11 Pages V « < 9 10 11  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Baldur's Dale, The Infinity Engine Games Thread
Renee
post Oct 18 2022, 10:07 PM
Post #201

Councilor
Group Icon

Yes, I have EE Keeper, did not know we can change play-character stats. Probably a lot of things I don't know about it. I remember using EE to give my party Antidotes, though. Seems like every other time they encountered baddies they'd poison one or more of my party!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Oct 19 2022, 10:39 AM
Post #202

Master
Group Icon

Options in EE are almost limitless. You can for instance give your player a special petrifying gaze attack that turns enemies into stone. I once did a short playthrough of a beggar who'd turn people to stone. It's just an example of what can be done with the BG Keeper.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post Oct 19 2022, 01:30 PM
Post #203

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha that sounds pretty sweet! So your beggar was like Medussa.

Well I'll just give Hadden some sort of boost to his stats, maybe start him Level 2 instead of 1. I noticed BG is similar to the table-games we used to play, in the sense that this game levels up pretty slowly. 🎲 Which I like. Because back in the day when we all rolled dice, it took a long time to level up one of our PCs, days, weeks or months, not hours. When somebody finally went up, it would cause for celebration. cake.gif

Baldur's feels harder than the table-games though, that's why I want to cheat a little. With the table-games we could choose modules, here are some examples. These were basically adventure books, and they were all leveled. So if most of your party was Level 3, we could choose a module which too easy, just right, or even too hard! blink.gif

To me, Baldur's feels too easy sometimes, but too hard other times (especially when poison or some exotic magic gets involved). I want to at least try to level the playing field for Hadden Nuff. viking.gif

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Yesterday, 09:16 PM
Post #204

Paladin
Group Icon

Buffy's playing ESO every morning but currently porting over to BGII EE for much of the rest of the day.

I enjoy BGII but it does take quite a bit of party tweaking to suit me. Currently Buffy is an Archer but has a fairly full suite of Druid spells. Acadian is a L13 Fighter dueled to Thief. Minsc is a keeper and he is a Monk. Aerie is also a keeper and she's a Sorceress. Will pick up Mazzy as our other keeper soon and plan to turn her into a human Inquisitor. That leaves a guest slot that will likely settle down into Nalia and perhaps later Imoen.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post Today, 06:22 AM
Post #205

Councilor
Group Icon

Is Acadian an NPC who can be hired or picked up? Or a custom-made PC? If he's a player-character, how are you able to get two PCs in one party?
+Quote Post

11 Pages V « < 9 10 11
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th November 2022 - 12:36 PM