Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Story of Taillus, The Finale
Taillus
post Apr 10 2006, 07:34 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Five pages on Microsoft word for your reading pleasure. I decided to post this in two chunks and I am sorry if this makes for a lot of reading but I need to keep up to my playing time in Oblivion so I can create the story of Xander (In the game world he just hopped into his first gate! Im so proud!) Here is the finale of the Story of Taillus, for those that have missed it, read Chapter 1 for the final fight!

“From here on is common knowledge. Everyone knows that Xander Moorcroft had tried as hard as he could to stop Taillus. He rallied troops in Ebonheart that were from all over Vvardenfell. With the help of the mages guild and the fighter’s guild the generals of Ebonheart had brought together an army that that could conquer whole cities. There were soldiers from all walks of life and they all were willing to lose their lives in hopes that they would see their swords in the flesh of Taillus.

This night was going to decide the fate of the people of this continent. Would they all become prisoners of Molag Bal? Or would they overcome the monster that Taillus had become and thwart the plans of the evil Daedric Prince?”

“I am very glad that you are willing to do anything to stop this madman Xander but you cannot just come in here and take the wheel from the captain of the ship! You may be used to ruling your men under your order in the Blue Lions but this is a far larger scale. I cannot let you just come in and take over.” States the Duke of Ebonheart.

Both men sit at a large table as they discuss the plans for stopping Taillus. Duke Vedam Dren knows the urgency of the situation and was the one who ordered Sellus Gravius to get Xander from the frozen north. He knew why Taillus was so strong and knew that there was little that they could do but he still wanted to plan for a full frontal attack.

“If you take the troops I have rounded together for you I am sure you can lead them to victory. We have more then enough men waiting for your order and surely they can slay this monster of a man.” The Duke asks, obviously puzzled as to why Xander suddenly wants to stop these men from attacking Taillus.

“We need the men to guard Ebonheart, if you send them all headlong at Taillus he will definitely cut through them like a knife through soft bread. You have no idea what this man is capable of and don’t act like you do!” Xander shouts as he angrily gets to his feet.

“I would appreciate you having some respect Xander, Remember the chain of command goes as such: The Emperor, Myself, then you. I would hate to see you chained up in holding at a time like this. Now can you explain your logic for why you do not want those men to be launched in a frontal attack?” The Duke asks.

“It will be hard to explain to someone who is more concerned with his status being regarded then the safety of his own people. Leave those poor men to guard the castle walls and I will deal with Taillus myself. Clearly I am in the presence of a man who doesn’t even know which end of a sword to grab.” Xander growls as he turns to leave.

“Xander my patience is wearing thin! Take those men and kill Taillus! That is an order! No man can withstand the force of a battalion such as that. Taillus will fall in minutes and you will return to my chambers to apologize for your disrespect.” The Duke hisses back.

“I will report the casualties to you if I manage to survive Dren. Then we can think about a second option for taking this demon down. I suggest you stay away from the heat of battle and go into hiding. I can bet he will have great pleasure in taking you down.” Xander says before slamming the door behind him.

“Lord knows that I wouldn’t mind doing so myself as well.” Xander says to himself as he walks quickly to leave Castle Ebonheart and see his new battalion.

Outside the gates of Ebonheart stand an ocean of men and women alike, from every corner of the continent and from all walks of life. All ready to square off against one man. He can see it in how they stand, how they talk to one another. Xander knows that they underestimate Taillus and they have no idea what they are up against.

Xander exits as the gate closes behind him. Luckily everyone had enough common sense to keep some soldiers inside the gates just in case, not like anything will matter. Taillus would surely stomp through here much the same as he did in Balmora, Seyda Neen and everywhere else his feet had led him.

Meanwhile, Taillus had used his seemingly infinite pool of magicka to carry him just outside of Ebonheart. He wanted to watch from a distance. He wanted to see how many people they had lined up for him. He wondered how long it would take him to cut his way through every single one of them as he looked at the imperial legion soldiers with their cookie-cutter armor and weapons.

“Look at them Taillus, over one hundred souls practically lined up and ready to be taken. It is like a farm of sorts isn’t it? What do you say to a little pre-battle battle? You should summon some of my followers to scare them straight, make them fear us Taillus. Let their blood boil in terror before we steal the life from their worthless bodies.” Molag Bal whispers to his war machine.

Taillus lifts his hands into the air as magicka swirls around him while increasing numbers of bloodthirsty daedroths materialize almost out of thin air. Taillus simply points to Ebonheart and the demons sprint towards the men.

Taillus licks his lips in anticipation and sprints across the the grassy field and charges into battle. The Daedroths seem to enjoy ripping though the chain-mail parts of the Imperial armor revealing tender flesh underneath. The number of crocodile-like Daedra quickly make short work of soldiers but not quicker then Taillus.

Taillus was able to send men through the air with only one swing of his dastardly mace. With the power of more then fifty souls at his disposal as well as the mace itself Taillus was invincible. With each swing, one soldier or more lost their life and debris from splintering armor and shards of metal from breaking weapons flew through the air.

Time seemed to move in slow motion but Taillus himself seemed to move at a normal pace. The Imperial soldiers were almost helpless as their flailing bodies were either sent upwards for a few feet before landing lifelessly on the ground or sent backwards reeling into crowds of other soldiers. A white haze filled the battle area as the souls of the fallen make their way to the evil Daedric Soul Gem.

It didn’t take long for Xander to fight his way to the front of the field where he met once again with Taillus. Just like before, he stood with a full suit of steel armor branded with the crest of the Blue Lions, his cape was shortened for battle and he had removed his helm to allow better vision. He stood before Taillus who was upset that he was unable to finish Xander off last time.

“You do not deserve to stand before your men, Breton! You should watch me kill your entire squad before I kill you like the coward you are. Get out of my face and let me fight a real hero!” Taillus shouts as he swings his mace again. Xander can feel it connect with his shoulder sending him up into the air before landing hard and away from the battle. He fights to get to his feet but the mace had badly broken his already injured arm and the fall had finished off the rest of his shattered ribs as well as taken a toll on his knee.

--------------------
“Worry not, young Breton. This will be over very quickly but I wish I could say that it would be painless. You will suffer greatly before you join the countless other souls that fuel my power.” - Taillus
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Taillus   The Story of Taillus   Apr 10 2006, 07:34 PM
Agent Griff   Wonderful! I can imagine the Daedroths scaling...   Apr 10 2006, 07:40 PM
Taillus   Edit - About the size of the batallion (Maybe a be...   Apr 10 2006, 07:40 PM
jack cloudy   Great stuff as always! Have fun with Xander...   Apr 10 2006, 08:58 PM
Agent Griff   Great update! It saddens me though that it wil...   Apr 11 2006, 06:49 AM
Taillus   That is all folks. Remember to read the end battle...   Apr 19 2006, 05:36 PM
jack cloudy   Ah, too bad we won't get a long story of Xande...   Apr 19 2006, 05:43 PM
Tellie   I must agree with Cloudy here...I have just caugh...   Apr 19 2006, 06:04 PM
Agent Griff   Aye, this story was trully epic. From the betrayal...   Apr 20 2006, 10:45 AM
Taillus   Thanks so much guys. I loved working on the story ...   Apr 20 2006, 12:55 PM
treydog   An excellent wrap-up of a high-energy story. Grea...   Apr 21 2006, 05:29 PM
minque   Yes Taillus another amazing story of yours.....I w...   Apr 21 2006, 05:47 PM
Taillus   I decided to share a few pictures with you all. I ...   Apr 24 2006, 10:31 PM
minque   sweet pictures! Oh I´d love to see more of tho...   Apr 24 2006, 10:35 PM
Mazelure   Man I barely started to red your storys Taillus (e...   Apr 24 2006, 11:26 PM
Taillus   Mazelure... Sorry to make you grieve, I am current...   Apr 25 2006, 12:42 AM
Kiln   Great way to wrap it up Taillus, I just noticed th...   Apr 25 2006, 01:01 AM
Tellie   Woaw....those were great pics...I truly loved them...   Apr 25 2006, 02:40 PM
Agent Griff   Taillus looks too handsome for the horrible murder...   Apr 25 2006, 02:48 PM
Taillus   Hey Griff I don't mind that you think you...   Apr 25 2006, 02:54 PM
Agent Griff   I thought about that but at least this isn't l...   Apr 25 2006, 04:07 PM
Taillus   I thought it would be kind of cool to post a few m...   May 10 2006, 05:40 PM
minque   OHHHHH.....YUMMYYYY......this is great, ah he is v...   May 10 2006, 06:40 PM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:58 AM