Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V  1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowind GOTY Question..., Install order...
TheOtherRick
post Mar 8 2011, 04:35 PM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Well, I was going through some boxes and I found my copy of Morrowind GOTY Edition. It has 4 CDs -

*Morrowind
*Tribunal
*Bloodmoon
*TESCS for Morrowind

The problem is that the instruction booklet is missing. Here is the question...Is there a specific order that I need to install the two expansions after installing the Morrowind disc? I'm not concerned with the TESCS disk yet.

Also, does anyone know if after all 3 disks are installed, will there be further patching required?

And lastly, are there any unofficial patches that I should install?

Thanks in advance for your help.

--------------------
"To Thine Own Self Be True"

The Talendor Chronicles is my first fan fiction attempt.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 8 2011, 05:46 PM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 8 2011, 10:35 AM) *

Well, I was going through some boxes and I found my copy of Morrowind GOTY Edition. It has 4 CDs -

*Morrowind
*Tribunal
*Bloodmoon
*TESCS for Morrowind

The problem is that the instruction booklet is missing. Here is the question...Is there a specific order that I need to install the two expansions after installing the Morrowind disc? I'm not concerned with the TESCS disk yet.

Also, does anyone know if after all 3 disks are installed, will there be further patching required?

And lastly, are there any unofficial patches that I should install?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I've got my book out - Morrowind has to be installed first (of course) - All it says is to run the "Set-up.exe"

Next install Tribunal, lastly install Bloodmoon - because Bloodmoon installs the patches to the game

The construction set - isn't necessary unless you want to use it.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 8 2011, 05:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 8 2011, 05:53 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

Okay, there is an "Addendum" in the packet for the expansions:

Bloodmoon will automatically patch your game. If you install Tribunal after installing Bloodmoon you MUST re-install Bloodmoon again.

Both expansions should default to active, you will have to go to the data files to UN-activate them if you don't want them in yet.

It says the expansions are designed to challenge high-level players, and you may want to gain experience in Morrowind before going to Mournhold or Solstheim.

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 8 2011, 05:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 8 2011, 05:57 PM
Post #4

Councilor
Group Icon

I just bought a copy (wheeeee!), so thanks for asking, Rick!! I’ve been too afraid to open the box. huh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 8 2011, 07:51 PM
Post #5

Mouth
Group Icon

So, Rick will finally join us on our Vvardenfell expeditions! biggrin.gif

Do enjoy yourself in this strange new world... and if you know what to do, perhaps you could get scenes like these!

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 8 2011, 08:12 PM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 8 2011, 01:51 PM) *

Do enjoy yourself in this strange new world... and if you know what to do, perhaps you could get scenes like these!

Is there something particular you have to do in Morrowind for taking screenshots? WHAT ????? Don't leave me hanging, TK !!! ROFL !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 8 2011, 08:13 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 8 2011, 08:40 PM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

The screenshots in the normal game work almost the same as in Oblivion. You edit the INI to allow you to take screenshots, and then use the Print Screen key.

Unfortunately, this does not work if you are using MGE (like I very obviously am).

In MGE, the screenshot function is bound to a key macro. In order to set it, launch the MGE UI, open the macro editor, select a key, and in the two drop boxes that are not grayed out, select "Function" and "Take Screenshot."

I've bound the function to the ] key, myself.

By the way, if you think you are seeing 3D water in those shots, you are not mistaken. biggrin.gif *seething about Oblivion's horrible water*

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 8 2011, 08:44 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 8 2011, 09:16 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 8 2011, 02:40 PM) *

The screenshots in the normal game work almost the same as in Oblivion. You edit the INI to allow you to take screenshots, and then use the Print Screen key.

Unfortunately, this does not work if you are using MGE (like I very obviously am).

In MGE, the screenshot function is bound to a key macro. In order to set it, launch the MGE UI, open the macro editor, select a key, and in the two drop boxes that are not grayed out, select "Function" and "Take Screenshot."

I've bound the function to the ] key, myself.

By the way, if you think you are seeing 3D water in those shots, you are not mistaken. biggrin.gif *seething about Oblivion's horrible water*

MGE = Morrowind GOTY Edition??? (which is what I have)
MGE UI = ?? Morrowind GOTY Edition ????

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 8 2011, 09:24 PM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Morrowind Graphics Extender

Distant LOD, new shaders, new water, anti-aliasing, widescreen support... the list goes on.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 8 2011, 09:37 PM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 8 2011, 03:24 PM) *

Thank you ... and the UI means ... ?

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 8 2011, 09:39 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 8 2011, 09:52 PM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

User Interface

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 9 2011, 12:09 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 8 2011, 12:51 PM) *

First, I have to give you an FYI. When I click a link in your posts, I get hit with an bot that tranfers the webpage from the one you linked to an AVG anti-virus advertisement. I have to get completely out of my browser to close it. This has happened more than once, so I didn't mention it until now, thinking the first time may have been an oddball occurance. Also, this ONLY happens when I click on links that you have posted. No problems with anyone elses. sad.gif

That said, I was able open the photos from the url in your quote. I recognized Pelagiad in the first screenie, but not the other two locations. What ever mods are running make it look way better than it looks on my screen now!

You posted later about MGE. I am going to grab that one now. I have to have that one because I have a wide screen and everyone looks obese! blink.gif Do you recommend any others (without going hog wild)?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 9 2011, 12:18 AM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 8 2011, 06:09 PM) *

First, I have to give you an FYI. When I click a link in your posts, I get hit with an bot that tranfers the webpage from the one you linked to an AVG anti-virus advertisement. I have to get completely out of my browser to close it. This has happened more than once, so I didn't mention it until now, thinking the first time may have been an oddball occurance. Also, this ONLY happens when I click on links that you have posted. No problems with anyone elses. sad.gif

I do not have that problem with captain cook's links. I am using Firefox. Are you using IE? Whatever browser you have, I suggest checking to make sure you have pop-ups blocked.

I do highly recommend MGE as well. It is the only thing that makes Morrowind playable for me. The constant fog of the original game drove me nuts.

The DLCs that came with the game are all free downloads from Bethesda's site. I found the one that adds the archery shop to Vivec indispensable for my bowgirl. You might also want to look through TES Nexus for mods that add new heads, and hairstyles, as they are much higher quality than the vanilla game. For example: Artemis would never look this good in the original game. Without a doubt add Better Bodies as well, the originals look like insects, with their segmented limbs. It comes in an .exe, but is virus-free.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 9 2011, 12:38 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 9 2011, 12:25 AM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheOtherRick @ Mar 8 2011, 04:09 PM) *

I'll do a quick scan to be sure, but AVG shouldn't be hijacking my links like that. Could you get a screencap, perchance? (In case you are wondering, I am using AVG Antivirus).

Is anyone else getting hijacked when they clicked those links?

EDIT: Phew... thanks for taking a load off my mind, Rosa.

@Rick, if you are using IE, do consider switching to Firefox. It's free, it's fast, and it's SO much more secure than Insecure Explorer.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 9 2011, 12:28 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 9 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #15

Mouth
Group Icon

Back to Rick: My scans came out clean, which means that this must be a problem on your end. I'd suggest switching browsers if you are using IE, because IE is far too easy for people to exploit. Get Firefox or Chrome instead.

Here's some more showcasing of MGE (I am leaving the URLs intact for Rick for now until I hear back from him).

Water refractions: http://img828.imageshack.us/i/mgeshowcase01.jpg/
3D water: http://img833.imageshack.us/i/mgeshowcase02.jpg/
Distant LOD: http://img855.imageshack.us/i/mgeshowcase03.jpg/
Animated 3D Grass: http://img10.imageshack.us/i/mgeshowcase04.jpg/
Godrays (requires separate shader download): http://img232.imageshack.us/i/mgeshowcase05.jpg/

As for the mods:

Vurt's flora mods: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...g&id=444351
Better Bodies: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...tail&id=213
Better Heads: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...ail&id=2735

Also, here's a nice site you can use to get started on your mod collection: http://btb2.free.fr/morrowind.html

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 9 2011, 12:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 9 2011, 12:51 AM
Post #16

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Mar 8 2011, 03:52 PM) *

User Interface

Thanks TK!!! On what Rick said above me here - I haven't had a single problem with any links you posted to date, I've checked out every mod you listed, screenies, etc. - not sure if that helps you and Rick sort this out or makes it harder to figure out, just wanted to let you know.

Right now my Antivirus is Kapersky if that helps. (and Internet Explorer whatever the latest version is)

This post has been edited by mALX: Mar 9 2011, 12:52 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 9 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Well, it makes me suspect more that this is a problem on Rick's end, rather than mine. AVG is a reputable AV program, so it struck me as very odd that he was getting hijacked by ads for them. Makes me think there is a hole in his browser security, which is why I suspect he is still on IE (which is like swiss cheese in terms of exploitable back-doors).

I keep a pretty tight grip on my browser security, myself:

-AVG Browser Security (scans pages before you click the links)
-Firefox
-Ad Block Plus (http://adblockplus.org/en/)

And if all else fails, MalwareBytes is quite good at destroying anything that makes it past.

This post has been edited by Thomas Kaira: Mar 9 2011, 12:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheOtherRick
post Mar 9 2011, 02:04 AM
Post #18

Finder
Group Icon

Alrighty then. First things first. I am indeed using IE-8. Switching to Firefox is certainly an option I will entertain. I will assume that Firefox is completely Windows 7 compatible? If the problem persists, I will make the switch. As an experiment, I clicked the same link and the problem did not recur. It has only happened twice, and both times were on TK's links. No biggie. The only reason I brought it up was just in case TK might have caught something. I did a complete scan on my end. McAfee and MalwareBytes both came up empty.

Next on the list...Is MGE gonna be a monster like Wrye Bash? The link to Beth's forum page that TK posted scared the hell out of me. I need Visual C++ ? I'm only moderately computer literate, and I wouldn't have a clue what to do with Visual C++. blink.gif

Next...BTBs Morrowind Mod List...Awesome site! Thanks for sharing.

Next...Thank you mALX for the instruction book stuff. Got all 3 loeaded now. It would have been my luck that I would have done it in the wrong order.

I'm probably forgetting something, but I can always ask later.

Thanks again for all the help.

--------------------

+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 9 2011, 02:17 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

Firefox works fine with Windows 7. I have both.

MGE does not need anything special. I have mge3.8.2-rev.0178, and did not have to do anything special to install it. Just copy it from the .rar to your game folder. Double-click on the MGEgui.exe file to set your preferences, and play the game. Building the lods in MGEgui was only thing I had to go out of my way to do, and that was a snap.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Mar 9 2011, 02:19 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Mar 9 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

You don't need to do anything with Visual C++, you just need to install it so that it is on your computer.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:39 AM