Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout Characters: Show off yours here!
Lopov
post Apr 19 2016, 12:27 PM
Post #21

Master
Group Icon

Name: SX4-Volodymyr, mostly known only as SX4

Pre-war name: Nick Volodymyr

Race: caucasian half-android

Age: died at age 29 in the battle of Anchorage in 2077, "reborn" in 2267 - figure it for yourself tongue.gif

SPECIAL: S9-P9-E10-C5-I7-A9-L6

Tagged skills: Energy Weapons, Science, Unarmed

Perks: Cyborg

Place of birth: Los Angeles

Home: none

What they do for a living: whatever he's ordered to do, mostly high-profile merc work

Factions: the Institute

Companions: none

Love interests: none

Physical Appearance: Here

Eyes: silvery blue

Build: athletic

Weapons of preference: Atomic Pulverizer

Clothing: black trenchoat

Magic abilities or powers: nothing magical, but he's enhanced with several implants (damage, poison, fire & rad resist), a bionic eye which enables night vision, and a cyber arm, which not only grants him strength but improves his weapon handling (higher critical chance)

Miscellaneous: I'll add things here as I game with him but for now I noticed that he can go for a long time without "sleeping" but occasionally he has to fill his energy cells - one of the most convenient places to achieve this are protectron chambers.

Theme song: Daft Punk - Technologic

Biography/Life History:

Years ago the Overseer of Vault 101 made an unofficial pact with some infamous Doctor from Commonwealth � in exchange for sharing secrets of the vault technology the Doctor would provide robots to act as workers and vault peacekeepers.

But in September 2277 scientist James rebelled against the Overseer�s tyranny and escaped from Vault 101. Since the Overseer couldn�t afford to send anyone after him, because that would violate the rules, he yet again contacted the shady Commonwealth Doctor, hoping that the old friend can provide him some means to stop James, preventing him to reveal the vault location and its strict regime. The Doctor didn�t disappoint � without hesitation he sent to the Capital Wasteland one of the most capable androids, the fourth generation of the SX model. Designed specifically for several complex purposes, SX androids are created from fallen soldiers, kept in cryogenic containers, but only a minority of them was capable to act as obedient androids upon "waking up" - the most problematic being the fact that androids couldn't cope with their rebirth which eventually caused brain overloading and death, that's why the Doctor improved his technique and inserted microchips inside their heads, responsible for suppressing memories from their previous lives. The high point of the SX generation and the greatest pride of the Doctor is called SX4-Volodymyr - an intelligent half-android, enhanced with a cyber arm and a bionic eye, it�s not just unnaturally strong, perceptive and durable, it also excels in usage of energy weapons and scientific knowledge. Like others, SX4 is created from the corpse of soldier Nick Volodymyr who died in the battle of Anchorage in 2077.

His mission is simple � track down the rogue scientist and execute him. But what neither the Commonwealth Doctor nor the Overseer know, is that SX4�s been lately feeling odd � but do androids actually feel? He�s also caught himself occasionally thinking about things which he never thought about before � but is he supposed to think too much? And why the second part of his name � Volodymyr � lately sounds more familiar than SX4? Maybe it�s just some �minor problem� which will be fixed once he returns to Commonwealth, but maybe it�s something major�

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 7 2018, 05:33 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 19 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing more of SX4. I see he is showing off some beefcake for the ladies of the Wasteland... wink.gif He looks kind of like Deeno though, which makes him scary (Deeno being the cause of all evil in the world and all...).

I love the idea of recharging in Protectron chambers.

Now the question is, do androids dream of electric sheep? It sounds like Volodymyr might...

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Apr 20 2016, 11:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 20 2016, 07:09 PM
Post #23

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 19 2016, 07:19 PM) *
Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing more of SX4. I see he is showing off some beefcake for the ladies of the Wasteland... wink.gif He looks kind of like Deeno though, which makes him scary (Deeno being the cause of all evil in the world and all...).
I agree, they're somewhat similar appearance-wise, they have the same haircut and similar eyes. What sets them apart, is their personality - Deeno was evil because he wanted to be, while SX4's true personality is suppressed by microchips in his head, making him ruthless. However, as SX4 is exploring Capital Wasteland, seeing places which he vaguely remembers from before the war, his true personality is interfering at times. I guess he wasn't evil when he was still human - determined and hot-tempered but not evil.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 19 2016, 07:19 PM) *
I love the idea of recharging in Protectron chambers.
Since they aren't so common, I decided that he can recharge himself at some other places too, like generators in metros, for instance. I also set a few rules - if he's crippled and has been fighting a lot, he has to "sleep" longer and vice versa. Also, if he's running out of ammunition, he has to "sleep" longer for the ammo to create itself.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 20 2016, 08:01 PM
Post #24

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Shouldn´t SX4 feel more at home in Fallout 4, being all android/synthetic and Institute and all? Just a thought biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Apr 20 2016, 08:20 PM
Post #25

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 20 2016, 03:01 PM) *

Shouldn´t SX4 feel more at home in Fallout 4, being all android/synthetic and Institute and all? Just a thought biggrin.gif

Yeah, but who wants to play Fallout 4 when we already have Fallout 3? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Apr 20 2016, 08:24 PM
Post #26

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Apr 20 2016, 09:20 PM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 20 2016, 03:01 PM) *

Yeah, but who wants to play Fallout 4 when we already have Fallout 3? wink.gif

Good point laugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Apr 20 2016, 09:04 PM
Post #27

Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Apr 20 2016, 09:01 PM) *
Nope, at least not until my PC can handle Fallout 4. But it doesn't really sound like I'd like it too much, so there's no rush.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 3 2016, 02:05 PM
Post #28

Master
Group Icon

Name: Ben Stevens

Nicknames: Ben the Oak, One-eyed Ben, Six

Cause of death: killed by Legion assassins

Race: Caucasian

SPECIAL: S7-P3-E8-C3-I5-A4-L7
(Luck later increased to 8 with Intense Training)

Tagged skills: Guns, Repair, Survival

Traits: Old Ghoul Eye (blind eye which reduces Perception and Charisma, above SPECIAL stats already have OGE penalties included

Place of birth: somewhere in California

Home: a trailer in California

What they do for a living: courier, mechanic

Factions: post-war pensioners

Companions: Niner

Love interests: plenty when he was younger

Family: has several children and grand-children, most of them scattered over the wastes

Physical Appearance: here

Eyes: the right one is brown, the left one is half-blind

Build: despite 74 years of age, Ben is still quite strong and "thanks" to dangerous life he had lived, he's built solid as an oak

Habits: going to nap in afternoon, winking with his half-blind eye, listening to pre-war country songs on the radio, reminiscing younger days, smoking.

Weapons of preference: classic rifles, most notably Cowboy repeater

Clothing: began with a yellow Red Racer jumpsuit, later wore dirty pre-war relaxed wear, currently it's the black duster with the matching hat

Theme song: Johnny Cash - I won't back down

Biography/Life History:

‘t was supposed to be easy.

One final delivery and then retire for good in his trailer in sunny California.

But the final job went wrong. Horribly wrong.

Shot in the head because of the poker chip he was supposed to deliver to the Strip, 74-year old courier Ben Stevens survived just barely.

At first he was thinking to return home and forget about the mess. But… in his long service as a courier Ben Stevens never failed to fulfill a contract. Never. And despite being half-blind, bearing with arthritis and chest pain on exertion Ben Stevens decided to get the poker chip back and bring it to where it was supposed to be brought… no matter what.

Because of his "conditions", Ben can only run for a very, very short time before his chest pain kicks in, he can't crouch for too long either because his knees hurt too much, when walking long distances, he has to stop to rest, and his half-blind eye doesn't greatly contribute to his shooting skills. On the other hand, Ben Stevens has been quite lucky for his entire life - he escaped many close meetings with the Grim Reaper and as such, his luck is quite high (Luck=7).

This post has been edited by Lopov: Aug 5 2016, 04:53 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 3 2016, 05:53 PM
Post #29

Paladin
Group Icon

Nice job, Lopov; Old Ben looks just as you describe him! goodjob.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 23 2016, 06:32 PM
Post #30

Master
Group Icon

Name: Rattler

Behind the name: Rattler is actually his real name. He was born in a Quopet tribe north of the Capital Wasteland, where boys at the age of 14 had to perform a courageous act and based on their acts they were given names. One of the boys descended down a nearby pit, where not even tribe's most brave warriors dared to set foot, because deep below lived a giant mutated rattlesnake that claimed lives of many. Cunning and agile, the boy managed to kill the giant rattlesnake with a knife, then poisoned this very knife with snake's venom. He returned to the tribe and challenged the tribe's greatest warrior to a duel with knives. The boy easily won, not just thanks to his reflexes but thanks to the snake's poison which made even the greatest warrior feel weak. After the bloody duel was over and news of the giant snake's death spread, the boy was given his name - Rattler.

How did he die: he performed suicide by killing himself and Eulogy Jones with Fat Man

SPECIAL: S8-P6-E8-C3-I3-A7-L5

Tagged skills: Melee Weapons, Small Guns, Unarmed

Place of birth: the Quopet tribe in the NE of North America.

More about place of birth: At some point, the tribe was visited by friendly Followers of the Apocalypse who tried to educate tribesmen and supply them with food and medicines when necessary. Most importantly, they tried to dissuade the tribe from their cannibalistic habits. Thanks to the Followers, young Rattler learned how to read and write and as he kept hearing stories about the world outside the canyon he was born in, he decided to head out on his own. The chieftain who never liked Rattler because of his rebellious and bloodthirsty nature, forbade him to leave because according to the tribe's laws nobody was allowed to set out on his own. With his bare hands Rattler killed the chieftain, then mutilated his dead body in front of the entire tribe and as a final act - he ate his heart. Tribesmen didn't dare to go against him, but they permanently exiled him from the tribe, thus opening his way into the wasteland.

Home: nowhere, he's a drifter. But currently he's in the Capital Wasteland.

What they do for a living: enslaving, pillaging, robbing, murdering

Factions: slavers

Companions: none and there'll never be, he's a loner

Love interests: oh please!

Eyes: dark brown

Build: tall, semi-muscular

Physical Appearance:
here he is (human)

here he is (ghoul)

Weapons of preference:
1 - a unique combat knife, called Pretty Woman, permanently "enchanted" with the rattlesnake's poison
2 - a standard combat shotgun
3 - frag grenades

Clothing:
1 - a unique set of raider commando armor called simply Rattler's Armor
2 - a unique red bandana called Red Luck

Perks: cannibal

About PipBoy: he knew how to use it because one of the Followers in his tribe owned one, and occasionally allowed Rattler to fiddle with it. But he acquired his own from some friendly fellow in the wasteland who claimed to escape from Vault 101 and was celebrating his freedom. After emptying a few bottles of beer together, Rattler cut the unsuspecting man's arm off and then took PipBoy from it. He left the vault dweller to bleed to death.

Theme song: (warning: decreasing sound volume in advance is advised because the default loudness on the linked page is very high) he doesn't have a theme song but there's a melody which he keeps whistling. The melody is a part of some pre-war song which he found on a holotape and while he didn't understand much of the song because it wasn't in English, he liked the instrumental part and can be heard whistling it, especially when walking through wastes.

Biography/Life History: after killing a bunch of bounty hunters that were after his dirty head, Rattler realized that he should head south, as he always did, when things up north got too rough for his bloody taste. He heard rumors about slavers operating in the Capital Wasteland, so why not take a chance…

While Rattler can be considered a raider, he’s actually more than a mere raider. He’s a filthy scumbag that revels in pillaging and murdering. He’s the best example of the worst that humanity has to offer. If you see a lone traveler with a red bandana, run! Else you’re about to run out of your luck…

This post has been edited by Lopov: Sep 25 2016, 09:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 23 2016, 07:35 PM
Post #31

Ancient
Group Icon

Rattler looks a little like 3 Dog gone evil! He is definitely not fighting the good fight.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Jul 23 2016, 07:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 24 2016, 12:16 AM
Post #32

Paladin
Group Icon

As you normally do, Lopov, you have put a good deal of careful thought into creating this guy. It seems like he will be a character that everyone loves to hate. tongue.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 24 2016, 01:47 AM
Post #33

Mouth
Group Icon

Occurred to me that I haven't properly introduced Alice to everyone, despite exploring FO4 with her from day 1:

Name: Alice

SPECIAL: S4 P7 E4 C10 I10 A7 L4

Place of birth: Vault 81

Home: Red Rocket Truck Stop

What they do for a living: Mercenary, hunter, robot tinkerer

Factions: None

Companions: Heavily modified Protectron named Tiberius

Love interests: Cait

Physical Appearance: Here she is

Eyes: Blue

Build: Slim

Habits: Collecting Deathclaw claws, singing without realizing

Weapons of preference: When in power armour: Custom minigun with explosive rounds, super sledge
When out of power armour: Kar98k sniper rifle

Clothing: Leather armour on top of Gunner harness, custom power armour

Life history: Not much to say here. Alice grew up in the safety of Vault 81, but left once the Overseer allowed it. Her natural talent for fixing robots and shooting things in the head has allowed her to do quite well for herself out in the Commonwealth.
After finding a deactivated Protectron in an old warehouse, Alice fixed him up and gave him some modifications. The two have been nigh-inseparable ever since.
Alice was once hired to deal with a group of raiders at the Combat Zone, where she met Cait - the two bonded over a mutual love of pretty girls and shooting things and after helping with Cait's...situation...Alice asked her to move in with her.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jul 24 2016, 02:06 AM
Post #34

Ancient
Group Icon

Alice is a long way from Wonderland. I love her hair. It looks like it is vanilla too, which is really cool.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jul 24 2016, 02:52 AM
Post #35

Mouth
Group Icon

It's technically vanilla hair. I have a mod which 'adds' new hairstyles, but it primarily mashes existing styles together to make 'new' ones. Alice's style is called 'Waste Anchor Unladylike', and combines the Waste Maiden shaved side ponytail, Unladylike sidesweep, and the Anchorage stripes.

I'm really happy with her look, probably one of my favourite characters that I've ever made. Bethesda doesn't always make the character creation process an easy one either.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 24 2016, 03:15 AM
Post #36

Paladin
Group Icon

Alice looks very neat! Good job with her. smile.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Jul 24 2016, 08:18 AM
Post #37

Knower
Group Icon

I want to see Rattler and Alice battle it out in a cage fight! Lol.

Great work, Lopov and Hazmick. smile.gif Rattler does look like an evil 3 dog while Alice has a wild wasteland look about her. If the battle takes place Rattler might have to change the loner attitude as Alice has a Protectron. Do you have a pic of the robot companion?

I hope Rattler has some tricks up his sleeve, or some extra rattlesnake poison. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Jul 24 2016, 08:20 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Jul 25 2016, 08:32 PM
Post #38

Master
Group Icon

@SubRosa - Rattler's definitely miles away from the Good Fight!

@Acadian - indeed, I don't expect for Rattler to be liked. Love to hate is a good way to put it.

@hazmick - Alice looks very good but most of all I like her freckles, they fit her. The scar looks good too.

@Winter Wolf - Rattler's combat knife Pretty Woman is permanently enchanted with the poison. In fact I "borrowed" this enchantment from the Ant Sting which is a knife in the vanilla game. I think that he and Alice are too far away to meet. wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Aug 1 2016, 11:13 PM
Post #39

Councilor
Group Icon

Nickname: Major A. Holl

SPECIAL: S6 P5 E7 C4 I 6 A7 L5

Tagged skills: Melee Weapons, Small Guns, Sneak

Perks:

Traits:

Place of birth: Vault 101

Home:

What they do for a living:

Factions:

Companions:

Love interests:

Physical Appearance: I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Eyes: brown and alert

Build: wiry.

Habits:

Weapons of preference:

Clothing: military issue

Magic abilities or powers:

Miscellaneous:

Theme song:

Biography/Life History: Major A. Holl is my first PC character for Fallout 3. Yah. He will be a guy who grew up alongside of my other t00ns in Vault 101. All of these folks have grown up yearning for something they've seen from the past, in this case, he'll yearn to be part of an army.

In my RPing, there is a stash of pre-war memorabilia which includes video recordings, music, all sorts of stuff in Vault 101. Cho Zenwahn grew up yearning for baseball. Joe King grew up yearning for action movies, karate, partying. Marge N. Overra grew up yearning for a simple life: 9 to 5, suburban home with 2.2 kids and a sheep dog, white picket fences, etc. She yearned to be a computer programmer.

Major A. Holl grew up yearning for the army life. Moving constantly, yelling and getting yelled at, schedules, discipline, all of that. Because of this, he'll be most likely to explore all the DLC Cho and my others have ignored so far. Hee hee.

Update: Major A. Holl got inducted into Mothership Zeta and though he put up a brave, valiant effort to survive, was not prepared at all for the aliens who dwell within. He wound up pwned within a couple hours.

This post has been edited by Renee: Apr 20 2020, 02:54 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Aug 1 2016, 11:43 PM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

He certainly has the right hair! laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:36 PM