Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Diablo Games, Glory and Approbation to Diablo, Lord of Terror, and Leader of the Thr
SubRosa
post Aug 9 2022, 06:50 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

I was surprised that there was not a topic here just for Diablo. I guess because the games are just too old. So I went ahead and created one.

I also went ahead and picked up Diablo II Resurrected a few days ago. For those not in the know, it is an official update of the original Diablo II to run on modern systems. It supports modern graphics (1920 x 1080, not sure if it will go higher). It is not exactly a remake. It is the same game as before. But it does seem to come with a lot of little quality of live improvements. The graphics do look better at the higher resolutions, and the UI is scaled up with it, so you do not to squint to see everything (which tends to happen when mods do old games at higher resolutions).

But the main thing is that it will run on Windows 10 (and I would guess 11 as well). I have tried several times to install the old game off its original cds, but have had no luck at all in getting it to work. This does work.

For example, the starting camp

It seems Blood Raven's fame has preceded her.

Here is one of my old pics of the original Diablo II for comparison

So naturally I have been playing a lot of Diablo II right. Of course not!

Here I am, back playing good old Diablo I, because of course...

I am using the DevilutionX mod on Diablo 1. It runs it in up to 1920 x 1080, and comes with a lot of little improvements and options, like enabling the test Bard and Barbarian classes that never got fully implemented.

I experimented a little with the Bard. It is an interesting class. It's special skill is to Identify magic items, so you never need to use scrolls or cart them back to town to have the old guy at the well do it for you (I forget his name, Cedric?) It is basically a jack of all trades class. It is the second best at magic, and I think second best at melee. You also get to dual wield. But that is not really that powerful. It seems to work best if you use the right magic items, with the right kinds of buffs. You are a bit of a glass cannon though, since you cannot use a shield, and you can't raise your strength and vitality as high as a Warrior.

But I have mostly been playing as the good old Bowazon that I so fondly recall from days of yore.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Aug 10 2022, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Diablo... isn't that devil or demon in Latin? If so, the game pics fully are portrayed well. It's a pretty dark game for sure.

Lopov: Maybe you should try Diablo again as an adult! tongue.gif

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:01 PM