8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Favorite mods
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 8 2014, 09:43 PM
Post #81

Mouth
Group Icon

Deactivating All Natural is tricky, since not only does it change the weathers, it changes many MANY interior meshes so you can see out the windows.

Pretty much you need to go to the testing hall, force the weather to default (38eee) save IN THE CONSOLE (very important) and deactivate.

But surely you already knew that if you just wanted the vanilla weathers you could've opened the mod's config file and disabled all the other mod-added weathers right?

Right?

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 09:48 PM
Post #82

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Thomas Kaira @ Apr 8 2014, 04:43 PM) *

But surely you already knew that if you just wanted the vanilla weathers you could've opened the mod's config file and disabled all the other mod-added weathers right?

No sir I did not. But thank you. What do you mean by 'testing hall?'

This post has been edited by Renee Gade IV: Apr 8 2014, 09:49 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 8 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #83

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 8 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Out-of-game cells - makes a convenient place to wait that's not in the game, but is still part of it, if you see what I mean.

--------------------
Mods for The Elder Scrolls single-player games, and I play ESO.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 8 2014, 10:11 PM
Post #84

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(ghastley @ Apr 8 2014, 04:59 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee Gade IV @ Apr 8 2014, 04:48 PM) *

Out-of-game cells - makes a convenient place to wait that's not in the game, but is still part of it, if you see what I mean.

Okay, so what you're saying is

1). I go into the console,
2). I type in one of the codes found on that UESP page, hit enter, and this places my character in an out-of-game cell (right?)

3). I force the weather to default by typing 38eee.

4). Make a save while still in the console.

5). Leave console, leave game, and then deactivate All Natural in OBMM?

Did I get that right?

TK: Keep in mind I'm still new to all this. I don't know everything yet.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Thomas Kaira
post Apr 9 2014, 12:13 AM
Post #85

Mouth
Group Icon

That is correct.

--------------------
Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 9 2014, 05:51 PM
Post #86

Knower
Group Icon

I want to expand Lissa's Tamriel as much as possible. I've already downloaded Elsweyr: Deserts of Annequia which we are loving at the moment.

Next will be a mod to add Valenwood... but I haven't decided yet. There appears to be a few, so I need to pick the right one.
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 9 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #87

Councilor
Group Icon

The Valenwood mod by the same author as the Elsweyr one works best with it. If you're intending to run them together, it's a no-brainer.

If you intend to remove Elsweyr, or run Valenwood in a new game, it won't matter.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 9 2014, 07:25 PM
Post #88

Paladin
Group Icon

ghastley, are you saying that Illiana (authoress of the Elsweyr mod) also has a V-wood mod? I can find Valenwood Improved and Valenwood Unleashed, but that's it (and neither are by Illiana). I checked Nexus and also the Assimilation Lab (which hosts Illiana's mods) and couldn't find any such mod. I'd adore more info on such a mod. smile.gif

I've been happily running Illiana's older Elsweyr mod and plan to uninstall it to install her March 2014 version at some point soon.

I've never (successfully) installed what seems to be the most popular V-wood mod (Valenwood Improved). It kicked my OBMM butt and I gave up on it. laugh.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 9 2014, 08:07 PM
Post #89

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry, I'd confused the compatibility patch with the mod itself.

Make that VI with Elsweyr (and the compatibility patch).

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 9 2014, 09:01 PM
Post #90

Paladin
Group Icon

Okay, thanks. That seems to be the primary package. The patch (Elsweyr - VI) has been taken down from all upload sites it seems and no one seems able to find it these days. Tmar (over at BethSoft) runs that package. Out of kindness, he temp disabled his patch and reports that running Elsweyr and VI without the patch does not cause major problems. He says he would not let access to the patch deter running both mods.

My problem is, as I said, I could not get VI installed with OBMM. I've got WB and use a few of its utilities, but I've never touched BAIN and my whole install is OBMM.
Edit: Okay, I did some review of the OBMM's nuts and bolts and got VI running. I quickly went to the border south of Skingrad between Elsweyr and V-wood. You can definitely see where the two mods don't 'mesh', and there are some minor land tears along the border. Definitely navigable and, in my opinion, not having the compatibility patch available does not preclude running both mods. I still need to install the VI translation, upgrade and translation to the upgrade. I'm quite encouraged and rather excited though.

Edit again: VI is now a solid install and seems to be working perfectly. A significant expansion of Buffy's range. tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Acadian: Apr 10 2014, 12:14 AM

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 10 2014, 12:44 AM
Post #91

Master
Group Icon

Yay! Great news! Cuz I really want to run Elseweyr and VI side by side.

I rather suspected there would be some land tearing and that would be all. I can live with that. There's always the tcl if I must. But it's good to know someone else beat me to it. wink.gif

Also, does this mean we will get to see "Buffy Does Valenwood" screenies? panic.gif I hope so!

--------------------
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 10 2014, 01:38 AM
Post #92

Councilor
Group Icon

I haven't been into Valenwood for a long time, but I recall having to fix some broken stuff. There was at least one enemy that was PC level +20 or something stupid that was intended to have the PC offset flag off, and the spriggans were immortal because the script that resurrected them didn't have its end condition right. That was all noted in the thread at Bethsoft, but it might be hard to track down.

Were thos things fixed in the upgrade you refer to?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 10 2014, 01:50 AM
Post #93

Paladin
Group Icon

Rider - I'm sure Buffy will get some screenies from V-wood since it seems like it's now in her range. tongue.gif

ghastley - I've heard about the spriggan problem and I don't believe it is fixed in the mod. I expect when we run into that stuff, we'll crack open the CS and change the sprigs to suit our taste. As the modder reports, in the cities, there are plenty of unfinished buildings - meaning that they are simply unfurnished and uninhabited. Buffy's in her first dungeon now; it happens to be a zombie fort and seems well done (and darker than Cyrodiil's dungeons). We're in NW V-wood and the terrain and plants still seem quite similar to the Gold Coast.

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
ghastley
post Apr 10 2014, 01:57 AM
Post #94

Councilor
Group Icon

@Acadian: Do you use Shezrie's Towns? There was one in Valenwood near Anvil, and she did a VI patch for it. I think it was just for landscape tears, but I don't remember all the details.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 10 2014, 02:41 AM
Post #95

Paladin
Group Icon

ghasley - No, but I've heard good things about them. Beyond those provided by VI and Elsweyr, the only additional towns I'm using are New Valen (an elven tree village near the junction of V-wood, Elsweyr and Cyrodiil made by Cara) and Falkreath (up in Skyrim, by you).

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 10 2014, 03:13 AM
Post #96

Master
Group Icon

Acadian, please do keep us posted on what you find in VI - I definitely want to hear about it.

As for Julian, I'm torn between Lady Nerevar's mod? and the TWMP mod?

I know Lady Nerevar was part of the amazing Tamriel Rebuilt team and was working on this mod before it was spun off from the TR team. They made the decision, as I understand it, to focus the TR primarily on Morrowind, and have Hammerfell have its own team. It's progressing slowly, from what hear, because so few people are working on it. Might be only the one! In any case, as so much had already been put into it, that's why I'm so interested in it.

OTOH, the TWMP project is part of a larger collaboration. TWMP is a new height map created for the provinces of Tamriel that allow you to create more detailed mods using the lands around Cyrodiil. It seems to have quite a bit of support, judging from the various mods that are built up on it in the Nexus. I do not think Iliana's Elseweyr mod uses it though, so they may not be compatible.

I'm not sure, but I think my "old" Mac Pro can handle all the extra land. It would be cool to sail all around the coast - there are a couple of sailing mods that I looked at like this one?, which recommends TWMP, and this one? which just looks like plain fun. In either case, both would be nice for Julian to explore and indulge her love for the sea. And maybe find her mother's birthplace in Hammerfell. Perhaps she'll learn something about her family history there!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 10 2014, 03:34 AM
Post #97

Paladin
Group Icon

Gosh, that all looks fabulous! I've had Elsweyr for some time now and just cannot say enough good about it. Not only do I love the desert, but Illiana did simply an incredible job of creating a magical and exotic land right out of Arabian Nights.

Tmar, over at BethSoft has been using VI for a long time and I've seen tons of his screens - enough to know that the mod looks more 'foresty' than the jungle I would love to see in V-wood. Oh, you'll get a kick out of this: Buffy just found a statue/shrine to Julianos in northern V-wood that overlooks Julian's farm(formerly known as Gweden Farm). tongue.gif

Hammerfell looks wonderful and would certainly suit Julian. The screens in the Lady Neravar one show what seems to be a similarity to the Elsweyr mod (and that is high praise).

I know almost nothing regarding TWMP (beyond its concept). I know there are conversions to make VI TWMP.

I've not used one of the sailing mods, but I think Pseron Wyrd has spoken highly of the one by Side.

Buffy and I actually get a lot of mileage out of the SI - now that the dweeb Sheo's been deposed. laugh.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
haute ecole rider
post Apr 11 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #98

Master
Group Icon

Tmar, over at BethSoft has been using VI for a long time and I've seen tons of his screens - enough to know that the mod looks more 'foresty' than the jungle I would love to see in V-wood. Oh, you'll get a kick out of this: Buffy just found a statue/shrine to Julianos in northern V-wood that overlooks Julian's farm(formerly known as Gweden Farm). tongue.gif
That right there is reason enough for Julian and I to download VI!! laugh.gif

I agree that V-wood should be more jungle-y. But I imagine it may be difficult to generate new tree textures. Brittainy's Lush and Gaudy vegetation series is closer to how I picture V-wood, but it is global, not confined to a specific region.

So a little bit at a time. Things are busy for me at work right now, so Julian is preoccupied with fitting in at school. We haven't done much exploring all week. Maybe on Sundas?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 11 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #99

Councilor
Group Icon

I’m so glad to hear that Elsweyr and VI play together! It will be ages before Jerric and Lil finish exploring Elsweyr, and now I have Valenwood to look forward to! Thank you, Acadian!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Rihanae
post Apr 15 2014, 06:00 PM
Post #100

Knower
Group Icon

Quick question. Can anybody recommend any mods that keep the roads clear of enemies? Or at least reduces the amount of enemies on the roads? It gets a bit tedious having to fight ALL the time when traveling to places haha
+Quote Post

8 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:38 AM