2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Shadow Under Fort Sutch (2015), RP Playground Thread
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 8 2015, 07:10 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

"Flowing Bowl sounds good to me," Jolus said. "To be honest I'm famished quality food will be wasted on me right now. I say we save the Athram's and Uleni's places for our victorious return when we've got plenty of gold to spend."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 11 2015, 02:55 PM
Post #22

Councilor
Group Icon

Sinyon couldn't keep himself from laughing. "This talk of lighting the darkness sits ill with me Carnistir. Those that seek to bear light into dark places make fine targets of themselves in the process. Speakin as someone who has delivered his fair share of sunless deaths, I can tell you it is not something that most survive."

He then noticed Carnistir's wary posture. "This area is thick with bandits Carnistir. Stay tense like that and you'll just wind yourself up too much to fight. Should we be attacked I doubt they could pose a genuine threat to us. You saw how their last effort ended."

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Sep 12 2015, 01:29 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

THE TWINS

They would've reached the Flowing Bowl in record time were it not for the traffic that clogged up the Guildhall. The chaos that gripped the marble halls were orderly in a way; there were a handful of Arcane University Battlemages conversing with a group of spellswords about the finer points of their combat magic; in the corner near the doorway was a regal Dunmer having an animated discussion with three people holding potions; a legion of apprentices were coming in and out bearing burdens of their menial tasks.

Then there were the mercenaries and the freelancers. It was safe to say that their numbers were positively infinite and Carahil, along with two other high-ranking magicians, were having trouble keeping them in line for their assorted businesses. A majority of them were here for potions, but some had more elaborate requests like enchantment, spell-learning and scroll shopping. With these throngs of humanity blocking their way, the twins and the Dunmer faced a challenge.

Trying to keep hands off of places she wouldn't want, Brielle turned and looked at her sister and Jolus.

"Let's try the backdoor," she yelled over the din of the crowd, but wasn't sure if they heard her.

----
GENERICUS
--
Khan was relatively silent as they made their way to the Mages Guild so it was Genericus who provided most of the silly banter. People looked strangely at the sight of them, a lanky Nord clinging to a muscled Khajiit, but Genericus paid them no mind as he would to the cobblestones beneath his feet. When they finally managed to make their way around the massive crowds of people and arrived at the Mages Guild, Genericus found his hopes for a cure to be dashed against the rocks. There was no way he would get one with a line like that. He looked at the silent Khan.

"Let's have that lunch first then. Pretty sure the line would ease up after a few hours."

FUDOM
----

"Being cautious always helps," Fudom replied. "To have bandits attack one such as you in the middle of the road - in broad daylight, no less - implies that such outlaws have grown particularly strong in this area. And criminals, as we all know, flock to each other like cockroaches. I really don't think that those five would be the last we shall see of these lowlives."

Somewhere, far in the distance, there was the howling of wolves that whispering along the shrieking wind. It was noon now, and the dusk as yet far off, but Fudom can't help the strange feeling that night was about to fall on the two of them...

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Colonel Mustard
post Sep 15 2015, 10:28 AM
Post #24

Master
Group Icon

Jolus surveyed the melee that had formed in Mages' Guild as crowds of mercenaries and spellswords jostled around, craning his neck while the twins tried to find a way through.

"Let's try the backdoor," Brielle suggested, shouting to be heard over the noise of the crowd.

"No need," Jolus said. "For I-" He adjusted his cap, sweeping it forwards so that its brim, somewhat askew, now rested above his eyes. "-have a plan. Soule Musique!"

The spirit materialised in a burst of energy, its legs disappeared as its midriff hovered a foot above Jolus' shoulders. This being the Mages' Guild, Jolus' little stunt got him less attention than it normally would, but he took it in his stride.

He pointed, his finger sweeping out towards the front door.

"Clear us a path!" he ordered.

Soule Musique did just that. Jolus' method was both subtle and intrusive, deftly handled and utterly tactless at the same time. The spirit he commanded turned intangible, stepped ahead of them and began to walk through people.

In moments, a path began to form before the three mages as people recoiled from the most intensive invasion of their personal space they had ever experienced. There were curses and cries of dismay as Soule Musique passed through bodies or seemed to inexplicably step through people, and Jolus saw one hefty nord, armoured in plate and furs and wielding a battleaxe the size of a child, break down in tears as the spirits hand and wrist passed right through the centre of his face. That was enough to get the rest of the crowd anticipating the spirit's intention and splitting an obliging course right to the door of the Guild, which Soule Musique pushed open and held for them.

"Here we are," Jolus said. "Into Anvil itself. Ladies first."
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Sep 16 2015, 08:21 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

Khan was grateful for the cool (albeit damp and slightly vomit-scented) atmosphere within the damp flagstones of the Flowing Bowl.

"Can I ask you something, Genericus? Why in Oblivion is everything in this city built out of stone? I mean, can you imagine the cost to transport all of this? And don't even get me started on the whole tiled roofs thing."

He searched the room for a bartender or...what was the Breton word? Maker Bee? Sure, why not.

"Hey, you, there, two!"

An obviously exhasperated Bosmer turned from wiping tables.

"We've only got tables of four or more."

"Ah, doesn't matter so long as you've got them."

Khan pulled out a well-worn wooden chair for his dining companion.

"You know what's good, right? Order for me, I'll grab some drinks.

He walked off toward the bar, shoving his way through the noonday throng.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Sep 17 2015, 08:58 PM
Post #26

Councilor
Group Icon

"One such as me? What did they know of me, Carnistir, when they attacked? A well dressed individual, alone on the road? Surely a tempting target for them, with so many of late traveling to Anvil in larger groups for the Expedition. Perhaps too good to pass up? Desperation seems more likely the cause of their boldness. Five of them were not enough to trouble me, even though they had the advantage. If that is a measure of their strength, then I doubt we have anything to worry about.

Even if they should be bold enough to attack, how many would they need to threaten us?"

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Sep 18 2015, 08:45 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

There was one person among the gathering of humanity that took a special interest at the show of power Jolus displayed. The sprite he summoned was beyond anything they have ever seen, and the magical properties it showed told them that this was magic of a different sort from the School of Conjuration. It could pass through flesh and bone, but could be solid and interact with objects at will (the fact that the green sprite held open the door almost shocked them into silence; no mere spirit could be powerful enough to be tangible like that). The appearance was strange too, and the inherent scent of Oblivion one could always smell when encountering the Conjured was... mixed on this one. Its scent was of ozone and sulfur, but it had an aftertaste of ash as well. Sinister calculations and serpentine thoughts flashed behind their eyes, and there was a slight quirking of their lips when they regarded the Dunmer's companions. It was interesting, to say the least, that such a pair's inherent darkness wasn't sensed by the Guildmages at all. Either Carahil's get were lowly incompetents or the two redheads were powerful in disabling suspicions of them. No matter. They have finally found a worthy wizard of Their Lady's attention and the power this elf wielded could prove useful in their quest. Worm-warlocks or not, the redheads would have to do as well. The person looked at Jolus once more.. And giggled. Your fate is sealed, the person thought, as they quickly vanished among the sea of apprehensive people. My society would have fun using you.

Lielle and Brielle for their part, didn't see or sense the sinister stranger as the two sauntered off to the sights of sea-sang Anvil. Lielle bit her lip in embarassment as she walked, even ssparing an emphatic glance at the bawling Nord while Brielle walked imperiously, posture-straight, her face neuitrally blank. Stares followed their backs. When the noonday sun greeted them with a slight harshness of its rays, Brielle took the lead to the Docks while Lielle conversed with Jolus.

"My.. hypotheses regarding Soule Musique has urged me to look to... other spirits as well. Namely, conjured animals. If, in theory, our ideas regarding the fusion of Soule Musique and a synthetic body would work seamlessly, then it stands to reason that it could also work on beasts as well. Its just an idle thought of course but... Can you imagine the ascendant abilities of a horse if it has the mind and will of your spirit? You would not need horse-training nor a saddle to ride him. What about wolves? Bears? Birds, for instance, could give you a more clear view of your surroundings! The possibilites are positively endless!"

When the trio finally circumnavigated through the sea of armored adventurers and hassled citizenry and arrived at the Flowing Bowl, the twins, to their dismay, found that the building was packed to the brim. The air inside was cool thanks to the seasize breeze and the fact that the door and windows was kept open. Nonetheless the scent inside was more than a little offputting. But this place was cheap, so what can one do? The two Bretons scanned their surroundings and found that all the tables were occupied by a party of six or more. There was no middle-ground here. With so many people to serve and not enough places to accomodate them, the Flowing Bowl enacted a policy that tables ... must be shared. Strangers or no. This put quite a damper on the trio's plan on conversing about their new little project. No matter. They would just have to continue their talks elsewhere after they have had their meal. Lielle spotted a pair of men conversing at a table that was too large for them. Since no one else joined them yet, the twins reasoned that they were simply two people on a table that just happened to be for six. The more muscular of the duo, a Khajiit, pulled a chair for his companion before bumping his way towards the counter. The twins looked at each other. Brielle nodded. They approached.

"Excuse me but could we trouble you on sharing this table? All the others have been taken." Brielle smiled a beautific smile at the Nord, eyes flashing.
------

GENERICUS
-----

The Nord considered his companion's sudden curiosity. Truth be told, he wasn't the best person to ask about the intricacies of architecture and ecomony related to it, but he guessed the cat was just trying to fill empty space with friendly banter.

'It probably has to do with all the sea-spray and coastal storms a port-city like Anvil would have," Genericus reasoned, his voice a little bit bored. "Wood would rot quickly under those circumstances; better to have rock-hard stone to resist that kind of thing." There was an innuendo in there somewhere, the sultry part of Genericus' mind thought. He sat on the chair Khan chivalrously pulled for him and considered the Flowing Bowl's menu (along with searching for the missing innuendo) when their table was approached by a pair of twins and a dunmer. He gave them the critical once-over. Both of the women were beautiful in the way of those with Western blood and Genericus would go on a limb to say that these two were Bretons. Their features were angular and sharp, just like the dark elf by them. The robes they wore were of contrasting colors and generally complimented them well. They both had a glass dagger at their hips. The elf on the other hand was dressed like a scoundrel. The confident swagger, the air of superiority... Yes. A scoundrel indeed. He had a nice hat though, and it went well with his tunic and his golden necklace. The fashion-aware side of Genericus approved.

When he finally finished his nano-second examination of them, Genericus smiled back at one of the twins. He was pretty sure this one tried to come on to him, using her charm to secure a seat. It was a technique he knew well since he used it himself.

What the hell, Genericus decided. The more the merrier, anyway.

"Me and my partner would be honored," he declared in his most femine voice. He gestured to the empty seats. "Please, have a seat. I was just about to order a plate of Mudcrab rangoon; you are welcome to eat with us. I'm Genericus, by the way."

He looked at them.

"And you are...?"

"Brielle," the one in blue said, seating herself with grace.

"And Lielle," the other finished with a smile, this one more warm and genuine than her counterpart's. "Thank you for having us, by the way. Some of the people here don't look too friendly to share tables with civility.' Genericus laughed and nodded, then looked expectantly at the Dunmer.
---------------

FUDOM
---------

Fudom didn't reply at all at Sinyon's lengthy reply. The sense of approaching danger positively made his hands itch, and when the first volley of missile thudded all around them, he almost sighed in relief at the prospect of finally shedding blood. He immediately took to one knee to make himself a smaller target, drew his scimitar and shield, and took in their surroundings, trying to find their ambushers. He narrowed his eyes. They were surrounded on both sides of the empty road. There were four on their right side, a motley band of lean thugs that wore facemasks to conceal their identities. On their left were three beefy men that wore iron as well as leather, and they had ferocious iron masks that were human expressions of pain or anger. All of them had a mish-mash of crossbows, bows and javelins, as well as personal weapons ranging from shortswords to great mauls, and upon their shoulder blades were grey armbands that had the symbol of a black eye and gaping maw.

The fact that the assault had been done in such a sudden fashion -without the two of them noticing no less!- led Fudom to believe in two things, both of them not good. One; they were skilled enough on naturally camouflaging themselves to fool a pair of experienced warriors such as Fudom and Sinyon. Two; they used Illusion magic to blend in on their surroundings. He was more inclined to believe the former, but could not rule out the possibilty of the latter. Road agents these days were getting crafty in their arts.

That was all he could think of in his nano-second examination when the second volley hit them, this time much more accurate. The majoity seemed to focus more on neutralizing the Altmer, as along with arrows Fudom felt the malignant missiles of Silence loosed at the elf. but that was no consolation given the fact that he himself now had several bolts stuck on his mail and shield. It did not penetrate lethally, but it hindered him all the same. Fudom growled.

The distance he had to close just to get to either side was not inconsiderable, and to charge one side would leave his back open for the other to shoot at.

But to stay in one position would be foolish as well. While the bandits were at the midst of reloading and re-arming themselves, Fudom charged at the beefy group of outlaws, his massive steps allowing him to get in tackling distance before suddenly rolling to their left. When he got back up, shield raised, the whispers of arrows passing his head by told him that some of the brutes missed. Some. A crossbow bolt smashed against his helmet and while the steel of his equipment held, the blunt force almost blinded him in pain. He fought through the white haze and when his vision cleared he saw that all three of them were now upon him, sword and axe and mace in hammy hands. With the eagerness of a tiger Fudom engaged them, but took care to drag the duel away from the road, forcing his opponents to leave their backs pointed at the ambush site. At least with this arrangement of positions, Fudom would be protected from further volleys from the other group.

The opponents he faced were cut from a different cloth than the usual ruffians Fudom faced. They were no fools in close-quarter melee, and knew enough of team tactics to keep Fudom on the defensive. The one with the mace was particularly skilled. He was savvy with his strikes, going low to allow others to strike at the opening he caused, then sweeping back up in cadence with the wide swings of the axeman. The axeman himself had a few tricks up his sleeve; namely, magic. He had coated his left fist in a combination of ice and lightning, and he pistoned a crackling punch everytime his weapon crashed against Fudom's steel. The wretch with sword, in contrast to his fellows, was more calculating and baleful in his attacks. Like a serpent he lashed out at Fudom with alacrity, then mixed it up with feints and lunges. All in all, they made a troublesome trio for the massive Redguard, but his experience and training evened things out, and the four found themselves matched. The bandits with their numbers and gimmicks, Fudom with his quality training and bestial prowess.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Rohirrim
post Sep 23 2015, 09:11 PM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

Khan returned, bottle of rum in hand. He stopped in surprise, nearly spilling the liquor, when he saw the other people seated at what he had formerly understood was to be a two-person table. He cautiously sat down next to Genericus.

"So, who're these fine folks? I do hope they're paying for themselves, eh?"

A grin split his feline face.

"I'm Khan, nice to meet you. I'll have you know my friend here doesn't choose dining companions lightly, so you must be an okay sort. Rum, anyone?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 03:22 AM