Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Morrowfall, a peice in my spare time...
stargate525
post Sep 10 2005, 01:46 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

Read it, comment on it, suggest for improvement on it, etc. more will follow.

Morrowfall Ch.1

I had done it. I had finally beaten it. Morrowind, the game that had occupied all my time for the past three months. Not particularly good, for my health or my college grades, but tonight was what it had all lead up to, I had beaten the game, United the houses, learned the truth about the temple, and defeated Dagoth Ur. Call me a geek, but I intended to celebrate.
And celebrate I did. I depleted my horde of liquor, including the Schmirnoff I had been saving for my birthday. I was good at saving things, but not at holding my liquor. These two things collided to spell my doom that night. The last thing I remember is my roommates coming back from the restaurant, me yelling at them for breathing too loud, and them falling off the loft’s edge, bottle of half-empty Captain Morgan’s still in hand.

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 11 2005, 07:43 PM

--------------------
these forums taste almost, but not quite, completely unlike tea.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Sep 10 2005, 01:53 AM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

kinda short, but I think it will turn out funny. (unles you're already finished...)

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 10 2005, 02:07 AM
Post #3

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Sep 9 2005, 09:53 PM)
kinda short, but I think it will turn out funny. (unles you're already finished...)

of course I'm not finished. I'm trying to be funny, as I'm letting the Douglas Adams in me hold the pencil...

Chapter 2

Blackness. I couldn’t remember where I was that it was so dark. Perhaps this was night. I turned to look at the clock next to my bed, rolling over the lump that was my blanket near the fork of my legs in the process. Hmmm, couldn’t even see that. Power must be out, I decided. Unless…

I opened my eyes.

Blurry, very very blurry, and far too bright. I saw a lot of green, with two shades of blue over it. Very well, they left me out somewhere in the country to sleep it off. I’d make my way back to the dorm and then they’d get what was coming to them.

But first, I would have to get up. The blurry pastels of the countryside spun sickeningly, and I felt qeasily indistinct, but I managed not to fall over for a while, two or three seconds at least, until I fell onto my stomach. I crawled to the river and plunged my head into it. Not as blurry in the river. I tried to stand up again, the confounded colerey shapes swung around me again, and I felt indistinctly queasy. Great improvement.

I saw a shape in the big blue squiggly thing I had plunged my head in. Brown, sort of oblong, two little sticking out… a mowboat? Towboat? Bolerote? Rowboat, that’s it. A rowboat. Perhaps they can help me. I walked into the blue squiggly and swam to them. Amazing how well I could swim, and I didn’t swallow a single lungful of water.

They pulled me into the boat after much complaining about my weight. They said some interesting things. At least, they would be interesting if I could understand them, I was sure. They poured something into my mouth, and the colorful things stopped pretending and turned into what they were supposed to be, trees and a boat and an oar and a freshly killed slaughterfish… somehow I felt that last one should be cause for alarm, but I couldn’t think why.

That darn bundle of blankets was still under my butt, and now that the world wasn’t spinning I leaned forward to remove them, noticing my new tail draped over my left leg.

Tail?

Something hit my head with a thunk, and that pesky blackness returned…

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 10 2005, 02:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 10 2005, 05:00 AM
Post #4

Finder
Group Icon

Very good, I'll be looking forward to more.
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 10 2005, 06:02 AM
Post #5

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kell-Reevor @ Sep 10 2005, 01:00 AM)
Very good, I'll be looking forward to more.

good, so am I. biggrin.gif

huh.gif

blink.gif
*walks away*

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 10 2005, 06:02 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 10 2005, 06:29 AM
Post #6

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Sep 10 2005, 02:02 AM)
good, so am I.  biggrin.gif

huh.gif

blink.gif
*walks away*

*walks back*

here's more...

Chapter 3

I woke up again, this time without the annoying little details that a monstrous hangover entails. Whatever it was those men had given me, I would have to find the recipe. I opened my eyes, expecting to still be on the boat, but instead was greeted by a large wooden plank a mere foot from my face. I was lying in something soft, so I decided I was either on a very tall stack of hay or in a bunk bed. Since I wasn’t sneezing, I deduced via careful process of elimination that I was, indeed, in a bunk bed. The significance of this revelation, I feel, did not impact me as much as it should have.

I looked at my feet, and again saw my new appendage wrapped around my odd-shaped foot. I tried, failed, tried again, then failed to succeed in forming a question to nobody in particular. Ignoring my new tail, which had decided to abandon its embrace of my leg and eagerly explore the bedpost, I looked about the room.

All I could see was that I was on a raised platform, with a ramp leading down onto a lower floor, on which stood a writing desk and a cabinet. Across from me was an alcove, inside were a number of potions bubbling in a foreboding manner.

“Massive overdose,” A voice came from outside the room, harsh and gravelly, “strange that, most scaly… er, Argonians, can hold their liquor better.”

An Argonian. I tried to remember why exactly this should be so frightening. I tried to remember what I knew about Argonians. Native to Nirn, beast race, often enslaved to the Dunmer… Argonians.

Argonians?

Argonians!? I tried to get up, leaving me with a nasty bump on my head. Argonians don’t exist, they are imaginary creatures from Morrowind, there is no reason why a grown man would talk about one not being able to drink.

My tail, however, begged to differ.

“Most interesting. Very odd case.” said the gravelly voice, now moving into the room, “I will, of course, keep you informed.” I could see now to whom the gravelly voice belonged. A dunmer, white hair tied back into a ponytail, brown robes faded and stained with twelve too many potion accidents. He walked up the ramp, sat on the edge of the bed, and proceeded to take my pulse with his finger. “How long have you been up?” He asked, pulling a long tube out of his robe.

“since about…” He stuck the rod into my mouth and clamped it shut, “amuu mimm mimmumem amo.”

“Good, good.” He said, looking at the tube, placing it back into his robe, and then proceeding to hold my tongue out of my mouth while he looked in, “The fuzziness gone?”

“ah gah nuh dee at iss as oo it ine ong!” I chocked on the words as they came out.

“That,” The Dunmer replied, “is none of your concern.” He pulled two large beakers from under the bed, “I’ll need you to fill these up.”

“with WHAT?”

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 13 2005, 12:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Neck' Thall
post Sep 11 2005, 06:03 PM
Post #7

Finder
Group Icon

laugh.gif I Like! Thats a Nice start...did you happen to do the Binge when you finished Morrowind?

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 11 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #8

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Neck' Thall @ Sep 11 2005, 02:03 PM)
laugh.gif I Like!  Thats a Nice start...did you happen to do the Binge when you finished Morrowind?

is it realistic? I've actually never been drunk in my life.

though i Might just do that when I beat oblivion...

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 11 2005, 08:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 11 2005, 08:57 PM
Post #9

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(stargate525 @ Sep 11 2005, 08:44 PM)
is it realistic? I've actually never been drunk in my life.

though i Might just do that when I beat oblivion...

Hehe..that´s a good thing....don´t be later on either if you can avoid it...and yes it is realistic....and a funny story....mmm i like it i do.. goodjob.gif

What a fate.....getting drunk and wake up as an Argonian...... blink.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 11 2005, 09:11 PM
Post #10

Finder
Group Icon

more of the story, more of the story...

Chapter 4

After a bit of persuasion, I was finally able to escape the crazy elf with the beakers, although since I was delusional and thinking I was in a video game, perhaps I should have been less judgemental.

Turns out that I was in the Suran Temple, which made me uneasy. One, I had avoided temples with vigor while playing my character in Mw, and two, there was no temple in Suran. Either I was being creative in my delusions, or I was in big trouble. Either way, since I was already in there, I decided to see what there was to see. There was no second story, so I descended down three flights of stairs until I reached a domed room, empty exept for three things, another dark elf, beakerless, thankfully. An alter-like slab of ebony set in the center, and a corpse in full orcish lying in repose upon it.

I approached the ebony alter and read the inscription on it;

Here lies Umbra, who, at the hand of our great Savior Lord Saint Nerevar, was purged from this earth as a punishment for his heresy. May all who see him here gaze upon him and be reminded of the penalty for falsehood.

Not exactly what I expected, but very interesting. I looked over at the dark elf next to me, and he looked back. A mixture of shock, horror, and a most facinating shade of puce flashed over his face right before he yelled for the guards. I looked behind me to see who he was yelling at, realized he was yelling at me, then ran out of the room.

Well, I tried to run out of the room at least. After about five feet, I found out exactly how powerful those paralysis spells really were. I could see the guard enter the room, clad in a strange blue armor, draw his mace, and swing. After that I had another intimate reunion with the back of my eyelids, and felt nothing more.

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 11 2005, 09:12 PM
Post #11

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(minque @ Sep 11 2005, 04:57 PM)
Hehe..that´s a good thing....don´t be later on either if you can avoid it...and yes it is realistic....and a funny story....mmm i like it  i do.. goodjob.gif
What a fate.....getting drunk and wake up as an Argonian...... blink.gif

oh, his fate will get far worse...

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 13 2005, 12:11 AM
Post #12

Finder
Group Icon

more story!

Chapter 5

My head hurt. Either it was the mace-happy dunmer, or I had gotten drunk again and had forgotten. I was guessing the former, but either way, this was not one of my better days.

I was in a cell, on a cot bolted to the side of the stone walls, underneatht the window was a lone bucket. If I could figure out where I was, perhaps I would find out how to get home.

That was, of course, only if I could reach the window. I could get within a foot of it before something held me back. I struggled against the force for soem time before I turned to see what it actually was.

I should have known. My tail was firmly wrapped around one of the bars of my cell door. I must've worked on it for five minutes before I finally managed to pry it off the bars and keep it from latching onto something else. I finally looked out the window, tail still squirming in vain in my hands.

Water, quite a bit of water. A great conglomeration of wooden shacks sat on the water not twenty feet away, if I could escape and swim over there, I could easily lose myself underneath those docks...

The door behind me opened with a creak. Two dunmer marched in and herded me outside to stand with twenty or thirty other argonians. We stood on top of the prison building, whose half-submerged stone exterior also served as a dock. A ship was waited opposite the shacks, and when I turned back I could see the looming outline of three giant pyramids behind the shacks.

So Vivec City then, though nothing like how I remembered it. We were being herded onto the waiting ship and below decks. I didn't like the looks of this; wherever this ship was going, I knew it was somewhere I did not want to be.

So at that time I decided to do something that was simultaneously brave and extremely stupid. I ran for the other side of the dock and the shack villiage. Behind me I could hear oaths from the dunmer, cheering from the argonians still above deck, and the wooden creak of bows being drawn. Simultaneous was my dive over the edge of the docks and the first volley of arrows.

Most of the arrows missed me, embedding themselves into the shacks across the water and one very unlicky bosmer who happened to be walking along the docks. An arrow hit whatever was in his hand, sending it flying out into the water. A second hit his heart, and with one final, valiant cry of 'My ring!' fell dead into the water. Again, the significance of this event and how it would ease the lives of many a gamer were lost upon me.

One of the arrows did manage to hit their mark, sending a stab of pain through my thigh, whichthe saltwater only served to increase as I sunk into quickly reddening waters.

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 13 2005, 12:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 16 2005, 04:02 AM
Post #13

Finder
Group Icon

huh.gif

come on, no advice, no imprsssions of the story, no predictions, no advice? Heck, I'd be happy with flames right now.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kell-Reevor
post Sep 16 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #14

Finder
Group Icon

*flames*

Not really... its great so far. Good work.
+Quote Post
Wolfie
post Sep 16 2005, 01:17 PM
Post #15

Mage
Group Icon

Hehe this is great biggrin.gif

--------------------
IPB Image

D�anaim smaoineamh, d� bhr� sin, t�im ann - Descartes

Only the dead have seen the end of war ~ Plato

Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed. - G.K. Chesterton

EnsamVarg
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 17 2005, 05:21 PM
Post #16

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kell-Reevor @ Sep 16 2005, 06:27 AM)
Not really... its great so far.  Good work.

QUOTE(LoneWolf @ Sep 16 2005, 08:17 AM)
Hehe this is great biggrin.gif

thanks, any other comments, like how you think it'll turn out...?

--------------------
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 18 2005, 08:38 PM
Post #17

Finder
Group Icon

Chapter 6

Sunset in Vivec, a beautiful time of the day. The sun bounding off the water, setting the bay ablze in orange fire, the long shadows of the cantons a striking contrast of black. A beautiful time to be sure.

But right now I was not in a position to see it. Clinging to a joist underneath one of the shacks cluttered around the canton like a sewer rat, I was more concerned with the two bleeding holes in my leg.

They had found the elf's body a few hours ago. Oddly enough, most of the populace cheered when the ordinators carried the body off. In the clamor I was able to pull myelf up here out of the water without anyone noticing the splashing and creaking. Now I had a more pressing problem than how to get home; If I didn't get medical help soon, I would be dead. I couldn't just wait here, I had to do something.

The water was warm, even in the twilight, but that didn't keep me from shivering as I wrenched a grate loose and entered the arena canton. I climbed through the trapdoor into the canalworks, and found myself in a storage room. Arms and armor were strewn about the room, damaged, but still servicable.

Time for me to see what I knew then. I found a dagger, longsword, mace, hatchet, spear, and a crossbow from various sections around the room and placed them on a crate in the corner, then I stood a cuirass on the crate nearby as my target. I decided to try the spear first. I jabbed forward, and somehow managed to slice my thumb. Obviously not spear.

I almost slit my throat with the dagger.

I completely destroyed everything in front of me exept the cuirass with the mace and hatchet.

I found I could actually hit the thing with the longsword. Keep that I did. As well as the crossbow, which was very easy to use. I threw on some of the armor in the chamber, and thus disguised, went to seek the arena's medic.

I found him, and he healed the arrow wound with a spell. As he was tlaking to me about payment, I decided that that was a good time to make my exit...

This post has been edited by stargate525: Sep 24 2005, 01:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Sep 24 2005, 12:15 AM
Post #18

Knower
Group Icon

An interesting story; I'll keep an eye on this one.
+Quote Post
stargate525
post Sep 24 2005, 01:54 AM
Post #19

Finder
Group Icon

QUOTE(mplantinga @ Sep 23 2005, 07:15 PM)
An interesting story; I'll keep an eye on this one.

thank you.

--------------------
+Quote Post
minque
post Sep 25 2005, 07:00 PM
Post #20

Wise Woman
Group Icon

Oh ayye....poor Lizard.....hey it´s very intersting this one......you make it with a sad humorous twitch...jeez it´s good!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:03 PM