Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Endless Oblivion, Wrong place, Right time...
davion
post Apr 2 2006, 04:59 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

I awoke in an Imperial Prison to the voice of a Dunmer tossing insults at me. I would have thought that after three years of being in the cell across from him he would stop. I grew immune to his insults and vauge references to me being a female Dunmer, but his voice was just so irratating! He had drove my brother insane enough to kill himself about a year and a half ago.

I hated him even more for another reason though. My brother didn't get sent to prison for about two years after me. I've been in this hell-hole since i was seventeen. I served six years in that prison for a crime I did not commit. A murder of some sort that was linked to the Dark Brotherhood. The Dunmer across the cell though I wish I had killed.

I never knew his name, noone would tell me, and I was too disgusted to want to know it also. See, when I first arrived in the prison, the very first day in fact, i heard the Dunmer and the Guard Captain discussing something, but I couldn't make it out. I found out soon enough what they were talking about. See, the Dunmer had bribed the guard to unlock both our cells after the shift change.

Later that night, he came into my cell with a dagger that he some how managed to keep hidden from the guards. The dagger had some magical property on it to paralyse on contact. I am sorry I cannot go into detail, but this is a legacy I leave for my children, and I don't want them to know in full detail what happened to me.

I was terrified! I wanted to scream, but the poison rendered my vocal cord useless. All I could do was stay there and wait for the nightmare to end! This had never happened to me before, so it scared me deeply. I cried uncontrollably in my mind until I cried myself asleep. After what felt like an eternity he leaned over to me and wispered, "If you tell anybody I will kill you" into my ear. The next day I woke up with a guard standing over me with a fresh change of clothes. He didn't say anything to me, just nelt down beside where I was, handed me the clothes and walked out. I picked up the shirt and put it on, followed by the pants and I put the sandles next to the box besides my bed. Inside of the pant pocket was a note from the guard... it read,

"Dear Selina,
I am terrably sorry about what I agreed with Valeth about last night. I am really not like that, but he offered me one hundred gold coins to look the other way. That hundred will go a long way to feed my children... forgive me.....

My Apologies, it wont happen again.
Imperial Prison Guard Captain, Juhrre."

But it did happen again, and again, and again. On and off for two years, until the time my brother was put in the same cell as me. What the guard captain didn't realize is that the Dunmer, Valeth, stole the captains key to my cell, and a lockpick he confiscated from someone earlier. The guard thought he had just misplaced the key.

I layed there, staring at the bones of my brother in rubble on the cell ground next to me. It bothered me that the guard did not remove his body, but even though he was dead, talking to him still kept me sane from what was happening to me with Valeth. His spirit would some times come to me and fend off Valeth for a day or so, but his spectre just reminded me how he murdered himself and was being tortured for it.

Chapter One

Valeth was doing his usual insults and let downs, but today was different. I heard a voice at the top of the stairs that I had never heard down in the prison. I couldn't match the face with the voice until himself and his bodyguards were in my cell. The Emperor of Tamriel himself! I overheard one of the female Blades tell the other guard that they would have to use the secret entrance that was through my cell to let the emperor make his escape.

The emperor looked at me then said, "I know you.... let me see your face."

Too be continued.........

(OOC: okay i think i touched it up to where i think all the graphic detail has been removed/replaced with cleaner sentances. let me know if you guys see any more that might not be acceptable, thanks)

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 2 2006, 06:11 AM

--------------------
The lazy man can, what the lazy man plans.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Apr 2 2006, 05:18 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

The first part was pretty interesting actually and well written, though I'm not sure if our moderators and admins will allow it to stay here without being edited a bit.

Some of the content is somewhat questionable for a 13(maybe 14 I can't remember) and up site but I'll leave it to our moderators and administrators to decide that. If it was somewhere else I would see nothing wrong with the content, just another story. smile.gif

A fine story you've got here so continue please.

Edit: Alright the story is much cleaner now, the reader can still understand what happens to the character but its not nearly as graphic. goodjob.gif

This post has been edited by Kiln: Apr 2 2006, 07:04 AM

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 4 2006, 06:59 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

I had no clue what he was talking about, so I just staired at him confused.

"Yes, I've seen you before. Your the one from my dreams"

I still couldn't understand what he was talking about. He continued to tell me that the stars were right and that the nine had lead our fates togeather with an invisible hand. I can't recall the conversation we had, because I was just still in the middle of trying to comprehend and figure out what he was talking to me about. I thought he was just a cenile old man whos' reached his end. One thing was for certain though, I had a free ticket out of this hell. No more stale bread, no more nights of sleeping on the cold stone floor. Especially no more Valeth!

The female bodyguard had told the Emperor and the other Blades that they should keep the door open because there was no way to open it from the other side incase they would need to retreat back into the prison. The Redguard didn't seem to happy about the idea, but had no other choice. He approached me stedily and told me to stay out of their way. I nodded, looked over, picked up my brothers skull and carried it out of the cell with me to give him a proper bariel.

Chapter Two - Assassins

So far I had managed to make it through the cavern without incident from the Blades. I over-heard conversations being passed back and forth between the Blades soldiers and the Emperor. It seemed as if all of the Emperors' sons' have been assassinated and there are no heirs to the throne. I could care less I was making my way to Morrowind once I got out of the prison! I've seen all I needed to see of Cyrodiil. At least the Dunmer in Morrowind treated their own kind with some sort of respect!

My train of thought was broken when I heard one of the Blades shout out, "Protect the Emperor!". I looked up and saw three men in full black body armour attack the Blades guardsmen. The first of the Blades to fall was the woman. She went down with ease, her Akaviri Katana made what would usually be a loud metallec clank, fell dim with the sounds of metal clashing against metal. I saw the Emperor hurry towards me! I didn't know if he had thought I was one of the assassins, but when I saw the real assassin running behind him, trying to catch up, I knew he was fleeing. I had to do something, but I had no weapon, and I wasn't good at street fighting.

The assassin flew into the air then crashed down hard onto his back, motionless. Shattered fragments of my brothers skull lay around the assassins head, showing just how brutal the force of the throw was. For some strange reason the assassins armour dissapeared, leaving a maroon hood and cape that had the initials, "M.D." over the left breast. Before I had time to figure out what the initials meant, one of the guards were already accusing me of being their accomplace!

I begged and pleaded with the guard, hoping he wouldn't cut me down where I stood, but the Emperor interviened on my behalf. He ordered them to stand down and that I was going to be playing a major role in the events to come. I didn't know if I believed him or not, but this situation got really thick really fast! He started telling me something again, but just as last time, I faded in and out of his conversation with me. A few seconds later Burus approached me and said that I should might as well make myself usefull and lead the way with the toarch he was carring. Apparently I was expendable.

--------------------
+Quote Post
milanius
post Apr 4 2006, 03:58 PM
Post #4

Agent

If I was your character, Davion, I would have revenge on my mind, among Top Five Things-To-Do... don't forget that your character is Dunmer and thus a passionate, vindictive creature... so please, let's see some well'deserved payback (if possible) in the future, m'kay ? smile.gif

--------------------
Zlo činiti od zla se braneći,
tu zločinstva nema nikakvoga

Petar II Petrovic Njegos
(1813-1851)
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 4 2006, 08:34 PM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

(OOC: oops just realized what i said was kindd of a spolier to assassin fans lol, so i'll leave that out, if you want to know about ti you can ask me through PM or AIM

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 11 2006, 05:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 8 2006, 05:34 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Chapter Three - Sewers

The guard unlocked the door infront of me and ordered me to lead the way. I didn't know what to expect on the other side, but the same, cold, dank smell of the dungeon stired my sturd my stomache, almost making me heave! Squeeks from the common rats echoed through the cavern halls so there was no way to tell which direction they were comming from.

We only encountered one more group of assassins on the way to the next door leading to anywhere and nowhere at the same time. We suffered no casualties, which was always good. Too many casualties meant that things were looking grim, but not too many meant that it was safe to say we would make it out okay. In the middle of my thinking one of the guards voices rang out to me. He told me that I couldn't follow them any further and to not even try. I looked at the Emperor and he just nodded, as if to say that it would be okay. I watched as my hope for survival walk through the door with them. I could fare pretty well against one assassin, but in the waves of three that they were comming, I wouldn't stand a chance...

I searched around the room after checking to see if they hadn't locked the door behind them, which they did, for a way around. After about three minutes of searching, just as clockwork, an assassin showed up behind me. I noticed him out of the corner of my eye, but didn't want him to think I knew he was there. As he lifted up his dagger, I sent my foot backwards into his gut, knocking the wind out of him so bad he almost collapsed right then and there. In the split second I had to make a decision on what I wanted to do, it dawned on me! If I were to just run away maybe he would forget about me and leave! Apparently he planned on that, because he proceeded to latch his arms around mine. In a quick reaction I spun around, grabbed him by the waist and hurled him into the wall across from me.

He crashed through the wall with a distinct satisfaction to myself I should add! As he slammed into the wall though, it seemed to buckle as he slammed into it and the wall caved in, burring him behind piles of brick and rubble. I stept in cautiously, hopping that he was dead, but just to make sure I tred softly as to not possably wake him, and take the dagger into my Achelies, causing me to flop around on the ground like a fish out of water. The change of scent was welcomed, but all it smelt like was rotting, decaying flesh. I didn't know what was worse; the smell of the dead, or the smell of warm, dank dungeon air; all I cared about was getting out as fast as possable and smell the fresh air I haven't in three years...

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 8 2006, 08:32 PM
Post #7

Master
Group Icon

Nice story. I suppose that this is based on the story of Oblivion?
And someone should track down the guy who built that wall and give him some punishment for not doing his work right. Really, having the thing collapse when someone slams into it is too much.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 11 2006, 06:20 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

Chapter Four - Unpresidented Fate

I made my way through the caves, fighting off rabid rats here and there. At last I came to a great hall, or at least that's what it looked like, save for the furnishings and the like. The first thing I noticed was a pen, and it was filled with rats! I thought to myself,

The exit best not be through there!

And thankfully, it wasn't. I was greeted however, by a Goblin Shaman and two warrior type ones. I wasn't battle hardened, so I freaked out. I started off running, but once the Shaman cast a fireball at me and nailed me with it in the foot, I got furious. My blood started to boil, and my eyes grew a demonic black, and I blacked out. When I came too, the one goblin was laying lifeless on the ground, burning. Another one had its head chopped off, and as for the Shaman? Well lets just say that human skulls aren't the only ones on its pikes anymore. With that, I noticed the exit, and headed towards it.

As I got to the door leading out of the cave I had thought about my son, and how he has to spend his entire life in the prison of the Imperial Legion, not knowing who his mother was, or who his father was. I had him when I was very young... young in human years that is. I was a Dunmer, we don't age like humans do. So to humans, I would of had him at 12 years old. My son would be around six or so years old. My poor, poor baby boy, Isaac.

My train of thought was put to side when I heard the words, "For the Emperor!" on the other side of the door. I drew my blade I had looted from the assassin I tossed into the wall and charged through the door. I saw more assassins fighting the guardsmen, and so I jumpped down to lend a helping hand. Out of my perifreal vision I saw the Emperor, and noticed he was hiding in the back room.

I froze when I saw another assassin come from a passage way to the Emperors left, and stab him! He forced that dagger into his back three times! I screamed, "The Emperor is down!" and charged the assassin that had stabbed him! I was vengeful, and that fuled me to thrust my blade even harder into his abdomen, and making him kneel before me. With his dying breath he told me,

"You shouldn't have came here little girl!"

then he went limp on my blade. I let go of my sword and rushed to the Emperors side. Luckly, he was still alive. I cursed myself for not knowing any healing prayers. Even though he was stairing down death, he managed to look at me and smile, before saying.

"Take this, the "Amulet of Kings" and find my illegitimate son, Martin, he is the true heir to the throne, and the only one who can stop this! Go find Jauffre, he will know where my son is.."

The Emperor paused, then caughed up some blood. It slatted onto my face, but I did not care, because even worse was happening; i was holding onto a dying man! With his last ounce of strength he gave me the Amulet of Kings. And with his final breath he said to me, in a strong, masqulen voice,

"Find him... and close shut the jaws of Oblivion!"

With that, he fell limp in my arms. I layed him down respectfully, and put the Amulet of Kings in my pocket. I didn't fail to keep eye contact with him as I stood up.

One of the remaining guards rushed in, and saw the Emperors corpse, laying next to the slain assassin. He became furious and started ranting and raving and spewing out new curse words I have never heard before, then he just stopped. Not even turning to look at me he asked,

"The Amulet? Where is the Amulet of Kings?!"

I pulled it out of my pocket and told him that the King had asked of me to take this to Jauffre, and to help him find his son so that the fires can be lit once again. he came back with,

"He does huh? I don't know why he trusted you so much, but if what you tell me is true, then there is no other way, and you must take the amulet to Jauffre. Jauffre is at the Wayeon Province. Take this map, I have marked where it is for you on it. I will stay here and make sure no more desicration comes to the dear king. Go now through the passage leading to the sewers, at the end you will find the exit to the outside world!"

I looked at him and nodded, placing the map folded in my pocket, along with the amulet of kings. I tried putting the amulet on, but said that only the heir to the throne , that shares the bloodline with the amulet of kings can wear it. So I put it back in my pocket and ventured forth into the sewers... to freedom...

This post has been edited by davion: Apr 13 2006, 07:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Apr 12 2006, 12:31 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh, sorry for not replying lately davion, I love your story youknow...goodjob.gif

The last updates have been exellent, and I enjoy reading them greatly, hehe, so dont stop now...by all means continue...I'll be patiently waiting4updates....huh...who am I fooling...update NOW...hehe smile.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Duncan Frost
post Apr 12 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #10

Agent

Nice story.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 13 2006, 05:10 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Good work. Keep it up.

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 13 2006, 05:12 PM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

Chapter Five - Merchants Inn

I made it through the sewers with very little problems. The only threat I ran into was a goblin, if you can consider a goblin a threat. I mean, he went down with about half a hit from my blade. I laughed at the simplicity of it all. I did, however, manage to find some skeletons with armour and some miscelanious items strewn about their bodies. I found about a full set of Iron Armour, save for the gaunts and a helm. I also found an axe, but after giving it a few practice swings, I decided I liked the sword better, because it was more well balanced and flowed smoother. Plus it didn't hurt your hand when you inpacted something with it. None the less, I decided I should take it with me and see if I can't sell it and get enough money for a room and a hot meal.

I had just stepped out of the sewers into the night, taking in deep breaths, when something horrable happened....... I inhaled a nat!

"Phffft"

It was grose! I immediately went to the dock and shoveled in handfuls of water. I forgot this is salt water, and I began to heave all over my boots. Chunks of stuff I haven't even eaten were stuck to the boots!

"There's the nat...."

Then I picked it up with my fingers, placed it in the palm of my hand, and flicked it out into the water. I don't know why, but at that moment I felt like a Hopeless Housewife! I giggled embarrassed, even though noone was around.

My body could start to feel the effects of the handfulls of salt water I digested, because my lips were breaking, my throat was really dry and irratated. The closest town I could see where I was to was the Imperial City of Cyrodill. I had heard that if you go into town bloodied and battered from fighting the undead, then the man at the "Merchants Inn" would give you a free, cooked meal.

Where was I to get some undead bones though or echtoplasm, or even zombie flesh for that matter?! I remembered about the skeletons I looted the armour from, and decided to go back into the sewers, and grab a skull and some bone shivvings. Now the problem was making it look like i was in a fight with the thing? I had an idea!

I pulled out the axe I had, and cut a gash across my arm. Now I didn't actually try to cut my arm off, I just cut a few layers of flesh so that when he would look at it, it would look like a clean cut. Also, the axe from the thing having blood on it would help. I just hopped this would work.

I got to the Merchants Inn about I'd have to say about an hour or so later. My arm was throbbing, like if you were to give yourself a paper cut with an envelope. I kept having to stop myself from going for the health potion I looted from the Goblins so that it wouldn't conseal the wound.

The first place I went into in the Imperial City was the merchants block. I knew the Inn would be there, so that was the first place I went. From where I entered, the Inn was straight ahead of me and to the left. I could either go by the map that someone had told me once, or by the big sign outside of the businesses.... yeah I thought the sign was a good idea too.

When I came in, the place was oddly desolate for a Inn/Bar. In any case, I walked up to the front counter where the owner was standing, and with my bloodied arm, I tossed the skull and bloodied bone shivvings on the counter.

"I'd like a room and a hot meal please!"

As I stared at him and smiled, he seemed to examine me.

"Ten gold ma'am."

My heart dropped, and my facial expression showed it with stunning results.

"Ten gold? I don't even have a shilling!"

the man sized me up again.

"Then I can't help ya!"

I sighed, and tried giving him the cute girly pouty face reutine, which failed amazingly.

"Well, all the shops are closed right now, what If I give you my armour as collateral until I can get down to the shop and sell some of this stuff?"

I tried giving him the pouty eyes again, still he wouldn't flinch. That cold-hearted bafoon!

"Okay, you got a deal miss. Here's the key to the room upstairs and immediately on your left. Your meal will be up to you shortly."

As soon as he said okay I began stripping like a dancer at the Earthly Delights! I had to stop myself because I almost took off my shirt! Oh my that would have been embarrassing. In any case, I took the mans key and proceeded to my room. A nice, warm room on a nice, soft bed would be like heaven.

I layed on the bed for several minutes, doing nothing but enjoying how good everything felt. I lost count how many times I kissed my pillow.

"Yer meals ready miss."

I heard the man call for me and then knock on my door. I told him it was open and he came in, and placed the food down on the table next to the door. It was a sight to behold! Red Meat, Potatoes, Tomatoes, Carrots and Letuce! And to top it off he gave me a full bottle of wine. The wine may have been cheap, but It was delicious!

I giggled like a little girl and jumped off the bed and rushed the dinner table! I picked up the fork and the knife and gazed at the food, thinking it was too good to be true! If it was, I didn't care, I was going to get as much of it as I could, while I could!

Right as I went to take my first chunk out of the Viel Meat, that stupid nat showed up again! I told him it was war, and that noone was leaving until one of us was dead! I put a napkin over my food to keep the nat away from it, and picked up a cloth and wound it up like a whip, locked onto it, and flicked the towl at it! I nailed it directly! I know that because I saw it fumble down onto the floor!

I laughed in triumph over the nat and sat back down to eat. I grabbed the fork and knife and began to cut. I was so excited I just wanted to grab it with my hands and start gourging at it like an animal!

I picked up the piece of cut meat with the fork, and stared at its magnificance. Then, out of nowhere, the damnedable nat landed on the piece of meat I was going to put in my mouth! My eyes grew black with rage, just like in the cave....

--------------------
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Apr 13 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

Another nice one. Just that I wouldn't cut myself just like that but oh well, personalities are unique. smile.gif

PS: what's a nat?

--------------------
+Quote Post
davion
post Apr 13 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

OOC: I don't actually cut myself, and shes not doing it for a thrill, just trying to get a free meal out of it lol.

OOC: Have you ever taken the school bus to school in the morning during the winter time? Those little bugs that don't seem to want to stop flying around your face, those are nats.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:33 AM