6 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Quest to Njaal's lost brewery Discussion , Discussion thread
Tellie
post Mar 14 2016, 07:14 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Whelp, I'm back after a VERY lengthy hiatus and was saddened when I looked in at the RP forum and saw that there'd been no activity for over a year. SO I decided to start this thread, both as a way of finding out jsut how many people here are interested in starting up a new RP, as well as come with decent tips/ideas/desires so on and so forth...I'll just start shall I?

Tellie wishes for: BIG RP, meaning that we'll not have to restrict ourselves to one tiny city, or region so on so forth. At least an entire province if not more, while I love MW and Skyrim provinces I'd love to partake in an RP set in Summerset Isles or High Rock.

I'd also like for everyone to make their charaters the way he/she wants to make said characters, (previous experiences have taught me that even the 'op' chars get into trouble more often than not). Making your char the way YOU want to makes it easier for you to participate, and as such let all of us have fun, still no God modding though, or I'll have to bribe Minque to bring the Banhammer (I have hugs and brown cheese for you Minque if it ever comes to that biggrin.gif )

Lastly and MOST importantly is for everyone to have fun doing this. So please, those who are interested in starting up a new RP come together and let's make a story.

-Tellie out.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 15 2016, 02:21 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

I'll join. Sounds interesting. I'm in.

Sadly, RP's don't last long here. Not many members, you see.

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 15 2016, 08:37 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

With Liz and Colonel Mustard gone, and I'm not too sure about Uleni, I don't know that this'll get anywhere, unfortunately.

But I'm a sucker for attempts to kick this section back to life, so count me in.

--------------------
A mind without purpose will walk in dark places
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 15 2016, 09:31 PM
Post #4

Paladin
Group Icon

Hi Tellie! Wonderful to see you back and trying to breathe some life into our RP section.

Although Ive written a rather fair amount of fanfic, Im quite the novice at RP. Ive only participated in two both here at chorrol. And both ended the same way, as too many players faded away from each RP for us continue.

Being an optimist however, I am certainly interested in participating in another RP where players can, hopefully, stay the course. My one and only character is a mystic archer. She plays well with others in a supporting role and can fit readily into most any party. Based on your first post, it sounds that you (like me) are interested in a TES-based RP.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 16 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

Hmm, well at least we have a start of 4 people biggrin.gif
To kick off why don't we all chip in with suggestions and/or desires. I'll go first.

Timeline: Either in the years between TESIV and V or perhaps a few years after Skyrim (if we go by Stormcloak victory then Tamriel could REALLY be in turmoil)

Provinces, MW/Skyrim or Cyrodiil/Skyrim/MW. I doubt Summerset Isles would be the best place considering the nazi like state of things there atm. The only people I could foreseeably see in Summerset other than slaves would be fellow members of the dominion.

'Main Quest'...figure something out as we go along? Haven't thought about that atm. Good starting point would be the classic D&D fashion of our (un)lucky heroes meeting in a dodgy tavern somewhere and forced to work together as events conspire outside of their control.

No 'Dovakhiin' characters...the Dragonborn in Skyrim is supposed to be the last one for a reason, having a bunch of characters then running about shouting thuums left right and centre would be a bit foolish.

Name: No clue really, lets try to agree on at least a basic plot, time/place of start first at the very least.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 16 2016, 01:59 PM
Post #6

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Callidus Thorn @ Mar 15 2016, 08:37 PM) *

With Liz and Colonel Mustard gone, and I'm not too sure about Uleni, I don't know that this'll get anywhere, unfortunately.

But I'm a sucker for attempts to kick this section back to life, so count me in.

Liz is gone?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 16 2016, 04:05 PM
Post #7

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, she left a while back, after a post in the Coffee Shop thread.

As for the rp;

I'd prefer something set closer to Oblivion than Skyrim. I'm a sucker for Telvanni characters, and they're somewhat scarce by the time of Skyrim.

Another rp in Skyrim? Seems they're in every forum I go on. At this rate I might have to go against my decision not to buy the game, just to see where everyone's rping laugh.gif But, Morrowind's on the list, so I'm happy biggrin.gif

As for the plot, what sort of scale are we talking about here? The big, Elder Scrolls events of the games, or something smaller?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 16 2016, 05:17 PM
Post #8

Master
Group Icon

Morrowind sounds nice. But Telvanni? We don't need their scum! I'd vote for a timeline closer to Oblivion, too. And Tellie, also be aware that we don't need a huge-scale crisis to RP in. Something small and contained suffices. If we chose Third Era Morrowind, will it be before, during or after the Oblivion Crisis? If we do agree to go there, after all?

I'd prefer small-scale, but big scale doesn't shy me away either.

I choose either Morrowind or Cyrodiil. If we roll with Cyrodiil(depending on the timeline) I might just have to add a sixteen unexperienced farm boy tongue.gif

If we go to Morrowind, well, things might be more adventurous there . . . in that ugly, ashy, Dark-elf filled land.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 16 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #9

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 16 2016, 04:17 PM) *

Morrowind sounds nice. But Telvanni? We don't need their scum!

QUOTE(Tellie @ Mar 16 2016, 07:48 AM) *

My Telvanni heart agrees with your tactics XD

whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 16 2016, 06:55 PM
Post #10

Paladin
Group Icon

Id be fine with anything TES, Im sure. That said, I do have a few thoughts

I join DE in urging that we consider a small scale / limited mission RP. Given chorrols history with RPs I should think we might fare better with a smaller / shorter RP. Perhaps if we get a successful completion under our belt, it might improve the chances of success with a more ambitious project?

As far as location, I am most comfortable in either Cyrodiil or Skyrim.

Buffy can travel time rather freely, so which era is not critical to us.

The (apparently) common start of adventurers meeting in a tavern seems effective and flexible to me. Bear in mind that as an RP novice, such a tried and true starting venue is still new and fresh to me.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 16 2016, 07:37 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 16 2016, 05:17 PM) *

If we go to Morrowind, well, things might be more adventurous there . . . in that ugly, ashy, Dark-elf filled land.

Sharpens knife . I Do hope you don't paint all Telvanni with that brush.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post Mar 16 2016, 07:48 PM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tellie @ Mar 16 2016, 07:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ Mar 16 2016, 05:17 PM) *

Sharpens knife . I Do hope you don't paint all Telvanni with that brush.

Don't worry, it was a tease. I do have Telvanni characters in my stories, and I find them interesting.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 16 2016, 07:54 PM
Post #13

Mouth
Group Icon

Wel you guys have given me something to work with so I shall do me best to cook something up. For now I'll make a character thread at least so that everyone can post their character.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Callidus Thorn
post Mar 16 2016, 08:56 PM
Post #14

Councilor
Group Icon

Y'know, I'm gonna have to throw together a Telvanni character. Either a Sorcerer or a Nightblade, haven't decided yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 17 2016, 03:53 AM
Post #15

Master
Group Icon

SAY NO MORE

[ULENI HAS JOINED YOUR PARTY]

I have been waiting for this.

Quality RP with quality folks. No more shall I partake in low level RPs in other sites where the main focus is sex between hormonal characters.

I thank you, mistress Tellie, for giving us the breath of life yet again. Hail, Giver of Life! Hail, Mistress of a New Dawn!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 17 2016, 04:00 AM
Post #16

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Mar 17 2016, 03:53 AM) *

SAY NO MORE

Quality RP with quality folks. No more shall I partake in low level RPs in other sites where the main focus is sex between hormonal characters.

I thank you, mistress Tellie, for giving us the breath of life yet again. Hail, Giver of Life! Hail, Mistress of a New Dawn!

You're more than welcome Uleni, it seemed the proper thing to do when I slunk back in guiltily after a two year hiatus to try and do something productive...

There are OTHER forums where the main focus is getting...'cuddling' from other characters???

Well I'm off...

*disappears*
XD

Seriously, I too have missed doing proper RP ('in-game' RP on ESO or SWTOR just doesn't cut it)
Now we just need to entice more people (or poach them from other forums)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 17 2016, 04:03 AM
Post #17

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tellie @ Mar 17 2016, 12:00 PM) *

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ Mar 17 2016, 03:53 AM) *

SAY NO MORE

You're more than welcome Uleni, it seemed the proper thing to do when I slunk back in guiltily after a two year hiatus to try and do something productive...

There are OTHER forums where the main focus is getting...'cuddling' from other characters???

Well I'm off...

*disappears*
XD

Seriously, I too have missed doing proper RP ('in-game' RP on ESO or SWTOR just doesn't cut it)
Now we just need to entice more people (or poach them from other forums)

Dude. Be cautious.
The way they do it is atrocious.
So icky and so yucky that it gives me a sense of malodorous depression-us.

Ugh.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 17 2016, 04:11 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

...thinking back to the moments where I've been unfortunate enough to stumble across some ERP in an MMO you're probably right *shudders* Zank ze True Tribunal zat we do not allow such zhings 'ere (what do you think? Do I have a future as a Breton? I always thought of them as the 'French' of TES)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post Mar 17 2016, 04:29 AM
Post #19

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Tellie @ Mar 17 2016, 12:11 PM) *

...thinking back to the moments where I've been unfortunate enough to stumble across some ERP in an MMO you're probably right *shudders* Zank ze True Tribunal zat we do not allow such zhings 'ere (what do you think? Do I have a future as a Breton? I always thought of them as the 'French' of TES)

... Tu est terrible Francaisse! Non non non non. Baguette Paris c'est la vie et liberite et egalite. Bonjour, mademoiselle? Bonjour mademoiselle. Mon petit chapeau est magnifique! Baguette baguette.

HAHAHAHAHAHAno

Ay em a propheshonal Phrench lingueest, Ay'll hahv you noh. End you hahv noh footoor az a Britown.

In character discussion though, I'm thinking of creating a very, very useless (combat-wise) character that'll probably serve as baggage to the party. You know, who always gets in the way and depends upon the superior skill of the others. More interaction-focused than a concentration on uber, godlike skills on the battlefield lol

--------------------
+Quote Post
Tellie
post Mar 17 2016, 04:36 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

Yu just be carfuul or aill sik my mse on yu. Te mse is a natural predetor of my contri nrvey and carries hrdes of berded vikings wik hug battel akses in deir hands. Te legenderi mse kavaleri of nrvei is famus in te world.

And please, make your char like you want (I know for a fact that you can do a VERY good job at making a baggage char that in some way or another proves useful)

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:52 AM