6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buffy's Book of Short Stories, Somewhere in Time
Darkness Eternal
post Apr 19 2016, 07:52 PM
Post #41

Master
Group Icon

Unfinished Business – Buffy and the Box.

Sanguine. An amusing Daedric Prince. After a brief encounter with Sanguine overly friendly servant, Buffy deals with the Prince of Reverly. Sanguine, though a Daedric Prince, was very, uh, willing when it came to giving Buffy her stuff. Must have been tough to even deal with Dremora, as Grits mentioned. After the Oblivion Crisis, people's tolerance for Daedra shifted quite a bit.

Fun fact about Sanguine's Pocket Realms: "Oblivion plane is an expression of its Prince's very nature, so to say that each 'craves absolute control' of his or her sphere is inexact, as a desire for 'absolute control' is not central to every Prince's nature. To use the example you chose yourself, Sanguine's Myriad Realms of Revelry is a congeries of pocket and sub-realms, within which Sanguine grants his guests considerable latitude for personal customization, as each mini-realm can be refashioned to meet the needs and desires of its visitants. It is in Sanguine's nature to indulge the natures of others, particularly their darker desires—so to Sanguine, 'absolute control' is anathema."

Sanguine doesn't seem too bad hubbahubba.gif

A Bard’s Tale – Part 1

Buffy must have a beautiful voice if it captures the attention of a bard. Nice introduction to Lady Pantea and a song I believe all of us are not unfamiliar with smile.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 22 2016, 12:58 AM
Post #42

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow yeah, Buffy can sing! I love the mixed-media thing you've got going on here. It's neat how the story just ends with their faces in shock or whatever.

This story is reminding me of Gabrielle on the Xena show, who was also a bard, and there's all these episodes that deal with her struggling to get better at it while she's traveling all over the place.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 22 2016, 12:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 22 2016, 03:37 PM
Post #43

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu- Thank you! The songs Buffy will sing during the five parts of this story are all actual bardic songs featured in either Skyrim or ESO.

Lopov- Despite the brevity of the prose portions in this series, I’m grateful that you found the interactions still seemed effective. I expect Lady Pantea will provide Buffy plenty of guidance to fine tune her natural talents going forward.

ghastley- You are right that Buffy’s projected image of a dragon (and her tempo, I might add) will need some adjusting by the pros to suit Skyrim audiences. Due to our sharp focus on developing Buffy’s musical gifts, we won’t be able to work any Bards College quests into this series. Great idea for later short stories however!

SubRosa- Thank you. I look forward to showing how, with plenty of help, Buffy develops some more depth to her abilities. Between you and me, Talsgar has probably (unknown to Buffy) seen and heard the elf singing while bathing in various rivers, ponds and waterfalls across Skyrim.

Grits- It is not easy to bring the verbose elf in with a low word count, but I really do want the actual songs to take center stage during this tale – your endorsement that my editing still retained what it needed to is very encouraging. That Flowing Bowl performance really was a good peek at the ‘end product’, whereas this series shows some of the sausage making required to get there – thanks for pointing that out!

mALX- Thank you for your kind words! I do agree that Buffy’s chipmunk nervousness did produce kind of a cute singing voice. She’ll need to settle down some for Skyrim audiences though.

DE- I consider you an authority when it comes to most of the Daedric Princes, so your encouraging words were most welcome. I agree that Sanguine is not so bad in his own way. And more songs ahead!

Renee- Thanks! How neat about Gabrielle and her barding! I say that because I confess some influence from Xena and Gabrielle when it comes to scenes involving the mighty Sir Mazoga and little blond Buffy.

A note on Buffy’s singing voice: While the amazing Enya often lends the haunting beauty of her voice to help power Buffy’s songs, this entire short series features the voice of a stunningly talented songstress called Malukah. Her voice was artificially accelerated during the above episode to achieve our intended ‘chipmunk’ effect. The remaining four songs, however, are not accelerated and I think you will readily agree that Malukah’s voice magnificently enables Buffy to project the passion she is capable of through song.

In the first episode (of five) in A Bard’s Tale, Buffy got dragged into trying to sing for two professional bards. Even as she was singing, she could see that they were not impressed.

A Bard’s Tale – Part 2

As my song finished, Lisette’s valiant efforts to stifle a giggle were faltering into facial contortions. Lady Pantea’s eyebrows had traveled up and down her forehead reflecting surprise, curiosity and very possibly some dismay. My eyes went to my feet, regretting I had ever agreed to sing for someone other than my paladin.

It was Lady Pantea who spoke. “Buffy, that was. . . fascinating. Let us begin by discussing your voice. Every note was flawlessly in key. You allowed your nervousness, however, to run away with your tempo. I’m surprised Lisette’s fingers could keep up on the lute.”

“Too fast?” I said, looking up to meet her eyes.

“Like a little chipmunk.” Her face creased into a warm smile and she placed a hand comfortingly on my shoulder. “We can fix that though. If you pull your voice up from deep within instead of just from your mouth and throat, it will necessarily slow you down. At first, you will also find it helpful to consciously think about tempo as well as take your pacing from Lisette’s lute. Can you remember those things?”

In response to my nod, she continued, “As for your nervousness, take comfort that you are among friends here who want to help bring out the talent that both Lisette and I can clearly see. I have performed for kings, courts and festivals all across Skyrim for many years. I have also trained countless young voices. If and when I proclaim you ready for real audiences, you may rest assured that they will not find you lacking.”

I snuck a peek at Lisette to see her nodding encouragingly.

Pantea continued, “Now let’s talk about this amazing gift you have of projecting images via your voice. How much control do you have?”

“I have no say over the fact that my singing voice carries visions. What you see are reflections of what a song means to me and flashbacks of what I have seen in my travels. I do have some control over what memories I focus on.”

“I see,” said Pantea. “Do you understand that few share your interpretation of dragons? Most do not see them as creatures to peacefully frolic with in some idyllic meadow.”

I nodded. “I was at Helgen when it was destroyed.”

Pantea’s eyes widened. “Then you do understand the carnage they can bring and the terrifying feelings of helplessness that such nearly indestructible monsters inspire.”

I shuddered as I recalled exactly what Pantea was talking about. “I-I remember.”

“Buffy, that song serves to not only remind people of the horror and death that dragons bring, but to inspire them with hope that the gods have not abandoned them. That a hero will arise who is mighty enough to slay even dragons.” She squeezed both my hands and studied my face carefully. “Do you understand?”

“I believe I do, Lady Pantea.”

“Splendid!” She replied. “Let us try it again, ladies. Buffy, pull your voice up from down deep. Take your pacing from Lisette’s lute. Remember Helgen.”

Lisette began strumming through one verse to help set our tempo.

This time, I did not seek the comfort of Acadian’s beautiful ice dragaon, Phantom. Rather, I focused on the grim horror and carnage I knew that Alduin and his ilk were capable of.

As Lisette’s lute returned to the top of the melody, I began to sing.

1:55 min music video

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 22 2016, 04:45 PM
Post #44

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Once again Buffy delivers! Such a nice song that inspires hope, even in the darkest of times happy.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Apr 22 2016, 10:34 PM
Post #45

Councilor
Group Icon

Yeah, what Crow says about "darkest times". Because Skyrim is a darker game for sure.

I found the part when she sees visions as she sings especially intriguing. It's rather Sethian, as in "Seth Speaks", if you're familiar. A spirit who speaks through a medium, basically. And I remember there was a part when Seth speaks of music as being multi-dimensional and multi-faceted, and actually more than what we hear with our ears.

Well anyway, that is pretty neat, playing a bard, taking up the role of a bard. Lopov has had a bard too. I don't think I ever have. smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 23 2016, 02:00 AM
Post #46

Ancient
Group Icon

“Like a little chipmunk.”
Suddenly I am thinking her song sounded a little like this... wink.gif

Buffy gave us a wonderfully haunting melody this time out.

I imagine that if Buffy ever learns to play the violin, it might sound like this.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 23 2016, 02:05 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kazaera
post Apr 23 2016, 10:41 AM
Post #47

Finder
Group Icon

Haha, the tempo! I can so see that happening. (I've definitely let my speed run away with me before in public speaking for the same reason).

I love Buffy being a bard, it suits her so well. And Lisette and Lady Pantea are really lovely in drawing her out past her shyness and feelings of inadequacy (don't worry, Buffy! We've all been there!) and getting her to the woman who sang at the Flowing Bowl earlier. What an intriguing ability she has, as well, and I really like how it works - she doesn't choose what to project, but she can choose what to focus on as she sings! I have to admit I can imagine some, ah, embarrassing moments if her mind jumps somewhere it shouldn't go as she sings... wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 24 2016, 05:21 PM
Post #48

Master
Group Icon

I like that you write in such details beginnings of Buffy's bardic career. My favorite part of the latest tale is when Buffy's eyes widen upon hearing that it was a bit too fast, I could easily picture her doing that. smile.gif

Neat song, and it does sound more calm, especially after listening to the previous one again.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 27 2016, 11:52 PM
Post #49

Ancient
Group Icon

This was fantastic! I have never seen that trailer vid for Skyrim that Buffy conjured up with her song; that was amazing and really brought the Helgen attack to life!

When they were talking about not picturing dragons frolicking with Buffy in a field, I was reminded of this screen of a Buffy-ish blonde and her dragons frolicking in a field:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/RHTw8BxU1fk/maxresdefault.jpg

But after hearing Buffy sing the song with the horror that was Helgen in the images she brought forth - much better!

Awesome chapter !!!

As you know, my 20 day free trial on the voice software has ended, so I've been using the online (one sentence at a time) one for Buffy's story. Tell Buffy I'm sorry it took so long to get it read! (Most def worth it though) !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 28 2016, 05:58 PM
Post #50

Councilor
Group Icon

I have to confess, when Jerric hears Malukah’s voice in the ESO taverns, he thinks of Buffy. wub.gif

What a powerful and haunting performance Buffy gave for her second rendition of the Dragonborn song. Only someone who has witnessed horror and believes in heroes could come up with images like that. Not only does Buffy have the rare gift to share what she imagines, but she is the rare soul who can be trusted to use it. Well done, Buffy!

Lady Pantea is just marvelous here. Love it!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 29 2016, 01:22 PM
Post #51

Paladin
Group Icon

mirocu- Aww, thanks. Things will get a little more challenging for Buffy now.

Renee- Thank you. Acadian has long been able to telepathically share images or even scenes with Buffy from her past. I figure he shares some of that ability with Buffy who augments it with her own illusion skill. That's our story, anyway. biggrin.gif

SubRosa- Yes! Alvin and his furry little pals was what Buffy’s first effort reminded me of. And when you say her next effort was haunting, you once again nail our intent for that selection. Thank you.

Kazaera- I chuckled, for I have to agree with you about some of the embarrassing possibilities of projecting somewhat uncontrolled images could provide. Thanks also for recognizing the self-doubts that have always haunted Buffy.

Lopov- Thanks for mentioning that, despite our intentional brevity in the supporting prose portions of this tale, it seems that we have enough ‘details’ to help convey the personalities involved.

mALX- Thanks for your kind words as well as the spectacular moments you are sharing from Game of Thrones as you enjoy waatching it. What a beautiful picture you linked to from GoT! I want that game! wink.gif

Grits- You always find the magic words to inspire both Buffy and I in our humble efforts. Thank you. I chuckled to hear you say that Jerric thinks of Buffy when Malukah sings in ESO. Poor Buffy thinks of Jerric everytime she sees a big blond bearded Nord - and since that describes nearly half the population in Skyrim, she manages to stay in nearly a constant state of fluster. embarrased.gif

In the second episode (of five) in A Bard’s Tale, the efforts of Buffy’s singing mentors to slow her tempo and project a more sobering perspective of dragons proved successful as Buffy delivered a fine rendition of The Dragonborne Comes.

A Bard’s Tale – Part 3

As Lisette lowered her lute, she smiled. “Simply beautiful. That is what I wanted Lady Pantea to see and hear.”

“Bravo, Buffy!” exclaimed Pantea. “You incorporated everything I suggested into an impressive performance.”

“Can I sing another song?” I asked excitedly.

“That’s the spirit,” replied Pantea. “Do you know Age of Aggression and Age of Oppression?” After I nodded, she continued. “The challenge with that song is convincingly portraying the Empire’s cause in some holds, then doing the same for the Stormcloaks in the territories they control.” She briefly glanced over her shoulder to ensure the recital chamber’s door was closed and lowered her voice. “Lisette supports the Legion and struggles with the Stormcloak version. In my travels, I’ve learned to successfully parlay my status as a performer into remaining neutral. Since it is not really possible to separate this song from the civil war, tell me your thoughts.”

“I cannot support either side," I began, "but my heart weeps over the futility of their cause. I trade freely with both Legion and Stormcloak camps, sometimes bringing them fresh venison to augment their meager rations. Some of them talk about family, home and even their fears.”

“Go on,” encouraged Pantea gently.

“I’ve had the misfortune of encountering their battles in progress – sometimes from much closer than I’d like as I quickly maneuver clear. To hear the battlecries of the Stormcloak front lines as they ferociously charge, with their massive two-handed weapons raised, into a disciplined and equally deadly wall of Legion shield and gladius is terrifying. All of this, while archers in the rear ranks of both sides relentlessly loose volley after lethal volley of piercing death. . . .”

A brief shudder ran through me before I continued, “On those occasions when I come across the blood-soaked ground and broken bodies marking the aftermath of such engagements, I bring my mare to a stop at the edge of the battlefield. I weep for the young men and women who may have grown up in the same village and perhaps played together as children. I think of brothers and sisters killing each other over the color of their surcoat. I imagine families grieving as they learn the grim news of what I see before me. So many young lives cut short. . . .” I conjured a handkerchief to dab my eyes. “And to what end? Cannot they see that only together do the two sides have any chance of stopping the Thalmor’s plans of conquest?”

“You have no shortage of passion, Buffy, that much is clear,” Pantea remarked soberly. “Can you understand and project some of the feelings that those who support the Empire have?”

“I had business with the court here in Solitude shortly after King Torygg’s death,” I said. “Having lost my own mate some time ago, I offered my condolences to Elisef the Fair. I believe my words touched her heart, for she treated me quite kindly. Both her steward and court mage eloquently explained some of the reasoning shared by those who favor a united Empire. I can try to focus on that, but I’m not entirely sure I can block my underlying emotions from seeping into the visions I project.” I took a deep breath. “Lisette, are you ready?”

The Nord lifted her lute and nodded. “Let’s begin.”

3:28 min music video

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 29 2016, 02:34 PM
Post #52

Ancient
Group Icon

Wow, what a powerful vid that was!

What I loved best about this chapter was how Buffy's compassion for the soldiers stayed neutral; how she is still after all these years using her hunting to feed the starving men at war, no matter whose side they are on. That is so Buffy!

I really liked how Buffy noted that these children that grew up playing side by side were now divided by the color or markings of their clothing.

Awesome Update !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 29 2016, 05:01 PM
Post #53

Spam Meister
Group Icon

The folly of war.

Family, friends, the fear of not coming home. Even in heated combat both sides have more in common than not. The leaders remain behind safe cover far away from the horrible slaughter but regardless who stay on top at the end, war has no real winners.

Because war, war never changes.

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 29 2016, 09:57 PM
Post #54

Ancient
Group Icon

I weep for the young men and women who may have grown up in the same village and perhaps played together as children.
Hadvar and Ralof always bring this to my mind. Both seem to be from Riverwood - each has family there at least - and doubtlessly they played together as kids. Yet now they are set against one another.

And another haunting tune to finish it off.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 2 2016, 08:03 PM
Post #55

Master
Group Icon

I enjoyed reading Buffy's views of the war, when Pantea asked her which side she supports, I expected her to stay neutral yet finding the reason behind their battle to be futile as only unity can lead to changes.

I agree with mALX; that video is really powerful and wow, how well done. Buffy singing in the background made it even more believable.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 5 2016, 10:35 PM
Post #56

Master
Group Icon

A Bard’s Tale – Part 2

We begin with analyzing Buffy's singing abilities. Her vocal talents are known as well as her chipmunky voice, hehe. Lady Pantea performing for a wide array of people from all walks of life tells me Buffy can trust her judgement and whatever lesson she has to offer.

A nice song, that one. I agree with Mr.Crow and Renee. While Skyrim is most certainly a dark place, in a dark time . . . Buffy's inspirational music ignites hope and promise of better days.

Besides . . . how bad can Skyrim be when Buffy is present?

happy.gif

A Bard’s Tale – Part 3

Contrast to the previous chapter, Buffy is already praised by her wondrous performance by both Lady Pantea and Lisette. This here caught my attention.

“I cannot support either side," I began, "but my heart weeps over the futility of their cause. I trade freely with both Legion and Stormcloak camps, sometimes bringing them fresh venison to augment their meager rations. Some of them talk about family, home and even their fears.”

I don't think I have ever met someone in Skyrim who remains neutral to the cause. There probably are people around but I can sympathize with Buffy here. In a time of war, some venison, mead and soup and wonderful memories of family is all a man needs. Thank the gods for Buffy.

What Buffy mentioned about the children growing together, as mALX and Subrosa said, rings so true. Sadly, I believe the only time for fellowship for these young ones grown up is Sovngarde . . . when it beckons, every one of them dies. Sadly. This was a fantastic chapter, Acadian and the music is so great!! Powerful video!

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
Grits
post May 6 2016, 04:17 AM
Post #57

Councilor
Group Icon

I think Buffy would find that Vilkas, though in most ways the complete opposite of Buffy, shares her views on the war.

Buffy’s thoughts about opposing soldiers who grew up playing together and the sadness of bereaved families regardless of what side they are on made me think of lots of folks across Skyrim, but they mostly made me think of Buffy and how she really gets to know people. She is so empathetic, all of that heartbreak must take a toll on her. What a beautiful outlet for her to express a small part of that emotion.

I liked that Falk Firebeard’s and Jarl Elisif’s calm reason inspired Buffy when she sang in support of the Empire. They both talk about unity and peace. I also liked that the song’s feeling was overall loss and sadness rather than the rousing call to arms that the lyrics suggest. Buffy performed without glorifying what she sees as a waste of lives, and so stayed true to herself.

Pantea and Lisette are delightful to watch as they gently coach and coax Buffy to develop her gifts into mad bardic skillz. happy.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 6 2016, 03:14 PM
Post #58

Paladin
Group Icon

mALX- Thank you! You know Buffy well, my friend, when it comes to sharing fresh venison with the soldiers of both sides.

mirocu- Thanks! Buffy does believe there are times when war is necessary, but Skyrim’s tragic civil war is not one of them.

SubRosa- Hadvar and Ralof were exactly who we were thinking of when Buffy talked about likely childhood friends now on opposite sides of this civil war. Thanks!

Lopov- Thank you! In this next episode, Buffy will talk a bit more about the war even as she tries to come to terms with trying to make her rendition less depressingly graphic.

DE- Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. I do believe Bethesda did a pretty good job in presenting the civil war in uncomfortable shades of gray.

Grits- I know what you mean about Vilkas’ views on the war. Thanks for endorsing Buffy’s own brand of empathy – you know her well. Toning down the sadness in favor of at least a little hope will be Buffy’s next challenge.

In the third episode (of five) in A Bard’s Tale, Buffy faced two challenges as she prepared to sing Age of Aggression. The first was a neutral elf attempting to convey support for the Empire; on that count it seems she was successful. Her second challenge was trying to control her own passionate feelings about the horrors, carnage and futility of Skyrim’s civil war, lest they overwhelm the images she projected; not surprisingly, the emotional elf fell short here. . . .

A Bard’s Tale – Part 4

By the time I finished singing Age of Aggression, all three of us had tears in our eyes.

As Lisette lowered her lute, she said, “By the gods, Buffy. That was beautifully sung, but so much. . . carnage. I’ve never seen a real battle. . . I had no idea the level of brutality.”

I swallowed hard. “Now you see why this war breaks my heart. Each of those valiant young soldiers, regardless of uniform, believed they were fighting for a just cause.”

“Lisette’s words are true enough,” said Pantea. “Your rendition is, frankly, too depressing. A bard’s job is to inspire, not to engender hopelessness.”

“Inspire?” I repeated. “To encourage the Stormcloaks and Legion to kill each other simply delivers this beautiful land to the Thalmor who would doubtless purge it of any surviving humans.” I thumped a small fist against my chest. “Even an elf can see that; why cannot the Emperor and Ulfric Stormcloak?”

“The only ones who might benefit from emphasizing the blood and tragedy that you have shown us are those decision-makers who send young soldiers to war – and you will not find them in your typical tavern audience.” Pantea lowered her lifted eyebrow and softened her face. “We sing for those who grieve their dead or fear for loved ones in harm’s way. Your voice and images can provide comfort that the cause they sacrifice for is not in vain. The blood and tears their families have left on the battlefield is worthy of the honor your song can bring them. While that honor may be an illusion, the comfort it brings is not.” She studied my face.

I tilted my head. “I think I understand. . . but I’ll have to think on this before trying again.”

“Agreed,” said Pantea. “You have worked your voice, heart and emotions more than enough for today. I’m going to challenge you with an assignment, however.”

“I-I’ll try my best,” I said.

“Very well. Have Lisette introduce you to our Dean of Lute who will issue you an instrument and begin lessons. With time, you will be able to provide your own accompaniment. After some initial training, you will be able to practice on your own during your trip.”

“Trip?” I repeated. Don’t tell me she wants some dusty relic fetched from a troll-infested cave somewhere. . . .

“Your trip to Windhelm. I’d like you to gain some understanding of what motivates Jarl Ulfric and his Stormcloaks."

“Welcome back, Buffy!” Pantea greeted me warmly. “I hope your pilgrimage was productive?” Without waiting for an answer, she sent word for tea and led me upstairs where we found Lisette practicing in the recital room.

After Lisette and I exchanged hugs, we all sat down to catch up as tea arrived.

“Tell me, Buffy, what are your impressions of Ulfric Stormcloak?” asked Pantea.

I let out a long breath. “I do have a better understanding of the complex man now. His charisma could charm an ice troll. Part of me – a very small part, mind you – was drawn to follow him into battle or even his bed. Another, much bigger part of me wanted to take a hot bath after listening to him in order to wash off the. . . oiliness that oozed from his words. His loyalty to the Stormcloaks and their cause knows no bounds, while his treatment of elves and other non-Nords is contemptible. And there is no doubt that he loves Skyrim more than life itself. He is both mesmerizing and disconcerting - the most confusing set of contradictions I’ve ever met.”

“From what I have seen during my few performances at his palace,” confessed Pantea, “I rather agree. More importantly, can you now understand the mind of a Stormcloak well enough to perform their song with passion?”

“I believe so,” I replied. “I’ve also spent much time pondering the wisdom of your words that I should try to focus more on inspiring my audience and less on the. . . grittier aspects of the war.”

“I look forward to hearing, feeling and seeing what you have learned,” said Pantea as she set her cup on the table and stood. As Lisette and I did likewise, Pantea added, “Lisette, I know that Age of Oppression is. . . a difficult song for you, but do you think you could accompany Buffy with your lute for us?”

“I do realize that it just a song, Lady Pantea, albeit one that praises the disgusting likes of a treasonous killer of kings. That said, I also realize that you are trying to expand Buffy’s ability to convincingly represent either side in song – a feat I will never achieve.” Lisette then picked up her lute and turned to me. “I will be pleased to accompany you, my friend.”

“Splendid!” proclaimed Pantea. “Now a word of discretion. Performing Age of Oppression in holds sympathetic to the Empire may be viewed as treading close to treason.” She closed the double doors to the recital room. “Ladies, you may begin when ready.”

3:14 min music video (song ends at 2:40)

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2016, 06:33 PM
Post #59

Ancient
Group Icon

Don’t tell me she wants some dusty relic fetched from a troll-infested cave somewhere. . . .
If this was in the game she would! That is what all musicians do after all... wink.gif

Now Buffy is ready to sing for Imps and Cloaks alike. DE hit is on the head when he said that the only fellowship most will find with another is in Sovngarde. But depending on how you look on it, that is not necessarily a bad thing. A few years of strife on Nirn balanced against an eternity of drinking, dancing, and fighting in Viking paradise. What more could a Nord ask for?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: May 6 2016, 06:33 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 7 2016, 08:44 PM
Post #60

Ancient
Group Icon

Aw, you skipped the blow by blow when she met Ulfric, all we got was a summary! Buffy's description of Ulfric exactly matched Maxical's take on him - he hates Khajiit too, yet needed her services to win his wars for him.

Very interesting that they had to be careful of being charged with treason for singing that song; that statement set the civil war in my mind a lot stronger than the game ever did.

The vid = really loved how they had Ulfric's voice talking in the background of it, that was really effective! But more than anything, Malukah is one of my favorite singers; she is AWESOME !!!!!!

Buffy doesn't need all these lessons though; because she is at her best when her own heart is shining through in her songs!

Awesome chapter !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post

6 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:41 PM