2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> THE LIST
incongruousness
post Mar 22 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #1

Associate

I would like to see these suggestions in OB:

1) People run with fear of your reputation if you have a super high bounty instead of just not offering service to you. Like they would say something like "is that that murderer, OMG it is, RUN AHHHHHHH", also they shouldn't run like idiots into the woods or unsafe areas, they should run into there houses and lock there doors or into the nears fort or garrison. They would also return when they thought you have left.

2) More realistic stronghold control; I mean like have mercs to guard your stronghold against random level based attacks from other houses and other situations; in mw there were like the dwemer robots for the telvanni one, and guards for the other forts but nothing ever attacked, even if a monster followed you to the telvanni guards they wouldn't attack. Also have fast travel to and from your fort and perhaps discounts on potions and arrows and gear so that youll actually want to stop by your fort to pick up stuff, maybe also a loot bin for like storage.

3) Anonymity; as in since your almost wholly coverd by armor you shouldn't be imediately recognized by people untill you like talk to them or take off your helmet.

4) Active merchant caravans that travel from town to town to allow low level characters the job of protection while traveling to and from cities and to raid for money and items if you choose to.This would be okay i guess if they made the caravans leave at a specific time so that you couldn't just spam the run from the two closes towns to get UBER 1337.

5) A sort of system where after a while people in town who have moved on or died or are gone for any reason can be replaced in time.(This is basically for bad people who want to live the bad way and continually kill people for increase in wealth.) I dont mean that two npcs get together and make love and have kids... i mean like a random guy or merchant would start to live there and he would have like moved there from another province or something like that.

6) Also some monsters that actually are smart and roam around, as in like a group of goblins that use strategies such as retreat and charging and have primitive weps that you can pick up. Also some monters that can actually take a few townsguard such as the "12)" ones.

7) Recent ruin... there aren't any ghost towns or burning houses or ruined forts in MW (cept frostmoth) but the dmg looked ridiculus it was like a pack of werewolves came in and fought with the guards and then for no reason at all, all the walls fell down.

8) Melee weapons that are normal objects such as a chair or a bottle or lute (since you cant use the damn lute to play music)

9) Skills which make rogues, a character that you'd want to play (I am aware that the Dev's said they would make all classes balanced but here are just some suggestions), such as a skill like sneak where it was more like a stance except for this would be like "Deadly precision" so that it would either give short blade weapons a great damage bonus so that you would want to use them, or a resonable percent chance to kill instantly anyone within a certain level of you. Also stealth skills such as "Knock unconcious" or "8)"

10) A bettter way to heal at higher levels such as scrolls that heal you greatly, weigh basicly nothing and cost a lot

11) An areana like in MW except you can bet on fights and participate in fights with randomly created badasses (suited to your level and class) or a tournament for riches or rare items. Also heros from there respected towns so if you defeat them the people there will not like you as much and they would talk about there victories, just as we talk about sportstars.

12) A rare creature every once in a while, an analogy would be like you traveling through the mountains and a yeti attacks you, except in OB it could be like a Chimera or Griffin, or some other great mythical creature that you probably wont survive an incounter with, that town folk have been fearing and warning you about.

13) The return of the museum of artifacts except maybe more flexible and with people that actually come in aweinspired, also make it bigger and harder to steal your stuff back.

14) Beautiful scenes such as like an abandoned villa that is perched on a precipice and overlooks the entire province or waterfalls, or active volcanoes.

15) Demons that don't look like crap, as in no demon monkeys(Doh too late look in the screenshots of the supposed "troll") or demons that look like 10 animals put together, just demons that are horrible and terrible with sharp appendiges and ragged maws.

16) Another thing that subltly yet frequently comes up is the want to enter into a savage battle where there are multiple people fighting each other and we know you can do it! you did it in MW in that one Daedic shrine in the north east where you had to clear it out in the main quest and there were crazy people fighting a whole bunch of ordinators, all that needed was a better fighting system and some Norwegian Satanic Death Metal to put you in the mood; too bad it was out of the way and only happened once.

17) The Mighty Mega Battle Hammer of Asskickonomety should not be found specifically for the main quest, the most damaging weapon in the game should be in some challenging obscure quest or dungeon.

18) Your form should progressively change as the level of your prowess in that class get greater, such as a bulkyer bigger form for warriors as they gain levels, slimer finer toned bodies for rogues, and beards and wiser looking faces for wizards.

19) The option of trying to recruit people to follow you around and help you out as one of the conversation modifiers such as persuade, taunt, and intimidate. (some people would not help such as guards who have their duty and merchants who are not good at fighting, and others would require a large amount of persuading to help you out such as champions that adventure around.

20) Other NPCs that try to accomplish your tasks as well, but always fail, such as temple guards that venture into obvlion and are resting in like out of out the way rooms because of injuries. In morrowind there were a whole bunch of fresh dead adventurers but you would never see like a group resting outside a dungeon or outside a rival house's town/stronghold waiting for companions(okay maybe you saw this once in morrowind but that was once), or adventures that are already in battle with creatures in dungeons.

Opinions?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Oozae
post Mar 22 2005, 01:14 AM
Post #2

Knower
Group Icon

[quote=incongruousness]I would like to see these suggestions in OB:

1) People run with fear of your reputation if you have a super high bounty instead of just not offering service to you. Like they would say something like "is that that murderer, OMG it is, RUN AHHHHHHH", also they shouldn't run like idiots into the woods or unsafe areas, they should run into there houses and lock there doors or into the nears fort or garrison. They would also return when they thought you have left.

2) More realistic stronghold control; I mean like have mercs to guard your stronghold against random level based attacks from other houses and other situations; in mw there were like the dwemer robots for the telvanni one, and guards for the other forts but nothing ever attacked, even if a monster followed you to the telvanni guards they wouldn't attack. Also have fast travel to and from your fort and perhaps discounts on potions and arrows and gear so that youll actually want to stop by your fort to pick up stuff, maybe also a loot bin for like storage.

3) Anonymity; as in since your almost wholly coverd by armor you shouldn't be imediately recognized by people untill you like talk to them or take off your helmet.

4) Active merchant caravans that travel from town to town to allow low level characters the job of protection while traveling to and from cities and to raid for money and items if you choose to.This would be okay i guess if they made the caravans leave at a specific time so that you couldn't just spam the run from the two closes towns to get UBER 1337.

5) A sort of system where after a while people in town who have moved on or died or are gone for any reason can be replaced in time.(This is basically for bad people who want to live the bad way and continually kill people for increase in wealth.) I dont mean that two npcs get together and make love and have kids... i mean like a random guy or merchant would start to live there and he would have like moved there from another province or something like that.

6) Also some monsters that actually are smart and roam around, as in like a group of goblins that use strategies such as retreat and charging and have primitive weps that you can pick up. Also some monters that can actually take a few townsguard such as the "12)" ones.

7) Recent ruin... there aren't any ghost towns or burning houses or ruined forts in MW (cept frostmoth) but the dmg looked ridiculus it was like a pack of werewolves came in and fought with the guards and then for no reason at all, all the walls fell down.

8) Melee weapons that are normal objects such as a chair or a bottle or lute (since you cant use the damn lute to play music)

9) Skills which make rogues, a character that you'd want to play (I am aware that the Dev's said they would make all classes balanced but here are just some suggestions), such as a skill like sneak where it was more like a stance except for this would be like "Deadly precision" so that it would either give short blade weapons a great damage bonus so that you would want to use them, or a resonable percent chance to kill instantly anyone within a certain level of you. Also stealth skills such as "Knock unconcious" or "8)"

10) A bettter way to heal at higher levels such as scrolls that heal you greatly, weigh basicly nothing and cost a lot

11) An areana like in MW except you can bet on fights and participate in fights with randomly created badasses (suited to your level and class) or a tournament for riches or rare items. Also heros from there respected towns so if you defeat them the people there will not like you as much and they would talk about there victories, just as we talk about sportstars.

12) A rare creature every once in a while, an analogy would be like you traveling through the mountains and a yeti attacks you, except in OB it could be like a Chimera or Griffin, or some other great mythical creature that you probably wont survive an incounter with, that town folk have been fearing and warning you about.

13) The return of the museum of artifacts except maybe more flexible and with people that actually come in aweinspired, also make it bigger and harder to steal your stuff back.

14) Beautiful scenes such as like an abandoned villa that is perched on a precipice and overlooks the entire province or waterfalls, or active volcanoes.

15) Demons that don't look like crap, as in no demon monkeys(Doh too late look in the screenshots of the supposed "troll") or demons that look like 10 animals put together, just demons that are horrible and terrible with sharp appendiges and ragged maws.

16) Another thing that subltly yet frequently comes up is the want to enter into a savage battle where there are multiple people fighting each other and we know you can do it! you did it in MW in that one Daedic shrine in the north east where you had to clear it out in the main quest and there were crazy people fighting a whole bunch of ordinators, all that needed was a better fighting system and some Norwegian Satanic Death Metal to put you in the mood; too bad it was out of the way and only happened once.

17) The Mighty Mega Battle Hammer of Asskickonomety should not be found specifically for the main quest, the most damaging weapon in the game should be in some challenging obscure quest or dungeon.

18) Your form should progressively change as the level of your prowess in that class get greater, such as a bulkyer bigger form for warriors as they gain levels, slimer finer toned bodies for rogues, and beards and wiser looking faces for wizards.

19) The option of trying to recruit people to follow you around and help you out as one of the conversation modifiers such as persuade, taunt, and intimidate. (some people would not help such as guards who have their duty and merchants who are not good at fighting, and others would require a large amount of persuading to help you out such as champions that adventure around.

20) Other NPCs that try to accomplish your tasks as well, but always fail, such as temple guards that venture into obvlion and are resting in like out of out the way rooms because of injuries. In morrowind there were a whole bunch of fresh dead adventurers but you would never see like a group resting outside a dungeon or outside a rival house's town/stronghold waiting for companions(okay maybe you saw this once in morrowind but that was once), or adventures that are already in battle with creatures in dungeons.

Opinions?[/quote]Quite a lot of them I like, others I don't. Some are being or have been implented. I especially like the caravan one.

--------------------
"Make a fire for a man and he's warm for a short time. Burn a man and he's warm for the rest of his life" Terry Pratchett
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Mar 22 2005, 05:15 AM
Post #3

Master
Group Icon

nice list. no offence but i kind-of disagree with 18 and 19.

darn i thought of one midway into your list and forgot it. i'll post it if I remember.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
darkcootie
post Mar 22 2005, 12:27 PM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Opinions?[/quote]what no dragons?

i really liked number 8 normal items as weapons
+Quote Post
Channler
post Mar 22 2005, 10:23 PM
Post #5

Master
Group Icon

What can I say, I like them all
+Quote Post
Aki
post Mar 23 2005, 12:18 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

[/quote]

These are the ones i care to comment on right now.

6: I like that, yup. Enemes should be SMART. ^-^
I mean, i KNOW town guards would compassion themselves 90% of the time when faced with a Werewolf, but in Morrowind they still attacked me while the peasants ran. I mean, do YOU attack some beast you've likely never even heard of?

7: Its Cyrodil, i doubt any towns should be destroyed, its the capitol for pete's sate. Oh, and Werewolves = STRONG, they CAN tear top-qaulity armor to shreds, so a BUNXH of them ripping through a wall is possible. tongue.gif

18: I've never been a fan of changing appearances, i like my character staying the way he is, be he a warrior, or a wizard. tongue.gif

Its not like Wizards can't have muscles, or Warriors be scrawny wimps that rely solely on massive strength enhancing enchantments to win... wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
darkcootie
post Mar 23 2005, 12:24 AM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=Aki]18: I've never been a fan of changing appearances, i like my character staying the way he is, be he a warrior, or a wizard. tongue.gif

Its not like Wizards can't have muscles, or Warriors be scrawny wimps that rely solely on massive strength enhancing enchantments to win... wink.gif[/quote]I dont like appearance altering either unless it is by the players own choice like getting a tatoo
+Quote Post
Aki
post Mar 23 2005, 11:05 PM
Post #8

Mouth
Group Icon

Tattoos are good, those are ones i actually like. Getting random scars, or goriwng hair, or having my muscle mass changed due to my prowess in one skill is annoying though. tongue.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

"You’ve put up a good fight, but I’m through playing. Now I’m going to kick your [censored] and tell of my glory under the next full moon. Die well.”

+Quote Post
DoomedOne
post Apr 19 2005, 03:19 AM
Post #9

Master
Group Icon

I like them, though I have to say that I've suggested the enemies that are smart and use group tactics, and that was announced, and I've suggeted having many roaming NPCs, including bandit bands, adventurers, traders and mercenaries.

I'd also like to see this said bandit band that I hope you can join, joi in group tactics with you to take down random traders.

I'd like to see emrcs get highered for jobs you can also get highered for, and that would mean at times you wouldn't be alone guarding caravans.
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post Apr 19 2005, 03:38 AM
Post #10

Master
Group Icon

Ok I don't know if this is the correct area for this but I was Thinking it qwould be nice to see people lying on the ground near the road or have people sit up against trees.

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

This was pretty unusual, because most children at his age wanted to become great warriors, known all through time as saviors of, well, anything - Toroabok
+Quote Post
jonajosa
post Apr 30 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #11

Unregistered

[quote=DoomedOne]
I'd also like to see this said bandit band that I hope you can join, joi in group tactics with you to take down random traders.

I'd like to see emrcs get highered for jobs you can also get highered for, and that would mean at times you wouldn't be alone guarding caravans.[/quote]

I would like that very much! I always wanted to join one of those bandit cave gangs in the game.
+Quote Post
Channler
post May 1 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #12

Master
Group Icon

What are you talking about? I killed all bandits, and well everyone else..

hehe

Anyways it would be nice to stratigize a little bit with you attacks on people with groups

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
Soulseeker3.0
post May 15 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #13

Master
Group Icon

[quote=jonajosa][quote=DoomedOne]

I'd like to see emrcs get highered for jobs you can also get highered for, and that would mean at times you wouldn't be alone guarding caravans.[/quote]

I would like that very much! I always wanted to join one of those bandit cave gangs in the game.[/quote]

ditto

--------------------
IPB Image
(linky)

SKA

+Quote Post
Warsgoth
post May 16 2005, 02:53 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

I really hope there aren't guns in Oblivion. That would ruin so much... I would instantly cremate the CD.
+Quote Post
IKICKSPOTTEDOWL
post May 24 2005, 09:31 PM
Post #15

Associate

nice list! don't agree with 18, though

--------------------
yea wahtever, I know for a fact that you ate my moon sugar!
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 6 2005, 12:40 AM
Post #16

Unregistered

I have a long list of things to add to the topic. ^^

-In the original Morrowind, the combat system was pretty choppy. Three attacks, preformed by moving the control stick a certain way. In Oblivion, apparently, the new combat system calls for combos, a reason to use different attacks, and blocking at your command. Personally, I think you should keep the button configuration for oblivion the same as Morrowind—but when you enter combat mode (X button) the L button will become block rather than jump, the R will become attack, and the B, A, and Y buttons would be used for combos. Even though not being able to do certain things in combat mode would become annoying, the ability to perform specific combos and such would be nice.

-More spell variation. In Morrowind, there was no reason what so ever to chose a fire spell over an ice spell or a poison spell, and when you apply that rule to other spells, you can come down to the conclusion that there were only four or five “real” spells. This time they really need to make a good cause to separate different spells, like fire spells lighting enemies and objects on fire, or ice spells freezing them. Which brings me to…

-The spell “Levitation” needs to be made less awful. Seriously, the way it made you levitate was just outright pathetic. It was no different than just being able to walk in the air, up, and down. Even if it meant we could no longer fight airborne enemies, I’d prefer they made it look like you were actually flying, just so I don’t feel quite as stupid using levitation.

-A city that’s actually worthy of being called big. When you look back on Morrowind Cities like Balmora, you can see that one can actually explore and mutilate the entire place in about thirty minutes. Take Balmora, multiply its size by about eight times, make it a more believably imperialistic theme, and you’re there. Oh, and I didn’t mention Vivec, because it wasn’t so much of a town as it was a big, floating…thing. I’d also like to see more towns rather than just bigger ones. Morrowind’s total town count was just under ten. I’d like to see, especially considering the map size, at least three times that.

-More weapons and armor than I can actually handle. After I beat the main quest, about fifty side quests, and wiping out a couple of towns, I literally had all the armor and weapon sets in the game. This time, Bethesda defiantly needs to put more in, even if it means I won’t get them all. I’d rather see too many options in a video game than too few. And the whole bit about the weapons and armor brings me to a very important point…

-In Oblivion, your character needs to be less powerful. In Morrowind, once you’ve leveled up and such a certain amount of times, you’re virtually a god. In Oblivion, I don’t object to being strong, but can we keep it believable? The ability to wipe out an entire city with one spell (yes, I did that in morrowind once) is just twisted, and once you got to a certain point with Morrowind, the game became pointless. Don’t get me wrong, though. I wouldn’t play it if I didn’t love it.

-A co-op system, like Splinter Cell’s or Doom 3’s. And yes, I know Splinter Cell and Doom 3 are nothing like Oblivion. I remember though, my friend Zack came over after school every day and we’d take turns playing Morrowind on our own name, longing for a co-op mode so my beloved Arika and his dear Daxter could fight side by side…or, occasionally, tear each other to hell. Either way, the ability to have multiple people playing the game on a single console would be great, as long as you didn’t make it go overboard. And by that, I mean no MMORPG, please.

-Potions need to play a bigger role, or be removed from the game. In Morrowind, every time I walked into a city I saw a potion seller nearby, but they never received service from me, because I’ve always found potions to be useless compared to magic. That has to change—if the potions are useless as I think they are, axe them, and replace them with that armor and weaponry I was talking about. Or maybe just make them less useless.

-The ability to use torches as a weapon. I always wished I could use my torch as a weapon in Morrowind, not only because it was there anyway, but...well, it’s a torch, you know? Anyway, there’s not much to say about a torch, but it would be an awesome addition to Oblivion.

-More armor to chose from, and more styles to fit your character. If you wanted your character to be a ninja in Morrowind, you were screwed, because the closest thing to a ninja suit in Morrowind was the Dark Brotherhood Armor, which didn’t even make it’s appearance until Oblivion. I also want to see more clothing choices in general, since I rarely wear my armor when randomly mingling with commoners.

-If you’re going to put horses in the game, do it right. Horses should be able to be killed, but strong enough to hold their own in time for you to defend them. And If your horse does die, it shouldn’t be one of those “oh no, my horse died, oh well, I’ll just go get another”. You should limit the number of horses in the game (maybe add some wild horses, that you can tame, even) so it’s more a big deal about keeping them alive. And last but not least—let us give them custom names.

-More cutscenes and dialogue. In the original Morrowind, there was a whopping zero cinematics. That needs to change. And more dialogue. I honestly don’t now why, but cutscenes and dialogue make people feel important. Really, they do.
-Shorter loading times. Morrowind’s loading times were long. In the time it took Morrowind to load, I could probably write this entire document. The game is completely worth the waiting times, but if they can be avoided—please.

-Lots and lots of downloadable content through Xbox Live. I know it’s already been confirmed that there will be downloads, but I want to see Bethesda abuse that feature. I don’t doubt for a second that the game itself will keep me busy, but new weapons, armor, quests, people, and locations never hurt anyone.

-Better hair and facial textures. In Morrowind, it was blatant to everyone, including Bethesda, that people would never, ever, ever chose certain hair/faces. In Oblivion, they all need to be decent. If you don’t think people will use them, don’t put them in the game.

-There needs to be a link between Morrowind and Oblivion. I know that all the Elder Scrolls games have their own independent storylines, but seriously, why not bring back good old Fargoth or that man who lived in Balmora and gave you your missions for the main quest? He said that he had some business in the capital city, so unless the game takes place thousands of years before/after Morrowind, why not throw him in and give him a little sidequest or something?

-Make hand-to-hand combat play a bigger role, since it’s fun. Not much else to say here.
+Quote Post
9of9
post Jun 6 2005, 10:39 AM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

[quote=Daikirai]I have a long list of things to add to the topic. ^^

-In the original Morrowind, the combat system was pretty choppy. Three attacks, preformed by moving the control stick a certain way. In Oblivion, apparently, the new combat system calls for combos, a reason to use different attacks, and blocking at your command. Personally, I think you should keep the button configuration for oblivion the same as Morrowind—but when you enter combat mode (X button) the L button will become block rather than jump, the R will become attack, and the B, A, and Y buttons would be used for combos. Even though not being able to do certain things in combat mode would become annoying, the ability to perform specific combos and such would be nice.[/quote]

I know almost nothing about XBox controls but from what I can tell, there wont really be combos per se - instead you can choose which attack you perform (in much the same way as in Morrowind I think - so I would guess it'll be analogue stick again) and you can charge it up. However now the different attacks you execute in that manner should have different tactical advantages, somehow, and allow you to strike at critical weaknesses in the opponents defences if you time yourself right. Likewise - in addition to an active block - keep in mind you can also cast spells with your other hand in mid-combat now biggrin.gif

[quote]-More spell variation. In Morrowind, there was no reason what so ever to chose a fire spell over an ice spell or a poison spell, and when you apply that rule to other spells, you can come down to the conclusion that there were only four or five “real” spells. This time they really need to make a good cause to separate different spells, like fire spells lighting enemies and objects on fire, or ice spells freezing them. Which brings me to…[/quote]

Well, we've already seen a vid (and heard about the demonstration) where fire spells actually set people/creatures on fire as a result, so I would presume other spells to have similar effects tongue.gif

[quote]-The spell “Levitation” needs to be made less awful. Seriously, the way it made you levitate was just outright pathetic. It was no different than just being able to walk in the air, up, and down. Even if it meant we could no longer fight airborne enemies, I’d prefer they made it look like you were actually flying, just so I don’t feel quite as stupid using levitation.[/quote]

Agreed! Not necessarily flying ('doing the superman', I think, would just look faar too corny in an Elder Scrolls game tongue.gif) but... less awful - definitely.

[quote]-A city that’s actually worthy of being called big. When you look back on Morrowind Cities like Balmora, you can see that one can actually explore and mutilate the entire place in about thirty minutes. Take Balmora, multiply its size by about eight times, make it a more believably imperialistic theme, and you’re there. Oh, and I didn’t mention Vivec, because it wasn’t so much of a town as it was a big, floating…thing. I’d also like to see more towns rather than just bigger ones. Morrowind’s total town count was just under ten. I’d like to see, especially considering the map size, at least three times that.[/quote]

The map size isn't that much bigger and, I am presuming, one of the main reasons they can make the map slightly larger is because they can fill it up with forestry far more easily now tongue.gif We know there are 9 main cities and several smaller towns. However, I wouldn't expect anything much larger than what we've got in Morrowind - the Imperial City seems to not be a lot larger than Mournhold, so the rest will probably be smaller.

As the devs said, when you're doing everything to a realisitc scale and it takes a week to walk between towns its just that much less fun (not to mention that much more work!). You can probably wait for some mods - like Silgrad Tower (which has the biggest city I know of in Morrowind) or play Daggerfall tongue.gif

[quote]-More weapons and armor than I can actually handle. After I beat the main quest, about fifty side quests, and wiping out a couple of towns, I literally had all the armor and weapon sets in the game. This time, Bethesda defiantly needs to put more in, even if it means I won’t get them all. I’d rather see too many options in a video game than too few. And the whole bit about the weapons and armor brings me to a very important point…[/quote]

Amen - if only they could reproduce the clothing selection in Daggerfall and extend onto the armour... PC users aren't so much at risk here due to mods, but for the sake of the X360ers tongue.gif

[quote]-In Oblivion, your character needs to be less powerful. In Morrowind, once you’ve leveled up and such a certain amount of times, you’re virtually a god. In Oblivion, I don’t object to being strong, but can we keep it believable? The ability to wipe out an entire city with one spell (yes, I did that in morrowind once) is just twisted, and once you got to a certain point with Morrowind, the game became pointless. Don’t get me wrong, though. I wouldn’t play it if I didn’t love it.[/quote]

Nah, that's the whole fun of it - as the devs said at one point if you're going to spend so much time as to get your skills up to 100 there's no reason why not to let your character be a bit uber. Perhaps just make levelling up a bit slower, but there's no point in being high-level without being a bit godlike - that's the whole point tongue.gif

[quote]-A co-op system, like Splinter Cell’s or Doom 3’s. And yes, I know Splinter Cell and Doom 3 are nothing like Oblivion. I remember though, my friend Zack came over after school every day and we’d take turns playing Morrowind on our own name, longing for a co-op mode so my beloved Arika and his dear Daxter could fight side by side…or, occasionally, tear each other to hell. Either way, the ability to have multiple people playing the game on a single console would be great, as long as you didn’t make it go overboard. And by that, I mean no MMORPG, please.[/quote]

Not a chance, unfortunately. As much as that's a good idea it has been stated many, many times that there will be zero multiplayer in the game sad.gif At best we'll get another Morrowind Online mod.

[quote]-Potions need to play a bigger role, or be removed from the game. In Morrowind, every time I walked into a city I saw a potion seller nearby, but they never received service from me, because I’ve always found potions to be useless compared to magic. That has to change—if the potions are useless as I think they are, axe them, and replace them with that armor and weaponry I was talking about. Or maybe just make them less useless.[/quote]

Are you kidding? Potions are the main exploit of the Morrowind system! Because they're not limited by magicka or time in that it takes none to consume a potion, you can have as many potions active at any one point as you can afford, boosting each stat by several hundred. Just watch the 14 minute Morrowind walkthrough tongue.gif

Not to mention that its the main way for non-mage characters to use magic and, most importantly, heal themselves.

[quote]-The ability to use torches as a weapon. I always wished I could use my torch as a weapon in Morrowind, not only because it was there anyway, but...well, it’s a torch, you know? Anyway, there’s not much to say about a torch, but it would be an awesome addition to Oblivion.[/quote]

Yes, neat idea tongue.gif

[quote]-If you’re going to put horses in the game, do it right. Horses should be able to be killed, but strong enough to hold their own in time for you to defend them. And If your horse does die, it shouldn’t be one of those “oh no, my horse died, oh well, I’ll just go get another”. You should limit the number of horses in the game (maybe add some wild horses, that you can tame, even) so it’s more a big deal about keeping them alive. And last but not least—let us give them custom names. [/quote]

Horses are real in-game creatures which have to be parked and have to be looked after healed and which can die. As for limiting the number... well, it would be a shame if some freak NPC rebellion suddenly killed all the horses and left you with no way of ever getting a ride again. Taming would be nice, but an extra game mechanic which I doubt the devs would implement. Keep in mind horses are really not cheap - especially the... more expensive ones tongue.gif

[quote]-More cutscenes and dialogue. In the original Morrowind, there was a whopping zero cinematics. That needs to change. And more dialogue. I honestly don’t now why, but cutscenes and dialogue make people feel important. Really, they do.[/quote]

There were actually three cinematics in Morrowind (not counting the expansions) - the starting one, saying you were taken to Morrowind, one in Azura's Cave and one at the very end of the Main Quest. Cinematics generally don't fit the Elder Scrolls games very well as, generally, you do everything you do and very much from a first-person perspective (or third, if you so prefer) more like Half Life, really, in that respect.

That said, the dialogues have been revamped. All speech is now recorded and spoken real-time with facial expressions and everything - which is precisely what you want tongue.gif Likewise, you can watch NPCs talk to each other even.

[quote]-Shorter loading times. Morrowind’s loading times were long. In the time it took Morrowind to load, I could probably write this entire document. The game is completely worth the waiting times, but if they can be avoided—please.[/quote]

You needed a really fast computer for Morrowind to load quickly. Although there still will be loading times, all we know is that they will, apparently, be shorter tongue.gif God knows on what systems though.

[quote]-Lots and lots of downloadable content through Xbox Live. I know it’s already been confirmed that there will be downloads, but I want to see Bethesda abuse that feature. I don’t doubt for a second that the game itself will keep me busy, but new weapons, armor, quests, people, and locations never hurt anyone.[/quote]

There had better be. Even nicer if Bethesda would let fan-made mods be downloaded via Live. Vanilla Morrowind only goes so far, but once the mods are in place... its a whole different game tongue.gif

[quote]-Better hair and facial textures. In Morrowind, it was blatant to everyone, including Bethesda, that people would never, ever, ever chose certain hair/faces. In Oblivion, they all need to be decent. If you don’t think people will use them, don’t put them in the game.[/quote]

Oblivion uses an in-game utility for creating faces - every aspect of a face can be tweaked with a plethora of sliders to make it look precisely the way you want it. This means that your character will look precisely the way you want it, without having to choose through several ugly premade ones and, likewise, every NPC will have their own, entirely unique face.

[quote]-There needs to be a link between Morrowind and Oblivion. I know that all the Elder Scrolls games have their own independent storylines, but seriously, why not bring back good old Fargoth or that man who lived in Balmora and gave you your missions for the main quest? He said that he had some business in the capital city, so unless the game takes place thousands of years before/after Morrowind, why not throw him in and give him a little sidequest or something?[/quote]

Forgoth is a... questionable matter. Caius Cosades (the person you're referring to, I presume) however might very well be in. Bethesda did say that, while there won't be any direct references to past games along the Main Quest in Oblivion, there will apparently be things (or characters) that tie in in side quests smile.gif Caius Cosades, as you said, is a prime candidate to feature in Oblivion because he said he was going back to Cyrodiil and hopefully he will tongue.gif

[quote]-Make hand-to-hand combat play a bigger role, since it’s fun. Not much else to say here.[/quote]

Not much known about it but it will do health damage now and... apparently you can block weapons with your hands (sort of like Neo, I presume) so I'm guessing at the very least it will become a viable method of combat. Yay for monks.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Daikirai
post Jun 7 2005, 03:35 AM
Post #18

Unregistered

Wait-- you actually saw a video with NPCs on fire? o.o LINK LINK LINK!!!
+Quote Post
9of9
post Jun 7 2005, 09:42 AM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

Sorry, I didn't but there is one - IGN has uncut footage that was then used in the trailer which is only availible to IGN subscibers kvright.gif (it was open to the public at first, but then they closed it - before most people could get their hands on it :< ). Still, people say you can see a zombie getting set on fire in it tongue.gif

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Faldwin
post Sep 16 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #20

Retainer

QUOTE(incongruousness @ Mar 21 2005, 05:49 PM)
I would like to see these suggestions in OB:

I heard that you can throw stuff around so maybe it does damage if it hits people.
Also an Arena Gulid has been confirmed so you can join it and fight progressivlely stronger NPCs. You can even bet on fights.
Here's an Idea:
Running water would affect you so a fast river might sweep you away unlessv athletics skill was high enough

This post has been edited by Faldwin: Sep 16 2005, 06:38 PM
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:19 PM