Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Renee's Modding Thread
Renee
post Apr 1 2022, 01:21 AM
Post #81

Councilor
Group Icon

How to add a bounty to the Player via script. Game: TES V: Skyrim

This is how to modify the CrimeGold variable via a script, adding or removing a bounty from our character's head. In this case, I'll be raising CrimeGold during a quest stage, by adding a simple script. Sure, we can open the console once we're in the game, click on our character, and type Player.SetCrimeGold X or Player.ModCrimeGold X, but here's how to do it during a quest.

And I'm only adding this to the thread because it works. goodjob.gif Not everything listed at CreationKit.com works, or is easy to understand how to add its syntax, especially for a dummy like myself.

1). I am assuming a quest is being written with stages, or will be written with stages. Go to the Quest Stages tab, and find the stage during which we want to modify a character's CrimeGold.

2). Click the Properties button. Click Add Property. When the panel pops, find Factions in the scroll-bar.

I am writing this as though I want a bounty placed upon my character's head, so...

3). In the Name slot, I am typing PlayerCrimeProperty as the property's name. Click OK, which closes the Property panel.

4). After the nifty little blue & yellow symbol shows in the Property Name window, click the Edit Value button, and find whichever hold you'd like the bounty to show. So for instance, my character is doing a quest in which she receives a bounty in Solitude, so I'm going to find CrimeFactionHaafingar in the scroll-bar.

Click OK.

5). In the Papyrus Fragment box, type the property's name, followed by SetCrimeGold, and the amount of gold desired. So in my game, I've got PlayerCrimeProperty.SetCrimeGold(100), which adds a 100 gp bounty in the hold of Haafingar.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 3 2022, 04:57 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 3 2022, 02:39 AM
Post #82

Councilor
Group Icon

How to add the Player or NPC into a Faction via script. Game: TES V: Skyrim

Again, I am assuming there's a quest being written in stages, and again, I am mostly adding this into this thread because it works. Essentially, I wanted to add my character into a faction, but during gameplay, and not via console.

A good way to see if this script works (especially for our character) is this. Let's say we're trying to add our character into a faction which has items we cannot pick up. We look at some items which belong to, let's say, the Blue Palace, and all we see are Steal this and Steal that.

1). Go to the quest stage which we wish the player or NPC to join. Click Properties button. This time we'll need two properties to make this work.

2). Click Add Property button. In the Type scroll-bar find Actor.

3). Choose a name. I'll just call the property PlayerProperty. Click OK.

4). Click Edit Value. If we want to affect the Player, find any cell in the Cell scroll-bar and find PlayerRef in the Reference scroll-bar.

If we want to affect a particular NPC, choose whichever cell the NPC is in and find the NPC in the Reference scroll-bar. Note that only referenced NPCs will work, so if the NPC hasn't got a Reference ID, go ahead and add one.

5). Click OK, closing the Properties for Script panel.

6). And now for the second property. Click Properties > Add Property, and find Faction in the scroll-bar. For my character, this is SolitudeBluePalaceFaction. Give the Faction a Property Name. I am choosing SolitudeBluePalaceFaction, just because my memory's already got that term. Click OK.

7). Highlight the property just made, and find whichever faction in the scroll-bar. Click OK.

8). In the Papyrus Fragment box, type CharacterPropertyName.SetFactionRank(FactionPropertyName, 1). Since I am adding my own character into the Blue Palace Faction, I'm typing PlayerProperty.SetFactionRank(SolitudeBluePalaceFaction, 1)

Note that final number "1". This is what the Creation Kit calls AIRank, and AIRank is a number which can vary from -127 to 128. In most cases, we're simply going to be using -1, 0, or 1, which removes or adds the PC or NPC to that faction.

9). Go back in the game. If the PlayerRef was just added to a faction, when the quest gets to that particular stage, try going back to wherever those forbidden items were. If the game said we can only Steal these items, now we should be able to pick them up.

For NPCs, the main way to test if a person has been added or removed to the faction is to click on them with the console, and type GetFactionRank "Faction ID", and the ID will be needed in the form of whichever 8 character ID number has been assigned to that faction.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 3 2022, 03:52 AM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 27 2022, 04:20 PM
Post #83

Councilor
Group Icon

How to fix "failed to load snowflake: Meshes\BM_Snow.01.nif" error.

Game: TES III: Morrowind

If Morrowind crashes on startup and the 'snowflake' message shows on your desktop, here's what I did to fix. This assumes Morrowind, Tribunal, and Bloodmoon have already been installed, and may have previously worked.

Some of these words are not mine. I copy/pasted from the Steam website. But I don't use the Steam version of MW, I have the disc version. There are instructions for both versions below.

For steam users
1). MAKE SURE your Steamapps folder is NOT in Program Files folder. Create a custom folder outside of Program Files and install the game there.

2). Once done, install Morrowind and run the launcher, close it. Verify your game integrity game cache

For CD GOTY users
1). Open the CD and RUN the AUTORUN.EXE AS ADMINISTRATOR Install the files OUTSIDE PROGRAM FILES one by one, Morrowind>Creation Kit>Tribunal>Bloodmoon. Due to an unexpected failure in Win Vista and above some files will not be copied for some reason. You have to copy them manually.

2). Right-click on Morrowind (as it appears in the CD drive). Right-click Data Files folder and choose copy (I have Windows 8, I had to click Expand to see these files).

3). Paste the copied Data Files folder into the Morrowind installation folder. Overwrite? Yes. Remove the Morrowind installation disc.

4). Now follow the same steps for the Tribunal and Bloodmoon discs, starting with Tribunal. Right-click Data Files folder and choose copy. Paste these into the main Morrowind installation folder and paste there. Overwrite anything.

5). Follow the same process for the Bloodmoon disc.

Personally, my game was loading up fine by now. but here are some additional steps for those who might still be having probs.

1). Go into the main MW folder and open the Morrowind.ini (it's a Notepad file).

2). Find [Archives] and make sure it looks like this:

[Archives]
Archive 0=Morrowind.bsa
Archive 1=Tribunal.bsa
Archive 2=Bloodmoon.bsa

(note, my Morrowind.ini did not have an [Archives] section, but I found the three pertinent lines of text at the very bottom of the page under [Game Files]

3). If those three lines (nor an Archives or Game File section) exists on the .ini just copy/paste them in.

4). SAVE the ini. Congratulations, You are done, enjoy your game!

This post has been edited by Renee: Nov 27 2022, 04:23 PM
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 3 2022, 02:53 AM
Post #84

Councilor
Group Icon

placeholder

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 3 2022, 02:22 PM
+Quote Post
macole
post Dec 3 2022, 07:59 AM
Post #85

Mouth
Group Icon

Those Intervention scrolls sure come in handy.

I was interested in you BSA archive issue. Not only do you have to make sure the Archive and the three BSAs are added to the ini but any mod that uses BSA file will have to be manually added to the ini [Archives] list. Oblivion and Skyrim are a bit better in that reguard although they do have their own BSA quirks.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 3 2022, 02:26 PM
Post #86

Councilor
Group Icon

Oops, I screwed up. whistling.gif Was cleaning the next draft of Joan's story and you weren't supposed to see that!

I did not originally write the "snowflake glitch" article, that was posted somewhere else. I only edited the upper part of the tutorial, because that's the part that helped me. Somebody at Steam wrote the .ini parts. I'll include your info about other BSAs later on, right now I have a Joanie to finish!

This post has been edited by Renee: Dec 3 2022, 02:28 PM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th December 2022 - 03:07 AM