3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kidnapped! (Discussion), RP Planning Thread
Uleni Athram
post Nov 6 2014, 09:15 AM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

So since things have calmed down here considerably, I find myself facing ... withdrawal. From an addiction I have not indulged in since .. well, since forever. So! If any of you fellows ever want to RP, just know that I'll be on board on any plots you guys are concocting but can't proceed with because of a lack in manpower.

I may also have some unused RP plots lying around here, so there's that too!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 6 2014, 03:54 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Good luck sir.

Lots of folks left. The ones who remained don't like rping(please prove me wrong)

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 6 2014, 04:19 PM
Post #3

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice to have you back and wanting to feed your RP addiction, Uleni!

I'd certainly consider bringing Buffy into another RP as long as it is TES. I'm still a novice at the RP business. smile.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 6 2014, 04:48 PM
Post #4

Master
Group Icon

As long as there's a will(ing victi- person), there's a way, is what I always say. XD

Acadian and Buffy are considering, and assuming you'll join us Dee Dee, that makes us Three! Certainly small-sized than usual, but we can work around that. We always do!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 6 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

Hell I'd join. No, I'll join. Get our juices flowing right?

What's a good story and where can it take place?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Nov 6 2014, 05:54 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

You know how hugely unreliable I can be, and I'm stupidly busy at the moment, so dropout/withdrawing is almost inevitable but screw it, I'll give RPing a try again.
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 6 2014, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Hel, I'm always up for one.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 7 2014, 10:18 AM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

The RP Section wasn't dead, it seems. It was only sleeping. All it needed was a good wake up call.

Here's my RP plot, the only one I found; if you guys have some too, feel free to post 'em!

It starts a short while after the Oblivion Crisis. Dagon and his Camoran lackeys have been defeated but still the Mythic Dawn persists. In fact, they have gotten more bold in their retaliation against the Empire. Recently they have begun kidnapping civilians and then killing them for no reason. There are no connecting dots between the place and time of the murders, but the victims all share a common trait....

Red hair and blue eyes.

Our characters, whether through being hired or other ways, are tasked in assisting with the rescue of the most recent victim, a teenage boy by the name of Pascal.

As usual, per-Uleni style, this plot might seem nonsensical at first, but it'll make sense as it proceeds along. And while this plot summary might be a little too short, the actual plot is a LOT bigger and more complicated.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 7 2014, 02:34 PM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

So I will assume this will be in Cyrodiil, yes?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 7 2014, 04:27 PM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Yeeeeeeessss

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 7 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #11

Paladin
Group Icon

Sounds good to me, Uleni!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Nov 7 2014, 06:04 PM
Post #12

Councilor
Group Icon

Sounds interesting...

*Begins waiting, expectantly*

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 8 2014, 12:05 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

I'm in.

I have a character sheet nearly completed. I'll post it later tonight. I haven't used this character in any of our Rp's before, so it will be fun.

And no, he isn't a supernatural.

Uleni, where will the RP begin in Cyrodiil? What is the exact location?

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Nov 14 2014, 03:25 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 8 2014, 01:23 PM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

Name: Rakhad Saran Gharesh-Do.

Race: Khajiit. Cathay.

Home Country: Originally, Elsweyr. Moved to Leyawiin.

Faction and Rank or Guilds: Renrijra Krin. Smuggler. Warrior. Saboteur and infiltrator.

Physical Appearance:

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Rakhads mane is brown and as a Cathay, hes taller and heavier than Suthays and has increased strength as well. His fur is the color of a Senche-tiger; dark orange with black stripes from his head to his tail. On his left arm, Rakhad has an old Khajiiti symbol; to induce fear and also meant to protect against abuse of power. He is noted by many to be remarkably handsome and charming. From his toils in his earlier years, Rakhad is in near-perfect form and conditioned for any physical taxing activities.

Skills and talents: Rakhads fighting style suits his way of thinking. With the dual-wielding style he can constantly attack and with care he can protect himself with no armor worn. He thrives on athleticism and speed that allows his to deploy rapid strikes and aerial and acrobatic assaults like many khajiit. As learned from a fellow friend, he also enters into a berserker rage in combat, which greatly augments his strength and overall ability to fight.

Eyes: Khajiit yellow. Slit.

Build: Strong and athletic.

Weapons of preference: Rakhad favors quickness over mass in his oddly curved sword; it is light to hold, compared to the weapon a Breton or a Nord might clash with. Blunt or chopping instruments have fallen out of favor with him.

Much in the way a Redguard favors a billowing flow of cloth, Rakhad prefers armor that is both lightweight and hard wearing, due to the swelter of both the Khajiiti homeland and the naturally thick coats he refuses to shave. But the incessantly arid landscapes of Elsweyr tell only part of the story, for he hisses and spits at coverings that might encumber him, and claw away at armor seen as a restraint to his natural agility. Perhaps the only moment one will spy Rakhad clad in the heaviest of protection is just prior to a regimented war, which he does not favor.

Most of the time he has gossamer attire, with only vulnerable elements such as greaves and gauntlets receiving special attention; shawls, ribbons, and other trinkets to form decoration. Rakhad relishes also in supplementing his own claws with a wide variety of fiendish blades, ranging from the smallest punch dagger and smaller knives, to the curved scimitar blades, one of which was given to him by a respected and wise Redguard. When caressing Rakhads weapons, one must be careful not to catch oneself on a pointed edge.

Clothing: Devotion to the moons is at the forefront of any embossment and augmentation of Rakhads attire, and shields and plate armor are no exception. His shield(though he seldom uses it) are crescent shaped, to aid in both the veneration of Maser and Secunda, and in the swift stabbing motion through the shield's gap favored by the scimitar-wielding warrior. What armor he wears is made of lacquer and segments, sometimes encrusted with horn and seal onto loose-fitting leather. But in times of peace, he shuns metal cloth completely, nuzzling instead against quilted and brightly patterned clothes; striped tunics with fancy embroidery show indigenous skill, which extends to the fluted silver edging of more ceremonial armor pieces. Even the most cumbersome and weighty protection of his attire is particularly unsubstantial in nature when compared to that of a Nord or, especially, an Orc.

Miscellaneous: Skooma. Sweetrolls and cakes, and lots of sugar. Carries bottles of milk.

Magic abilities or powers: Standard khajiit racial powers.

Mental Profile/Personality: Rakhad counts no day truly lived or won unless he has have loved a woman, slain an enemy, and eaten a fine sugary meal. He is fearless and is controlled by a thirst for the simple pleasures of life. His passion and love of wine and women, joined with his lust for adventure, is unmatched by any of his peers. With a love for battle, he reveals an excited grin whenever confronted.

Rakhads morbid pursuit of thrill places him in precarious situations. He willingly fights enemies with just his claws and challenges foemen that are physically bigger and stronger than him without hesitation. It is the combination of his obsession for danger, nonchalant attitude against fear, gifted athleticism, and supremely honed fighting skills that allow him to stand victorious against his adversaries.

Despite his combat prowess, Rakhad takes time to sit and enjoy lifes beauties. Whether fine wine or a warm bed or a fine woman or all of the three combined. He takes pleasure to such a height that it would almost seem he knows nothing else but in truth to the wise eye one might see that Rakhad has had a troubled past and would seem to make up for his years of suffering by enjoying life at its fullest. He considers himself a freedom fighter.

Biography: Will be told slowly through the RP.

What is known about Rakhad is that he is a member of the Renrijra Krin, and before moving to Leyawiin his years were hard and troublesome and full of toil and suffering. He was involved in a heap of trouble from drug-trade, to smuggling, to going to prison and to be a pit-fighter for some rich lord. Some of his crimes were public knowledge but the biggest ones of monstrous quality were kept an elusive secret. Rakhad is widely respected among the Argonian and Khajiit community in Leyawiin and has many friends and allies in Cyrodiil.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Nov 14 2014, 03:39 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 8 2014, 01:58 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Hmm. Jar'Kai and Ataru, with a little bit of Vaapad mixed in? You really like your fighting machines, don't you, Dee Dee? tongue.gif (wink wink, nudge nudge)

The RP would start in Kvatch, being rebuilt. Our characters are hired by the Guard Captain, Aenius Gratian, to supplement his small squad of guardsman to rescue the kidnapped teenager in the Imperial Reserve.

(But if you guys, for some reason, don't like being hired by the local authorities, you could always us join us in a different way! Like stumbling upon our rescue party or witnessing where the Mythic Dawn went to... or something. I'll leave that detail to you guys. biggrin.gif)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 8 2014, 02:22 PM
Post #16

Master
Group Icon

Hey, this one is a Khajiit. He HAS to have some acrobatics involved . . . and its more Dimachaeri more than Star Wars . . . heh. And of course, is a proficient stylist of the Whispering Fang and other ES martial arts.

Also, hunting down bad guys? Yeah, I have another character that I won't be using as much. At least I hope.

I figured since the Empire is involved and hate for Mythic Dawn is on the rise, well, lets put a good guy in the mix.

Name: Cardius

Race: Imperial

Home Country: Cyrodiil

Faction and Rank: Politician. Court mage. Inquisitor. Nobleman.

Religion: Cardius carries himself as a worshiper of the Nine, particularly Stendarr. Those who work alongside him knows he has a dislike for certain Daedra, and he has a vast knowledge of all things Daedric as if he had been to an Oblivion realm and studied them there. His adversaries and competitors go to great lengths to taint his name by spreading rumors he worshipers certain Daedric Princes.

Skills: Athletics, One Handed weapons, Light Armor, Sneak, Hand to Hand, Destruction.

Appearance: Cardius has his hair short to where it was cropped as most Imperial males in his line of work. He bears a strong jaw, and is often seen without a smile or any positive expressions. Cardius keeps himself busy. Cardius is light colored. His face is rather plain, beardless and simple, very ordinary, with his only remarkable feature being his eerie eyes, which were pale like two Secundas. Paler than stone, as bright as flame. He has long, strong fingers.

Hair: Black. Cropped.

Build: Average. He is a tad bit muscular, but not too much. He stood six feet and was 178 pounds. He has no scars nor any distinguishing birth marks. Being a graduate from the Arcane University, he knew how to use his powers to heal himself when seriously injured.

Personality: Cardius is a mature and self-confident man who staunchly supported the Empire. As he grew up he was taught to face his problems head on and to face them without hesitation or reservation. This mindset led him into learning new things that would shape him into what he is in the present day. A man of utopian ideals.

As he matured in title, his mindset did not change but simply manifested into his acts. As in Inquisitor for the Empire, he had trouble in tolerating failure. This led the mundane soldiers despise him for his arcane antics and sense of superiority. Despite his shaky relationship with diplomats and other soldiers in the Empire, Cardius got along with the other branch in legion personnel, admiring them for their lack of cowardice and sheer mercilessness when it came to destroying an enemy under his command. Especially after the Oblivion Crisis.

He was seen by everyone around him as elegant, sophisticated, and educated. Others may see him as very aloof, very self-contained, evidently completely fearless. He is extremely intelligent, perhaps more so than most people. He's a man of immense power. Moral values do not enter into his head. He's not immoral, but rather, he's amoral. Morality is a word that cannot fit into his vocabulary at all. It's power.

Cardius throughout his life was a man with an a will of iron and very strong ambition, stoked in his youth by resentment at what he believed was a lack of respect for the accomplishments of his extended family. Cardius could show his charismatic and charming side if so desired, but would quickly be replaced by ruthlessness when required. In both cases Cardius projected a dominating presence, and was very, very persuasive, with an aura of command unmatched by his peers. He also cultivated his mental abilities as a young man, demonstrating a vast array of abilities in many disciplines, including languages. As a ploygot Cardius commanded Tamrielic, Ta'agra, Jel, Bosmeris and very little Orcish.

His reputation for a genteel yet cruel man increased twice fold. He became a staunch supporter of Mans place in the world, even if he believed himself above them. While he remained a dilettante of foreign arts antiques, he secretly hated most of what he perceived as the corrupt Mer in the High Council like Chancellor Ocato. He separated society into dual, distinguished categories; threats and assets.

The first standing for governmental powers and individuals that would hinder any of his hopes of personal advancement and otherwise would have to be eliminated and destroyed. The latter being for individuals who could aid, or simply be persuaded. By the time of the tension with the Mythic Dawn, or rather, long before, Cardius knew that the only response for the horrors and the injustices of the world was hate and anger. While often appearing as a civilized and genteel young man, he has no issues with torture or being held responsible for the deaths of various enemies, nor being leader of the clandestine atrocities behind the scenes of the Empire such as torture and executions.

Although he is a physical opponent for Mythic Dawn agents and tapped into ancient magic, he operates with as a cold and analytical mind. Whatever intensity he showed was a result of his purpose in completing his quest.

Through his sharp mind, Cardius was able to learn about individual Mythic Dawn agents and use their secrets against them. He studied the records of Daedric Cults but also have an understanding of their ways and traditions. Once in combat, he was not fond of showing mercy, having been tasked with judging and eliminating Mythic Dawn survivors.

Before the Oblivion Crisis even began, Cardius was also responsible and praised for his efforts against feral vampires in Cyrodiil, a small clan that had risen up which bloodlust and rampage was quelled before it even began.

Weapons: A fine sabre made of silver bearing Daedric filigree in the handle. He also has an ancient blades weapon, a katana.

Clothing: He wears a noblemans clothing when he is off-duty, the hallmark of a true aristocrat. A black and burgundy outfit with gold-trimmed shoes, and even up to date. Most of them came in shades of black, red and grey. He wears a crimson amulet around his neck and a few ruby rings which bedecks his fingers. He also owns a single black hooded robe. During his inquisitorial tasks he wore his robe which bore ancient symbols on it.

Magic: Racial powers and destruction spells.

History:

His history remains largely a mystery, but he is loved and respected by the people of Cyrodiil. He was a graduate at the Arcane University and was a valuable student, though he took to politics more than university affairs. He is a very close associate to men like Janus Hassildor, Chancellor Ocato, and Uriel Septim before his death.

Cardius is the scion of an honorable and revered family that could be traced back to Second Era during the Alliance War. He is known by the citizens of Cyrodiil to be a dedicated patron of Imperial bureaucracy and a distinguished legislator. Cardius began his life when he was groomed by his father who later died under mysterious circumstances, and he rose through the Imperial ranks with ease, enforcing his authority ever more without mercy and pursuing his destiny as the architect of absolute domination and power.

After the Oblivion Crisis, Cardius was chosen and plucked by the highest stations of Imperial power and authority to pursue the remnants of Mythic Dawn. He accepted his task. He confident that Tamriel's lingering pockets of Mythic Dawn sleeper agents will be brought to heel lured from their cradles of safety by intimidation . . . to face their "inescapable annihilation." He has a dark drive and hatred for Mythic Dawn Agents and their Daedric Lord that whatever attacks they launch, he retaliated three-fold.

The survivors of Dagon's cults are immediate danger the Empire, and he believes he must meet them with swift and brutal action. To bring down a band of Mythic Dawn agents responsible for kidnapping innocent civilians, Chancellor Ocato and the Imperial Council turned to their most formidable agent for help. Cardius is fearless, jus as he is remorseless and mysterious; coupled with tactical cunning and cold-blooded efficiency that he strongly believes will pave the way for the Empires supremacy in its most crucial post-Emperor/ Oblivion Crisis state . . . and its enemies extinction.

This post has been edited by Darkness Eternal: Nov 13 2014, 08:23 PM
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Nov 8 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #17

Paladin
Group Icon

So it looks like two characters from DE! Thatll help.

Uleni, would you be willing to serve as RP Master for this one then?

If so, how about a title? Kidnapped! or Mythic Kidnapping come to mind, but those are just a couple possibilities that seem related to the RP. Once a title is selected, Id be happy to rename this thread (via some mod magic) so it can serve as the RP planning thread. Since DEs char sheets are already up, thatll save reposting stuff.

Speaking of character sheets, Im tinkering with Buffys. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 8 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

Hmm. I don't know about being a GM, but sure, we can change the title! I for one vote for "Kidnapped!"

It's simple, straight to the point, and it ain't lollygagging about.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Nov 8 2014, 09:56 PM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Mythic Kidnapping sounds pretty neat... But in the end whatever floats your boat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Nov 10 2014, 12:11 PM
Post #20

Master
Group Icon

Just popping by to say that I'm currently working on my CharSheet and tweaking some of the plot. The sheet's almost finished; expect either later or tomorrow! Once we get all the sheets posted, then we'll start!

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:25 AM