Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Game of Thrones, *** Spoilers *** (and discussion)
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 15 2019, 02:27 AM
Post #141

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 14 2019, 08:10 PM) *

OH! What if he warged into a dragon already and HE is the father of Drogon's babies? BWAAHAA !!!!

IPB Image

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 15 2019, 02:42 AM
Post #142

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 14 2019, 09:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 14 2019, 08:10 PM) *

OH! What if he warged into a dragon already and HE is the father of Drogon's babies? BWAAHAA !!!!

IPB Image

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 15 2019, 04:09 PM
Post #143

Master
Group Icon

Jaime: *kills Aerys to save the innocents*
Also Jaime: i dONt cARE aBOuT THe iNNocEnTs

Dany: *completely loses it and chains her dragon-children after hearing they burned a child*
Also Dany: THOSE FRICKIN BELLS! BURN THEM ALL!!!!!!

Gods be damned, everything is just... the magnitude of it all is just starting to do its number on me.

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 15 2019, 06:14 PM
Post #144

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 15 2019, 10:09 AM) *

Dany: *completely loses it and chains her dragon-children after hearing they burned a child*

Gods be damned, everything is just... the magnitude of it all is just starting to do its number on me.

Lol, indeed! So bizarre. The Jamie one is worse than the Dany one, imo. This guy murdered his king to keep him from having King’s Landing burnt to the ground with all of the Wildfire he had spread throughout the city. Then for him to say he never cared much for the folks in King’s Landing is really unbelievable.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 15 2019, 07:32 PM
Post #145

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 15 2019, 01:14 PM) *

QUOTE(Uleni Athram @ May 15 2019, 10:09 AM) *

Lol, indeed! So bizarre. The Jamie one is worse than the Dany one, imo. This guy murdered his king to keep him from having King’s Landing burnt to the ground with all of the Wildfire he had spread throughout the city. Then for him to say he never cared much for the folks in King’s Landing is really unbelievable.

Jamie flipped personalities three or four times since D & D took over; Dani completely flipped personalities these last two episodes; (like why she went street to street burning in the farthest end away from the castle and killing all those innocents she has been protecting till now; not to mention that she completely ignored Cersei just standing there watching her from the window and didn't go for the throne first after all this time) - Tyrion totally flipped personalities from brilliant to a dupe; Arya flipped personalities (suddenly her list gets tossed out when she is just feet away from completing her list just so Cersei can have a romantic death with her brother) = and if the leaks are true; then Jon Snow is about to completely flip personalities and murder the woman he loves; and so is Bran; whose flip to being wargarific didn't seem to help Westeros at all! I mean, the whole story was geared on his newfound abilities as the 3 eyed Raven; but then he never used a single bit of it when the time came!

Not to mention that the Witch's prophecy about the little brother choking Cersei to death = D & D flipped to him putting his hands on her throat lovingly as they die together! They are saying that the prophecy was just a "suggestion, not set in stone." Gee, all the other parts of it came true when GRRM was writing it!

Seriously: I have never seen such poor writing as what D & D have done to GRRM's story. What should have been epic has really become a farce in their hands.

This post has been edited by mALX: May 15 2019, 07:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post May 18 2019, 01:08 PM
Post #146

Ancient
Group Icon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONrUvj0-bjI

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 18 2019, 02:00 PM
Post #147

Councilor
Group Icon

One of these days I want to get into this series. I've been saying that for years. But it's only on HBO, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 18 2019, 03:01 PM
Post #148

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 18 2019, 08:00 AM) *

But it's only on HBO, right?

Yup. If you have Amazon Prime you can do a free trial subscription to HBO on the Amazon Prime Video service.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Uleni Athram
post May 18 2019, 03:08 PM
Post #149

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 18 2019, 10:00 PM) *

One of these days I want to get into this series. I've been saying that for years. But it's only on HBO, right?

At this point be Walmart-brand Jack Sparrow and just pirate it, my good dudette. Or go with what Catmandhou suggested!

Shame on the house of D&D. Shame!

--------------------
I wanna slap people and tell them I love them
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 18 2019, 06:43 PM
Post #150

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ May 18 2019, 09:00 AM) *

I suggest reading the books instead. If or when Martin ever finishes them. I never even liked the show, and I am outraged over how badly it has been butchered by the showrunners. I cannot imagine how incensed the people who really loved the show feel. Well, I don't have to imagine. The internetz has made that clear...

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 18 2019, 06:54 PM
Post #151

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 18 2019, 12:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Renee @ May 18 2019, 09:00 AM) *

I suggest reading the books instead.

Khajiit will second this advice. Even if Georgie boi never finishes them, the books are so much fun to read!

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Decrepit
post May 18 2019, 06:59 PM
Post #152

Master
Group Icon

I'll third recommending the books over the TV series. Much as I like and can recommend the show's earlier seasons, the books have 'em beat.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Darkness Eternal
post May 20 2019, 04:40 AM
Post #153

Master
Group Icon

https://gifimage.net/wp-content/uploads/201...icide-gif-6.gif

--------------------
And yet I am, and live—like vapours tossed.
I long for scenes where man hath never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator, God,
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below—above the vaulted sky.”
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2019, 06:52 AM
Post #154

Ancient
Group Icon

Khajiit is glad

It’s stupid that

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2019, 08:11 AM
Post #155

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Darkness Eternal @ May 19 2019, 11:40 PM) *

If you fall out a window = even if you warg into a birdbrain you will be made a ruler as long as D & D are writing your scripts!

I've been watching Twitter, lol. Really liked this reaction:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1130288093888700416

The reason I went to Twitter and Reddit first = because if the leaks were true; I was not going to watch the episode at all = Which is exactly what happened. I boycotted the episode after last week's = not watching the last episode because I knew by then that the leaks were going to be true and I didn't want to see the BS on my screen and know HBO got paid for my viewing it. (plus: if I watch it, I'm going to be pissed off like I was last week = this way I avoid that at least).

This post has been edited by mALX: May 20 2019, 08:14 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2019, 03:33 PM
Post #156

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ May 20 2019, 02:11 AM) *

If you fall out a window = even if you warg into a birdbrain you will be made a ruler as long as D & D are writing your scripts!

The reason I went to Twitter and Reddit first = because if the leaks were true; I was not going to watch the episode at all = Which is exactly what happened. I boycotted the episode after last week's = not watching the last episode because I knew by then that the leaks were going to be true and I didn't want to see the BS on my screen and know HBO got paid for my viewing it. (plus: if I watch it, I'm going to be pissed off like I was last week = this way I avoid that at least).

Well, hopefully the rumors are true that Georgie was just waiting for the end of the show series to finish the books. Khajiit is not holding his breath, however.

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2019, 06:52 PM
Post #157

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ May 20 2019, 10:33 AM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ May 20 2019, 02:11 AM) *

Well, hopefully the rumors are true that Georgie was just waiting for the end of the show series to finish the books. Khajiit is not holding his breath, however.

According to his tweets on his official tweet site = he was not holding off till they were done with their murder of his story.

I think what you said last is the key = I don't think he is going back to his story. First: he sold the rights to it to HBO; so not sure how it would work if he did. They would own it, and they wouldn't be able to use it if it differed from the crap they committed to the last two weeks.

Secondly: He has been away from it for years and years now; and has been writing other completely different things for years now. He has numerous future hugely paying projects lined up; going back to finishing those two books would pay less than what he can make on future endeavors.

So he may finish them, but ... I doubt it.

D & D did fine when they were working off GRRM's writing and with his constant assistance; but as soon as his storyline stopped and it was up to D & D = they showed us exactly what they had to bring to the table; and the only thing that sustained them this long was the momentum and love for the great original story they had been working off of (both of which they have now destroyed with their ham-hands on the wheel instead of GRRM's).

Without GRRM's writing it was VERY clear who the real genius was behind them; and their ineptness and real lack of ability in writing a story became blatant.

D & D don't have a clue how to mold a character or story arc. They don't know how to show a story arc in either direction; or build a character in any way at all = they TELL you it happened and think that is just as good. It is not.

Example: They never showed us Jon falling in love with Dani = but had Tyrion say HE had "Noticed" Jon admiring her. None of us saw it, but we had Tyrion's word that he did = (so immediately Jon IS in love with Dani the next episode).

D & D don't know how to show the viewer something, they just TELL them they are seeing it and don't know it isn't the same thing. That is not just their version of character/story building; it is also how they change a well established character; which is even worse.

They think they are giving shock value; but instead what they are doing is negating everything previously known about that character as if it never existed and showing us a completely different character with no previous indications that ALL their characters had multiple personalities. It is not even character assassination; it is just really poor writing.

They took 8 seasons of a great ruler and good character and in two episodes had her reduced to a mad killer for no apparent reason; who suddenly didn't care about the throne she had been seeking for the entire show.

And like Dani suddenly slipping into the madness that supposedly ran in her family (which was possible due to the in-breeding; but hadn't been absolutely established since only her father had shown any madness) = instead of easing visual signs of it over time into the storyline; they just had a couple people say they didn't trust her the episode before she snaps!

What they could have done to give her a reason for it (and to give Bran some reason for still being alive) would be to have Bran warged back to Dani's father yelling to "Burn them all" for hours = and have Dani somehow be hearing it (like the Hodor instance).

** In fact, when Bran warged into that bird while the Night King's army was attacking; he could have gone back in time to the "Mad King's throne room and the shouting of "Burn them all!" in the background (from the war in Winterfell from them trying to stop the army of undead) could have been what caused the king to go mad to begin with = then maybe Bran got kind of stuck there and was still there when Dani was attacking King's Landing so SHE heard her father yelling "Burn them all!" and have it cause her to flip too = all Bran's doing!

That would at least have given Bran SOME purpose for still being alive; and a part in the "Game" for that throne = and that would have given some reason for Dani to have flipped right at that moment = especially at THAT moment.

Because otherwise it made no sense whatsoever that she wouldn't go straight for the Red Keep and Cersei; but instead go street by street at the furthest point from the Keep and killing innocents = no sense at all. Having Bran warg Dani into flipping into that mental state would have made a good reason for it to happen; and a good reason for her father to have flipped so suddenly too.

The REAL reason for it was purely D & D wanting to give Cersei and Jaime that romantic death in each other's arms (which was the same reason they had for Arya suddenly give up instantly on her goal of revenge that she lived by by for 8 seasons).

(and in doing that they completely negated the Valonqar "Little Brother" prophecy that was another theme throughout both the story and the show). D & D looked like they thought they'd made an intelligent twist to the Valonqar prophecy by turning the "choking to death" into loving hands cradling her throat. That was as dumb as their deaths by a few rocks hitting them after all they survived before that. It should have been Arya with Jaime's face or Dani and Drogon toasting her face in that window till it melted like the iron throne did.

D & D made the entire title of the book AND the show useless!

Show: From what I heard; D & D just had the survivors pick who sat the throne; and they chose Bran! Not Tyrion or Sansa, who both proved they could rule and had been a part of the "Game" that led to the throne; which would have kept the title "Game of Thrones" meaningful.

Book: The story was "A Song of Ice and Fire" = The entire story arc was about the fire and ice meeting in war; which should have been Dani and her dragons and Jon Snow against the Night King; with Bran an integral part by warging to a bird and bringing back the Children of the Forest to help stop the war. THAT is what the story was built up to do; but of course GRRM would have made it epic and with unforeseen twists = but that never happened.

Instead Bran was just immobile bait; the dragons/Dani/and Jon were useless = and Arya killed the "ice" = but she isn't the one prophecies have been holding out for; (Dani, Jon, or their unborn child were supposed to be the Prince). So that made no sense to any of the story arcs and negated them all except the fight for the throne.

Now, I didn't mind Arya being a killing Hero; because I love her character and she is awesome = but it still negates the whole "Prince That Was Promised" story-line because Arya didn't have a single sign of being the Azor Ahai everyone was waiting for = neither did Bran; who did nothing in the fight against the Night King; and did nothing to win the "Game" for the throne = but somehow fell into it.

So what they have done is completely negate every story arc in GRRM's story to be and mean absolutely nothing to the story at the end.

Bran was built up to be an important part of the fight against the Night King, and he did nothing but act as an immobile bait for him due to some accidental touching during one of his wargs. BUT: he was supposedly important before that touching took place; and still did absolutely nothing to save the world. (other than make Hodor a mute). So what was REALLY the point of him surviving that fall then?

Dani and Jon were supposedly the ones the prophecies were written about = so that storyline was completely murdered and all those Red Priestesses like Melisandre who sought them and found them were all wasted storylines too. Now Dani is dead with nothing to show for it, and Jon is a nothing for the rest of his life. At least during the original "Baby" leak there was some reason for them to die, and still some hope that the prophecy was still being met.

They have negated every single story arc and theme throughout the whole original story; and shattered every established character GRRM gave them!

Jon killing Dani was another complete character flip from the Jon (who wouldn't hurt Ygritte even when she was killing his fellow Knights of the Watch and trying to kill him).

D & D made both Jon and Gray Worm snap into completely different characters. Gray Worm at least has the excuse of them killing Missandei; but = he wasn't the type to slaughter innocents in his rage. No. He would have gone straight for the Mountain and Cersei = but instead D & D wanted the Cleganebowl and Cersei's romantic death.

And I heard Arya gets in a boat and sails away? What the hell is that for the main character? Remember the theme of the Starks throughout the story: The lone wolf falls, but the pack survives. So she becomes the lone wolf now, after the Starks just pulled together and over came everything (per D & D). That was just plain stupid writing! Like they couldn't just leave it alone so we assumed she stayed with Sansa or joined Jon at the wall; they had to make a display of how bad and senseless their writing was.

What they have done now is completely turned off GRRM's fan base to the point that = even if he was able to write the last two books and produce them; it would never be the same magical feel that the original story had. It would be an exercise in comparison to the TV show.

I still haven't watched that last episode, and don't intend to now that I know how bad it was. Glad I waited and caught the internet rage about it before watching. And = as much as I love Star Wars; there is no way I want to see what D & D do to destroy that franchise. I won't watch anything they put their hands to after this unless the real writers are holding their hands through it like GRRM did in the beginning of GoT.

* Rant Not Over, but you understand, lol. *

This post has been edited by mALX: May 20 2019, 11:12 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 20 2019, 08:49 PM
Post #158

Ancient
Group Icon

So, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the theater?

Seriously though, These two Dungeons and Dragons guys made the end of Lost look like a work of art in comparison.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post May 20 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #159

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 20 2019, 02:49 PM) *

Seriously though, These two Dungeons and Dragons guys made the end of Lost look like a work of art in comparison.

Supposedly they are doing a Star Wars thing next...

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post May 20 2019, 10:58 PM
Post #160

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 20 2019, 03:49 PM) *

Bold: rollinglaugh.gif

** More like Dumb and Dumber, lol. ("Dungeons and Dragons" gives them too much credit).

This post has been edited by mALX: May 20 2019, 11:20 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

9 Pages V « < 6 7 8 9 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:20 PM