4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Revival of Sutch Discussion Thread
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 17 2015, 06:28 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

Two years ago or so, Colonel Mustard and Uleni decided to launch a major roleplay that entailed exploring the underworks of the abandoned Fort Sutch. Things happened, and the roleplay fell apart right before our characters could even get into the front door.

Uleni approached me about continuing the roleplay, and I said sure, why not? I offered to help as well, since Colonel isn't very active, so as well as playing a character, I will be co-DMing this ridiculous thing. I will be typing up a character sheet guide as well as letting Uleni decide all what he wants to be shared as far as plot goes.

Same basic concepts here, though. Don't take control of another person's character (no grabbing/killing/controlling the area unless previously agreed upon by the player(s) in question) Don't be an instigator, and for the love of Mara, remember we are trying to do something we enjoy.

If you, for any reason, need to tap out of the game, and you know it's only temporary, let Uleni or I know and we can figure something out. If it's permanent, we'll figure something out for that as well. Don't be shy, and don't be embarrassed.

This is pretty important: There is no minimum requirement of characters for each response. You don't need to write five-hundred words every time you post, as long as it's about a paragraph(three to seven sentences) I'm implementing this rule because I don't know about y'all, but my son is starting school and we are homeschooling him, he's got doc appointments, I've got books I'm writing, chores I'm doing, plus I'm looking for a job. I do not have time to sit around and write a thousand words per post.

This WILL be turn based. If you do not post twenty-four hours after the last player posts, you forfeit your turn. If you miss three turns in a row, you're out. We may send you a message first to check on you, but if you haven't logged in for a while, you will get a "sorry to see you go" message and will be out. If you'd like to return, we can discuss it. It's not guaranteed, but we can discuss it.

If you have a suggestion, absolutely come to one or both of us and we can discuss it.

You don't have to have the character you had before. If you played with us the last time it was around, you don't have to use your same character. You can make a new one. I know I am. Unfortunately, I can't use Kayla anymore without revealing some spoilers in her story, so I will be using another one.

I think that's the basics, so without further ado on my part, here's the character sheet:

Name/Alias:

Race:

Gender(if applicable):

Alignment(if you wish to tell):

Equipment and gear(clothing falls under this as well)

Back story:

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Aug 18 2015, 07:18 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Liz dragged me back for this. I'll be here for this. I am here, back on this forum and it is all her fault.

We're all doomed...
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Aug 19 2015, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

I will be frankly honest. Seeing as how the last Rp threads went, I was sort of discouraged from participating under the fear that it will most likely die and be abandoned and real life will creep up on everyone else again and priorities will continue being priorities. I myself have been busy and rarely do I visits the forums unless I'm posting a chapter of my story and taking time to anonymously read other fics on here. But I am tempted....

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 19 2015, 12:41 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

That's why I'm heading the thing this time, not Uleni. And if someone stops posting, they are gone and I do not have time to play around with that lol

Also if Uleni would POST THE PLOT SO I KNOW WHAT IS OKAY AND WHAT IS NOT(HINT HINT LITTLE BOY) then I can get others from another group I'm in to hopefully sign up so there will be fresh blood in the game.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 19 2015, 08:20 AM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

@CC Lemon No.2: Oppa! Welcome back!

DEM PLOTZ (For Player Use)
It is the year 435, and the Third Empire lies sundered by the lash of Oblivion. The Ruby Throne lies empty, and the Elder Council is tearing their psyche apart trying to maintain order in the troubled Provinces. High Rock is openly rebellious, Valenwood is in a state of Cold War with itself; the western part of Valenwood belongs to ardent secessionists while the eastern half remains loyal. There are talks and rumours that the Aldmeri Dominion has risen again. Morrowind and Black Marsh are beginning to raid each other's territories, some say a prelude to open warfare. Elsweyr is having trouble from Maormer sea-slavers, and is petitioning the Empire for naval support; naval support which they are not receiving. Hammerfell and Skyrim are relatively peaceful, trying their best to support the Cyrodiils in maintaining the peace in Tamriel.

Strange then, that among all of these tumultuous events, the Expedition To Sutch gets the most media coverage, even in the other Provinces. It was almost as if unhappy Tamriel is willing to hold its breath just for the sake of watching the Expedition..

---

Oedipus Nebraska was a mercenary when he participated in the Defense of Fort Sutch during the Oblivion Crisis. He, along with several groups of sellswords, assisted the Fifth Legion in the closing of the Gates that popped out in the Imperial Reserve. Theirs was a lengthy campaign that culminated in the aforementioned Defense of Fort Sutch, and that final battle was almost mythic in the valour shown by the mortal protectors against the daedric interlopers. Oedipus himself was hailed as a hero when he took on and triumphed three daedroth and one Xivilai by his lonesome before being wounded by a volley of dremora arrows. He was taken to the safety of the Fort where he recuperated. The ending of the Defense passed him by when finally, after a long contest, the Gate at Fort Sutch was closed by, what witnesses say, "a blonde knight with burning eyes."

But while the glory of closing the Gate eluded him, it seemed that Oedipus was not idle while he healed. When interviewed by the Black Horse Courier, he said that he discovered in the bowels of Fort Sutch a massive series of underground tunnels that lead to an equally massive cavern full of chasms and other underground levels.

There were also creatures there, he said. Creatures previously unknown to Cyrodiil, and they were hostile to any that wasn't them. They were pale, red eyed, and almost similar to Goblins, but they were highly organized as they were highly hostile, and for weapons they used a chitin-like material that could cut through steel and iron.

This discovery invigorated his adventurous spirit enough that he chartered a Guild of his own through the monetary backing of several sponsors that were curious as he is regarding the shadows under Fort Sutch. He had his Guildhall built in the city of Anvil, and he has began recruitment through several mediums. He has contacted the Fighters and Mages Guild for a joint co-operation, and the two Guilds accepted. He has also made a deal with the Black Horse Courier to use them as a platform for advertisement, and all around Cyrodiil, couriers are handing recruitment pamphlets to those who are willing to brave...

The Shadows...

Under...

Fort...

SAAAAAACCCCHHIIIKOOOOOOOO.
-------------

Yep, the plot is the same as the previous one, with a few minor tweaks here and there. And like the previous one, this RP is full of twists and turns that'll make your head spin. *evil giggling*

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 19 2015, 04:59 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

Time to put your character sheets in!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Aug 19 2015, 09:18 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

Now with 50% less Mary Sue!

Name: Khan

Race: Khajiit

Alignment: Neutral/Chaotic Neutral

Equipment and Gear: Steel bastard sword, handaxe, banded iron armor(plus iron boots and gauntlets), covered lantern, 10 hours worth of lamp oil, 2 weeks trail rations, basic medical supplies (bandages, 5 applications of healing salve, strong alcohol)

Description: Tall, broad shouldered, muscular. Charcoal to light grey, with black barring. Hair done up in the mohawk from Skyrim, pierced ears with gold earrings. Wears his armour most of the time, always carries his sword at his side.

Backstory: Born into a Khajiit tribe in the Jerall Mountains, Khan became a sellsword in Bruma at the age of 16. Since then, he has been mildly successful as a mercenary and, occasionally, brigand. He seeks coin above all else, though he is not a cruel man, and will aid those who he sees as friends and allies.

This post has been edited by Rohirrim: Aug 20 2015, 02:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 20 2015, 06:18 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

Name/Alias: Lielle and Brielle Jolvenne

Race: Bretons

Gender(if applicable): Females

Alignment(if you wish to tell):

Equipment and gear(clothing falls under this as well)
Lielle carries, along with her clothing, which is always favoring a dark red, two staves, one that shoots a concentrated spray of fire, and the other that shoots razor-sharp spikes of ice. She wwears a rsilver and ruby pendant with a shield charm that can deflect an arrow but not something as large as a sword.

Brielle, along with her clothing, which seems to favor darker shades of blue, carries one large staff that has the tip carved into a rosebud that blossoms when it shoots electricity. (It resembles the Wabbajack, if any character could recognize it, but it is NOT the Wabbajack, nor has she seen it. She liked the rose design and the niftly blade that comes with it at the opposite end) She had a sapphire ring that has a shielding charm that makes it harder for swords and axes to slice her skin.

Between the two of them, they have an ample supply of potions, gems, scrolls, and parchment for note taking, along with the usual provisions. They both have a glass dagger on their hips with a paralyzing spell.

Skills: Lielle is talented with her staves, but her real skill lies in charm and conjuration. Brielle wields her staff like a weapon, making good use of the blade when the situation calls for it, as well as her glass dagger she keeps at her hip. She learned Restoration as well as Conjuration, relying on her skill to drain the life out of her opponents.

Both are adept as basic alchemy and extremely talented at necromancy.

Back story:
Lielle and Brielle Jolvenne we're born to Maurice and Victoria Jolvenne 27 years ago in a dank cave far away from modern civilization. Their mother died during childbirth, and though her spirit was gone, her body served the Worm King faithfully throughout the girls lives.

When they were sixteen, both pledged their bodies and souls to Mannimarco, vowing to uphold his ideals until their mortal usefulness had gone and he saw fit to allow them to join the undead.

Lielle and Brielle were marked as talented before they could even form words. Their sharp intellect was noticed at an early age, and began their training in Necromancy at the age of six. Both could raise a zombie at the age of ten.

It was for this reason that these two were chosen for a mission when they were twenty four to infiltrate the Mages Guild, blending in with the other students and gathering insider info. Lielle befriended influential students, while Brielle buttered up her professors in exchange for information about the inner workings of the guild. Neither were present for the slaying of Mannimarco, which was seen as a personal failing on their parts.

Grief stricken that their master had perished, the two sought to redeem themselves with the Order of the Black Worm by seeking a powerful relic hidden beneath the ruins of Fort Sutch. A relic that was rumored to have enough power to resurrect Mannimarco. On the way to the gathering, Lielle confessed to her sister that she no longer desired to resurrect Mannimarco and wished to return to the Mages Guild as a serious student. Nonplussed, Brielle promised her sister that she would ignore her failings as a student and allow her to continue in her company, knowing her sister would not abandon her to crawl around in ruins alone with strangers. Defeated, Lielle is continuing with her sister, despite her resignation from the Order. Deep in Brielle's chest, though, lurks a malicious plan for her sister.

This post has been edited by Elisabeth Hollow: Aug 20 2015, 07:46 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 20 2015, 07:55 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

So now we're only waiting for Callidus, the returned Colonel, and ... Me.

Okay, I'm actually getting really excited.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Aug 20 2015, 08:59 PM
Post #10

Councilor
Group Icon

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Aug 22 2015, 06:44 PM

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 21 2015, 03:15 PM
Post #11

Master
Group Icon

Here we meet one of Ylenno's old compadres. One of the members of his Krew. A Sistah from anotha Whoah. Partners in crime and all that. HEEHEE. Guys and girls. Meet....

"Nice to meet you; where've you been?
I can show you incredible things!
Magic, madness, heaven, sin...
Saw you there and I thought:
"By the Nine, look at that face!
You look like my next mistake..
Love's a game; wanna play?"
Oh, yes!

IPB Image

Name: Genericus Bloccus
Nicknames: Generic Bloke, Ginny, Ginny Blow, Ginblo, The Best Hand In Bravil For Only Five Septims (all nicknames courtesy of Ylenno)
Race: Nord
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual

Equipment: Genericus might be a painted narcissist overly concerned with his appearance and voice, but when it comes to his equipment he is practical as he is stylish. To accommodate his lithe body he wears a brown leather brigandine, etched with designs of tigers and maidens, over a light mail shirt. To facilitate smooth movement, he wears tight black pants reinforced with leather in vital parts and his knee-high silver colored leather boots are made from the tough skin of large serpents found only in Black Marsh. These boots are enchanted to provide a minor boost to his speed and stamina. His gloves, likewise, are of leather materials and they too are enchanted with magics; this time they enhance the muscles on his arms, so he can use his weapons with more power than he normally can. Over all of these he wears a large, fur-lined navy blue cloak.

His weapons include a pretty beat up silver longbow with a quiver of thirty steel arrows and a steel shortsword. For practical gear he has one small but snug bedroll, one week's worth of rations that are preservative and several healing potions. To while away boredom, he has a flute carved from Valenwood's trees.

Skills: Light Armor, Archery, Blade, Illusion, Restoration. He is not a master in his chosen vocactions, in fact he's not even an expert at them, but his grasp of marksmanship and swordplay is adequate enough to let him win a few battles and let him survive long enough to run in those in which he is overmatched. He is an accomplished healer and illusionist, but again, his skills on those are nothing to write home about. His most distinguished talent lies in the form of singing and the sexual arts.

SPELL LIST:

CONVALESCENCE: Restore Health 15 pts on target or touch
CALMING TOUCH: Calm 30 pts for 20 secs on touch
HEAL MAJOR WOUNDS: Restore Health 25pts on self
MOONLIGHT: Light in 30ft for 120 sec on self

Alignment: Neutral Good

Appearance: As befits a man overly concerned with his appearance, Genericus is vain and keeps a tight control on his body. He is not like the typical Nord; he is tall, yes, but he is lanky and what muscle he has are wiry and lean. He has a fair skin and an even fairer face with androgynous leanings; sharp-boned, angular, with thick eyelashes and a pair of green eyes that can promise several things. He keeps his raven hair long, in a ponytail, with a long bang covering his right face. He puts on a heavy make up, with rouge on both cheeks and red lipstick, and to complete the allure that he is indeed fay, he tucks a particularly large forget-me-not on his left ear.

Backstory: His life is a rhapsody of hardship, economic tribulations and self-destructive vices all too common with the lowlives of Bravil. He is a friend to that Sweet/S'Wit Darling Ylenno The Beloved Bosmer Fantasy of All, and like that HAWT Wood-Elf Genericus grew up in one of Bravil's orphanages. Abused and neglected by the skooma-addicted caretakers, and bullied by his fellow children for his ridiculous name and feminine behavior, Genericus found comfort in the presence of friendly courtesans working near his orphanage, who treated him as a pet. There, he was taught the refined arts of singing, the flute, and poetry, discovering that he had a natural talent for them. Pretty soon, he was playing for the brothel, drawing in customers that only wanted to hear him play, much to the amusement of his respected matrons. When he turned 13, he became friends with the young and rebellious Ylenno, his cool-headed sister Caelefensil and their group of wily rapscallions that rampaged through Bravil. Among the group, Genericus was the designated distraction since he abhorred violence. He would do theatrics or play his lute in order to gain attention so that Ylenno and the others would be unhindered in whatever pranks they did in their whims. His most memorable moment was when he began singing by the Lucky Old Lady; he became so caught in the emotion of his song that the crowd that watched him perform gave him coin for his act, unaware that Genericus was simply a distraction for Ylenno to rob them of their other valuables. Realizing that there could be a future for him as a bard, Genericus began plying his vocations with such a gusto that he began to drift away from the antics of his delinquent friends. It probably saved him from the tragedy that struck the group; Ylenno was abducted by the Orums to be made a killing machine, Caelefensil was pimped out by their caretaker, and the others with all their respective problems. With encouragement from the whores that raised him, Genericus set out for the Imperial City to make something out of himself and didn't look back at the city that raised him.

But if anything, it seemed that the Imperial City was much more depraved and unforgiving than the gangwar-torn streets of Bravil. There was no compassion among the lowlives there, and the world that Genericus entered was one where morality and conscience was absent. Pretty soon, Genericus was selling himself just to get by, for even his singing voice was deemed at best mediocre in a city full of famous bards. He also received discrimination and ridicule for his orientation from his customers; the Imperials looked down on those 'passive' in intimate acts.

This broke him. All of his resolve, his dignity, his hopes and dreams, darkened by the reality of his situation. He turned to drink and knife-fights, and focused less and less on his refined arts and more on learning the decadent secrets of how to pleasure a person. He was 17 when the true darkness of his situation came; one of his patrons tried to kill him. The man failed of course, but the damage was done. A particularly long slice across the throat ensured that his voice was not the same as it was. This, too, made a hollow shell out of the person that he was; he began to reason that if tragedy and pain was all there was for him, he would do good if he accepted them as the sole truth of his life. Suicidal and seeking more and more of pain, Genericus took on increasingly deviant acts until it finally became dull for him. On the path to a fast and undignified death, Genericus suddenly turned his life around and pursued himself to be a better man when he encountered a young and diseased courtesan. He became friends with this dying girl, and through her bravery and courage in the face of her incoming death, Genericus was inspired and found the will to turn his situation around and do something he was meant to do in the Imperial City; make something out of himself. He took all kinds of backbreaking but honest jobs; he became an apprentice to a carpenter, he became a paperboy for the Black Horse Courier and all kinds of odd rackets until he found himself in the employ of a small chapel. It was there that he discovered another of his hidden depths; his penchant for healing and illusion. The Primate there, a former witch-hunter, cultivated his skill along with the art of swordplay and archery. While Genericus was away from the Primate's lessons, he brought comfort to the chapel's sick with his voice, his healing art or the entertaining illusions he can conjure. When the educations of the Primate was over, Genericus found himself deciding to be a crusader of sorts. It wasn't enough that he would bring back joy and happiness with his refined arts; no, he would also beat back the darkness that would prey on the innocent with his bow, his sword and his spells.

This post has been edited by Uleni Athram: Sep 7 2015, 06:35 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 22 2015, 08:51 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

IPB Image

It seems that this party needs more tanky!

Name: Fudom Yoh
Nicknames: The Aprilstar
Race: Redguard
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Equipment: He wears a set of Hammerfellian heavy infantry armor (pictured above), and for weapons he has an iron halberd, a round shield of Dwemer material and a broad steel scimitar that is enchanted with armor-sundering magicks. For practical gear, he has a week's supply of rations, five coils of rope, a spade, several healing and restore-magicka potions and a ring that is enchanted with night vision.

Skills: Long Blade, Two-Handed, Alteration, Heavy Armor, Block, Athletics.

"Life is a dark forest where beasts must kill to live. In such a wood, it is better to be a tiger than a man."

As a former soldier of Hammerfell and a Blades Operative turned rogue, it is safe to say that Fudom is a martial monstrosity with the silent instinct of a merciless predator. He is absolutely ruthless and overwhelming in his offense which belies the almost serene expression he has whenever he is in a fight. He is an expert in swordplay, enough to combine the Akaviri swordsmanship favored by the Blades and the graceful, almost dance-like forms of the Shehai to one deadly style that is almost unstoppable for those who are unfamiliar with the subtleties of both forms. He has a lifetime of conditioning to support a long skirmish or a forced march through the desert, and his heavy armor is almost second skin to him with the way he moves around with it. He blocks physical blows with ease, and his grasp of the school of Alteration reinforces his defences. Born with the sign of the Apprentice, Fudom Yoh is a physical titan that has no answer for a sustained magical attack.

SPELL LIST:

Encumbering Touch: Burden 50 points points for 25 secs on touch
GUARD: Shield 30% for 30 secs on self
LIGHTEN LOAD: Feather 75 Points for 300 secs on self

Alignment: True Neutral

Appearance: Fudom is an impressive sight to behold, within or without his armor. He stands at the tall height of 6'5 and he has enough muscle on him to put a twang of envy to a Nordic warrior. His dusky skin gleams like ebony in certain lights, and there is a profound fierceness and pride to his expression even in times where he should be expressionless. He keeps everything about him in good shape and wastes no unnecessary frivolities to his person; he is practical to the extreme, and has no use for aesthetic trinkets, finding that they could hinder and attract unwanted attention. What strikes an onlooker with the most impact are his eyes; they are a very bright green flecked with orange, and when is in the throes of a berserker rage they are said to be cold chips of emeralds containing an unquenchable flame.

Backstory:
Fudom was born to a warrior's widow several years after the War of the Bend'r-Mahk. He grew up hearing tales and exploits of his late father, who was regarded as a master of the ancient and increasingly dying art of the Sword-Singers. At first he admired him, reveling in the admiration and respect granted upon him by being the son of a legend and a war-hero, but as he matured he found himself loathing the shadow that a dead hero cast upon his confidence and a standing as a man. Eager to get out of his father's shadow, Fudom enlisted in the armies of Hammerfell to carve his own destiny and fame. Through the determination he showed to his harsh trainers and the willingness to absorb whatever advantageous knowledge he could use, Fudom grew to be an excellent warrior that found few rivals throughout the army's ranks. But with superiority came the temptation of pride, and young Fudom fell easily. Hot-blooded, passionate and arrogant, Fudom became a merciless bully to those he considered inferior and a truculent braggart to those few who were greater than he. He became hated. The son of a respected legend was now a cocky brat.

It was in the peak of his physical might (and mental arrogance) that he would meet his mentor, his best friend, and eventually, his wife.

In the year 424, Fudom and three companies of his fellow Redguard soldiers were sent to quarrelsome city of Dragonstar to reinforce and maintain the troubled peace. For the civilians living in that city, the War of the Bend'r-Mahk never really ended. Divided in half with Hammerfell maintaining their hold on the west and Skyrim controlling the east, the city was a ripe ground for acts of terror and bloody subversion that kept both nations on their toes. One particular case, a small brawl between two soldiers that escalated to a district-wide riot, almost plunged the nations into war again. Peace talks commenced but the damage was done. Tensions were high. Many feared the rebirth of conflict. But for the hawkish and prideful Fudom, he saw war as ample chance to finally make a legend out of himself. It wasn't enough that he was the most dominant warrior in the whole army; no, he must be a war hero as well, a war hero that would eclipse any other figures of legend that would come before him. With the force of his personality and superior skill, he began bullying an army of the garrison's most bellicose warriors and launched a series of covert provocations that were answered with the increasing mobilization of the Nords. His final act would've been to raid and destroy several Nordic barracks and the materiel therein, were it not stopped at the last moment by an Imperial Blades Operative posing as a wandering monk of Talos.

Her name was Veta Casaminti Andromedala, and she was chosen by the Empire as the lead agent to monitor the persisting situation in Dragonstar. Catching wind of Fudom's plans through her network of informants, she gathered a small squad of Blades, marched right into where they were gathering, and demanded that they desist their operation and surrender themselves to Imperial authority. Cowed by the threat the Blades represented, and more than a little fearful by the fact that the Empire found out what they were doing, Fudom's forces laid down their weapons and deserted his cause. They were willing to shed Nordic blood, but to die at the hands of the Empire's finest simply did not fare well with their minds. Shocked and angered by the cowards all around him, and seething with hatred for the fact that his quest for glory was now ended, Fudom challenged Veta in a duel in a moment of supreme frustration.

It was a ridiculously one-sided affair in favor of the Blade, even though Fudom dragged the confrontation to two hours.

Spent, broken and humiliated in front of his own brothers with his first taste of defeat, Fudom requested death at her hands since he cannot live with the shame of his loss. Veta's response was to knock him out cold and turn him and his forces over to the joint custody of the Empire and Hammerfell. Denounced as terrorists, Fudom and the group that he had gathered were stripped of their honor as soldiers and were exiled from their homeland, forbidden to ever return. Numerous times Fudom tried to commit suicide to at least regain a small amount of honor from his crimes, but numerous times he had failed, not finding the courage to end his own life. Wallowing in self-hatred, Fudom wandered western Tamriel as a directionless pariah before encountering Veta once more. He attacked her, hoping to die against a superior warrior. Nut when he lay prostate before her, awaiting the death blow, she instead gave him an offer. He was an excellent swordsman, she said, for there few warriors in Tamriel who could stand against a fully-trained warrior of an ancient organization. And that same organization was now reaching out a hand towards him to give him purpose in life again.

Join us, she had said, and be greater than you ever were. Be not a hero of only Hammerfell, but a protector and champion of the whole Empire itself.

He agreed.

Through Veta, he had learned esoteric and forgotten forms of combat that only the Blades knew. He had even learned an effective imitation of the Way of the Sword-Singers studied by the Blade Masters to enhance their Akaviri swordsmanship and even passed an apprenticeship under a Alteration master through his innate but seldom-used grasp of Magicka. When his training as a Blade was done, he was stationed along with Veta to the newly opened island of Vvardenfell. It was there that they grew close and married after a long courtship.

The couple's task was thus; help Caius Cosades and his group with unraveling the Sixth House threat.

Disguising himself as a mercenary, wearing his old armor and giving himself a new name, 'The Aprilstar', Fudom gathered information about the House of Dagoth. Tragedy struck, however, when during a high-risk operation on stealing documents about House Dagoth from the archives of House Indoril, Veta was captured and jailed. The Empire denied her as one of its agents and left Veta to be executed, stunning Fudom and disenchanting him from the nation he served. Undaunted and determined, Fudom blitzed through the prison Veta was held and broke her out.

Together they defected from the Blades and escaped from Morrowind.

Chased by both bounty hunters hired by the Dunmer and troubleshooters from the Blades, Fudom joins the Expedition to raise gold while Veta lurks in the nation of Valenwood to find a suitable home where they could be hidden from hostile eyes.

This post has been edited by Uleni Athram: Sep 7 2015, 06:47 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Aug 23 2015, 10:47 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

This is completely different to what I originally said I'd play, but I've had a new idea that I've kind of fallen in love with. So yeah, here it is.

*Strikes pose*

Name/Alias: Jolus Jorelbar

Race: Dunmer

Gender(if applicable): Male

Alignment(if you wish to tell): Chaotic Good

Skills: Conjuration magic is his strongest arcane specialty, followed by destruction (see below for his full spell list). He has a very broad, though shallow, knowledge of academic subjects. He is outgoing and a people person. His other key skills are lateral thinking and being hella stylish.

Magic: Jolus is able to summon frost and flame atronachs, as well as scamps and clannfears. As well as this, he specialises in Destruction to a roughly apprentice level, and knows Snowball, Flare, Curse of Weakness and Minor Wound as his Novice spells and Weakness to Fire, Fireball and Hailstone and his apprentice level spells.

His primary magical ability, however, is based on the bonded ancestor spirit that he possesses. Unlike most dunmer, who have the ancestor spirit as a minor aid, Jolus possesses a far more powerful one which he has nicknamed Soule Musique. Soule Musique appears as a green humanoid figure the size of an adult, floating about a foot above the ground. Its body appears segmented, like some kind of mannequin, with smooth carapace-like skin over its body, and its face is a theatrical mask stretching in a broad mocking smile. Soule Musique is a powerful spirit, with unique abilities:
  • It can be summoned will, near-instantaneously, for a very small amount of magicka.
  • Jolus is able to perceive through Soule Musique’s senses, giving him excellent situational awareness when it’s summoned.
  • Anything Soule Musique touches with any part of its body, it can pull into a pocket Oblivion Plane. The plane is timeless, so anything that goes into it retains its exact temperature, velocity etc until released. Anything in there can be stored indefinitely.
  • The plane is (as far as Jolus can tell) infinite in its dimensions, but can only hold a total mass of 26kg of material at any one time. One kilogram of this is reserved for two bottles of Surilie Brothers 399, chilled to a perfect temperature of two degrees Celsius.
  • In order to pull items into its pocket plane, Jolus must will Soule Musique to do so; if he is unaware of an impact then it will simply strike and harm Soule Musique.
  • Soule Musique is bonded to Jolus, and when summoned can only move in a radius of approximately four metres around him. If it is at the limit of its reach when he moves, it gets pulled in that direction.
  • Soule Musique cannot manifest if Jolus has summoned any other creatures, nor can Jolus summon any creatures if Soule Musique is manifested.
  • Soule Musique cannot take 'chunks' of material into the pocket dimension with it, but instead must take the 'whole' (for example, it cannot carve out 25kg of an opponent's body, or hack 25kg of stone out of a wall). However, with a little cunning and precision it can remove specific components of an object (for example, the nails holding a cart's axels in place, or an individual brick within a wall).
  • It can switch between tangibility and intangibility at will, but cannot pull things into its pocket dimension while intangible and must not be obstructed by anything solid within it while turning tangible; if it tries to turn tangible with something inside it's banished back to Oblivion for a brief while, anything in its pocket dimension is chucked back out and Jolus is left feeling stunned and disorientated for a while.
  • While tangible, ordinary weaponry can harm Soule Musique, and if it takes damage it is forced back to its plane, again leaving Jolus confused and stunned. When in its intangible form, spells and magical/silvered weaponry can still hurt it.
  • It can move at immense speed and strike with surprising strength, but does not generally wield weapons, instead hitting with flurries of rapid punches.
Equipment and gear: Jolus possesses the usual accoutrements of an adventuring spellcaster; travelling gear, a steel dagger, three magicka potions, a pair of health potions and a few days’ worth of travelling rations.
He has eschewed the traditional robes of spellcasters for an ostentatious red velvet jacket, heavily enchanted in order to boost magicka, grant him a shield and also stop wear and tear from damaging the expensive velvet. He has a rakish feathered cap, again enchanted to be resistant to any wear and tear, but it serves no further purpose other than to look stylish. As well as this, he has a gold chain around his neck that is enchanted with a spell that slightly improves his movement speed.

Back story: Born and raised in the Imperial City by parents in the Arcane University, Jolus was destined to grow up as a mage. While he quickly proved himself to be one of the most intelligent students of his class and excelled in fields that he was interested in (specifically conjuration magic), he was lazy, inattentive and rebellious.

When not pulling pranks or generally being a pest, Jolus’ one aspiration was to be a battlemage. That fell through when the tutors flat-out refused to accept him, claiming he would never be disciplined enough. With that, Jolus simply packed his bags and left the Imperial City, joining a band of mercenaries called the Hawks.

His spellcasting was appreciated by his fellow sellswords, and outside of the Arcane University’s strict discipline Jolus felt much more at home, adopting a flamboyant, flashy spellcasting style that would make most mages grimace. As his ancestor ghost, Soule Musique, became more powerful, and as Jolus discovered its unique abilities, he began to incorporate it into his fighting style, surprising enemies with his unusual talent, ability for lateral thinking and his skill in predicting his enemies’ next moves.

Jolus left the Hawks during a feud over leadership, striking out on his own. He joined the Mages’ Guild for some work, but found that he was as ill-suited for it as ever. He now makes his living as an independent adventurer, tied down to nothing and nobody with little loyalty for anyone beyond himself. He’s hunted some vampires, duelled a few daedric cultists and had a particularly messy entanglement with a now-vengeful sorceress.

This post has been edited by Colonel Mustard: Aug 25 2015, 09:51 PM
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 23 2015, 11:36 AM
Post #14

Master
Group Icon

We are now complete, barring a few potential members who are willing to join and my second character's backstory. Once I complete his backstory, we may now begin.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 23 2015, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

Sorry for the double post BUT.

My 2nd character's backstory is finished so we may now begin the Expedition. First things first, though. Since this will be a turn-based affair, what sort of order do you guys want it to be? Should we base it on the order of when we posted our character sheets or should we do something else? What are your thoughts?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Aug 23 2015, 06:47 PM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

rollinglaugh.gif - Best hand in Bravil for five Septims, rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Aug 23 2015, 09:34 PM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Aug 23 2015, 12:47 PM) *

rollinglaugh.gif - Best hand in Bravil for five Septims, rollinglaugh.gif

Right? I nearly died laughing at that LOL

As for the turns, I suggest that it be Uleni, then Colonel, then myself, then Rohirrim, so the GMs are spread out a bit.

I think we should also give it one more day in case anyone else(COUGH COUGH DE) wants to stick a character in last minute.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Aug 24 2015, 10:54 AM
Post #18

Master
Group Icon

I'd be down with that order, I'm basically able to write whenever.
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Aug 24 2015, 11:43 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

Let's wait for Rohirrim's opinion before we start haha

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Aug 24 2015, 07:49 PM
Post #20

Councilor
Group Icon

*Slinks back into thread*

Name: Sinyon

Race: Altmer

Alignment:

Description: Tall, slender, and slightly pale. Gaunt, aristocratic features, icy blue eyes, and long brown hair pulled into a ponytail. Moves with the lithe grace of a hunting feline, and hides a mischievous gleam deep within his eyes, often complimenting a wry smile.

Equipment and gear: His only weapon is a Fine Madness Axe, Cutter, which carries a minor damage health enchantment. When in towns and cities, he wears expensive clothing(Black and Burgundy outfit, Green Brocade Doublet with green silk trousers, or his red silk robes). Beyond that he wears the Spellturn Cloak and Bladeturn Hood, the spoils of adventure. Carries a small pack, large enough only for his changes of clothes, pestle and mortar and alchemical components, and some basic travel supplies. Has various poison and potions stuffed into his pockets, and a few soul gems to keep his axe charged.

Skills: Sneak, Alchemy, Alteration, Conjuration, Destruction, Illusion, Mysticism. Solanis' combat style relies on chaos and confusion, summoning a dremora or atronach ally as a distraction, flickering in and out of visibility to reposition and attack, either with his axe, often poisoned for his first strike, or a Destruction spell. Alteration, Mysticism, and a little Illusion leaves him well covered in terms of utility.

Spell List:
Alteration: Water Breathing, Water Walking, Lighten Load, Open Average Lock.
Conjuration: Summon Dremora
Destruction: Wizard's Fury, level 15 version(His only ranged destruction spell), Kindling Touch and Electrifying Touch (spells from the Spell Tomes dlc)
Illusion: Blink(Spell Tomes again), Command Creature and Command Humanoid, Eye of Midnight.
Mysticism: Greater Life Detection, Soul Trap, Psychic Motion.
Custom: Surprise! 1 Second Light for 60ft, 10 seconds Invisibility, Summon Dremora(as spell)

Backstory: Born in the Imperial City, Sinyon's parents, both powerful Altmer mages, began training him in magic from a young age. Joining the Mages Guild was a natural progression from there, since Sinyon's parents were both members. Because of Sinyon's natural speed and agility, he was deemed a perfect candidate for training as a Nightblade. With his early training and Altmer heritage, Sinyon was taught to draw from more schools of magic than was typical for a Nightblade. As he surpassed other students in magic, and matched his fellow Nightblades for stealth, he became somewhat arrogant, a trait deemed inevitable by the other students, since he was an Altmer who have a tendency towards it. Between that and his reputation for being lucky, his fighting style became more reckless, but since he kept that reckless streak contained to combat, his instructors let it slide.

For more than two centuries he worked with the Guild, serving as only a Nightblade can. He led teams of Battlemages to wipe out vampire nests or troll dens, assassinated rogue mages seeking to become Liches, or spying on guild-members who played fast and loose with the rules. Sometimes he would be seconded to other organisations; assisting the Fighters guild in dispatching mystical creatures, infiltrating gangs for the Legion or city guards, and on occasion even the Blades made use of his services, most particularly during the Oblivion Crisis.

During Traven's reign as Arch-Mage Sinyon distanced himself from the Guild. He disagreed with Traven's belief that necromancy was evil, being a firm believer that magic was a tool and a weapon, and that the mind that directs it is what matters. It was only after the destruction of the Bruma guildhall that he began working against necromancers, though he did so without rejoining the Guild. After Traven's demise he wandered Cyrodiil, searching for any sign that Mannimarco was not dead, and any that had rallied to his call and remained in Cyrodiil.

Instead he found a party of rogue mages, formerly of House Telvanni, searching for an artifact of power. Working with a Morag Tong assassin, sent to eliminate the Commander of their force, Sinyon slew their leaders and scattered their band. He took the artifact to the Arcane University, to be secured in one of their vaults, and kept the robes of the Telvanni Arch-Mage for himself.

But his wanderlust did not end there, and he found himself drawn to a small island near Bravil, and the strange portal atop it. He remembers little of what occurred after that, mostly vague images and feelings, his only true memory being that he did not journey there alone, though his companion did not leave with him. He knows that he is not quite the same person that he was before he entered the portal, though whether he gained something or left part of himself behind he cannot say. The only solid legacy he has of that trip is his axe. He's not sure how he got it, remembering only a beautiful Bosmer woman and blood, but he feels some great draw to the weapon, that he has named Cutter, which replaced the shortsword he had been trained to use.

This post has been edited by Callidus Thorn: Sep 5 2015, 09:58 AM

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:18 AM