6 Pages V « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winterhold Wanderings
King Coin
post Mar 27 2014, 02:37 AM
Post #101

Master
Group Icon

Aravi was still getting used to Channah’s ways with people when they went to see Collette. Once again, Aravi wished her friend would have just not said anything while they were still ahead. She absent mindedly greeted someone while Channah dug their hole deeper.

She tried to keep her face neutral, but she knew she didn’t succeed. Try not to look too embarrassed.

“Uh…” She didn’t know what to say.

What can I say?

“Are you accepting students still?”

Collette frowned at them. “I am, but why should I take you two as students? It sounds like you both would benefit more from that old man Tolfdir.”

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 27 2014, 01:02 PM
Post #102

Councilor
Group Icon

Colette frowned when Aravi asked if she was accepting new students. “I am, but why should I take you two as students? It sounds like you both would benefit more from that old man Tolfdir.” She furrowed her brows at Channah. “As a Redguard you should have a natural affinity for Alteration magic.”

“Well my Da’s a Nord so I mostly have a way with blades,” Channah said. “I got my mother’s Redguard looks, thank the gods. I wouldn’t want to be a thin-lipped pasty-face with stringy hair, pinched little nostrils and a –” Channah had a thought. “Um, no offense. You don’t look that way at all. Anyway, I got my Da’s ice brain too, so… Yeah, never mind. If you expect me to be Hammerfell smart you’ll be disappointed.”

She doubted that she was advancing their cause to become Colette’s students. Channah glanced over at Aravi. Her friend seemed to be experiencing a pain. Skitt on a stick, am I embarrassing her? She opened her mouth to apologize.

Tristan spoke first. “I’m here to get my recommendation for Defensive Magicks Seminar,” he said to Colette. He flourished a rolled scroll as if in explanation.

“Oh course, dear,” Colette replied. She waved glittering fingers over Tristan’s extended scroll. The two exchanged nods. Tristan turned to leave.

“Party in my chamber tonight,” Channah whispered as he passed. “Bring wine if you have it.”

Tristan shot a grin over his shoulder once he had removed himself from Colette’s sight line. He made a silent gesture indicating that he would be there.

Channah considered. I should try to act more serious like a student. She returned her attention to Colette.

The Restoration trainer was reciting the same prices to Aravi that Tolfdir had given Channah.

“How can we get into the Defense seminar?” Channah asked. They would not be charged for taking that class, and it seemed that Colette had something to do with it as well as Tolfdir.

“You need to have mastered the basics of combat casting,” she said. “We teach those rudimentary spells in the introductory classes. If you can cast a ward or armor spell while under attack, your experience will be deemed sufficient.” Colette raised her brows at the two of them.

Channah shook her head. These were the spells she was here to learn. She wondered if healing herself with a spell while still on fire would count. She had gotten pretty good at doing that.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 28 2014, 05:46 PM
Post #103

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla scurried down the steps of the library and headed towards dorms. She burst through the doors and ran smack into solid mass.

"Oof!"

"EUGH!"

She looked down at the figure sprawled before her and blinked. A hood was pulled over the figure's face, and she saw scattered papers and scrolls.

"I'm so sorry!" She put her book on the floor, (Gods, don't let Shub walk our right now...) and knelt to help the other person with their papers. She froze when the hood was lifted.

"You know, the last time you were here, you set my robes on fire," Onmund said with a slight grin.

"Hehe, I mean, I know." Kayla held her hand out to give him the papers, but most of them slid from her grasp and went flying behind him. She sighed.

"That was lovely," she mumbled.

"You can grip a sword, but not papers?" He teased lightly as he rose to his knees and helped her pick his papers up. They stood up and she handed him a stack.

"Thank you," he said, looking up at her. "I forgot how tall you were," he laughed, and she blushed, laughing weakly. Heat rushed to her face as he leaned forward a little.

"So, I hear there's a party in your friend's chambers tonight?"

"Oh! Yes. Channah really likes to blow off steam, and she's really good at holding her drink."

"I wonder if she would want to have a drinking challenge?"

"Probably," Kayla snorted. "She's part Nord."

"Tell her I challenge her to a round!"

"A round of...of what?"

Onmun shrugged. "I'll think of something. Will you be there?"

"Probably. Maybe. Why?" She coughed. "Yeah, I'll be there."

"Then until then," he waved and walked up the stairs. Kayla blew out a hard breath through her mouth and went to her chambers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 29 2014, 04:33 PM
Post #104

Master
Group Icon

“I can heal myself and others of minor wounds, but I want to learn some of the more powerful healing spells. Sometimes my weak spells are just not up to the task,” Aravi said to Colette. She looked at Channah. “Both of us can heal ourselves mid-combat. Would that be sufficient? We traveled here with a 3rd year student who could vouch for us.”

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 2 2014, 02:18 AM
Post #105

Councilor
Group Icon

Colette crossed her arms and appeared to consider Aravi’s words. “The best predictor of success is combat experience, but I must insist that you come to class already prepared with the basic spells. Lesser Ward and Oakflesh at the bare minimum. The other students will have practiced them for hours, and we cannot expect them to wait while you two learn them in an advanced class.”

Channah nodded. “Fair enough.”

“I suggest simply reading the spell tomes to begin,” Colette said. “If you can heal under duress I should expect you to pick up the Novice level spells quite easily. You must already have the concentration required, and you certainly have the magicka.”

Channah glanced at Aravi. “All right,” she said to Colette. “It might take me a couple of days to raise enough coin for two tomes.” Kayla said something about Faralda selling them for thirty gold, she thought. Maybe I can get in on that.

“I do hope you will both join the seminar,” Colette said. She looked serious and a little eager. “It will be so helpful to have students who have been in a real fight, not to mention who know how to inflict a variety of injuries in our practice sessions.”

Channah opened her mouth and then closed it again. Damn. I’m not sure what to make of that.

Colette waved her hands in a dismissive gesture. “You have a few days before the next session begins. Use them wisely and I hope to see you in class!”

“I guess I didn’t have any more questions,” Channah said. She turned sideways and rolled her eyes at Aravi. Mages.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 3 2014, 04:15 PM
Post #106

Councilor
Group Icon

After dinner Channah headed back to her chamber. She had swiped a pouch full of bread, cheese, and apples to put out for her guests, mostly for appearances. And in case she didn’t wake up in time for breakfast.

The central lounge was already full of students. Most carried at least two bottles. One girl had a drum and she could hear someone tuning a lute.

“Free mead!” Channah called. “Let’s get this party started!”

Within moments her room was heaving with robed bodies. Her mead basket quickly emptied but more bottles began arriving by the bucket full. Channah knocked the lid off of a storage barrel for the empties. No doubt these mages knew a spell to magick their bottles back to the brewery, but she didn’t.

“Say, who knows a Cure Disease spell?” Channah called out over the music. She took note of those whose hands were not raised. I will not be sleeping with you, or you, or you.

Channah turned around to find Tristan at her elbow.

“Hey,” he said.

“Hey back. Is that how you Bretons say hello?”

Tristan took a swig from his wine bottle. “I know that spell,” he said. “Do you have a disease?”

Channah laughed. “Not yet. Say, I’m glad you came tonight after what I said at Colette’s. Thanks for not holding a grudge. Most guys would be insulted by the notion they had a small stick.”

Tristan’s eyebrows went up. “I took it as a suggestion that you might have a big kitten.”

Channah snorted mead through her nose. I like this fetcher.

“Are you joining Colette and Tolfdir’s defense seminar?” Tristan asked.

“I don’t know. I’d like to but I don’t have the spells yet.”

Tristan blew the hair out of his eyes. “Seriously, you can’t cast a ward or an armor spell? How did you get past Faralda?”

“My friend Kayla, and I will kick your ass a dozen ways if you need a demonstration. I can handle myself.”

“Whoa.” Tristan help up his hands, palms out. The effect was somewhat spoiled by the wine bottle in each. “I was going to say, maybe we could help each other out. If you join the class. You and me and Aravi, we could practice together and promise not to make each other look bad. You don’t stab me too much, I don’t burn you very badly, that sort of thing. You can’t trust most of these fetchers. What do you say?”

Channah considered. “Can you teach me the spells I need to get in? For free? And my friend, too?”

Tristan rolled his eyes, or at least the one she could see under his floppy hair. “Of course.”

“You have yourself a deal.” Channah discovered that she also held a drink in each hand. She put out her pinky and shook Tristan’s. “I can’t speak for Aravi, but you can trust whatever she says.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 4 2014, 01:36 PM
Post #107

Councilor
Group Icon

Channah woke warm but uncomfortable. A dull ache pulsed behind her eyes. Her tongue felt like it might crack. And while she had somehow managed to change into her nightclothes, the someone else in her new bed still had their shoes on. One was wedged between her knees.

She woke him while untangling herself. A tousled head popped out of the covers like a sand owl emerging from its burrow.

Tristan. Memory returned. Channah hid her smile.

The Breton blinked until his eyes seemed to focus. A series of emotions passed over his face. “Did we..?”

“Gods, yes,” Channah said. She made her eyes wide. “You were like a minotaur! I’m going to be bowlegged for days. I hope I won’t need to sit down any time soon. I think I need a healing spell.”

Tristan’s jaw dropped. Then he slumped back and threw an arm over his face. “You’re jesting.”

“Yeah. You passed out with your head under the bed long before Mirabelle broke up the party. I just dragged you up here so you wouldn’t get stepped on. But I’ll stick with the minotaur story if you like.”

“No, but thanks.”

Channah squeezed her eyes shut and focused until her hands filled with healing light. Thank Stendarr, I remember those spells he showed me. “Can I practice on you? I don’t think I can make you feel worse. And I can see Brelyna’s awake across the lounge. She can fix you if I really screw up.”

Tristan moved his arm and squinted through one crusty eye. “All right, but promise you’ll get me some water when you’re through. And leave Brelyna out of it. The last time she cast a spell on me I woke up sniffing my own backside. I could do without a repeat of that experience.”

Channah decided that if he could reach that far he should be glad he didn’t wake up doing something worse. Best not to mention it.

Tristan turned on his side and pulled the covers back up while Channah cast a healing spell on him. “You look so cute curled up like a little puppy,” she said.

Tristan groaned.

“Oh skitt, did the spell hurt you?”

“No,” Tristan said, his voice muffled by blankets and a fair amount of phlegm. “It’s just that cute puppies don’t get much action.”

“Yeah, it’s too late for that,” Channah said. “Besides, it’s for the best. I never sleep with people I like any more. That way when it all goes sour I don’t lose a friend.”

Tristan gave her a puffy-eyed look. “That is messed up.”

Channah agreed. “So now that you know are we done? Or do you want to be real friends?”

Tristan appeared to be considering. “All right, friends. But you can pay for your own meals and buy your own wine when we go out. And you should know I will ditch you in a heartbeat if there’s a chance I might get laid.”

“Fair enough,” said Channah. She started pushing on him with her feet. “Now get up and go fart in your own bed. I’m not done sleeping yet.”

Tristan staggered around for a moment getting himself fully upright. “Why do you sleep with that thing on your head?”

“It’s a tukwi. An Alik’r headwrap. I wear it so my locks don’t get fuzzy.” She gave his messy hair a pointed look. “You might consider getting one.”

Tristan crawled under a chair and retrieved his hood. He donned it with a lopsided flourish. “There. The Breton’s headwrap. And mine fortifies my magicka.” He half-drained a water skin in one breath then tossed it to her.

Channah finished the water. She flopped back down and arranged her covers. “I think I’ll enchant mine with Repel Breton. See you later.”

It sounded as if Tristan kicked some empty bottles and bounced off the door frame on his way out. “Good party,” he said. “Thanks. And see you later.”

Channah cast a healing spell. Her headache faded with the glittering light. Mirabelle, she remembered. Mirabelle was here last night. The Master Wizard had some choice words about noise level, disruptions, and a fine.

Oh skitt, Channah thought. I have the spells but now I need gold for my fine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Apr 11 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #108

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla coughed, the cotton-y feeling in the back of her throat threatening to make her dry-heave. She sniffled and groaned loudly. She was lying on her side, facing her wardrobe. She saw that it was open, and someone had made an effigy of Colette made from brooms, someone's robes, and even had a melon as the head. There was even a note pinned, saying "THE LOUDER I AM, THE RIGHTER I AM"

Someone moved next to her, and she felt a hand graze her bare shoulder. She turned and balked at the face.

"Who are you?!"

"My name is Nuradil," The handsome Altmer man said. His eyes were a clear, light green, and his hair a dark brown. Someone moved on the other side of him.

"Who is THAT?!"

"Shhh!" Another Altmer hissed. She rubbed her eyes and said something in a cutting tone in the Summerset language. Kayla recognized her as the one who tried to hand her a pamphlet, but didn't speak Nordic. She also had red hair, Kayla noticed, and her eyes were a bright blue.

"What happened last night?!"

"You were quite frisky," Nuradil said, a grin on his face. "As was Elinolinwe."

"Ele-what? Don't tell me we all..."

"Of course not. We took turns."

Kayla felt her face drain of color and she threw the sheets off of them and, in spite of her throbbing head, jumped from the bed and threw on the nearest set of robes she could find. She didn't notice the garment only came to her knees, and the naked rear of one of the Bosmer twins stuck from under the bed. She barely registered the drawings of eyes and a mouth on her cheeks, which would not be noticed by the poor Bosmer girl. She rushed to her chambers, only to find people passed on her bed.

She cursed and ran to the lavatories.

Where is Aravi?? And Channah??

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:05 PM