3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Blades, Spoil me please!!
McBadgere
post Nov 24 2011, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Are the Blades nerfed in Skyrim...I love the Blades in Oblivion...Couldn't wait to be one of them...But having glanced quickly at the guide book, it sounds like they're a*ses this time...Why would I kill a Dragon that helps me fercryingoutloud?...

So?...Are they cool, good and ace to be one of?..Or are they bad guys?..

Cheers...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Nov 24 2011, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

I may have gotten it wrong, but the dragon isn’t helping me. I mean, it would have eaten me at Helseth, if it knew things then that became clear later.

Rowan has done some Blades-y things, but I don’t know yet about joining. I mean, she’s the Dragonborn. The Blades are there for her.

I'm still in the very beginning of the questline, though. Right now I think Esbern is awesome, but he may do things later that piss me off.

EDIT: Oh, that dragon. Yeah, I'm starting to see another side of things.

This post has been edited by Grits: Dec 6 2011, 04:12 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 17 2011, 04:26 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

I don't think it is a matter of them being the good guys or bad guys - more like the ineffectual guys. There are three of them. You as the player can only pump their numbers up by picking up followers and leaving them with the Blades, then getting another, etc.

Their only two quests are for you to pump their numbers up by procurring followers on your own (the game has not set up any for you to go find in a quest) - and to kill the only good dragon to "get even" with him for something that happened three hundred years ago.

How about I get even with THEM for something they did 200 years ago - failing to protect the Septims? HAH !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 17 2011, 04:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 17 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

*Adopts shocked look*...

You mean...Bethesda completely ar$ed up another faction?...No...

Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs... huh.gif ...

biggrin.gif ...
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Dec 18 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

I just love how after you visit Paarthurnax, they have the audacity to order you around as if suddenly you serve them. And threatening to not support you anymore if you decline. What support? dragging me around Skyrim a couple times for some information I was scripted to obtain? When the Greybeards are the guys actually helping me grow my power? Who do those losers think they are?

I'm probably going to make a mod that makes those two non-essential at that point so that anyone who has an inkling to take the "to Oblivion with you" approach can give those two their just comeuppance.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Dec 18 2011, 09:48 PM

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Fawkes
post Dec 19 2011, 01:14 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

Sided with the Greybeards in this one, Kent is a bandit king, so He knows that the blades are pretty much useless, the Blades have not helped him one single bit, sure some information here and there but he is the one that does everything.

Of course during the treaty the Greybeards pretty much dissed the Blades, when Delphine told me to go kill Paarthurnax, the Greybeards told her that I had already sworn to protect Paarthurnax.

Hmm, side with a Majestic Dragon, or side with the blades who failed to protect..well everything.

Kent's choice was clear tongue.gif

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 19 2011, 04:54 AM
Post #7

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Fawkes @ Dec 18 2011, 07:14 PM) *

Sided with the Greybeards in this one, Kent is a bandit king, so He knows that the blades are pretty much useless, the Blades have not helped him one single bit, sure some information here and there but he is the one that does everything.

Of course during the treaty the Greybeards pretty much dissed the Blades, when Delphine told me to go kill Paarthurnax, the Greybeards told her that I had already sworn to protect Paarthurnax.

Hmm, side with a Majestic Dragon, or side with the blades who failed to protect..well everything.

Kent's choice was clear tongue.gif

That's the way I feel about it. Who do they think they are, there are only three of them! When they were a full army they couldn't protect the Emperor, and left all the dirty work of saving Cyrodiil up to the Player then too! I don't see them as a force that will matter if they swear the Player as an enemy then or now, ROFL !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 19 2011, 06:19 AM
Post #8

Councilor
Group Icon

When Delphine whinged at me about Paarthunax I was like "Well, FUS you b*tch!"... biggrin.gif ...

Shame though...Could have been so beautiful...Could have been so right...

Oooh Tiffany...*Sigh*...
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 19 2011, 06:17 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

Esbern, Delphine, I'm not killing Parthanaax. He's adorable. End of.

And I really don't see how I need to do what you people say when I'm the dragonborn and your entire job is essentially do do as I say. I can shout fire at you, so if I reduce you to tea boys/girls then you'll be damn well happy about it!

So yeah, I sided with the Greybeards. They may not get up to much, but at least they're an overall decent bunch.
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 19 2011, 09:40 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

I wonder what happens if you marry one of the Blades and then turn them down on killing the dragon? Will they divorce you? Try to kill you in your sleep (while giving you Lovers Comfort)?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Dec 19 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

Sorry, double post.

This post has been edited by mALX: Dec 19 2011, 09:43 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Dec 20 2011, 07:06 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

My current reply:

"No. I trust Paarthurnax, and I trust the Greybeards. The dragon is my blood, my kin, and my mentor. Thank you for your current assistance, but I believe this must end our relationship. Try to force the issue, and you will die."

Or something along those lines.

That was what I must do. It is not what I really want to say.

My ideal reply must wait for a mod, an expansion, some DLC, or my own coding. It would go like this:

"You who would call yourselves Blades. You presume to order me to kill an ally, one who has never given me cause to mistrust him, on account of deeds taking place centuries prior, deeds performed under the service of a superior, and when he realized that the path he was taking was improper, and his superior a false pretender claiming more than his proper due, this ally promptly rebelled, and was instrumental in the defeat of our great enemy. Paarthurnax has spent centuries guiding the humans of Tamriel. He has given us the strength and wisdom to see us be the masters of our own destiny. He has overcome the loyalty he once showed his own brother, a loyalty worthy of praise but one corrupted by Alduin, and not the one you would have me kill."

"You who would call yourselves Blades. You presume to order me, an acknowledged Dovahkiin, Dragonborn, who has performed acts in footsteps of my predecessor, Talos, Ysmir the Dragon of the North, the Dragon Emperor Tiber Septim! You were an order sworn to service of the Dragonborn! The last line of emperors was of the Dragon-Blood, and perished under your eyes and your arms! You failed, and when a great doom came to the Empire, you were a casualty of the people's whim and the malice of the Thalmor. Had you proven youselves better, had you proven yourselves worthy of your legacy, I would have ensured your survival. I would have seen to the expansion, strengthening, and return to prominence that your order should inherit. I would have seen a Dragonguard Order of the Imperial Blades restored to what it was in times of old.

"You who would call yourselves BLADES! Your predecessors included Jauffre, Baurus, and the Champion of Cyrodiil, who fought with Martin and witnessed as he became One With Akatosh to drive Mehrunes Dagon from Nirn. Your predecessors included the Nerevarine, who freed the Heart of Lorkhan and cast down the False Gods of the Tribunal. Your predecessors included Rielus, Casnar, Valdemar, and Alain, Knights of the Races of Men who fought, served, and died under the banner of the Dragonborn, Tiber Septim. Your predecessors included he who once resurrected your order, the Chevalier Renald, Vershu, who served the Reman Dynasty of the Dragonborn, survived through the entire tumult that was the Second Era, and helped bring an end to the Interregnum by seeing Talos crowned as Tiber Septim. Do you now call yourselves the Heirs to This Legacy!?!?

"You who would call yourselves, Blades! Titus Mede, Second of his name, gave assent to the edict that saw your order dissolved. He is an emperor who forfeited an entire province, and now fails to develop and the marshal the strength needed to revenge ourselves upon the Aldmeri Dominion. Our land rends itself with civil war, and Titus is unable to cause his citizens to see past their own petty squabbles, and reach for the destiny that is theirs by the gift of the gods. Yet this emperor has little enough by way of family, and no unquestioned heir to claim the throne upon his death. I have the strength of the dragons behind me. I have the loyalty of the people, who know me as one of them, and as the one that would be first to do what is necessary to protect the innocent. I have the blessings, and the gifts of power, given unto me by the Nine Divines. And when history repeats itself, for history must repeat itself, it will hearken the memories of our people and the memories of the Thalmor to the conquests of Tiber Septim, not to the strife and success the Dominion knew during the Great War.

"You who would call yourselves Blades. I would have seen you behind me, I would have seen you returned to the great legacy of your forebears, I would have seen you do your duty and your honor, to place a Dragonborn on the Ruby Throne and rule Tamriel as Emperor. Yet in this you betray my trust and my willingness to receive you for a worthiness you throw to the winds. You presume to order me. I refuse to be ordered. You would threaten to shun me and denounce me. I do not require you as an absolute necessity to my plans. Your words of denouncement would carry little if any weight, and some may yet remember your failures and your great fall, and consider me the better for having rejected this thing you ask of me. If you wish to be known as you once were, you have one path to follow, I path that I alone will see blazed into the records of history.

"You now have a choice. I give this to you, that you may fully understand, and be free to choose the path that most embraces your conscious and your morals. You may walk away, alone and ejected from the Order of the Blades, or together, and take the last vestiges of your order with you to your eventual graves. This I shall not begrudge you, should it be your true and willful choice. You may choose to oppose me, in word or in deed, openly or hidden in the shadows, to weaken my support, frustrate my plans, and harm me as you are able. Do so, openly or under the pretenses of peace, amity, or indifference, and I shall hunt you down as surely as if you were an ally of Alduin. This I promise, and my words carry with them the very force of nature. Or, you may declare yourselves for me, serve me as your forebears served the previous dynasties of the Dragon Emperors, become the pillar of strength and wisdom that I can rely upon in all things, and I swear, on my Voice, on my name and on my soul, to never abandon you, to heed your reasonable advice, to place my trust where it is earned, and to see you restored to that which is your inheritance as Blades!

"I do not intend to be one that operates under self-delusions of grandeur. I cannot afford such. But the more Tamriel sees me as the rightful heir to the legacies of Alessia and Morihaus, Reman Cyrodiil and his Dynasty, and the Septim lineage of great Tiber, the closer we come to our objective. Help me, aid me, see me enthroned in the Imperial City. Assist me as I mend the wounds that tore fair Skyrim asunder. Help me see the Sons and Daughters of Yokuda returned to their cousins in the Empire. Let us prevent any further predations of the thrice-cursed Thalmor upon us, and see justice done across Tamriel. Help me show the people of Tamriel why the Empire of the Dragonborn is worthy of their loyalty. I give you three days to consider this. Consider well. At that time I shall return, and we shall have reached that last point. If any do not intend to this enterprise, you should say so. An hour more, and it will be too late to turn back. Once committed, I intend to see us through. Think it over — all of you. If any one wishes to withdraw you will be gladly excused, for others are ready to take your place."

This post has been edited by Captain Hammer: Jan 15 2013, 04:28 AM

--------------------
My fists are not the Hammer!
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

Awtwyr Draghoyn: The FanFic; The FanArt.
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 20 2011, 02:16 PM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I take it you didn't take that request too well, Cap...
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Dec 20 2011, 03:20 PM
Post #14

Knower
Group Icon

It was either give them a custom 'The Reason You Suck' speech, or the much shorter and hot-headed reply of "Yol Toor Shul!" I would try diplomacy.

--------------------
100% Tamriel Department of Awesomeness (TDA) Certified Grade-A Dragonborn. Do not use before 11/11/11. Product of Tamriel.

+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Dec 20 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 20 2011, 02:20 PM) *
hot-headed reply of "Yol Toor Shul!".

I see what you did there...

Personally I'd set them on fire, but that's just my usual response to most of life's problems. Come to think of it, I'd be an awful dragonborn...
+Quote Post
McBadgere
post Dec 21 2011, 05:38 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 20 2011, 06:06 AM) *

My current beautiful and truly awe inspiring reply:.......

blink.gif ...

Wow...

I mean...Yeah...I said that to them, but I didn't have time to type it...Y'know?...Pshaw...

(Awesome write btw)...
+Quote Post
Black Hand
post Dec 21 2011, 06:11 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

o.O Jeebus Cap'n! I'd throw down with you after that speech.
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Dec 21 2011, 06:44 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

Colonel, McBadgere, my thanks.

Black Hand: Define "throw down with me." 'Cuz I don't think I could survive any application of Sethyas Velas to the back of the neck, no matter how many dragon souls I've consumed.

OTOH, if Seth wants to see about renewing his good standing as a Blade, I'm sure we could expedite the paperwork. Got a copy of a form here signed by some fellow named Constans Atrius dating back to the late part of the Third Era...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Dec 21 2011, 09:04 PM
Post #19

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Captain Hammer @ Dec 19 2011, 10:06 PM) *

"I do not intend to be one that operates under self-delusions of grandeur."

But Tamriel needs to view me as its rightful ruler. I control the forces of nature with an alacrity that makes Kynareth jealous, and I could kill you all by raising my voice. So just shut up, sit up straight, brush your teeth, and help me get my F***ing throne f’Oblivion’s sake! bigsmile.gif

This made my day Cappy. Thanks.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Captain Hammer
post Dec 22 2011, 02:12 AM
Post #20

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Dec 21 2011, 03:04 PM) *

But Tamriel needs to view me as its rightful ruler. I control the forces of nature with an alacrity that makes Kynareth jealous, and I could kill you all by raising my voice. So just shut up, sit up straight, brush your teeth, and help me get my F***ing throne f’Oblivion’s sake! bigsmile.gif

This made my day Cappy. Thanks.

Hey, it ain't delusion if it's true! Glad you enjoyed it, though I'm a little taken aback that you weren't expecting this.

I have been forthright and adamant about what I want in a Skyrim Expansion!

Oh, and Destri? Your skillful serve has finally been returned. Your move. laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 PM