Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

85 Pages V « < 83 84 85  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today in Skyrim..., Epic battles, mudcrab sightings, anything but spoilers. What did your
monkeyemoness
post Sep 17 2017, 01:57 AM
Post #1681

Knower
Group Icon

tbh if Glover Mallory was a marriage candidate, I'd marry him on this character

Anyways, The Book of Love is kind of bad and even though the game's been out for nearly six years, I don't want to spoil why. Let's just say "fickle", "deceitful", and "dead" aren't very positive forms of love.

I guess religion in Skyrim really is bad.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Sep 24 2017, 06:24 PM
Post #1682

Knower
Group Icon

So a bit of a warning: negativity ahead.

That aside, and on a more positive note, I DID notice that the game tries to tie everything together, DLC content included, with the series theme of "Stasis vs Change", specifically whether to keep up old traditions or discard them and try something new.

I really do wonder what the game would be like if they spent more time on it. This being Bethesda, it would most likely still be infuriating, but still.

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Sep 24 2017, 06:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 24 2017, 07:37 PM
Post #1683

Councilor
Group Icon

I still have never completed the main quest in Skyrim. The farthest I have gotten is finding out Delphine is a Blade and going to kill the second dragon Sakhalin (or whatever its name is). I just cannot stay interested in it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Yesterday, 12:10 PM
Post #1684

Master
Group Icon

In Lucius Caro's game I made it to the point where he was asked to get both Tullius and Ulfric to High Hrothgar for negotiatons but that's when I lost interest in the MQ for good.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Post #1685

Master
Group Icon

Thankfully, one of the reasons I love TES is that you can ignore a HUGE portion of what the game has to offer and still have fun and find so much to do

Yes indeed.

In my case, I've never been able to get very far into the MQ on Xbox, but this was mostly because I'm still a table-gamer at heart. Dragons in these games (DnD, Advanced Melee, etc.) are actually rare. They don't show up every 3 days or whatever the Skyrim vanilla counter uses. They are rare in the tablegames, meaning that when one actually showed up via dice rolls, it would be a rather special experience. Having dragons flying around pretty much everywhere, at any time quickly got old.

But I think I'll do okay on PC, where we can make the random draggies not show up nearly as often. I think I've got a mod which gives something like a 5% chance every 60 days or something such. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Yesterday, 01:32 PM
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Post #1686

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Sep 24 2017, 01:24 PM) *

Thankfully, one of the reasons I love TES is that you can ignore a HUGE portion of what the game has to offer and still have fun and find so much to do.

That seems to be the way I play the game. The MQ is an optional way to play for those who need a script for it. All the rest of us just wander around and do whatever comes up.

This weekend I took Rincewind and Conina for a walk around parts of the map they hadn't explored before and just did whatever anyone asked them to help with. Or took the fight to anyone who offered one, like that belligerent mage outside Fort Amol when they passed by. It's not very Rincewind to fight, rather than run away, but the game doesn't let Conina make those decisions for him, so I have to.

I also played a bit more of Cohen the Barbarian and his Temple Dancer companion, Fuzz. In that game, he's definitely doing whatever he wants, and she's just tagging along. They're currently waiting for a letter from Falk Firebeard to continue the Potema incident, but he's slow to raise levels. I gave him max stats for weapon skills at the expense of low health and stamina, and no magika (so no spells). That means he can't get levels from using his weapons, only from smithing, sneaking, trading, alchemy and enchanting and a miniscule amount from light armour.

He's just reached level 10 after 18 hours of play, and that didn't trigger a courier. I think he needs a level up after level 10 (i.e. becoming 11) to do so. 10 starts the quest, and then the next one sends the letter.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post Yesterday, 04:59 PM
Post #1687

Agent

I find it interesting how relatively large a portion of the player base never finishes the main quest of a TES game, or at least takes a long time getting around to it. Personally, it's one of if not the first questlines I do in a TES game.

There are actually a bunch of faction quests I haven't done in the games, though. For Skyrim, I've never finished the Dark Brotherhood or Thieves Guild questlines. Barely done any of those at all, actually.

--------------------
"I so do love mortal fantasy. I'll play along: what will you give me for the soul of Prince A'Tor?"
"I'll spell your name right on your tombstone." -Cyrus facing Nafaalilargus, The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Post #1688

Paladin
Group Icon

I liked Skyrim very much but found it the worst offender regarding questlines the Buffy balked on. Despite 4000 hours in Skyrim, she never completed the MQ, Civil War, DB, TG or the Dragonborn DLC. She happily enjoyed all the misc quests, wonderful dungeons, Companions, College and Dawnguard.

--------------------
Screenshot for September: Shoot straight and ride a fast horse.
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Post #1689

Master
Group Icon

My first character in each game might well do everything, starting with the MQ, but the rest don't. That char is usually also default race and uses a built-in class. So Dunmer in Morrowind, Imperial in Oblivion, Nord in Skyrim. All male by default.

I may be non-typical, as after that first play-through, I'm creating my own mods, and the subsequent characters are testing them, but after that, I'm still creating ones that "just wanna have fun!" They may be of custom race (Dremora, Smurf, whatever Diablita is) as well. In Daggerfall, I couldn't play an Orc, so I did.

Or I may adjust them off the usual scales. Genghiz Cohen is a good example. He's a Nord, but he's ancient, feeble, and insanely skilled. You don't get to be a Barbarian of his age without being very hard to kill. So he started with 50 Health, 50 Stamina, zero Magicka, together with 100 in each of the weapon skills, and all the (useful) perks. Buffy will see a fellow glass cannon in Cohen the Barbarian.

Half the fun is trying out those oddball builds, and in a game where the MQ isn't everything, it's more fun, because you can pick your path and challenges to suit the character. A fixed route railroads your choices, too.

--------------------
Mods for Oblivion and now Daggerfall and Skyrim. Fan fiction, too.
+Quote Post

85 Pages V « < 83 84 85
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th September 2017 - 06:42 AM