Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2019, 04:20 PM
Post #3761

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2019, 08:35 AM) *

I haven't done Cyrodiil yet either; but like you = was holding it out for last. (and I'm WAY further back than you are to being close to the end = more like at the beginning, lol).

Oh god, Khajiit can only imagine how annoying trying to fish in Cyrodiil would be.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 21 2019, 05:14 PM
Post #3762

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 21 2019, 10:20 AM) *

I haven't done Cyrodiil yet either; but like you = was holding it out for last. (and I'm WAY further back than you are to being close to the end = more like at the beginning, lol).

Oh god, Khajiit can only imagine how annoying trying to fish in Cyrodiil would be.

Everyone I know that has done it has had good experiences with it overall. The veteran PvP'ers usually bypass someone fishing as "not a threat." One guy from the DC even came and dropped his fishing line next to a friend of mine who was EP. The issues they may have are from gank mobs when fishing near roads; skyshards; Dolmen; or Keeps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 21 2019, 05:19 PM
Post #3763

Paladin
Group Icon

Ghastley, it takes guts to become a master angler! Check for an in game PM with some attached. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 21 2019, 06:04 PM
Post #3764

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2019, 10:14 AM) *

Everyone I know that has done it has had good experiences with it overall. The veteran PvP'ers usually bypass someone fishing as "not a threat." One guy from the DC even came and dropped his fishing line next to a friend of mine who was EP. The issues they may have are from gank mobs when fishing near roads; skyshards; Dolmen; or Keeps.

Hmm, perhaps being a fisher person might be a good cover for infiltration?

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 21 2019, 06:46 PM
Post #3765

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2019, 11:14 AM) *

Yep, some people are actually quite cool about it. I was clearing a dolmen on my own and a Dominion player came into view. I was getting ready for him to come after me, but he was actually cool about it and left me alone since I only cared about taking out the dolmen.

But I imagine other players are not so cool about it and will try to go for what they think are "easy pickins.'"

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 22 2019, 01:39 AM
Post #3766

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Nov 21 2019, 11:19 AM) *

Ghastley, it takes guts to become a master angler! Check for an in game PM with some attached. tongue.gif

Cat Man Dhou was sad that so many bunnies bought it, but at least a thousand frogs didn't have to croak. tongue.gif

---

Current standing: 33 to go. 10 lake fish in Dominion, 11 lake fish in Pact, and the 12 (all waters) in Cyrodiil.

This post has been edited by ghastley: Nov 22 2019, 02:58 PM

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Nov 22 2019, 07:41 PM
Post #3767

Mouth
Group Icon

Huge shout-out to mALX for yesterday for covering for my dumb self. I bit off more than I could chew as Cincy tried to solo Shada's Tear in Craglorn. I'm a giant goober, and got a bit cocky (which never works well for me) thinking I could do it after soloing some of the other places in Craglorn. Cincy got pretty far too, but he wasn't going to be able to complete it without assistance because it was really tough and he had already died a few times. So we called on mALX and her trusty Pia Khan for reinforcements, but even that was not going to be enough. So mALX called on her own reinforcement from a friend who goes by "Aussie."

Both mALX and I had some technical difficulties. Suddenly my headphones were uncooperative and I got kicked out of the game due to a crash, and once again trying to log-in gave me the error message "This account is already logged in." Thus, I had to exit Steam totally and load back in. And mALX had some odd issues with the quest not being exactly where I was when I shared it with her and not progressing quite the same way. But we overcame it, and the two of us and Aussie fought our way to the final boss, the Nereid Shada. Even the 3 of us had trouble with it though, and we all died once despite Cincy being able to revive his companions a couple times. (If he didn't build up so much health, there is no way he could've completed that dungeon.) But the second time around was much more successful, and we eliminated Shada.

So that's the short of it. I learned my lesson. Next time I will be absolutely sure to not take on something like that by myself unless I am absolutely sure that I can solo it, or I will just use the group finder. Thank you to mALX for being a good sport and going out of her way to help me out. On the bright side, that was the last of the "points of interest" to clear that are so-labeled on the zone map. Still, I will be...less enthusiastic about taking on such challenges.

In other news, late last night and earlier today saw the beginning of a World Boss run by Cincy that we have left in the Alliance zones. It has gone very well so far, as we finished off Shadowfen, Deshaan, and The Rift. The only Pact WBs left are two in Eastmarch.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2019, 08:10 PM
Post #3768

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 21 2019, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 21 2019, 10:14 AM) *

Hmm, perhaps being a fisher person might be a good cover for infiltration?

rollinglaugh.gif

QUOTE(RaderOfTheLostArk @ Nov 22 2019, 01:41 PM) *

Huge shout-out to mALX for yesterday for covering for my dumb self. I bit off more than I could chew as Cincy tried to solo Shada's Tear in Craglorn. I'm a giant goober, and got a bit cocky (which never works well for me) thinking I could do it after soloing some of the other places in Craglorn. Cincy got pretty far too, but he wasn't going to be able to complete it without assistance because it was really tough and he had already died a few times. So we called on mALX and her trusty Pia Khan for reinforcements, but even that was not going to be enough. So mALX called on her own reinforcement from a friend who goes by "Aussie."

Both mALX and I had some technical difficulties. Suddenly my headphones were uncooperative and I got kicked out of the game due to a crash, and once again trying to log-in gave me the error message "This account is already logged in." Thus, I had to exit Steam totally and load back in. And mALX had some odd issues with the quest not being exactly where I was when I shared it with her and not progressing quite the same way. But we overcame it, and the two of us and Aussie fought our way to the final boss, the Nereid Shada. Even the 3 of us had trouble with it though, and we all died once despite Cincy being able to revive his companions a couple times. (If he didn't build up so much health, there is no way he could've completed that dungeon.) But the second time around was much more successful, and we eliminated Shada.

So that's the short of it. I learned my lesson. Next time I will be absolutely sure to not take on something like that by myself unless I am absolutely sure that I can solo it, or I will just use the group finder. Thank you to mALX for being a good sport and going out of her way to help me out. On the bright side, that was the last of the "points of interest" to clear that are so-labeled on the zone map. Still, I will be...less enthusiastic about taking on such challenges.

In other news, late last night and earlier today saw the beginning of a World Boss run by Cincy that we have left in the Alliance zones. It has gone very well so far, as we finished off Shadowfen, Deshaan, and The Rift. The only Pact WBs left are two in Eastmarch.

I was stunned by how far you got in that dungeon solo; and I got to see your character in action while Pia lay dead a lot = HOLY COW! I would love to see your character's build: Attributes; Champion Points; Armor Sets; Class; Race; etc. That is one tough character!!!

But that said = yeah; start out trying to solo easier group dungeons than that next time, rollinglaugh.gif

For my news: Something Lopov said inspired me to create a new character yesterday. The newest member of my "team" = Dagoth-Malan was "born" yesterday. He is a High Elf Sorc. I had a lot of fun trying to learn how to play a Sorc last night; and so far really enjoying it! I don't have a screenshot yet; but will get one soon.

He reached level 10 last night; so Rader = if you are in a group that ganks in Cyrodiil; I really want to get him up to at least level 6 for the Purge and Vigor skills. I'd like to join up. He just finished his Siege weapon training at 5 this morning; and he is Ebonheart Pact.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 22 2019, 08:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Nov 22 2019, 08:38 PM
Post #3769

Master
Group Icon

Looks like mALX lend a hand to more of us yesterday, Pia Khan also helped Shonta Quassan find the remaining skyshard in the Forgotten Crypts, which he couldn't reach on his own.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2019, 08:10 PM) *
For my news: Something Lopov said inspired me to create a new character yesterday. The newest member of my "team" = Dagoth-Malan was "born" yesterday. He is a High Elf Sorc. I had a lot of fun trying to learn how to play a Sorc last night; and so far really enjoying it! I don't have a screenshot yet; but will get one soon.

Nice! goodjob.gif I'm glad I mentioned him during our conversation.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 22 2019, 08:44 PM
Post #3770

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Nov 22 2019, 02:38 PM) *

Looks like mALX lend a hand to more of us yesterday, Pia Khan also helped Shonta Quassan find the remaining skyshard in the Forgotten Crypts, which he couldn't reach on his own.

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2019, 08:10 PM) *

Nice! goodjob.gif I'm glad I mentioned him during our conversation.

I'm glad you did too; I had a blast last night playing him through all the beginning stuff = was up til 5 this morning playing!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2019, 02:57 PM
Post #3771

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 22 2019, 01:10 PM) *

He reached level 10 last night; so Rader = if you are in a group that ganks in Cyrodiil; I really want to get him up to at least level 6 for the Purge and Vigor skills. I'd like to join up. He just finished his Siege weapon training at 5 this morning; and he is Ebonheart Pact.

Ohmagawd you’re playing as a Dagoth?! Awesome! Are you playing that the character is a Chimer since you are playing as a high elf?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Nov 23 2019, 02:59 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 04:23 PM
Post #3772

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 23 2019, 08:57 AM) *

Ohmagawd you’re playing as a Dagoth?! Awesome! Are you playing that the character is a Chimer since you are playing as a high elf?

Yes, he is supposedly a Chimer. I started off trying to make him a very light colored Dark Elf; but it just didn't have the look I wanted.

What I was going for was the facial features from the below image of of Vivec (from the original/actual game Morrowind) because he was the only image of Chimer I've seen in the games so far. Dagoth-Ur was behind that big mask; so you couldn't see him. Here is the face I was trying for:

https://giantbomb1.cbsistatic.com/uploads/s...ature_vivec.jpg

The problem was = my game crashes if I go in and out of it; so I was working from my crappy memory on Vivec's face in the character creation. (not the half and half coloring; but the facial features and ears).

I couldn't remember the ears; so unfortunately got them wrong; and couldn't really remember the brow. I'll post a pic of him in the Screenshot thread; I took a few last night = and I think I have some pics of him that I made in my Oblivion game too; I'll try to find them.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 04:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2019, 04:27 PM
Post #3773

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2019, 09:23 AM) *

Yes, he is supposedly a Chimer.

Nice! Reminds me of my Dwemer master craftsman, Razak Mezalf (the game recognizes him as Dunmer but he’s actually a Dwemer cursed with vampirism).

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 07:05 PM
Post #3774

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 23 2019, 10:27 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2019, 09:23 AM) *

Yes, he is supposedly a Chimer.

Nice! Reminds me of my Dwemer master craftsman, Razak Mezalf (the game recognizes him as Dunmer but he’s actually a Dwemer cursed with vampirism).

Dagoth-Malan will eventually be cursed with Vampirism too; though whether it happens in ESO may be another story. In his future; he ends up being the anonymous author of the Lorebook "Immortal Blood."

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Immortal_Blood

In other words; he draws blood from all the most powerful vampires in Morrowind and makes a cocktail blend of their blood and a sample of Dagoth-Ur's (immortal) blood = injects himself with it to make himself the most powerful vampire in Tamriel.

Of course; this is just the beginning of the Second Era; so all that is in his future.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 07:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 23 2019, 07:38 PM
Post #3775

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2019, 12:05 PM) *

a sample of Dagoth-Ur's (immortal) blood.

Oooo was he a character in TES3?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 23 2019, 09:46 PM
Post #3776

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 23 2019, 01:38 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2019, 12:05 PM) *

a sample of Dagoth-Ur's (immortal) blood.

Oooo was he a character in TES3?

Technically; yes. He was a "Cut" character. He was supposed to be an Ascended Sleeper in Morrowind; but never made it to the game for some reason. So I kind of usurped his skills and attributes; but in his story he escapes becoming an Ascended Sleeper. Instead, my version of his story:

Dagoth-Ur planned to make Malan an Ascended Sleeper; but Dagoth Malan learned of the plan and fled before it could happen. Before fleeing, he crept into Dagoth-Ur's chambers and tried to steal his immortal blood. Dagoth-Ur woke up and caught him; but Dagoth-Malan escaped before he could be captured = taking with him just a small amount of Dagoth-Ur's blood in a vial.

He escaped to the Crystal Tower; where he devised the plan to turn himself into the most powerful (and immortal) vampire in Tamriel.

His plan was to create as many vampires of his line that he could = who would then infiltrate the major cities of Cyrodiil; and slowly have their numbers grow through various secret attacks on the citizens in which they would be turned; not killed. Then on his command; he would have a full army of unkill-able immortal vampires ready to take over all of Cyrodiil; while he and his Elite Guard would take over the White Gold Tower; kill the Emperor currently seated there; and he would rule Tamriel.

If you read Immortal Blood you would know that the Cyrodiilic vampires can disguise their vampire features (like Seridur in the Imperial City was able to) = well, Malan's vampires all stayed hidden in plain view by disguising their vampire features; so no one could get an accurate count of the size of Malan's army.

Unfortunately Malan made an error in actually mixing Ur's blood into the Cocktail; so he is NOT immortal; (as he discovered when his wife [who he had turned into a vampire] died). Not only was he devastated by losing his wife; but that meant his whole plan to take over Cyrodiil (that relied on them not being able to kill his vampires) = would not work unless he could find out the error and correct it somehow.

So he locked himself back into the Crystal Tower and tried to find the error. It took another 50 years; but he finally discovered that to make himself immortal he would have had to inject Ur's blood first; (waited three days for it to fully replace the blood in his bloodstream) = then inject the cocktail of vampire blood in order to become a fully immortal vampire.

So now he had to figure out a way to make his armies immortal. And that is how he began studying necromancy under Mannimarco = so if nothing else; he could raise up his vampires to keep fighting in the battlefields (and also to be able to bring his wife back to life).

But that wouldn't help HIM (Malan) rule Tamriel; which was his entire original plan. So he had to figure out a way to make himself immortal too; and Mannimarco could also be able to help him with that.

It was too late to make himself immortal IN THIS BODY; so he planned to infect a young handsome man with the few drops remaining of Ur's blood and then use his own blood after three days = to make an immortal clone of his vampire nature in the other man's body; then use Necromancy to "trade bodies" with the man; moving his own soul into that man's body and take it over; and do the same with his wife's soul (using a beautiful woman's body).

Of course; none of this has happened yet; but that is Dagoth-Malan's back story will be later on in the 2nd Era, lol.

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 23 2019, 10:15 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 24 2019, 03:49 PM
Post #3777

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 23 2019, 02:46 PM) *

*snip*

Interesting! So where did he contract vampirism? Was it one of the 3 Vvardenfell strains or was it the Cyrodiilic strain that you mentioned? Also, Khajiit would imagine that having Dagoth Ur’s blood might have worked... up until the Nerevarine severed Ur’s connection to divinity, aka the Heart of Lorkhan.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Nov 24 2019, 04:44 PM
Post #3778

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 24 2019, 09:49 AM) *

*snip*

Interesting! So where did he contract vampirism? Was it one of the 3 Vvardenfell strains or was it the Cyrodiilic strain that you mentioned? Also, Khajiit would imagine that having Dagoth Ur’s blood might have worked... up until the Nerevarine severed Ur’s connection to divinity, aka the Heart of Lorkhan.

This all happened long before Ur was killed; so at the time the blood was drawn the immortality factor was there in the blood. Since Malan was never made immortal; it wouldn't have effected him = only the one who he made later to switch bodies with.

(Since destroying the Heart of Lorkhan doesn't happen until the very end of the 2nd Era; and what is happening right now is at the very beginning of the 2nd Era = no way of knowing whether it will change the immortality of the one he will eventually make = none of that has happened yet; he isn't even a vampire at this point).

** As for the vampirism = If you read Immortal Blood: The anonymous author used some of all those vampire lines to create a whole new vampire with the abilities of all those different "Clans."

So the Cyrodiilic abilites to hide his vampire features would def be a part of his repertoire. Unfortunately; if I make him a vampire in ESO; I won't be able to mod his vampirism to do what I want it to; so he may or may not ever become a vampire in this game.

(I used parts of three mods combined for him in my Oblivion game) = he could change into a large bird; a bat; and a wolf. He could hide his vampire features or show them when he chose. He could hypnotize Guards and manipulate minds. He could drink blood from NPC's while standing up either behind them or in front of them if they were hypnotized = it was very cool. When he was in his bird or bat form; he would actually fly places! When he made minions; they would follow him and fight for him.

I also had a similar (three mods pieced together) mod for Werewolfism in Oblivion; it was amazing; you could create packs of werewolves to follow you and fight for you!

This post has been edited by mALX: Nov 24 2019, 04:52 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Nov 24 2019, 06:39 PM
Post #3779

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Nov 24 2019, 09:44 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Nov 24 2019, 09:49 AM) *

*snip*

This all happened long before Ur was killed; so at the time the blood was drawn the immortality factor was there in the blood. Since Malan was never made immortal; it wouldn't have effected him = only the one who he made later to switch bodies with.

(Since destroying the Heart of Lorkhan doesn't happen until the very end of the 2nd Era; and what is happening right now is at the very beginning of the 2nd Era = no way of knowing whether it will change the immortality of the one he will eventually make = none of that has happened yet; he isn't even a vampire at this point).

** As for the vampirism = If you read Immortal Blood: The anonymous author used some of all those vampire lines to create a whole new vampire with the abilities of all those different "Clans."

So the Cyrodiilic abilites to hide his vampire features would def be a part of his repertoire. Unfortunately; if I make him a vampire in ESO; I won't be able to mod his vampirism to do what I want it to; so he may or may not ever become a vampire in this game.

(I used parts of three mods combined for him in my Oblivion game) = he could change into a large bird; a bat; and a wolf. He could hide his vampire features or show them when he chose. He could hypnotize Guards and manipulate minds. He could drink blood from NPC's while standing up either behind them or in front of them if they were hypnotized = it was very cool. When he was in his bird or bat form; he would actually fly places! When he made minions; they would follow him and fight for him.

I also had a similar (three mods pieced together) mod for Werewolfism in Oblivion; it was amazing; you could create packs of werewolves to follow you and fight for you!

You’ve really put a lot of thought into this! Very neat!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
ghastley
post Nov 25 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #3780

Councilor
Group Icon

Now that Cat Man Dhou has finished his project, we're looking for the next one.

So I rolled a new character on the PTS to roughly this Alcast spec.

He's an Imperial called Clark of Gweden, and I have him in the Hunding's/spriggan's/Chudan combo, under a Noble suit outfit dyed blue/gold to resemble his Oblivion/SI finery. Lover Mundus, of course, as the build calls for it. He has Stone Giant on his bar, instead of the Power Slam, but has the skill points to enable several other choices.

I only got as far as completing his construction last night, and haven't yet taken him out to see how it works. If he's viable against a few WB's, then he may make it across to live, where it will take a while to build him up.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post

213 Pages V « < 187 188 189 190 191 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
5 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:01 PM