Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Roy the Ghoul, possible spoiler alert!
Badda-Tish
post Jan 5 2009, 08:59 PM
Post #1

Agent

----------POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!---------

When I let all those ghouls inside Tenpenny's tower, do I recive something from Roy? (Or just his bad temperement and that cool ghoul mask).

I also notices that Tenpenny is gone when the attack is over. Did he die or did he just escape?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jan 5 2009, 09:01 PM
Post #2

Wizard
Group Icon

The mask is basically what you get.

And if you speak to Roy after Tenpenny is gone, you'll find out what happened to him smile.gif

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Jan 5 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #3

Agent

it´s kinda fun to kill Tenpenny before any of the ghoul stuff, because you get good karma and he has a sniper. (I guess he shoots people just for fun up there because he is always bored). happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Jan 5 2009, 11:44 PM
Post #4

Mage
Group Icon

Also, if you kill him yourself with a headshot, that counts for counts for the "You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head" quest, should you have it. If you don't... well, you might get lucky and have it count retroactively.

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
Badda-Tish
post Jan 9 2009, 11:53 PM
Post #5

Agent

QUOTE(Alexander @ Jan 5 2009, 09:01 PM) *

And if you speak to Roy after Tenpenny is gone, you'll find out what happened to him smile.gif

please tell me what Roy says, I can´t get it out of him. And I noticed I was attacked by hitmans later this day and one of them had a note were it said that Mr. Tenpenny were mispleased with me (something like that).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 10 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #6

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Those guys were hired before the ghouls killed tenpenny, that guy is dead. smile.gif

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
Alexander
post Jan 10 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #7

Wizard
Group Icon

QUOTE(Badda-Tish @ Jan 9 2009, 11:53 PM) *

QUOTE(Alexander @ Jan 5 2009, 09:01 PM) *

please tell me what Roy says, I can´t get it out of him. And I noticed I was attacked by hitmans later this day and one of them had a note were it said that Mr. Tenpenny were mispleased with me (something like that).

"I'm afraid Tenpenny and I had little disagreement. Not to worry though. He soon had a little "accident." Problem solved."

--------------------
All that is needed for evil to triumph, is that good men stand idle.
+Quote Post
Blackdemon
post Apr 24 2009, 04:23 PM
Post #8

Retainer

Just for fun : The quest is bugged. If you choose to kill Roy Phillips and then get back to tenpennytoer and open the gate to the sewers in the confinment area you get a message from Roy to meet him at the main door.
Then go to the main door and you find his dead body (well, dead body of a ghoul ?) and the feral ghouls attack tenpenny tower for some reason.
Doing so you get a lot of bad karma from Roy Philips ( for killing him AND for allowing the ghouls in the tower) and miserably break the quest because you can't report to tenpenny guard.

There is no special reward for killing Tenpenny yourself. Mr whatsisname in underworld is only interested in the keys.
At this level the sniper rifle is a poor reward. Well, at any level the sniper rifle is a poor reward. In addition to the price of the ammo, each shot lowers the value of the rifle of 5 caps and it is very expensive to repair. you do better with a hunting rifle.
For the mask it is even more useless. The game is about killing feral ghouls, not befriend them, or I really missed something
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 01:04 PM