7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morroblivion
Lena Wolf
post Oct 30 2022, 11:54 PM
Post #101

Mouth
Group Icon

We are back in Morrowind. A bit of looking around, best done from above.

I wish it wasn't raining

Where did you leave your guar?

Oh come on, it is only a little weird!

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 31 2022, 12:44 AM
Post #102

Paladin
Group Icon

I'm still liking that Dwemer airship!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 31 2022, 12:46 AM
Post #103

Ancient
Group Icon

The Hindenbrgthgrd is looking pretty good! Just keep it away from New Jersey...

The guar are so darn cute. I modded the game to make them all friendly, so I don't have to fight them.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 23 2023, 01:34 AM
Post #104

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks to several ongoing fan fictions, I am back in Morroblivion once more. This time I am torn between playing two characters. I created them both, and played each a little so far.

White Fell is an albino Nord barbarian type (she's from Minnesota, eh)

Hwarang is a cultured Wood Elf (he's a Korean-American intersex musician and arcane archer from Baltimore)

Both are characters from the Crow-verse, who will be appearing in future episodes of that show. White Fell is a character who has been mentioned a few times in passing. She is a member of the Chicago-based super team The Sentinels. She is basically a werewolf, with super-senses, fighting, claws, regeneration, etc.. Kind of like their version of Wolverine, only much less ornery (she is from the MidWest, so she is very polite, eh.) She will make a more direct appearance in a future book.

She was originally inspired by the villain from the short story The Were-Wolf, by Clemence Housman. It is old, so it is way past copyrights and free to read. It is a good werewolf horror story

Hwarang is a character I have been working on a lot lately, as he appears in the next Stormcrow book. He's a Korean-American intersex man living in Baltimore, and working as a musician. But when darkness falls and evil is afoot, he becomes... Hwarang! One of the legendary Flower Knights of ancient Korea. He is an arcane archer who rides an electric motorcycle. I am sure Buffy will like him. It helps that I am also currently watching the historical K-Drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth as well. The fiction and game character's appearance is inspired by Park Hyung-sik from that show

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 23 2023, 05:44 AM
Post #105

Councilor
Group Icon

Well that's really nice to hear that Clavier & I have influenced your latest gaming decision. cool.gif Hopefully you'll have more of a trouble-free experience this time.

If Hwarang is in Mount Vernon, that's a really good spot for a musician. If he's a classical musician the Meyerhoff Concert Hall's right there, and so is the Lyric and a couple other halls. If he's playing the clubs, you know: rock, electronic, etc, there's lots of little places, some nearby, some father away. He's in walking distance of the Metro and Club Charles and Ottobar. Probably some new clubs I'm not familliar with.

Whoa, albino werewolf. 🐺

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 23 2023, 05:52 AM
Post #106

Ancient
Group Icon

I picked Mount Vernon because it seemed to be a big music spot, as well as a sort of Gay mecca, like Ferndale is here in The D. He's definitely not a classical musician. Though he does play the chello, double-bass, and bass guitar. He's in a small time band, works part-time at a music store, does some recording session work, and gives music lessons. A real gig-economy type person, scraping by to make ends meet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 23 2023, 09:31 PM
Post #107

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesomesauce!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 24 2023, 12:14 AM
Post #108

Paladin
Group Icon

Yep, Buffy likes Arcane Archers (what she calls Mystic Archers). Diablo II and Oblivion supported that play style fabulously. Skyrim and ESO not so much. Not sure at all about Morrowind.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 24 2023, 10:09 PM
Post #109

Ancient
Group Icon

Morroblivion is just the setting of Morrowind, but using the Oblivion game engine. So it plays essentially the same as Oblivion. You are an archer, and can use spells as you like. They do have magic arrows that you can buy, which will do some extra elemental damage and the like. There is a fletcher's shop in Vivec's Foreign Quarter that has a lot of those for sale.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Oct 25 2023, 04:28 PM
Post #110

Paladin
Group Icon

Ah, I see. In Oblivion, Buffy's primary magicks were illusion spells for crowd control. For a bow, she experimented with poison and found it an effective path. Then she tried a short but powerful drain speed enchantment and that was also very effective. Ultimately though, she eschewed both those options and went with some mod tweaking to simply increase the raw damage of her bow and enjoyed that option the most.

As you recall, her destruction abilities were not impressive - suitable for cooking and a few utility tasks. One spell we recall was a very weak but reasonable duration ranged frost spell that she would throw out onto walls or ceilings to provide plenty of light.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Oct 26 2023, 01:25 AM
Post #111

Ancient
Group Icon

I have been going through a lot of those evolutions lately, especially considering the idea of a damage speed enchantment. But in the end I have just settled on the old-fashioned "do a lot of damage and just kill them" approach.

Unfortunately poison is not much of an option in Morroblivion, at least not so far. I have yet to find any ingredients with a Damage Health effect, at least not in the starting area of the Bitter Coast, or at my low level of alchemy. I used to use them to great effect with archers back in the day as well. In Oblivion you could take one walk through the West Weald and come away with enough ingredients for over a hundred Damage Health poisons.

I just took a look through the UESP wiki, and there are no damage health/magicka effects at all in Morrowind. It looks like they had not been invented yet. There are Drain effects, but that is it. I think I will make a mod changing all those to damage.

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Oct 26 2023, 07:07 AM
Post #112

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Oct 25 2023, 07:25 PM) *

Unfortunately poison is not much of an option in Morroblivion, at least not so far. I have yet to find any ingredients with a Damage Health effect, at least not in the starting area of the Bitter Coast, or at my low level of alchemy. I used to use them to great effect with archers back in the day as well. In Oblivion you could take one walk through the West Weald and come away with enough ingredients for over a hundred Damage Health poisons.

I just took a look through the UESP wiki, and there are no damage health/magicka effects at all in Morrowind. It looks like they had not been invented yet. There are Drain effects, but that is it. I think I will make a mod changing all those to damage.

You are right. Damage health ingredients are extremely rare on Vvardenfell. There are only two samples of a single special ingredient named Poison in Morrowind that will damage health. Pretty much useless for making potions. Tribunal adds four useful damage health ingredients but probably not used in Morroblivion.

Spells in Morrowind is a little better. There are 5 spells that can be bought to damage health and one that damages Magicka.

Always thought the lack of damage health in a potion was kind of odd.

This post has been edited by macole: Oct 26 2023, 07:18 AM

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Dec 13 2023, 07:28 PM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

I started having a bunch of CTDs playing Morroblivion a few nights ago. They persisted around a certain area. Any time I tried to go there, the game crashed. So eventually I just gave up and went somewhere else. But they soon started again in the new area.

I tried regenerating the LODs but that did not help.

Then I went inside an already cleared dungeon, and waited for the 3 days +1 hour (I always do the extra hour just to make sure all the exterior cells reset). That seems to have cleared it up, as I have been traveling through the original place it was glitching.

According to the advice I found that suggested trying this, Morroblivion can have a problem with spawns getting corrupted. Waiting 3 days somewhere else to reset the cells clears that up. It looks like it was my problem this time.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 13 2023, 11:31 PM
Post #114

Mouth
Group Icon

Oh, this is a good tip about corrupted spawns! Thanks, SubRosa! I've been having a similar problem in my Morroblivion also, right near Balmora! Very annoying.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 4 2024, 03:05 AM
Post #115

Ancient
Group Icon

I am still playing Morroblivion. I upgraded to version 66 (I had 64 before), and to the Dagger Galore mod, which seems to be how they will be patching it going forward.

I noticed some big differences. A lot of the textures seem to have been replaced. I am not sure if the old ones were from Oblivion, or were original to the mod. I suspect they were from Oblivion, and probably included a lot from Quarl's texture pack, which I have. So I was probably using a lot of Quarls textures for Morroblivion before.

The upshot is that it plays a lot smoother now, and with a lot fewer CTDs. I mean a lot. So maybe the textures were causing those for me.

I also found that the Morrowind Music that came with the download of version 66 was causing CTDs. Whenever I enable it, I get CTDs. When I turn if off, they vanish.

Unfortunately it means a slew of new texture and mesh related bugs. I found several cases of missing textures that came from using old texture replacement mods for Morroblivion. I also found some loose mesh files from a previou versions of Morroblivion (all the meshes and textures are now packed in .bsa files). Or they were from a mod. I am not certain. Once I deleted those, that fixed most of them. I still have a missing texture on one small section of the Dwemer Tubes which I have not been able to fix. That's not from an old texture pack. But at least it is small, so easy to ignore.

I also have a new bug of corpses now often falling through the floor. I tried a new set of meshes were supposed to fix it. But that had no effect. Still, not a big deal though.

Finally I went to Solstheim, and found a bunch of pink trees there. So more missing textures. These I eventually fixed by installing the Morroblivion Tree Replacer mod that is listed as being out of date, having been replaced by Dagger Galore I think. But in this case, the older mod was what I needed.

Aside from working through the bugs, I am still enjoying Morroblivion. I am still exploring Solstheim now, and plan to clear it all out and do its MQ and East Empire quests. I created my current character White Fell just for that. She's an axe-wielding Nord, and in the Stormcrow fic she is a werewolf from Minnesota, eh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Feb 4 2024, 10:47 AM
Post #116

Mouth
Group Icon

I played v66 from the start. The problems you are describing were all addressed in the past year, check the threads on morroblivion.com. I wonder may be your issues are still unsolved because you upgraded from v64 rather than made a fresh install.

BTW, v64 used its own textures, and there is even a mod to bring v64 textures into v66. Note that many paths have changed, so mesh or texture replacers from v64 are likely not to work. Many mods won't work either because form IDs in Morrowind_ob.esm have changed here and there. For example, Solstheim Castle kills silt strider travel, among other things. Use with caution.

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 10 2024, 06:47 PM
Post #117

Ancient
Group Icon

He died for your sins...

White Fell meets a familiar face

Ice to meet you

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Feb 10 2024, 07:26 PM
Post #118

Paladin
Group Icon

Blood Raven (I think) in MOBW!

Hmm, White Fell and Ice - sounds like a couple new supers for the Stormcrow's Alliance.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
macole
post Feb 10 2024, 08:38 PM
Post #119

Mouth
Group Icon

The lighting in the Ice screen makes the ice look nice.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Feb 11 2024, 10:03 PM
Post #120

Councilor
Group Icon

That is SO creepy when NPCs do the crucifix thing. ➕ You get up close to them, only to realize they're no longer with us. indifferent.gif

That's some badass armor Ice is wearing. Huzzah!

--------------------
+Quote Post

7 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:56 PM