6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Winterhold Wanderings
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2014, 04:31 AM
Post #41

Ancient
Group Icon

"Don't do that," Kayla said as she inspected Aravi's claws. She suddenly felt a little jealous.

"These must be super useful in a fight."

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 26 2014, 04:41 AM
Post #42

Master
Group Icon

“They can be. It’s been a while since I’ve used them like that.” As long as you don’t count when I was a werewolf. “And surprisingly, not many people expect them either.”

“I’m thirsty. Think I can get a drink like this?” She smiled a little.

--------------------
Aravi: A Khajiit in Skyrim

Recipient of the Colonel Mustard Official Badge of Awesomeosity
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #43

Ancient
Group Icon

"Make sure you pant a little, make it look like we were busy." Kayla giggled.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 26 2014, 02:56 PM
Post #44

Master
Group Icon

She pushed her blanket hood off of her head, then messed her hair up.

"How's that?" Aravi asked.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2014, 03:09 PM
Post #45

Ancient
Group Icon

"If I wore lipstick, I'd put lip prints on your face!" Kayla giggled harder, falling over.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 26 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #46

Master
Group Icon

Aravi left and returned again with two drinks.

“He insisted you have a drink as well. He said something about needing to keep hydrated.” Aravi set Kayla’s next to her and sat down. She got milk for some reason, and didn’t even ask for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 26 2014, 07:02 PM
Post #47

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla laughed at Aravi's statement, then laughed harder as the milk.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 27 2014, 04:09 AM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

Aravi looked at the other woman and took a drink of her milk.

The blazing fire was delightful, and the last of the Windhelm’s chill was chased away. Even the blatant racism from earlier couldn’t dampen her mood at the moment.

She suddenly had the odd urge to ask Kayla a question. “Did you ever know your parents?” Where did that come from?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 28 2014, 03:01 AM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

(OOC: I would've answered earlier, but I fell asleep at 4 pm yesterday and didn't wake up until my alarm went off at five this morning...)

Kayla was a little taken aback at the question.

"My parents? You mean my elf parents? No. I never knew them." she swirled her drink around before taking a drink. She was delighted to find it was spiced mead.

"Mmmm, this is delicious." She took another drink. "No, I didn't know them," she repeated. "My mother, my Nord mother, said she found me wrapped up nice and tight and blue from the snow. There was a carriage wreck, but no sign of any people. My father thinks a frost troll got them. Bandits would have left bodies, but trolls would have left bones." She shrugged.

"Anyways, they took me in, warmed me up, and kept me. They treated me like I was their blood.They got a lot of sideways looks, especially since people blame magick users for the Oblivion Crisis, and elves are the ones who use magick the most, especially Altmer." She took another drink. "They raised me with Nord ideals, and I mostly consider myself a Nord. It's only when others remind me that I remember I'm not."

She shifted on the floor and stretched, putting her drink down. She touched her toes, easily reaching them at the end of her long legs, and groaned in delight.

"Oooh, I love stretching after a long day. what about you?" she cracked her neck, then stretched her arms. "Did you ever know your parents?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 28 2014, 03:20 AM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

The blonde woman behind the counter crossed her arms under her bust. She stared at Channah through narrowed eyes. “Maybe you should just move along.”

Channah ground her teeth. It had taken far too long to get this wench’s attention only to be turned away without food or drink. Here was a woman in bad need of a beating, but the end result would be Channah’s own backside in jail. At least then I’d have a room.

Instead of smacking the innkeeper, Channah stepped back out into the sleet and ice. The fire pots offered little warmth, but a half-naked beggar woman stood near one anyway. “A coin for a poor old woman?” she asked.

Channah flipped up her hood and walked over. “Don’t you remember me? I gave you a Septim about an hour ago.”

“Oh. Right. You people all look the same. Divines bless your kind heart!”

Channah snorted. “Where are the inns? I guess the Candlehearth Hall is a Nords only establishment.”

The beggar pointed the way. Channah headed into the dark alleys of the Grey Quarter, still fuming over the bitchy innkeeper. Damned Stormcloak fetching no kind of hospitality who does she think she is anyway probably half Breton I have more Nord blood than she does I’d wager—

Channah felt a sharp tug on her scalp, and her head was pulled backward.

“Hey!” Her right hand found a wrist and grasped. She stomped a heel down hard on her attacker’s foot, then with a duck and twist freed herself. Something metal clanged away into the bushes. “You fetcher! You pulled my hair!” Channah gave the scrabbling figure a kick while she checked her dreads for damage. Sleet began to run down her neck.

“By order of the Jarl, stop right there!” someone shouted.

Channah turned around to find a torch in her face. She guessed she must be addressing a guard. She got a view of his uniform when he seized her arm. “You have committed crimes against Skyrim and her people,” he continued. “What say you in your defense?”

“What the hells? I’m not the criminal! That man grabbed me! Uh, before I knocked him down and kicked him. He pulled my hair! You do NOT touch the hair.” Channah glared at the guard’s hand on her arm. And if you weren’t a guard, you’d be cradling a stump. “He’s getting away! Look, isn’t the Palace of Kings in that direction? What if he attacks the Jarl?” She cringed at her nonsense, but it was the first thing that came to mind. If the guard would only leave she might still find the man and kick the skitt out of him. Double damn, why did I leave my gear at the stable?

The guard let go and crossed his arms. He began in a lecturing tone. “The Palace is well protec—”

“Shouldn’t you chase him? He’s running like he stole something!” Channah checked her coin purse. It was still there.

The guard stood staring at her, or at least his face plate looked like he was staring.

Channah sighed. He’s long gone. Now I just need to get this one to leave me alone. “Help!” she cried. “Guards!”

That got the guard moving. Channah waited until he rounded the corner before searching under the dead looking shrubbery. It only took a moment to find the dagger. A straight, double-edged steel blade. It glistened slightly with arcane power.

“Thanks, fetcher,” she muttered and tucked it into her belt. “Now I need to get a room and dry my hair.”

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Feb 28 2014, 05:54 AM
Post #51

Master
Group Icon

(OOC: Added a little more so that it wasn't as lame)

She saw Kayla’s reaction and was about to apologize when Kayla started telling her.

Not surprisingly, she was asked the same question.

“Nords are a strange people… Sorry. I’m glad you were taken in. You did have a family. That also explains why you act more like a Nord than an elf.”

She took a drink of her milk.

“I don’t remember my parents very well. A memory, an image. They were travelers, and I was born on the road. When I was young we were attacked. We were all taken into Morrowind and I never saw them again.”

This post has been edited by King Coin: Feb 28 2014, 03:37 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 28 2014, 02:33 PM
Post #52

Councilor
Group Icon

OOC: I’m not sure when I’ll get to post again over the weekend, so I’m going ahead with Channah. You guys take as much time as you want with the sleepover, I’m not trying to rush you. Liz if you were joking about the murder thing just ignore it. smile.gif

Channah woke to pots clanging and the smell of hackle-lo smoke. She had slept fully dressed in her own bedroll under the stairs at the New Gnisis Cornerclub for a bargain price. Ambarys had even included a bucket of water and breakfast in the deal. Channah guessed that he must dislike Redguards a little less than he disliked Nords. At least he hadn’t insulted her to her face. She stretched and cracked the ice on her wash water. Next time I’ll ask him to keep the fires going overnight.

She didn’t feel like changing her undertunic in front of the dozen dark elves that kept stepping over her on their way through to the tavern. After a quick splash in the water bucket she unwrapped her hair. I guess I’ll pee after breakfast.

In the tavern Channah took a seat at the bar. Malthyr slid a plate and mug in front of her. “Mazte,” he said. “It’ll lift the chill.”

Channah let out a croak, then cleared her throat and tried again. “Thanks. And good morning.”

Malthyr grabbed a broom. “Well anyway it’s morning.”

Channah took a sip of mazte and eyed the insect abdomen that filled her plate. By the Nine, why do they bother importing bugs? I’d murder for a sweetroll. She blinked. Damn, this stuff is strong. But I guess I’d want to be drunk first thing in the morning if I was a Dunmer.

She placed the dagger on the bar and cracked open her breakfast’s exoskeleton. Maybe one of these elves will be able to read the enchantment. Or if not I know where I can find the court wizard. He’s not going anywhere.

Channah listened to the chatter while she picked meat out of the ash hopper shell. Most of the talk was in Dunmeris, but someone spoke Tamrielic with an Argonian’s hissing undertone. “What was the fuss last night?”

“Apparently another Nord woman was murdered,” said Ambarys. “Not sure why I should care.”

“Hssss. Another killing? I thought they caught the murderer.”

Channah spoke up. “The court wizard mentioned there was a murderer on the loose.” Something began to tickle Channah’s mind, but she couldn’t put a finger on it.

The Argonian answered her. “The court wizard is the murderer! He was arrested for his crimes. The guards down at the docks have all been talking about it.”

Channah shrugged. “Well he’s locked up, anyway. Or at least yesterday I saw him in the dungeon. Maybe he conjured himself out.” She frowned and glanced down at her new dagger.

“None of that matters to me,” Ambarys declared. “Until someone takes a Dunmer, I let Windhelm deal with its own problems.”

The mazte was working its magic. Warmth spread all the way down to Channah’s toes. She took another bite of bug meat. Tastes kind of like chicken.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 1 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #53

Ancient
Group Icon

"Morrowind? Why-" She caught herself. "...would you go to Cyrodiil and not Elswyr?"

Idiot, she said she was captured. Listen!

She drank more of her mead, feeling pleasantly warm. She crossed her legs and wiggled her toes, listening intently to Aravi.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 1 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #54

Master
Group Icon

Aravi shrugged.

“I act more like a human than I do a Khajiit. I fit in better with them.” Being with Kharjo made that very obvious to her in some ways. “I guess we are alike in that way.” She smiled faintly.

“I have thought about going to Elsweyr. Maybe I will sometime. Kharjo wants to take me, I think he has friends and family there. I have things I need to do before going however.”

“I’ve heard you speak of Ma’Dat. Who is he?”

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 1 2014, 02:24 AM
Post #55

Ancient
Group Icon

Kayla finished her mead, making a disappointed noise.

"After my parents died, I was taken in by the Cult of Meridia. I told you that part. One of my mentors was Ma'dat, a young Khajiit man. He trained me in hand to hand. He was a master. I can show you how to make the cream he put on his claws to strengthen them, if you'd like." She grinned at Aravi, then yawned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 1 2014, 05:57 AM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

Aravi’s ears flattened a little in sympathy, but listened with interest.

“A cream?” She looked at her worn, broken, and split claws. “I would like to see this. Is it difficult to make?”

Kayla’s yawn was contagious, and she too yawned. “Perhaps tomorrow though.”

She stood up and stretched her aching limbs. Her legs had a perpetual ache in them now from a life of constant travel. Their fire was burning low by now, and she fed the dying embers another log. That would give them another hour or two of flickering light and warmth.

“Coming to bed sweetie?” she said, continuing the joke.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 1 2014, 01:44 PM
Post #57

Ancient
Group Icon

"Of course, my darling. Perhaps we can go another round before bed!" She laughed and slid between the sheets after standing up. Her knees popped when she did so, and she groaned. She let Aravi pick the aide of the bed she preferred and yawned again as she fell asleep.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 1 2014, 08:59 PM
Post #58

Master
Group Icon

Aravi got in the side of the bed that was closest to the fire, and closed her eyes. She felt the mattress beside her dip as the high elf climbed in. Exhaustion took her moments later.

She woke up terrified and gasping for breath. It was a nightmare. It was similar in flavor as all the ones she had since she became a werewolf. She didn’t know why, but they wanted to kill her. In the dream she saw them hang someone, she didn’t know who. They strung him in a tree and disemboweled the poor man. Then they spotted her, despite how well hidden she was.

As always they eventually catch her. The rope around her neck, tightening, strangling. Then her feet leave the ground. The sword plunges into her, she feels the steel slide through her midsection.

The room was dark. It was not yet morning. She turned and drifted back to sleep. More pleasant dreams that she will never know the details of kept her company until sunup.

Consciousness slowly returned in the morning. The warm form next to her smelled different. Where..? who..? Oh gods!

This post has been edited by King Coin: Mar 1 2014, 09:15 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Mar 1 2014, 09:14 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

During the night Kayla awoke to Aravi making pitiful noises. she had gotten used to it over their travels, and had developed a method that seemed to soothe her for a short time. She quietly sang to Aravi and scratched behind her ears and the top of her head, running her fingers through her fur. It worked on nearly every race she had come across, with Orcs being the exception. She gently pulled Aravi closer to her body and fell asleep again.

That was how she woke up, except the small Khajiit was wriggling a little. Kayla blinked and realized she didn't just have the smaller woman close, but pulled against her body, with both arms around her body in an intimate embrace and her long leg over Aravi's hip. She sniffed and sat up, her auburn hair sticking up in odd places.

"Morning, sunshine." She sleepily grinned.

--------------------
+Quote Post
King Coin
post Mar 2 2014, 02:47 AM
Post #60

Master
Group Icon

Is Kayla spooning me? The high elf’s arms were wrapped around her, holding her against the woman’s chest. Added to that, a long, bare leg was thrown over her hip.

She suddenly felt uncomfortable and began to wiggle out.

“Uh, Kayla… ?” She didn’t know what else to say. If she didn’t have fur, her face would be on fire now.

The other woman released her and sat up, clearly not embarrassed.

“Morning, sunshine.”

Aravi got out of bed. Her tail was stuck under Kayla’s rump. A she pulled it out.

“Good morning,” she said as she stretched. She was still feeling awkward about the rather intimate way they woke, and wasn’t sure what else to say. Her tail was all tingly as feeling returned to it.

“You weren’t joking about being a cuddler,” she finally said.

--------------------

+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:36 AM