having spent so much time happily curled up with Teresa’s story, she feels like a dear old friend. It is wonderful to review just how far she’s come. happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 04:36 AM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, the difference between Aela 1 and Aela 2 is really dramatic. I recognize Saya from the contest we had as well. :blush: And Ophelia.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 8 2014, 07:54 AM
Post #13

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2014, 01:32 AM) *

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 8 2014, 01:32 AM) *

I much remember these two and I must say they both look very good. Hairstyle, clothes, everything fits them perfectly I think goodjob.gif

Of course I also remember Teresa, Faint Smile of. Like her bright, red hair smile.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 8 2014, 12:13 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

Oh wow! Such great pictures everyone!

It's so interesting seeing everybody in their early days, especially Buffy and Teresa (Who's stories I avidly read).

Buffy looks so flawless... I don't know if I could ever bring myself to have Lissa look that perfect!

Lady Saga thanks for sharing! It seems saga has gotten blonder with age tongue.gif

How interesting to see Lothran in his older days, mirocu! I much prefer his current look, though! biggrin.gif

Grits I love Jerric! I'm impressed how you managed to have him look the same with each incarnation. May I ask what body mod you use for the last pic? Although I don't play any males I'm thinking of rehauling the NPC's bodies.

Finally, great pics Ghastly and CT!!

More close-up shots of Lissa. You can really see the difference with these...

IPB ImageIPB Image
(I love how her expression matches the pose in the second pic. Clearly deep in thought... probably about how she can change her hair for tomorrow! Haha)
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 01:45 PM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

I love that blouse she's got on. Looks very Ren Faire-ish. What mod is that?

And you are right, I never noticed it but her hair has gotten blonder. I remember the original Saga's hair was almost white when she left the Sewers, and I 'fixed' this by going back to the pre-exit save. But it's still a lot whiter than it was on Xbox.

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 8 2014, 01:47 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 8 2014, 01:47 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

Thank you! It's a great blouse, but it can only be equipped as part of an outfit. The mod is Fiona Armor for HGEC. That's not the EXACT name, but you should find it; assuming you have any chars with the HGEC body
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 8 2014, 01:52 PM
Post #17

Councilor
Group Icon

This is such a fun thread! I love to see how many characters have stayed with us through various changes, both in our world and in theirs. wub.gif

Renee, you made me grin with that picture of Darian. That was a fun contest!

Rihanae, that mod is on the Nexus as RobertMaleBodyReplacerV52. There are many options. I used the default body type, I’m pretty sure it’s called Muscular.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 8 2014, 02:03 PM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Ahh thank you grits!!

Renee, here is the Fiona outfit in full. You also get boots with it, but you don't have to wear them with the rest of the outfit. The blouse and skirt are fixed together, and underwear is needed underneath.

IPB Image
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 02:23 PM
Post #19

Councilor
Group Icon

Okay ... *fans air in face* ... I'm ready to ask Lissa out on a date. ohmy.gif Imagine that?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 8 2014, 02:25 PM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 8 2014, 02:23 PM) *

Okay ... *fans air in face* ... I'm ready to ask Lissa out on a date. ohmy.gif Imagine that?

Haha tongue.gif I don't blame you... she is extremely cute, if I do say so myself!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:02 AM