Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout New Vegas, The Upcoming Fallout Game
mALX
post Feb 14 2011, 04:51 PM
Post #101

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(ureniashtram @ Feb 13 2011, 08:05 AM) *

You need to do a lengthy quest given to you by Arcade Gannon. Its too long for me to write here (REALLY REALLY LONG) so I recommend to check out the Vault.

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/For_Auld_Lang_Syne

Thanks, Ureniashtram !! I tried to get that Arcade Gannon to even talk to me - he was rude as H - I had Veronica as a follower and did not want to give her up for him, so couldn't get his quest (and didn't know it would lead me to the remnants, either - only that you would get a special "family remnant power armor" as a quest reward - for some reason my brain didn't put the two together, ROFL!!).

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2011, 07:53 PM
Post #102

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 14 2011, 09:51 AM) *

You need to do a lengthy quest given to you by Arcade Gannon. Its too long for me to write here (REALLY REALLY LONG) so I recommend to check out the Vault.

Thanks, Ureniashtram !! I tried to get that Arcade Gannon to even talk to me - he was rude as H - I had Veronica as a follower and did not want to give her up for him, so couldn't get his quest (and didn't know it would lead me to the remnants, either - only that you would get a special "family remnant power armor" as a quest reward - for some reason my brain didn't put the two together, ROFL!!).

Same, I had Boone and he was a really good ally paired with ED-E so I wasn't interested in recruiting anybody else.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2011, 08:11 PM
Post #103

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2011, 01:53 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 14 2011, 09:51 AM) *

Same, I had Boone and he was a really good ally paired with ED-E so I wasn't interested in recruiting anybody else.

That Arcade was really rude, obnoxious - and not a great fighter from what I hear. Veronica is tough as nails in the early levels. At level 30 she kind of loses it, and you become ready to get rid of her and get Boone. I had ED-E last game, I am going after him in this one too - although he makes stealth hard with all his racket - I kind of like his victory music and battle music.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #104

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 01:11 PM) *

That Arcade was really rude, obnoxious - and not a great fighter from what I hear. Veronica is tough as nails in the early levels. At level 30 she kind of loses it, and you become ready to get rid of her and get Boone. I had ED-E last game, I am going after him in this one too - although he makes stealth hard with all his racket - I kind of like his victory music and battle music.

ED-E is my favorite really. He's not as strong as the dog is but he highlights every enemy near you and the music was a great touch. When I first got him I thought my game was screwed up, then realized it was ED-E playing the music.

Boone is great with a rifle and melee weapons. I gave him the chainsaw you get from Motor-runner and bought him a .50 cal when I got one.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 15 2011, 08:18 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #105

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2011, 02:16 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 01:11 PM) *

ED-E is my favorite really. He's not as strong as the dog is but he highlights every enemy near you and the music was a great touch. When I first got him I thought my game was screwed up, then realized it was ED-E playing the music.

Boone is great with a rifle and melee weapons. I gave him the chainsaw you get from Motor-runner and bought him a .50 cal when I got one.

Veronica LOVES the chainsaw, and it is hilarious to watch her with it. She hollers something when she uses it, I can't remember what since I haven't gotten that in this game yet. Whatever you do, don't give her frag grenades. She uses them for everything - she will spot an enemy and (even though you have told her NOT to engage till you do) will yell out at the top of her lungs "WATCH OUT!" - and lob a grenade. Makes it hard to be stealthy.

Veronica has an awesome punch without any weapons in the low levels, she has some fisto-type unarmed device.

The only thing with Veronica - I haven't found any way to get her to use a gun. There must be some way, I just haven't figured it out yet. I have given her the Tessla Cannon, a (game-modded) hunting rifle, a sniper rifle, shotguns, laser rifles, plasma rifles, etc. - she won't use them no matter what - even in the Deathclaw Promentary she is out there trying to duke it out with Deathclaws (and doing remarkably well, I might add - but she can only take just so many hits).

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 15 2011, 09:21 PM
Post #106

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 01:52 PM) *

Veronica LOVES the chainsaw, and it is hilarious to watch her with it. She hollers something when she uses it, I can't remember what since I haven't gotten that in this game yet. Whatever you do, don't give her frag grenades. She uses them for everything - she will spot an enemy and (even though you have told her NOT to engage till you do) will yell out at the top of her lungs "WATCH OUT!" - and lob a grenade. Makes it hard to be stealthy.

Veronica has an awesome punch without any weapons in the low levels, she has some fisto-type unarmed device.

The only thing with Veronica - I haven't found any way to get her to use a gun. There must be some way, I just haven't figured it out yet. I have given her the Tessla Cannon, a (game-modded) hunting rifle, a sniper rifle, shotguns, laser rifles, plasma rifles, etc. - she won't use them no matter what - even in the Deathclaw Promentary she is out there trying to duke it out with Deathclaws (and doing remarkably well, I might add - but she can only take just so many hits).

I give Boone the chainsaw and another melee weapon. maybe the shish kabob? I don't remember, it was sword or something that did lots of damage, but he always switched between the 2 seemingly at random. one fight will be the the saw, the next with the other weapon. maybe they were degrading and he was switching to the current best weapon? idk.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 15 2011, 11:12 PM
Post #107

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2011, 03:21 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 01:52 PM) *

I give Boone the chainsaw and another melee weapon. maybe the shish kabob? I don't remember, it was sword or something that did lots of damage, but he always switched between the 2 seemingly at random. one fight will be the the saw, the next with the other weapon. maybe they were degrading and he was switching to the current best weapon? idk.

I've never seen Veronica's armor or weapons I give her degrade - but if they are in broke condition she never fixes them, even if you give her the piece to do it. I have to take it from her, fix it, then give it back.

They must all be high melee characters, I know Veronica will take melee or unarmed weapons over anything. Armor: she will put on whatever you give her that has a higher DT.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2011, 12:20 AM
Post #108

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 04:12 PM) *
I've never seen Veronica's armor or weapons I give her degrade - but if they are in broke condition she never fixes them, even if you give her the piece to do it. I have to take it from her, fix it, then give it back.

They must all be high melee characters, I know Veronica will take melee or unarmed weapons over anything. Armor: she will put on whatever you give her that has a higher DT.

Boone only uses melee at close range, he'll use a rifle normally. But yeah I checked the wiki and he has very high melee rating.

It's always cool when you equip BoS armor on you companions.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 16 2011, 04:58 AM
Post #109

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2011, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 15 2011, 04:12 PM) *

Boone only uses melee at close range, he'll use a rifle normally. But yeah I checked the wiki and he has very high melee rating.

It's always cool when you equip BoS armor on you companions.

Wow, does Boone let you put BOS armor on him? Veronica will NOT let you put NCR, Legion, etc - any other faction's armor on her !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 16 2011, 05:08 AM
Post #110

Master
Group Icon

You are probably right, I bet I had to buy him non-affiliated power armor.

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 16 2011, 05:09 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2011, 06:34 AM
Post #111

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 15 2011, 11:08 PM) *

You are probably right, I bet I had to buy him non-affiliated power armor.

It really bothers me when I just want Veronica to carry some armor - and she dumps it on the ground saying she can't wear that - she doesn't have to, I just didn't have the weight allowance left to carry it, lol.

Still though, I think it is kind of cool that they have their loyalties.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 18 2011, 08:20 PM
Post #112

Master
Group Icon

I must have bought him some T-45d because I think the set the BoS gives you is affiliated. I obviously bought T-51b for myself. I like the look of the 45d better than the 51b but I want the best for me lol.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2011, 09:41 PM
Post #113

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 18 2011, 02:20 PM) *

I must have bought him some T-45d because I think the set the BoS gives you is affiliated. I obviously bought T-51b for myself. I like the look of the 45d better than the 51b but I want the best for me lol.

There is also some remnant power armor - one of the guys atop the Deathclaw Promentary is all in remnant armor I think - (they never showed up for me yet, only their weapons both games).

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 18 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #114

Master
Group Icon

I never found it either. If I did, I'd give that set to Boone if he'd wear it. I want the strength bonus the T51b gives so I can use heavy weapons better

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 18 2011, 09:55 PM
Post #115

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 18 2011, 03:46 PM) *

I never found it either. If I did, I'd give that set to Boone if he'd wear it. I want the strength bonus the T51b gives so I can use heavy weapons better

I went to that med clinic and had strength implant put in - my strength is 8 now. That made a much bigger difference than I ever thought it would, really surprising how much of a difference it has made in my character's toughness.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 19 2011, 02:50 AM
Post #116

Master
Group Icon

I totally forgot about that clinic and never bought anything. not that I had the caps for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2011, 02:58 AM
Post #117

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 18 2011, 08:50 PM) *

I totally forgot about that clinic and never bought anything. not that I had the caps for it.

Most are 4000 caps, but two of them are 8000 caps.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 19 2011, 03:07 AM
Post #118

Master
Group Icon

I was basically broke after I bought the .50 cal rifles and power armor. How did you make money in New Vegas?

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 19 2011, 04:23 AM
Post #119

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(King Coin @ Feb 18 2011, 09:07 PM) *

I was basically broke after I bought the .50 cal rifles and power armor. How did you make money in New Vegas?

I loot every place I find, repair and then sell anything I can't use. Some places give you awesome amts of caps - there is one cave that pays better than the Sunshine Sasperilla headquarters. Black Mountain has a good haul in that upside down satelite dish/tent thing.

I even sell off any excess ammo for guns I do not have - leaving myself only 25 @ for emergencies just in case I get into a battle and have to pick up a gun and start firing.

Last game my repair was really high so I didn't have to pay anyone except for special weapons. This game it is only medium, that is hurting me a little. Also, last game my endurance was lower so I couldn't get as many implants - I planned ahead this game and raised it early on (wasting perks on bringing my special up).

I got the Black Widow Perk this game for the first time in any Fallout game and have yet to see ANY time it came into use !!! What a waste THAT was !!!

Also, I drank every Sunset Sasperilla I got my hands on, it does add up too, believe it or not, lol. Both games I had every place on the map (just about) explored and looted.

Last game I did a lot of stealing, but this game I am not doing much of that at all - only skill books and snow globes this game.

Also, some unique weapons I didn't want I sold - they are high dollar items.

Oh say, when you add that DLC on and it gives you five extra levels - does it add perks (every other level) or just levels? Anyone know?

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 19 2011, 05:40 AM
Post #120

Master
Group Icon

I ended up using just about everything I found. High value weapons were used to fix or replace the one I had.

I loot like crazy and sell anything I don't need and I still end up poor as H. Do I have an active effect called "hole in pocket'?

--------------------

+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 4 5 6 7 8 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 01:16 AM