> The War of Necromancy, Planning Thread
Zalphon
post Jan 6 2011, 02:01 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

A thread to plan the events of this RP.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
grif11
post Jan 7 2011, 10:35 PM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

im moving house tomorrow so my internet isnt gonna work till the 31st of january. ive got an idea though. falius will leave IC to scout bruma and will be captured, taken to the city the crew are nearest to when i come back on, and get rescued. please reply soon!

--------------------
~Salutes~ I am dave! Yognaught.

Unshelled Bullets - A weary sniper tells his story of law and sacrifice.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 8 2011, 01:52 AM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

Not a bad idea, Grif. Clever way to buy time when your having problems in RL ( in this case, moving house ), if you ask me.

How about you guys? Whaddya think?

--------------------
Djinn: What wish would you like to have, young master?
Random dude: SUPA POWAZ!
--
Djinn: Is there anything I could make true, lord?
Old guy: .. Youth and charisma.
--
Djinn: Your heart speaks of wanting. I could make it true, milord.
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jan 8 2011, 02:00 AM
Post #4

Knower
Group Icon

Sounds like a brilliant plan, at least in my honest opinion.

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jan 8 2011, 09:08 AM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

sounds pretty clever to me too.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 8 2011, 11:12 AM
Post #6

Knower
Group Icon

OK, I think its time we discuss of how we're going inside Bruma.

Apart from entering Bruma disguised as the Black Dragon.

What I'm proposing is that we breach Bruma by faking our identities as SURVIVORS OF AN ATTACK CAPTURED BY A CERTAIN DUNMER NAMED NYM DRALAS.

That's right. We're going in as wounded warriors captured by a repentant Nym who wants to serve the Black Dragon one last time before being executed. And NO, a character is not going to be hanged or die.

That is, if Zalphon gives us the thumbs up to follow through this kind of plan. So whaddya fink, Zalph? Think you can give us dem thumbs up?

If not, well... Disguises for us then.

--------------------
--
--
Me: Hmmm. I wish to know what I want. Then you could hook me up in some insidious deal, spirit.
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jan 12 2011, 04:46 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

Continue without me... I can't keep going anymore, real life has me so stressed out I don't want to even think about Nym or this. I owe thanks to a 'friend' of mine who humiliated me to the point where I am so insecure I can't do a single thing without having to ask myself or someone else, "Should I?"

I'm really sorry guys, I really didn't expect him to open a [censored]-storm on me...

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Jan 12 2011, 04:47 AM
Post #8

Knower
Group Icon

As for you guys' plan, do it... I can't stay involved with this. Urenia, I'm appointing you head of the RP. I'll try to restart this again if you guys don't want to continue, but for now I need to work out my affairs...

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 15 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Time for me to be the regent, then.

OK, first of all, since Zalphon can't continue and Grif won't be back till 30, our numbers is reduced to a mere 3. Yes, so that means Dantrag, Jack and myself are the only driving force of this RP. I ask you this;

What happens now?

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Jan 15 2011, 02:48 PM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 15 2011, 04:36 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Well, we're probably gonna have to put the bruma plan on hold, at least till we get Nym back (having a source of information on how to behave and stuff would be pretty handy for the infiltration).

So I propose that our Breton boss decides that he doesn't really like the whole rag-tag nature of our group. I mean seriously, we've got a healer which is a bit odd for an assassinationplan but ok, those can come in handy. But a random fisherman from the middle of nowhere? So instead of charging straight at Bruma, he gives us a smaller mission to prove our worth first. Like...checking up on a load of supplies that is rather late and make sure it gets to the IC?

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 15 2011, 04:41 PM
Post #11

Knower
Group Icon

Proving our worth, then? Fine by me. Checking on late caravans.. Sure.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jan 16 2011, 05:43 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

i think it makes sense to go after falius, since we could make it tie into the plot pretty well. He gets rescued, and then our characters get disguises from his captors. we just have to make finding him a bit difficult to kill time. Find a clue here and there, you know?

--------------------
+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 16 2011, 10:06 PM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

Well, we have a scout. That should make things pretty . . . easy? Yes. I think.

So... How about this..

We are sent to find the missing caravan and on the way, we find clues about Falius' whereabouts. Like, a string on his bow or something. We go after him first, and when we find him... TADAH! It looks like the Nercomancer and his vampire lackeys are robbing merchants and the like to decrease the supplies IC gets.

Now here's the question.. Where, gameplay-wise, is Falius and the caravan? In my opinion, we should stick close to the roads that lead would be used by merchants..

Fort Nikel. I vote for Fort Nikel. Or even Fort Empire.

Sorry Grif, but even Bosmeri can't be that fast. And we had to make room for the caravan.

So, take your votes and after that, I'll post.

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
jack cloudy
post Jan 20 2011, 08:10 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

I've got no idea where fort nickel or empire are. I assume that they are to the north though. It would be kinda silly after all if Falius ran off to Bruma by heading south.

That said, who is going to play our employer? We don't need him to do much really, just send us on our way. Perhaps he adds that we can take some of the less important supplies from the caravan if we find them. Ya know, just to get us moving faster. I'm sure he could have a letter written for us so we don't come across as bandits.

--------------------
Fabulous hairneedle attack! I'm gonna be bald before I hit twenty.
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jan 23 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #15

Agent

Hey guys, sorry to interupt in the planning thread, but is it too late to join in? I'll throw a character into the character thread now in preparation, as for how he gets into the story. I could be a caravan guard, or perhaps a traveler on the road who joined with the caravan for mutual protection (Fat lot of good that would do him in this case).

As I plan to have come to Cyrodil through the mountains from Skyrim it'd also make sense for me to be up North near Bruma. Perhaps I was sent there to check on the situation, since I expect Skyrim would at least have an interest in protecting a largely Nordic town.

+Quote Post
ureniashtram
post Jan 23 2011, 02:53 PM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

I've got no idea where fort nickel or empire are. I assume that they are to the north though. It would be kinda silly after all if Falius ran off to Bruma by heading south.

That said, who is going to play our employer? We don't need him to do much really, just send us on our way. Perhaps he adds that we can take some of the less important supplies from the caravan if we find them. Ya know, just to get us moving faster. I'm sure he could have a letter written for us so we don't come across as bandits.

They're actually on a road west of the Imperial City. Bah. Scrap my idea, it was horrible. Let's just make it into an Ayleid ruin near Bruma, like Anga for example. Atleast theres a settlement near there (Bleaker's Way).

Heres a map : http://www.uesp.net/maps/obmap/obmap.shtml

So.. We get sent to find out what happened to caravan, find clues pointing that a vampire and his necromancer are robbing caravans and taking the supplies for themselves and when we intrude upon their HQ, we stumble across Falius!

And the employer... If anyone wants to 'play' Colin Draconis, please say 'Wiggidy wiggidy wumbo jumbo'. If not, well... Wiggidy wiggidy wumbo jumbo.

And Welcome to the RP, Ahrenil! Always good to have our numbers swell. And going straight to Bruma is a bad idea. It's too fast. I recommend that your one of the missing caravan's guard. During the fight, you escape and layed low to a nearby settlement. Since we plan to make Anga the place where the caravan and Grif's character is being held hostage, that settlement would be Bleakers Way.

And since our characters are tasked with finding the caravan and Falius, we're going to stumble into you! Grreat, big coincedence, eh? Post your thoughts and feel free to voice your objections/questions/suggestions!

This post has been edited by ureniashtram: Jan 23 2011, 02:54 PM

--------------------
--
--
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jan 23 2011, 07:37 PM
Post #17

Agent

Yeah i'm fine with that, perhaps once you get to Bleakers way, either after finding the wrecked caravan or just by chance, you stop at the inn to ask the locals what happened or to rest and prepare and I step forward to help?

Just as an idea perhaps the caravan was attacked by the Thief stone? The walls would make a good place for either the guards to hold up, and so for there to be evidence of a nice battle, or for the ambushers to hold out and spring from. It's nice and close to both places it seems and from there Bleakers way is the obvious choice for refuge.

This post has been edited by Ahrenil: Jan 23 2011, 07:40 PM
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jan 24 2011, 10:15 PM
Post #18

Councilor
Group Icon

we may be planning too hard and not playing enough. We just need to get out of the city and move things along.

grif was going to be back sometime around the 31st of this month, so wherever our characters are when he comes back will likely be where they find Falius.

Since Mr. Draconis is not important at all (at least for a while) once we leave the city, it doesn't really matter who plays him. we just need a 'yes, here are your supplies. go now.'

even meeting up with ahrenil's character can be as simple as crossing paths on the road. (since bruma has already fallen to the Order, Gillyed would likely keep moving past the town, explaining why he is so far south.)

EDIT: so...i posted for draconis along these lines...if you guys disapprove, we can ignore the last post.

This post has been edited by Dantrag: Jan 24 2011, 10:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jan 24 2011, 10:47 PM
Post #19

Agent

Ah, I wasn't aware Bruma had fallen since the only cities mentioned to have actually gone down were Anvil, Skingrad, Bravil, Leyawin, Cheydinal and Chorrol. But yeah, when you guys hit the road i'll join in where it seems appropriate.
+Quote Post
Ahrenil
post Jan 31 2011, 10:31 PM
Post #20

Agent

When the battle starts my Nord will join in okay? So don't kill everyone too quickly tongue.gif
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 12:03 PM