Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

706 Pages V « < 687 688 689 690 691 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Coffee Shop Forever, It's time to kick bottom and drink coffee!
Arcry
post Sep 8 2020, 05:46 AM
Post #13761

Agent

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 7 2020, 09:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 7 2020, 09:43 AM) *

Though I'd REALLY like to get the kit together to make Mead.

I like mead, and I’ve tried my hand at making it a couple of times. I’ll just stick to buying it, lol.

I would. But the best mead I've ever had, Dansk Mjod's Viking Blod, is no longer allowed in our state. Chaucer's is pretty good but meh. And some of these meads sound reeally good
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 8 2020, 05:57 AM
Post #13762

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 7 2020, 10:09 PM) *

I like mead, and I’ve tried my hand at making it a couple of times. I’ll just stick to buying it, lol.

Lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2020, 06:06 AM
Post #13763

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 7 2020, 11:46 PM) *

I would. But the best mead I've ever had, Dansk Mjod's Viking Blod, is no longer allowed in our state. Chaucer's is pretty good but meh. And some of these meads sound reeally good

I’ve had Chaucer’s. I figure it’s pretty basic. Late last year I discovered that there is a meadery about 2 hours from where I live, so my girlfriend and I went there on Valentine’s Day. Had a tasting, and bought a basic dry and a special spiced variety that we won’t open till Winter.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
Arcry
post Sep 8 2020, 11:18 AM
Post #13764

Agent

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 8 2020, 12:06 AM) *

I’ve had Chaucer’s. I figure it’s pretty basic. Late last year I discovered that there is a meadery about 2 hours from where I live, so my girlfriend and I went there on Valentine’s Day. Had a tasting, and bought a basic dry and a special spiced variety that we won’t open till Winter.

Being honest, the mead I really wanna make in this book is the Juniper Berry Mead:

2 tbsp of crushed Juniper Berries
2 tsp of dried Yarrow
1 tbsp of dried Hibiscus flowers.

I'd just need to get the Honey, a carboy jug, and a brewing airlock to really get it going. Plus. 3 months for fermenting.
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2020, 03:48 PM
Post #13765

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Arcry @ Sep 8 2020, 05:18 AM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 8 2020, 12:06 AM) *

Being honest, the mead I really wanna make in this book is the Juniper Berry Mead:

2 tbsp of crushed Juniper Berries
2 tsp of dried Yarrow
1 tbsp of dried Hibiscus flowers.

I'd just need to get the Honey, a carboy jug, and a brewing airlock to really get it going. Plus. 3 months for fermenting.

Yeah 3 months for fermentation, and another six months for aging. That was the biggest problem for me; I went that long to discover that my product took a turn towards bad at some point and the end result was undrinkable. I’m not trying to discourage you, it was still an interesting process that I think everyone who likes mead should try.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 8 2020, 03:50 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 8 2020, 06:08 PM
Post #13766

Master
Group Icon

I'm a huge fan of the Dansk meads myself, I can get the Viking Blød myself, when it is in stock. Due to my immune deficiency, I order the mead online and have it delivered to my house, so it can be chancy. I wouldn't try making it myself . . .

Another brand I really like is Superstition - they make it from honey made from prickly pear blossoms, so it's a bit different. Expensive, but totally worth it.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 8 2020, 11:19 PM
Post #13767

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 8 2020, 12:08 PM) *

I'm a huge fan of the Dansk meads myself, I can get the Viking Blød myself, when it is in stock. Due to my immune deficiency, I order the mead online and have it delivered to my house, so it can be chancy. I wouldn't try making it myself . . .

Another brand I really like is Superstition - they make it from honey made from prickly pear blossoms, so it's a bit different. Expensive, but totally worth it.

I should look into that, but I think my state had weird laws on having booze shipped to your house.

*edit*
Nope, just looked it up. I would have to have it delivered to a local liquor store.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Sep 8 2020, 11:37 PM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 9 2020, 02:25 AM
Post #13768

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 8 2020, 06:19 PM) *

I should look into that, but I think my state had weird laws on having booze shipped to your house.

*edit*
Nope, just looked it up. I would have to have it delivered to a local liquor store.

Just like buying a gun then.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2020, 06:05 AM
Post #13769

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Sep 8 2020, 08:25 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Sep 8 2020, 06:19 PM) *

*edit*

Just like buying a gun then.

Lol exactly.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 9 2020, 10:32 AM
Post #13770

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Just had two and a half cup of coffee with a spounge cake.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2020, 12:33 PM
Post #13771

Paladin
Group Icon

Hee, I'm trying to envision the incredible expanding crow as that sponge cake in your stomach absorbs all that coffee. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 9 2020, 02:12 PM
Post #13772

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 9 2020, 01:33 PM) *

Hee, I'm trying to envision the incredible expanding crow as that sponge cake in your stomach absorbs all that coffee. tongue.gif

Add to that two more cups of coffee now and a big muffin biggrin.gif

Edit: And a peach tongue.gif

This post has been edited by mirocu: Sep 9 2020, 02:49 PM

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2020, 03:04 PM
Post #13773

Paladin
Group Icon

A Sweetroll! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 9 2020, 03:08 PM
Post #13774

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Acadian @ Sep 9 2020, 04:04 PM) *

A Sweetroll! biggrin.gif

Oops! Forgot the proper name for that particular coffee accessory tongue.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Sep 9 2020, 08:22 PM
Post #13775

Master
Group Icon

Thinking the most recent posts might have been better in a different thread . . . laugh.gif

Anyways, an update: I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th. It is an outpatient procedure, so I'll need a driver to take me the hour plus trip (each way) and sit around for 3 - 4 hours (up to 2 hours prep, 1/2 hour procedure, and likely another hour in recovery, depending on what they use for anesthesia). The current state of COVID-19 in my area complicates things: they are requiring a COVID-19 test prior to surgery, and I'm hoping the weekly nasal swab I'm doing for my work will be good enough (just dropped off the fourth week sample earlier this afternoon), but we will see . . . The left eye will be done first, then the right eye will be scheduled for 4 - 6 weeks afterwards. Since that takes me into the holiday season, I'm hoping that it won't interfere too much with work.

Also, FINALLY, the employer has devised a way for me to participate more fully in the virtual training for WFH online chat support I've been supposed to be doing since June. So I start training hopefully next week, then finally start working right after that. Sigh. I wish they had found the live captioning service sooner but the fact that they worked as hard as they did to come up with both ASL interpreters (which don't work for me - I'm not fluent in ASL ironically) AND live captioning for the sessions. It's gotta be a real challenge for them, especially since the employer has such high standards for the benefits they provide us peons (best health insurance, guys).

At this point I do not know how much this is going to impact my computer time. Since it's the worse eye first, I'm hoping that it won't slow me down too much, since I'm already pretty much one eyed at this point.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Sep 9 2020, 08:32 PM
Post #13776

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider, I know you have some complex things going on with your eyes. Is the upcoming procedure cataract surgery?

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Sep 9 2020, 09:53 PM
Post #13777

Ancient
Group Icon

Good luck Rider!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mirocu
post Sep 10 2020, 08:46 AM
Post #13778

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Best of luck with your eyes, Rider!

--------------------
Lol bird

+Quote Post
mALX
post Sep 10 2020, 02:23 PM
Post #13779

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(haute ecole rider @ Sep 9 2020, 03:22 PM) *

Thinking the most recent posts might have been better in a different thread . . . laugh.gif

Anyways, an update: I'm scheduled for surgery on the 24th. It is an outpatient procedure, so I'll need a driver to take me the hour plus trip (each way) and sit around for 3 - 4 hours (up to 2 hours prep, 1/2 hour procedure, and likely another hour in recovery, depending on what they use for anesthesia). The current state of COVID-19 in my area complicates things: they are requiring a COVID-19 test prior to surgery, and I'm hoping the weekly nasal swab I'm doing for my work will be good enough (just dropped off the fourth week sample earlier this afternoon), but we will see . . . The left eye will be done first, then the right eye will be scheduled for 4 - 6 weeks afterwards. Since that takes me into the holiday season, I'm hoping that it won't interfere too much with work.

Also, FINALLY, the employer has devised a way for me to participate more fully in the virtual training for WFH online chat support I've been supposed to be doing since June. So I start training hopefully next week, then finally start working right after that. Sigh. I wish they had found the live captioning service sooner but the fact that they worked as hard as they did to come up with both ASL interpreters (which don't work for me - I'm not fluent in ASL ironically) AND live captioning for the sessions. It's gotta be a real challenge for them, especially since the employer has such high standards for the benefits they provide us peons (best health insurance, guys).

At this point I do not know how much this is going to impact my computer time. Since it's the worse eye first, I'm hoping that it won't slow me down too much, since I'm already pretty much one eyed at this point.

We'll all be wishing and praying for the best outcome for both your surgeries, Haute. Hug_emoticon.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Sep 10 2020, 10:04 PM
Post #13780

Ancient
Group Icon

Good luck with the surgery.

--------------------
+Quote Post

706 Pages V « < 687 688 689 690 691 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 03:28 PM