Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
> To Heir is Human III, Playground 1
LadySaira
post May 4 2008, 06:03 AM
Post #61

Retainer

Chorrol, The Oak and (drat... whats the rest of the name...)
Her head tilted at the Imperial sitting next to her. He had been shifting, seat by seat, closer to her for the majority of the last two hours, and now he was finally sitting beside her. "Is therrre something you want?" She asked, purposefully stuttering her r's in the way the furless found so amusing. Sometimes, she berated herself for not using a drunken slur instead. It had the warrented the proper effect, though, the Imperial looked far more interested. Hours later, she left him with nothing but the clothes on his back and a number of empty mugs, she, herself, heading to the gates to go for a walk in the woods. Getting out of the smell of these... cities... is a joy in itself. She murmured quietly to herself as she approached the gate, to come upon a scene of guards, an enraged nord, by the look of him, and a dunmer. Her fur rose on the back of her neck, but she still smiled prefunctionally, inclining her head.

This post has been edited by LadySaira: May 4 2008, 06:39 AM

--------------------
Archery is like the forest, for those who can be quiet.

Come and laugh
Go and cry
Just never think
to say goodbye.

~Me!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post May 4 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #62

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Council Chambers

Dalrus listened and listened, though the councilor from Elswyr contined to ramble about regulation and control of standard trade ship hulls. Why did it matter what hull they used? If they got the goods faster wasn't that a better thing? But of course Elswyr did not have good ships so they wanted to standardize all the provincial ships so those of Skyrim would not always dominate the ship trade. Why did the councilors always try to hide their self-serving interests inside eloquently prepared and obviously rehearsed speeches? Of course Dalrus did this too, but she usually came out with what she wanted to say within a few minutes, not like these politicians who liked to ramble. Dalrus continued to sketch down notes amid a quagmire of tiny drawings, usually cartoons of some of the councilors. She looked over at Altair and he was wearing the same fake expression of mock-interest she was. He gave her a wink and looked back at the councilor from Elswyr. Dalrus's mind continued to wander and then she looked over at the chair Agrippa usually sat in. I forgot, every third meeting he likes to miss because he believes the council will think he is doing something important she thought humorously.

Finally after about another hour in which only the issue was that there was an increasing amount of litter on the Gold Road, the meeting ended. Dalrus waved to Voltar and Altair and gave the counciloress from Hammerfell a quick hug, they had been friends since they both lived in the Imperial City in their youth. Dalrus was the first to leave the meeting, she hoped their plan of a Triumvirate would come to fruition but let it pass and thought of happier things. Now where'd Rann go?
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 4 2008, 05:03 PM
Post #63

Knower
Group Icon

Dan, near the Chorrol gates

The scene had become frantic after several strangers intervened and helped the outnumbered Redguard. Dan chose to simply keep his distance from the struggle and silently watch how events unfolded, choosing wheter to act or not. Since the two strangers were skilled, they quickly overpowered the guards, leaving Dan the simple task of contemplating the events. Since he had no tongue, he could accomplish that task with phenomenal silence, something which many people found unnerving.

The scene took yet another odd turn when a boisterous Dark Elf who had drunk too much spell-cooled mead swaggered in the middle of things, loudly asking the guards to open the gates. An Argonian soon appeared and things took a predictable turn, with the two having a scuffle.

Dan had seen many of these racist scuffles, brawls and arguments in his career as a mercenary so he simply turned aside and waited for things to calm down.

As soon as I can buy that barley and those nails I've been needing to fix the roof, I'll get as far from Chorrol as I can. This place has gotten too crowded for my taste in the last days, Dan reflected as he sat on a nearby rock, waiting for someone to actually open the damned gates. Things were quieter during the war...if a lot more bloody. But I shouldn't complain. Mute men hold no tales, after all.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
ucandelicious
post May 4 2008, 08:02 PM
Post #64

Retainer

Sorin, very angry

Baffled at the argonian's remarks, Sorin leaned forward; laying much pressure on his neck than entyhing as he switched to having one icy hand on his neck. Taking a knee, he held Flen down with one icy hand enveloping his throat, and raised his free hand, forming a fine-looking blade.

'Its like... i do and i dont hate argonians....he he he....' he sickly cackled. Looking at Flen's eyes, Sorin made a face like he had shivered fora few seconds. And then he stood up to release him.

'Whaa... who... whats going on?' Sorin grumbled. 'Ah! What the hell is all this ice doing on me?' He screamed, trying to shake off the ice. Noting the Downed argonian, he imediately rushed to his aid.

'Are you ok!? Uhh... dont move, ill get this ice off you!' He jibbered, drawing his daedric katana. Slicing through the ice like butter, he dropped his sword to pick up the downed argonian. Grabbing his shirt, he shook him some-what violently to wake him up. wonder why my mouth tastes like throw-up he thought as he continued to shake the argonian up.

--------------------
Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 4 2008, 08:25 PM
Post #65

Master
Group Icon

Goblin Jim's Cave, near Skingrad

There was an unfamiliar scent in the den, it had the goblins on edge. After spending a long time in this place, Goblin Jim himself had developed an awareness of the caverns that normal people just didn't have. Something was amiss here.....

Suddenly, a much more disturbing scent became apparent, fresh blood. The goblins scattered throughout the caverns in search of the scent. Jim sat beside a small fire, content with the knowledge that whatever had disturbed this place would be found soon.
Minutes passed, but he distracted himself with some roasted rat meat. In an instant the fire exploded outward as something landed in it. Jim smelled burning goblin flesh, and the odor from earlier was much more powerful.

His vision gradually recovered from the explosion and he saw the goblin shaman's corpse in the smoldering fire circle. A slight motion in his periphery made him spin, unsheathing his shortsword. He found himself staring at the breastplate of a hulking creature.
The intruder was almost twice as tall as him and had a serpantine neck and head. Its head was covered with a mask-helmet of some sort, making its features impossible to see. It growled, a deep warbling rumble, threateningly.

The scent of goblins was all over its armor, and Jim knew all his friends here were all dead. He stayed still, staring where he guessed the being's eyes were. Finally, he attempted to speak. "Wha-"

His question was cut off promptly as the creature grasped his throat with one three-fingered hand. Goblin Jim couldn't managed a gargle, the being's grip was too powerful for any sound to escape his throat. As if he wieghed no more than a twig, the being lifted him off the floor and it held him level with its head.
In one powerful motion, the being threw the human over the edge of his platuea. Jim managed a brief gasp for his burning lungs before striking the floor below. Death took him without hesitation.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 4 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #66

Master
Group Icon

Flogir

Flogir stood up and stretched out his aging muscles after the lengthy council meeting was adjourned. His mood was not in a good one as the man he reluctantly wanted to speak to had not arrived. Agrippa supposedly had better things to do.

"Probably sit around in his office, admiring the picture of himself..." Flogir muttered. A councilor turned around with an inquiring look to the Home Guard General but Flogir waved him away by passing it off as talking to himself.

He bid the rest of the council good day and left the Council Chambers shortly after Dalrus left. He was hoping he wouldn't have to do this this way, but with Agrippa being a no-show for the meeting, Flogir was forced to meet the Agrippa on his terms. He made his way to Agrippa's office and asked the two hulking guards standing outside to let him see their commander.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 5 2008, 04:09 AM
Post #67

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

Rann had killed most of his free time at the Feed Bag. It was exactly as he remembered it from before the Akaviri Invasion; cheap and bland, but filling. Now, though, he sat on a bench in the Elven Gardens munching on his final piece of bread, still wondering what his long term plan was. His ideas ended with meeting up with Dalrus and Flogir.

That thought reminded him that the council meeting would likely be over by now. He tossed the rest of his bread to the birds and started walking back towards the Council Chambers. On his arrival, he saw the councilors exiting the building, and soon spotted Dalrus as well.

He waved to get her attention, as he didn't want to interrupt whatever important work it was that councilors did.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
GunsnArmor
post May 5 2008, 05:45 AM
Post #68

Agent

Flen the Long-Foot Fisher

Confused, suspicious and too drained (at the moment) to do anything dumb and irrational (like cutting his or someone else's throat), he just gave him a look that said "I really hate you right now". He could push him again, but it didn't seem to go too well last time. "It would be wise to not do it again...." he spoke darkly, and he really did mean it. He would let it slip this time, but if he gets pushed too far there will be blood to pay (though he wouldn't be foolish enough to go at him immediately. He doesn't even know his weakness yet, if he has one.) He tried to put these thoughts aside for the moment, and decided to focus on the first problem. "Do they want me to climb over?" he sarcasticaly asked himself. "This day is odd....I need a drink....need to think things over."

--------------------
I'm bored again.
+Quote Post
Lord Revan
post May 5 2008, 09:54 PM
Post #69

Master
Group Icon

Issac

He guided the horses from the small stable to the front of the homestead. Issac mounted his chestnut horse with care, and lead the way to the road to Chorrol. We might not be able to ride like this in a while. He realized.

The Altmer had on hand on the reins of his horse and the other gripping his staff which gleamed in the sunlight. "Let's get moving, Satyana, before the normal parade of clients and issues reaches the Countess."
+Quote Post
Florodine of Hlaalu
post May 6 2008, 02:51 AM
Post #70

Knower
Group Icon

Dalrus, Tower

Dalrus looked around and saw Rann waving to her. gods he's hot she thought to herself. She pulled the band that kept her hair in the pony tail off and whipped her hair out of her face. She sprinted over to Rann and gave him a leaping hug, so he was holding her up. "It was so boring! But it's over," she laughed. When she was finally on the ground again she looked up at Rann's face. "So where do you want to go first?" she said excitedly.

General Agrippa, Legion Section

Another visitor? I better act natural he thought to himself. He grabbed a bunch of maps and old papers and threw them pell-mell over his desk. He always found it looked more important if he had a copious amount of paper work on his desk. Though he kept the little gold plack that stated his position out on the clear part of his desk.

"Who is it?," he said in his well practiced drawl.
+Quote Post
The Metal Mallet
post May 6 2008, 04:21 AM
Post #71

Master
Group Icon

Flogir, Legion Quarters

"It's General Flogir of the Home Guard. We've got business to attend to," Flogir answered flatly through the closed door. The tedious meeting had relieved the General of all his patience.

--------------------
I am currently a Writer in The Order of Schola.
Official Fan Fiction Forum "Commentasaurus"

"This body, holding me makes me feel eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Parabola (Tool)
"This here ain't called boasting, it's called truthin' " - Mango Kid (Danko Jones)
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post May 6 2008, 04:41 AM
Post #72

Councilor
Group Icon

Rann

"What about the Arboretum?" he asked, "I heard that most everything has grown back."

He took her hand and they walked in that direction. It was mid-afternoon and the sun, though getting lower now, sat high in the sky. Most of the plants in the Arboretum had indeed recovered, but a few of the trees were disfigured from the battle that took place a year before. If Rann had been paying much attention to the trees, he would've thought that they only added to the majesty of the rebuilt city.

"So what's happened while I was gone?" he asked, giving Dalrus a playful nudge.

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
Tellie
post May 6 2008, 09:29 AM
Post #73

Mouth
Group Icon

Haldin, James, Archades, outside of Chorrol.

Haldin and Archades both gave a long suffering sigh from where they were mounted on their horses as they tried to block out the steady stream of boastful tales coming from their last companion. James had fortunately mellowed out somewhat after the war, but he was still an insufferable sarcastic git sometimes, and after three hours of constant prattling about contupers and football or some such nonsense Haldin had enough.

"James, kindly take a biscuit then shut the hell up", he said tiredly as he handed over some of his homemade biscuits, and fortunately James stopped talking and went on to eat as many as fast as possible, beside him Archades sighed in relief.

"So Haldin, might I ask why we are going to Chorrol, we have no evidence at all that your dissappeared aunt is anywhere near here", Archades said as he studied Haldin.

Haldin simply raised an eyebrow at the venerable mage. "Who ever said that we came here looking for Salina, no I simply wanted to return to Cyrodiil a bit, and Chorrol is the closest city from the direction we have been travelling, besides we need a place to stay and Chorrol is a good a place as any, an no Aylied ruins do not make good resting places, they are usually filled with bandits and other undead if you remember".

"Fine", Archades said with a sigh. "I cant help it that I find Aylied ruins fascinating".

In silence they rode a little further, and then they could see a huge group staqnding outside the gate for some reason, though with the way guards acted these days they were not really surprised.

"Look it's the old goat", James said suddenly as he stared over the group of people, and true enough standing a reasonable distance away from the maingroup stood an old Nord whom neither Haldin nor James had seen in over a year, and before Haldin or Archades could offer a warning James shot forward on his horse.

"Always on the move", Archades mumbled dejectedly as both he and Haldin spurred their horses onwards as well.

"Ello you old man", James said jovially as he jumped from the saddle and landed before Dan. "You owe me a bottle of Flin now that the war is over remember?" he said with a grin.

"I apologise for his behavior Dan, it has been some time since we last met", Haldin said with a nod as he dismounted. Allow me to introduce our final traveling companion Archades Dupious", he said as he gestured to the white haired Altmer.

This post has been edited by Tellie: May 6 2008, 09:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 6 2008, 06:27 PM
Post #74

Knower
Group Icon

Dan, outside Chorrol

While Dan stood and watched on, he heard some voices calling in his direction. At first he sighed, thinking some more ignorant foreigners had come to Chorrol to gape at the closed gates and the dazed guards, but as he lazily turned his head in the direction of the newcomers, his face lit up.

In front stood two men that Dan thought to be dead: Haldin and James. Haldin was the Dunmer warrior that had intervened in Dan's first clash with the Akaviri champion, riding bravely through the enemy ranks so as to reach the breach in the walls, and James was a misfit who had saved Dan's life twice, and who had almost died fighting the alien beast after dealing the creature a terrible blow with his odd dirks.

Dan felt quite pleased and surprised to see the two standing before him, along with a mage who he did not know. If he had a tongue he would have shouted out proclaiming his joy and surprise but since he didn't, he simply rose and smiled, after a faint attempt at chuckling. Without a tongue, his mouth only made an unnerving gurgling sound. He still abandoned his stiff politeness, however, hugging both James and Haldin at once with his sturdy arms.

"It is truly wonderful to see you both here, my friends! Truly, true companions come unlooked for, as you two did during the siege, all those months ago. It was only a year, but already it seems like we have been parted for ages. How great it is to be reunited once more!" Dan said with a hearty telepathic tone. He then turned to James, smiling even more.

"And I remember my promise, you mischievous imp. Let it never be said that Dan does not hold his word! As soon as we enter the city, I'll buy you the finest flin this city has to offer and it there is none, I'll take you all the way to Morrowind to find some." Dan said, smiling as he did. "But then you'd have to pay for the drinks since I'm not that rich."

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
LadySaira
post May 6 2008, 08:38 PM
Post #75

Retainer

Saira, Chorrol Gates

Moving back like an autumn breeze into the trees, she watched a... touching, if quiet, reunion. The gate had yet to open, the nord and other combatants stilldoing whatever they were doing, while the guards stood about in thier daze. She smiled, Someone one-upped the guards for once.

--------------------
Archery is like the forest, for those who can be quiet.

Come and laugh
Go and cry
Just never think
to say goodbye.

~Me!
+Quote Post
GunsnArmor
post May 6 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #76

Agent

Flen the Long-Foot Fisher

Flen picked up the deer skin he had previously dropped and immediatly slid through the opening gates when it the gap was wide enough for his slim body to fit. "This is my last shipment" he said to the owner of the tavern as he walked in.

"What do you mean?" the owner asked in surprise.

"I'm done. I have no home. I need real pay." He replied as he threw the skins ontop a stack of crates.

"Where will you go?!" he asked, annoyed the argonian is doing this at short notice.

Flen left the tavern without saying anything else. "I don't know..."

--------------------
I'm bored again.
+Quote Post
Tellie
post May 6 2008, 09:31 PM
Post #77

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Agent Griff @ May 6 2008, 07:27 PM) *

Dan, outside Chorrol

While Dan stood and watched on, he heard some voices calling in his direction. At first he sighed, thinking some more ignorant foreigners had come to Chorrol to gape at the closed gates and the dazed guards, but as he lazily turned his head in the direction of the newcomers, his face lit up.

In front stood two men that Dan thought to be dead: Haldin and James. Haldin was the Dunmer warrior that had intervened in Dan's first clash with the Akaviri champion, riding bravely through the enemy ranks so as to reach the breach in the walls, and James was a misfit who had saved Dan's life twice, and who had almost died fighting the alien beast after dealing the creature a terrible blow with his odd dirks.

Dan felt quite pleased and surprised to see the two standing before him, along with a mage who he did not know. If he had a tongue he would have shouted out proclaiming his joy and surprise but since he didn't, he simply rose and smiled, after a faint attempt at chuckling. Without a tongue, his mouth only made an unnerving gurgling sound. He still abandoned his stiff politeness, however, hugging both James and Haldin at once with his sturdy arms.

"It is truly wonderful to see you both here, my friends! Truly, true companions come unlooked for, as you two did during the siege, all those months ago. It was only a year, but already it seems like we have been parted for ages. How great it is to be reunited once more!" Dan said with a hearty telepathic tone. He then turned to James, smiling even more.

"And I remember my promise, you mischievous imp. Let it never be said that Dan does not hold his word! As soon as we enter the city, I'll buy you the finest flin this city has to offer and it there is none, I'll take you all the way to Morrowind to find some." Dan said, smiling as he did. "But then you'd have to pay for the drinks since I'm not that rich."

James, Haldin, Archades, outside Chorrol gate

James laughed. "Thats good to hear old man, but I'm afraid that Haldin here will have to buy us drinks, for some strange reason I'm not allowed to have any money for my personal use, strange is it not?" he said as he glared balefully at Haldin who simply raised an eyebrow.

"That may have to do with the fact that Archades and I sent you into town with all of our money to buys suplies and what do we get? oh yes I remember now, you bought yourself a whole new wardrobe which you have yet to use by the way, one big cag of ale before getting absolutely sloshed at the tavern", he snapped sarcastically at James who pouted.

"Yes well...don't listen to him Dan, we know better right?" he said with a grin as he popped the cork of a bottle of brandy before taking a heavy gulp.

This post has been edited by Tellie: May 6 2008, 09:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Agent Griff
post May 8 2008, 08:13 AM
Post #78

Knower
Group Icon

Dan

Dan would have laughed but he was nonetheless glad that his friends had not changed. Well, the friends that he had met so far. He hadn't seen many of the people he had known during the war for quite some time. Thankfully, Haldin and James were the same.

"And I am honoured to meet you also, master Archades. It is long since my eyes have set upon a spell-weaver such as yourself." Dan said with a nod towards the wizard. "So, what brings you to Chorrol? Such an odd lot as yourselves travelling together, now that's sure to attract attention."

Hopefully not unwanted attention, Dan thought to himself.

--------------------
IPB Image

I approve of this mod.
+Quote Post
ucandelicious
post May 8 2008, 04:25 PM
Post #79

Retainer

Sorin, tailing Flen

Confused of the current events, sorin thought to him self 'This is the third day I've zoned out. Looking towards the sky, he shifted his attention his sword.

He came to a slight jog as he picked his sword off the floor as he tailed the argonian. 'Think I owe him an apology.... and maybe a drink...because I sure as hell need one..' He said.

Looking for the argoinian, he caught the fellow trudging from a tavern. 'Hey! You feelin alright? How bout a drink? Hear this tavern has some great wine and some finely roasted deer meat!' he exclamed.

'Im really sorry, I didn't meen to come close with my sword, I was just tryin' ta help ya with the ice you had on your self' he explained. 'This isn't the first time I've dozed off into problems...this happens alot;' he said sadly, but happly followed up, saying 'But hey! At least im gaining valuable knowlage and experincing the life out of the jeril mountains!'

--------------------
Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.
+Quote Post
GunsnArmor
post May 10 2008, 05:45 PM
Post #80

Agent

Flen

It was just one thing after the other for this argonian. Now the dunmer was apologizing? He was acting innocent, as if his previous actions had never happened. Flen saw it as a sick joke, as if he was laughing at him. His expression soon turned from confused to furious. His knuckles cracked from the fierce grip of his fist.

--------------------
I'm bored again.
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 05:14 AM