67 Pages V « < 65 66 67  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
hazmick
post May 19 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #1321

Mouth
Group Icon

Now I'm picturing Jo'zira as a kitten. Cool to see these early screenies!

Since I only recently started over on PC, I have pretty fresh memories of low level shenanigans, and I still have some shots back from starting over on Xbox. This is the earliest one I could find - two days after the game released on consoles, apparently about to do the Fort Virak mission for the first time.

--------------------
Screenshot of the Month - Second Seed - Scholar

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 19 2017, 01:44 PM
Post #1322

Paladin
Group Icon

What great screenies! Fabulous to see the progress that Jo and company have made. And I see that Haa-Rei learned his beautiful lute playing as nearly a hatchling! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot for May: Wide open spaces
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 03:15 AM
Post #1323

Finder
Group Icon

My screenshot folder's full of many, many memories, but also many, many cursed images.

Anyways, 2 days of spending vouchers on Hlaalu Furnishing Documents left. I've been getting really good Master Writs recently, too. Nothing in the ~200 or even 100 range, but plenty of 20-70 ones. Watch that dry up after Morrowind hits.

Also, related to this little trip through memory lane, I remembered I have many, many, MANY questions regarding how Soul Shriven work.

I know it was something done mostly for gameplay (seemingly based on Mankar Camora's worshipers trapped in his Paradise), but I feel like beyond that there wasn't much thought put into it. So long as it works in lore, let the players fill in the blanks I guess. That's TES lore for you.

So now, as I contemplate my characters' fates (a bit early in a game that's still updating, I know) some questions require an answer more urgently than the rest (fanwank ahead)

As always, there's also the gameplay/story thing to worry about. Ugh. I overthink things sometimes. Maybe I should throw these questions at Lawrence, if they ever do another lore thing. Assuming there isnt' already something that answers this in-game (or it's planned to be explained in the future)

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 03:20 AM
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2017, 04:55 AM
Post #1324

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 19 2017, 09:15 PM) *

My screenshot folder's full of many, many memories, but also many, many cursed images.

Anyways, 2 days of spending vouchers on Hlaalu Furnishing Documents left. I've been getting really good Master Writs recently, too. Nothing in the ~200 or even 100 range, but plenty of 20-70 ones. Watch that dry up after Morrowind hits.

Also, related to this little trip through memory lane, I remembered I have many, many, MANY questions regarding how Soul Shriven work.

I know it was something done mostly for gameplay (seemingly based on Mankar Camora's worshipers trapped in his Paradise), but I feel like beyond that there wasn't much thought put into it. So long as it works in lore, let the players fill in the blanks I guess. That's TES lore for you.

So now, as I contemplate my characters' fates (a bit early in a game that's still updating, I know) some questions require an answer more urgently than the rest (fanwank ahead)

As always, there's also the gameplay/story thing to worry about. Ugh. I overthink things sometimes. Maybe I should throw these questions at Lawrence, if they ever do another lore thing. Assuming there isnt' already something that answers this in-game (or it's planned to be explained in the future)

Khajiit also doesn't understand a lot about what it means being Soul Shriven. This one tries not to think too much on it. His basic understanding is this: Manimarco did something to us, our bodies and souls went to Coldharbour (bodies to toil and be tormented, souls to fuel the Planemeld), . The most curious thing to Khajiit is why there is no explanation given in the game when you definitely stopped the planemeld yet the Dark Anchors still appear. Or perhaps these will continue until the Dragonfires are relit?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 07:53 PM
Post #1325

Finder
Group Icon

Warning: more fanwank speculation based on information we have so far ahead

On the subject of the anchors and completing the main quest, while also continuing the topic

This is all fanfiction fodder tbh. Aside from one tiny detail I'm having trouble deciding on, I more or less know where my characters are headed when this is all over. I'm just trying to be prepared in case of any wrench throwing. :V

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 07:56 PM
+Quote Post
hazmick
post May 20 2017, 09:18 PM
Post #1326

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 20 2017, 07:53 PM) *

Warning: more fanwank speculation based on information we have so far ahead

/snip/

What about skyshards? They're a thing that does something, right? Maybe that's what sets vestige shriven apart from regular shriven, and makes vestiges more...'normal'.

--------------------
Screenshot of the Month - Second Seed - Scholar

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 20 2017, 11:22 PM
Post #1327

Finder
Group Icon

It's what the Prophet used to attune them to Nirn, so that's a possibility. I always wondered whether Skyshards had any effect on anyone else or whether they only served to empower whatever special ability the Vestige has. (It's been a while since I read the book about some special kind of soul or whatever that was clearly alluding to the PC)

Considering Nirn's very nature probably doesn't allow creatures like Daedra to exist naturally, mass accumulation of Skyshards could probably make a Soul Shriven mortal again. Give them permanence, if you will. ...or it's essentially turning them into ghosts. Permanently. So when they die their spirit is stuck on Nirn without being able to pass on. 'Course, the second one's probably very unlikely.

There are so many directions they can go with this, though I'll admit I'm a bit rust on how many of these things work. A wizard did it, I guess. I suppose that's the fun of leaving it up to the player to fill in the blanks.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 20 2017, 11:33 PM
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post May 21 2017, 03:41 AM
Post #1328

Finder
Group Icon

On a Morrowind-related note, I STILL don't have much to go with for my Warden. The only known facts are that he's a Nord and around Hates-White-Rats' age. (So probably like 19 or 20. 16 if I decide Morrowind takes place before the events of the Planemeld given he's starting out there)

No name. Got a general appearance set but I'm still conflicted about it. He's gonna focus on the frost tree, though. Maybe with some healing. Probably going to use...mace and shield along with the frost staff? Most likely light armor.

I'm most likely not even playing until June or later, but I still feel like I'm out of time :V
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 21 2017, 04:05 AM
Post #1329

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ May 20 2017, 09:41 PM) *

On a Morrowind-related note, I STILL don't have much to go with for my Warden. The only known facts are that he's a Nord and around Hates-White-Rats' age. (So probably like 19 or 20. 16 if I decide Morrowind takes place before the events of the Planemeld given he's starting out there)

No name. Got a general appearance set but I'm still conflicted about it. He's gonna focus on the frost tree, though. Maybe with some healing. Probably going to use...mace and shield along with the frost staff? Most likely light armor.

I'm most likely not even playing until June or later, but I still feel like I'm out of time :V

Khajiit is currently working on Brenna's backstory. We haven't really decided on her last name (she's going to need one because apparently just Brenna is already in use). Her mom was a Reach Clanner and her dad was a Breton from Bangkorai (specifically the city of Evermore). Khajiit actually has the first part of the story typed out.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post

67 Pages V « < 65 66 67
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd May 2017 - 09:43 AM