Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Renee's Modding Thread
Renee
post Feb 25 2018, 01:30 PM
Post #1

Councilor
Group Icon

Mod-making thread basically, which focuses heavily on quest-making. The first two tutorials (How to make a fetch quest and how to make a kill quest) are very hand-holdy. They are designed for those who are just starting to learn the art of quest-making. Other tutorials get more advanced, as my wacky ideas have pushed their boundaries.

Just click on any of the links in the post below this one. smile.gif

Bethesda Units. (How distance compares in-game to real-life).

This post has been edited by Renee: Today, 04:28 PM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Renee
post Dec 29 2018, 04:04 PM
Post #2

Councilor
Group Icon

Repeatable Bounty Quests II (innkeeper involvement). Game: TES IV: Oblivion

This post shall deal with Respawning Bounty Quests, but it's different from the process I detailed earlier in this thread. Again, the quest-giver won't give us this bounty quest just once. It can potentially happen over and over, as the game respawns every 3 days.

The main difference between this process and the previous bounty quest is: the request to take care of some baddie shows up occasionally when speaking to particular NPCs. We go to speak to this person (to rent a room, usually) and sometimes he or she will want the PC to do something about the boss of some local lair. Once we have done what this NPC wants us to do, it's then possible to go back for a reward from that NPC, or some other NPC. Like the previous method, this one can potentially happen every 3 days. Again, this adds to the roleplaying side of things just like the previous method, but the involved process is more random.

Since the NPC's request shows up randomly, the player never knows when the NPC will give the option to start things. Because of this, when the quest finally shows up it feels more natural, as it becomes a part of conversation only occasionally. I have gotten this to work with numerous NPCs, mostly innkeepers.

The subject of my first respawning quest is the most difficult to work with, but I didn't know this at the time. I got the inspiration for this idea after visiting Malene of Roxey Inn, and she's more complicated to work with than some others. The idea: Malene already knows my character (Renee Gade III), since Renee has helped Malene in the past during the Gravefinder's Repose quest. So the idea was: those pesky necromancers have returned, and Malene needs RG3's help again! emot-ninja1.gif But Malene will ONLY ask for this help AFTER The Gravefinder's Repose is done.

Since Malene has a pre-written Bethesda quest associated with her, she required some extra steps be taken to make my idea work. Other NPC innkeepers (Foroch, owner of Gottshaw Inn, for instance) did not require as much help to get similar quests running. In this post I will be trying to provide details for the different methods followed for several different innkeepers.

1). Open Construction Set, bla bla bla.

Innkeepers who aren't in walled towns make perfect quest-givers, because their places of business are not as protected. Whether it's Malene, Diram Sirethi, Candice Corgine, Foroch, and so on, these people have an interest in keeping the area near their establishments safe. But the thing is, using each of these innkeepers as quest-givers will make things different every time. Each one requires a unique approach.

OBJECT window > Actors > NPC
First thing to do is perform some research on the innkeeper / quest-giver. Double left-click on one of the names listed (Corgine, Malene, Diram, etc.), and click on their Dialogue button. The Dialogue panel takes forever to open. Once it does, look at the NPC's GREETINGs.

On the top right-hand side of the Dialogue panel is a large window, listing all the quests these NPCs will have for greetings. There is dialog which deals with Crime, as well as some Generic greetings. In some cases, they will also have greetings which deal with quests, such as SQ05, which is The Gravefinder's Repose.

It's time to determine if the chosen NPC is already involved with any other quests. Are any of these quests current in our character's game? Have they already been done? Or have any not been started yet? If there are any quests, will they be ignored by the character? Or will they eventually get tackled?

Some innkeepers are involved in quests, and some are not. Either way, look at all the GREETINGs the NPC has. If our character is in the middle of some quest (or eventually will be) an innkeeper deals with, you need to then look at these individually, and find their Priorities. In some cases, there might not be any quests being done any time soon. If there aren't, look at the innkeeper's Generic greetings. Generic greetings often have lower Priorities than quest greetings.

For instance, I am going to tackle Candice Corgine first. Candice Corgine of Pell's Gate's inn has a bunch of Crime greetings (which can be ignored, unless your character is some sort of constant criminal). She also has DAClavicusVile, aka the Clavicus Vile quest, which has a Priority of 60. She will give her innocuous Clavicus Vile greeting when spoken to ("Welcome to Pells Gate, friend."), but only if this quest has not been started yet, or we're in the middle of it. She also has Vampire greetings, one Thieves Guild greeting, and several dealing with the MQEndgame. MQEndgame greetings only show up once the Main Quest is done.

Rule out which quests you've done, and ones which you're in the middle of. If your character is not a vampire for instance, you don't have to worry about Vampire greetings. If your character has done the Main Quest, look at the Priority for MQEndgame's GREETINGs (Priority is 12). Once all these are ruled out, this leaves DAClavicusVile. If the character meets Candice before DAClavicusVile is done (Priority is 60), there are three choices, assuming you want your greetings to show up in-game.

1). Simply lower DAClavicusVile's Priority to 5 or below, ONLY if you're positive you're never going to do this quest. Maybe your current character could care less about daedric quests.

2). Finish the quest in-game, or

3). SetStage the entire thing with the console. Again, this works if your character never intends to do this quest.

Once those greetings get ironed out, this leaves the greetings for Bethesda's "Generic" quest (literally, it is called "Generic" in the Quest window), which mostly dispenses random dialog such as "Good day" and "Well met."

As I said before, for each innkeeper that gets looked at, approaching their Greetings goes differently.

> For instance, Foroch, the wood elf who runs Gottshaw Inn, is not involved with any quests. So, just look at any Generic greetings he has. The Generic quest has a Priority of 5. Since Foroch hasn't got any quests associated with him, this means there are no other quests that introduce dialog with Priorities higher than 5.

Therefore, a revolving bounty quest that only involves Foroch can also have a Priority of 5. This Priority rating can get raised, for those who want to see their GREETINGs showing up more often. These greetings will still be competing with Generic though, so moving Priority higher than 5 won't automatically make any added greeting trump those of the Generic quest 100% of the time.

>>Candice Corgine has a bunch of generics she can randomly say, once the DAClavicusVile quest is out of the way. Again, the Priority for Generic is 5. Assuming no other quests are being involved with Candice, 5 can be chosen for her revolving bounty quest. Or, choose a number higher than 5. Maybe 7 or 9 or 15.

In some cases, the NPC will give GREETINGs which are Generic, but specific to a certain race.

>>> Diram Serethi is like this. Assuming MS47 (the Aleswell Invisibility quest) is done, he will begin giving Greetings which are from the GenericDarkElf quest, which has a Priority of 6. Therefore, a bounty quest which involves him should also have a Priority of 6 at the very least.

So, as can be seen from the list above, Foroch is the least demanding, Candice has some issues which need to be addressed, and Malene and Diram are the ones who will require the most tweaking, since both of them are the most-directly involved.

QUEST window, Quest Data tab
2a). Start a new quest. For this lesson I am calling its ID aaaBountyQuest, though in-game I've got names which are more elaborate, such as aaaMossRockCavernQuest. Whatever you name it, this quest won't require a Name in its Name slot, but you can add one for reference. And add the appropriate Priority. GetIsPlayableRace == 1 goes into the Quest Conditions window, as usual.

2b). Start a script which looks like this...

----------------------
scriptname aaaBountyQuestScript

short DoOnce

-----------------

Save using the Save icon, close script. Click OK (closing the quest window) and reopen the quest. Find the script in the scroll-bar, and click OK again.

Substitute the name 'aaaBountyQuestScript' with something more specific, if desired. In my game I've got several of these bounty quests going, each with a name pertaining to its location.

If you're working with Malene, keep reading. If working with any of the others, skip to step 5a.

2c). For Malene, find SQFN in the Editor window (the long, vertical scroll-down box on the left side of the Quest window). SQFN stands for Side Quest FiNished, and it deals with NPCs who greet us after some official Beth quests have been done. ..... So, once Gravefinder's Repose is done, that's when Malene will begin to use Topics and dialog found in SQFN.

2d) Topics Tab
Look at Malene's GREETING, and she only has one GREETING in this window, which is "What can I do for you today?" ... Note the Conditions for this GREETING. One of them is GetStage SQ05 >= 100, meaning she will only say this once SQ05 (Gravefinder's Repose) is done. Malene will say this GREETING randomly, along with about a dozen other Beth-added GREETINGS, such as "What?" and "Good to see you."

We're going to include our own GREETING mixed in with all these others, so that she will only greet with any material we write once in a while. However, there's a small problem. If we include "What can I do for you today?" with our own GREETING, the game will only recognize the official GREETING from Bethesda, ignoring ours entirely.

2e). So Step #2e might seem rather controversial. I'm going to give this GREETING to somebody else, preferably somebody who will never be spoken to in-game, and/or is preferably not involved with any other quests. Just go to the Conditions box, click on the GetIsID function, and change its NPC to some other NPC. I chose Malintus Ancrus, which is the person right below Malene. Although Malintus is involved with some Thieves Guild stuff, my current character is not into TG, so this works for her.

3). Click OK, closing the quest window, and save.

4).

5a). Open up the bounty quest started earlier, starting with the Topics tab. Now to add your own GREETING. I made one which says "You're back, and I've got a problem."

5b). In the Conditions window, add a GetIsId for whomever this pertains to (Malene, Diram, or whomever).

6). Click OK, exiting the Quest window and SAVE.

OBJECT window > Actors > NPC
7a). Time to make an NPC enemy. If you are working with Malene / Moss Rock Cave, quickest method is to edit a generic necromancer, such as NecromancerBossMaleBreton, saving this NPC as a New Form. Likewise, if you're adding this NPC into some lair full of bandits, you can edit an actual bandit, and so on. Edit generic enemies though, not named ones. And do not edit anybody associated with Shivering Isles. SI NPCs will have SE at the front of their ID names.

7b). For the purposes of this lesson, I'm going to call the edited enemy boss aaaNPCBoss as a Base ID. In my actual game, they've got names which are more specific, such as aaaMossRockWitch or aaaHomesteadWarlord, etc.

7c). If this generic enemy has any sort of script, make sure to change the Script scroll-bar to NONE.

8). Make sure 'Respawn' is toggled on, but 'No Low Level Processing' is toggled off.

9a). Go to the Factions tab and double-check the enemy is in the correct faction(s). Necromancers for instance are usually going to be part of two: the NecromancerDungeon and NecromancerFaction factions. If you edited an actual necromancer, these factions will probably, already be chosen. Same goes for bandits, marauders, conjurers, and so on.

In many cases, there's no need to mess with the enemy's AI, but have a look at it anyway. Most of the time, their AI will include two Wander packages, maybe a Sleep or an Eat package. As long as there's a wander package for IsInInterior (rather than some specific dungeon) this is good. As long as the NPC enemy is placed in an interior, he or she will wander around a bit, but won't just leave.

9b). Also, delve into the Stats tab. I prefer to make my NPC a boss-type with lots of health, or I'll offset him / her several levels above my character using the PC Multi toggle.

9c). The Inventory tab can be important too. Usually for generics, this tab will be packed with armor, clothing, weapons, and other items drawn from Leveled Lists. It's a good idea to keep these lists intact. Doing so will ensure the boss will be wearing / carrying different gear every time he/she is encountered.

10). CELL / RENDER windows
Go into the cell where this enemy shall be placed. So for Malene / Moss Rock, the NPC enemy is placed into MossRockCavern. For Candice Corgine, she wants my toon to do something about either Fort Homestead, or Horn Cave. Diram Serethi wants us to do something about Fort Caractacus again, and so on.

Drop the NPC somewhere in this dungeon, preferably somewhere toward the end of it (so that he/she gets encountered near the place's end, or in a boss room). This will ensure that most, if not all, of the location's enemies will have been dealt with, by the time the hand-placed boss gets encountered.

11a).
Give the NPC a Reference ID. I am using aaaNPCBossRef for this lesson, but the actual names in-game can vary according to location. For instance, the necromancer of Moss Rock is called aaaMossRockBossRef. Whichever Ref ID gets chosen, copy this name so it can be conveniently pasted into scripts later.

11b). Click OK, closing all the NPC's panels, and save all work.

OBJECT window > Actors
11c). Find the NPC and right-click > Edit. Open up the NPC's script window. Type the following...
-------------------

scriptname aaaNPCBossScript

short Dead

--------------------------------

Substitute aaaNPCBossScript with whatever name is more desirable. Again, I tend to choose names which match the location of where the boss was placed.

Save the script (click on its Save icon) and close it. Click OK on the NPC's window, closing him or her. SAVE goshdarnit.

11d). Reopen the NPC's info from the Object window again. Find the script just saved in the scroll-bar. Select it, and click OK. Re-open the NPC again.

Now, add to the script, so (in total) it will look like this...

-----------------

scriptname aaaNPCBossScript

short Dead

Begin OnDeath

If (aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 1)
Set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 2

Message "The leader of X has been killed", 36

EndIf
End

-----------------------------------------------------

Where the X is, substitute the name of the cell where the enemy has been placed, and of course, substitute the script's name and/or NPC's reference ID name with whatever was used

11e). Use the Save icon to save the script, before closing it.

Note: There are no quest stages being used for this process, which means no pop-up messages will pause the game. So, that on-screen message in the NPC's script is important. It lets the player know the proper NPC has been defeated, and now we have the option to collect a reward. You can opt for a MessageBox instead of a message (just substitute MessageBox instead of Message in the script), but this will pause the game, killing action until OK gets clicked.

Note 2: Technically, we won't need to kill any other NPCs once the one we added is pwned, but this is why it's a good idea to put him or her somewhere near the end of the dungeon.

11f). Click OK, closing the NPC's panel. Save.

12a). QUEST window > Topics tab
Open up the bounty quest again. Find the GREETING made earlier, the one which says "You're back and we've got a problem" or whatever.

Here are the needed Conditions IF working with Malene.

GetIsId NPC: Malene == 1
GetStage SQ05 >= 100
GetQuestVariable Quest: aaaBountyQuest DoOnce == 0.00
GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef Dead == 0.00

Note that the conditions above specify: (1) Malene is the one who will say "You're back ...", (2) the bounty quest won't begin until SQ05 (Gravefinder's Repose) is basically done. And there are also a couple of variables being thrown into the mix, which will make more sense later.

Here are the needed Conditions if working with Diram Serethi.

GetIsId NPC: DiramSerethi == 1
GetStage MS47 >= 100
GetQuestVariable Quest: aaaBountyQuest DoOnce == 0.00
GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef Dead == 0.00

MS47 is, of course, the Aleswell Invisibility quest.

If NOT working with either of them (in effect, you're writing your own quest without worrying if some other Bethesda-written quest is involved) here are the conditions which typically go...

GetIsId NPC: X == 1
GetQuestVariable Quest: X DoOnce == 0.00
GetScriptVariable Reference: X, Dead == 0.00

As always, substitute X for the NPC innkeeper's name, the name of the quest, and the Reference ID of the enemy

In any case, the innkeeper will only say "You're back, and we've got a problem" if everything is ready to go, and the enemy boss is theoretically alive. I am not including conditions which specify IF that enemy is actually alive, but it's certainly possible to do so. I fear that this can lead to occasional CTDs though, as the game's engine tries to figure whether some enemy who is in some faraway cell is alive or dead. So I did not write my quests this way.

For those who want to experiment, add a GetDead condition into that GREETING, specifying whether the enemy boss is alive or dead.

12b). In the Result Script box type Set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 1, substituting the actual Reference ID of the added enemy. This changes the ScriptVariable for that enemy from 0 to 1. Why is this important? It's important because this change ensures that Malene, Diram, Foroch, Candice, or anybody else will potentially give us this GREETING only once per 3 days. As soon as they greet us in this way, they won't do so again, not for 3 days. After 3 days, the variable will reset back to 0, meaning the NPC can potentially say "You're back...." once again.

In a minute, more dialog is going to get added which will allow the quest to move forward. It would be weird if (let's say) every time we speak to them, they try to goad us into going into that same lair, even though we've already accepted, or turned down, their proposal. So this issue is going to be addressed.

12c). Toggle Random on, and click OK, closing the Quest window. Save.

Quest-givers will now say this GREETING sometimes. Not all the time. As said before in this tutorial, they will also give other random GREETINGS like "What?" and "How are you?" .. Therefore, they won't always try to dispense this quest. You can add a second GREETING (or a third, or however many you'd like) if you want to increase the chances of them giving this mission. Just make sure to add all the respective Conditions, Result Scripts, and check "Random" for any additional greetings.

> Conversely, if you do not want there to be any randomness with this quest showing up, only one GREETING is required. Random can stay toggled off, in this case. In my opinion this is not as fun though. wink.gif It also feels a bit forced.

>> For testing purposes, once you're back in-game, it is possible to enter and exit dialog with the quest-giving NPCs over and over, until they say what we've added.

12d). In the Add Topics box, add a new topic which deals further with Malene's wish to have us kill the necromancers of Moss Rock Cavern, or if you're working with Diram, Foroch, or Candice, add dialog which explains that they want us to go into whichever lair is pertinent. I am calling it aaaBountyTopic. Find this topic in the Editor ID box as well, and add it there also.

13). Exit the Quest window by clicking OK, and use the main toolbar to SAVE.

14a). QUEST window > Topics tab > Topic Text slot
Go back to the topic just added (aaaBountyTopic) and add some dialog in which the innkeeper further explains his or her plight. "Yes, they have returned, those rascals, and we need to rid them once again, lest this local business suffers!"

14b). The Topic Text slot can be changed from aaaBountyTopic to "Enemies" or "Have they returned?" or whatever.

14c). Copy all the Conditions from the GREETING added earlier, and paste them into this new topic. So for Malene's quest it'll have the GetStage SQ05 >= 100, the GetIsID, GetQuestVariable SQFN DoOnce == 0, and the GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef == 0.

Diram will have GetStage MS47 >= 100, the GetIsID, and so on.

For any of the others, there'll just be a GetIsID, GetQuestVariable X, DoOnce == 0, and the GetScriptVariable. Paste these into the conditions for the new topic

14d). Change GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 0 to GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 1.

From this moment, the quest can be written so that the innkeeper will simply give the quest to the PC without choice (the player is basically railroaded) or the quest can be written so there is a choice involved. Yes or no.

16). To railroad the player (maybe your character is somebody who always goes for quests) use the Add Topics box to add the next topic. To provide a choice, use the Choices box.

Continue to step 17a if choice is involved.
Continue to step 17b if no choice is involved.

17a). Add a Yes and a No choice into the Choices box, and also into the Editor ID window. If you've already got Yes and No choice topics from other quests, these can be reused. Add dialog and Topic Texts for each choice. Now, if the player chooses Yes, this will obviously lead to the innkeeper giving the quest. "Ah, I knew I could count on you." If No gets chosen, the innkeeper will say something appropriate, maybe even be angry or fearful.

For the Yes choice here are the needed Conditions...

GetIsId NPC: NPC Name == 1.00
GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef Dead == 1.00

For the No choice, all that's needed is a GetIsId. Also add a Result Script which says Set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 0 for the No choice, so the entire quest can potentially get started again.

17b). (Skip this step if you opted for choices instead of railroading). Use the Add Topic box to start a second topic, and also add this into the tall, vertical Editor ID window. Add dialog to this second topic ("They're located deep within X location, and there's a reward of X if you rid them....") and add something into the Topic Text slot. "Enemies" or whatever.

Conditions are similar to what's above....

GetIsId NPC: NPC Name == 1.00
GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef Dead == 1.00

From this moment, the player has either accepted, turned down, or been forced to take on the quest. Off he or she goes, to rid the enemy boss (or not).

18a). QUEST DATA tab
Time to continue the main script now, and it's going to be yet another timer script. How it'll work: when the timer runs out after 3 days, the entire quest resets itself silently, along with the chosen dungeon itself. The NPC boss also respawns, since his or her Respawns toggle is turned on. Here is what the timer script looks like in total.

------------------------------------
scriptname aaaBountyQuestScript

short DoOnce
short Timer
short StartDay

Begin GameMode

if (Timer == 0)
If (aaaNPCBossRef.Dead >= 2)
Set StartDay to GameDaysPassed
Set Timer to 1
EndIf
Endif

If (Timer == 1)
If ((GameDaysPassed - StartDay) >=3)
Set Timer to 0
set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 0

If (aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 3)
aaaNPCBossRef.MoveTo aaaMarkerRef (edit)

EndIf
EndIf

End

---------------------------

Substitute aaaNPCBossRef with whatever name was chosen for the boss, yadda yadda.

18b). Click the save icon, and if everything saves okay, close the script. Click OK, closing the Quest window.

.... Again, when the NPC boss gets pwned, this causes the timer to begin. Once 3 days have passed, the dungeon respawns all its enemies (including the boss), and the quest will reset. We'll be able to go back to our quest-giver, and potentially receive this entire quest over again! From this moment on, the player has three days to collect the reward (which has not been added yet). If the player does not do so within 3 days, oh well that's tough, because by then the entire quest will have reset itself, including any Reward dialog. blink.gif There are probably ways to avoid this problem (for instance, the timer can get started only after collecting the reward, via dialog). But in most cases, the above process will be sufficient.

19). Open the Quest window. Go back into the Topics tab > GREETING. Give the innkeeper a GREETING which deals with her or him being happy we have killed the enemy boss. "Oh glory, you have done it, and we are saved!"

Do NOT make this GREETING random. We want the innkeeper to just dispense a reward, not beat around the bush with "Hello" or "Good to see you!", when we return from our endeavor.

And here are the needed conditions.

GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 2.00
GetIsID NPCname == 1.00

20a). Use the Add Topic box to give the innkeeper a topic which will lead to a reward (I usually just call this topic "Reward" in the Topic Text slot). If you already have a Reward topic from other quests, this can be reused.

20b). As always, add this reward topic in the Editor ID box. Once some dialog has been typed for this reward, use its Result Script box to make the innkeeper reward whatever is desired. For this lesson, I've chosen three bottles of beer, 100 gold, and some mutton. laugh.gif I'm also going to add another script which involves the main script's DoOnce (which causes dialog to change during future encounters with that same innkeeper), and bumps the ScriptVariable forward as well, so that there's no chance the NPC will keep giving this lame reward over and over.

Player.AddItem DrinkBeer 3
Player.AddItem Gold001 100
Player.AddItem Mutton 1
Set aaaBountyQuest.DoOnce to 1
Set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 3

Make sure to copy the Conditions from the reward GREETING just added....

GetScriptVariable Reference: aaaNPCBossRef Dead == 2
GetIsId NPC: NPCname == 1

21). Click OK, closing the Quest window, and SAVE.

22). QUEST WINDOW > Topics tab
Make another GREETING, and this one can be sort of generic. "So glad you have saved us from those bastards!" or whatever. Conditions for this GREETING will be

GetIsID NPCname == 1.00
GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 3.00

It is also possible to put a GetInFaction condition up there, replacing the GetIsId, and then add the faction of an entire town (such as LeyawiinFaction == 1.00) so that this entire location gets excited when they recognize our toon. Make sure Random is toggled on, so that people will only say this GREETING (mixed along with others Bethesda added) once the quest is done, its reward is given out, but 3 days have not passed yet.

Again, you can test to make sure the quest is still "working" by entering and exiting dialog with the innkeeper (or any other NPCs who are grateful for our character's success) over and over, until the "So glad you have saved us..." greeting shows up. Since the GetScritptVariable is now 3 instead of 2, the innkeeper won't keep rewarding the PC over and over, as dialog gets entered and exited.

23). Make one more GREETING, this one will be the final one. It is optional, and only to add realism. In this GREETing, the innkeeper will be greeting as though he or she's familiar with our past actions (we've basically helped the NPC once or twice by now), but those pesky enemies have returned one more time. "I know you've done so much for us in the past, but can I bend your ear one more time?"

GetIsID NPC: NPCname == 1.00
GetQuestVariable Quesname DoOnce == 1.00
GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 0.00

Again, Set aaaNPCBossRef.Dead to 1 goes n the Result Script box, and make sure Random gets toggled.

24). The same secondary topic which was used just after that very first GREETING (aaaBountyTopic aka "Enemies") can be added into the Add Topic box, but the quest-giver (whether it's Malene or somebody else) won't need to explain in as much detail what comes next.

Copy all the Conditions from the final GREETING, and paste them into this topic. Make sure to change the ScriptVariable to 1 though. So now, it'll look like....

GetIsID NPC: NPCname == 1.00
GetQuestVariable Quest: Questname DoOnce == 1.00
GetScriptVariable aaaNPCBossRef.Dead == 1.00

25). Add the same Topic or Choices which got added before, starting from step 16. No additional dialog needs to get added, and Conditions can be exactly the same for all this dialog, and also for the Reward part too.

26). Exit the Construction Set, saving all work. Make sure to make a backup copy of the .esp too, since it involved so much detail. goodjob.gif

---------------

Once this respawning bounty quest is set up, we can potentially add other NPCs who give out quests, not just Foroch or Candice or Malene or Diram. If you're trying to use the same quest for multiple people, it's also possible to add to the main script. Follow the same steps found on Page 2, post 30 of this thread. Not every step in that post will get repeated of course, so you'll need to use some judgement to get this all working properly, and also do lots of playtesting.

This post has been edited by Renee: Mar 31 2019, 02:18 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Renee   Renee's Modding Thread   Feb 25 2018, 01:30 PM
Lady Saga   [color=green]Tip: For Oblivion, Always use [url=ht...   Feb 25 2018, 01:35 PM
Renee   The Fetch Quest, Game: TES IV: Oblivion. So this...   Feb 25 2018, 01:51 PM
ghastley   The problem with the YouTube tutorials is that the...   Feb 25 2018, 04:25 PM
Renee   Awesome, ghastley. The problem with the YouTube...   Feb 25 2018, 05:18 PM
SubRosa   Excellent fetch tutorial Renee! I will probabl...   Feb 25 2018, 05:41 PM
Renee   Thank you. I tend to write up everything I do step...   Feb 25 2018, 11:40 PM
Renee   [color=green]The Kill Quest, Map Markers, and X ma...   Mar 2 2018, 11:16 PM
Turija   Great thread. I will have to think about what I c...   Mar 7 2018, 11:58 PM
Renee   Sweet Turija! See, I just learned a few new th...   Mar 8 2018, 02:53 AM
Renee   [b]How to repair Hair, Game: TES IV: Oblivion Thi...   Mar 13 2018, 02:27 AM
Renee   [color=#FF6600]How to make an NPC Vendor & Mec...   Mar 18 2018, 06:29 PM
Renee   [color=white]How to fix "Missing flowchartx32...   Mar 25 2018, 05:20 PM
ghastley   FWIW, you CAN paste into the command prompt window...   Mar 26 2018, 03:06 PM
Renee   Okay thanks, ghastley. I'll see if this works ...   Mar 29 2018, 05:18 PM
Renee   How to make a Fetch Quest (with multiple items). G...   Mar 31 2018, 11:36 PM
Renee   Each exterior cell is 4096 units by 4096 units or ...   Apr 3 2018, 02:56 PM
ghastley   At some time in the past I did a tutorial on how t...   Apr 10 2018, 07:33 PM
Renee   That'd be great. :)   Apr 10 2018, 08:15 PM
Renee   [color=#009900]Making a weather-changing item. Gam...   Apr 24 2018, 12:19 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Faction-changing Armor and Clothing...   May 13 2018, 07:53 PM
Renee   Making an NPC Follower Game: Fallout 3 Note: this...   May 29 2018, 01:25 AM
Renee   Timer Scripts. Game: TES IV: Oblivion or Fallout 3...   Jun 10 2018, 11:53 PM
Renee   [b]Making a house for sale or rent. Game: TES IV: ...   Jun 24 2018, 03:37 AM
Renee   Cripes, it's been since JUNE since I've ad...   Aug 12 2018, 04:13 PM
Renee   [color=#CC9933]Gun Tutorial Game: Fallout 3 This ...   Aug 26 2018, 08:52 PM
SubRosa   Ignores Normal Weapon Resistance is a holdover fro...   Aug 26 2018, 08:59 PM
Renee   Thanks. I changed the info in my previous post. ...   Sep 2 2018, 12:55 PM
Renee   Another tip for making these bounty quests: I like...   Sep 29 2018, 06:50 PM
Renee   This post goes with the one above, and is going to...   Oct 12 2018, 02:41 AM
Renee   [color=green]Lizard Men! -- Game: TES IV: Obli...   Oct 25 2018, 10:59 PM
Lopov   Nice! :goodjob: I'll be using this mod whe...   Oct 25 2018, 11:25 PM
Renee   So it's possible to encounter them in Lake Ru...   Oct 26 2018, 12:04 AM
Renee   Making an NPC Vendor / Repairist. Game: TES IV: Ob...   Oct 28 2018, 02:08 AM
Renee   [b]SEQ Files, Game: TES V: Skyrim Requires the TE...   Oct 29 2018, 12:17 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Making FOMODs through Fallout Mod M...   Nov 11 2018, 04:32 PM
Renee   ` Making an NPC follower Game: TES V: Skyrim ...   Dec 1 2018, 06:40 PM
Renee   [b]Making an NPC Vendor Game: TES V: Skyrim [b]1...   Dec 5 2018, 02:59 AM
Renee   Making a Book bump a quest stage Game: TESV: Skyri...   Dec 15 2018, 02:39 AM
Renee   [b]Skyrim Quest Tutorial (WORK IN PROGRESS, do no...   Dec 17 2018, 12:02 AM
mALX   This is an Awesome thread, Renee!!!   Jan 14 2019, 07:56 PM
Renee   Awesome, thanks so much. :) --------------------...   Jan 19 2019, 08:25 PM
Renee   Setting up a gamepad controller Game: Elder Scroll...   May 15 2019, 12:53 AM
mALX   Awesome! You got it working! By the wa...   May 15 2019, 01:55 AM
Renee   Awesome, thanks. I have noticed there's TONS o...   May 15 2019, 01:05 PM
Renee   Game: Fallout 3, How to use Zone Triggers to set q...   Jun 19 2019, 02:28 AM
Renee   How to transfer saves from Xbox to PC, Games: Obli...   Jun 26 2019, 12:10 PM
Renee   Making a generic NPC Enemy, [color=white] Game: TE...   Oct 29 2019, 10:53 PM
Renee   Repeatable Bounty Quests Game: [color=white]TESV: ...   Jan 5 2020, 05:47 AM
Renee   Repeatable Bounty Quests, How to add new locations...   Jan 29 2020, 01:46 AM
mALX   These are awesome tips! Thanks Renee!   Jan 5 2020, 06:26 PM
SubRosa   Wow. That is amazing.   Jan 5 2020, 07:54 PM
Renee   aw, well thanks. I appreciate your encouragement,...   Jan 5 2020, 10:48 PM
Renee   SetActorOwner https://www.creationkit.com/index.p...   Apr 1 2020, 11:43 PM
SubRosa   You can use this at the console. It is a great way...   Apr 2 2020, 12:28 AM
Renee   You can use this at the console. It is a great wa...   Apr 2 2020, 12:33 AM
Renee   USE THIS idea for Fallout3_Jail.esp. We're goi...   May 31 2020, 05:11 PM
Renee   Adding a Jail and enhancing Fallout's Crime Sy...   Jun 4 2020, 08:25 PM
Renee   Making a Patrol package. [color=#993300]Game: Fall...   Jun 20 2020, 04:55 PM
Renee   Horse Rentals. Game: [color=#006600]TES IV: Oblivi...   Jul 26 2020, 06:07 PM
Renee   Getting an Xbox controller to work on PC. Game: [c...   Jun 11 2021, 12:47 AM
Renee   [color=#996633]Trigger Zones, Game: Fallout 3 Fal...   Sep 27 2020, 12:47 AM
Renee   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj6qGCT4isg...nnel...   Sep 28 2020, 02:55 PM
Renee   https://web.archive.org/web/20130429160307/...Obje...   Oct 29 2020, 11:17 PM
Renee   I have found a really good Daggerfall tutorial whi...   Nov 28 2020, 03:00 AM
Renee   More Dynamic NPCs! Game: [color=#663366]TES II...   Jun 24 2021, 02:36 AM
Renee   Getting the Take All button to work, Game: [color=...   Aug 20 2021, 06:40 PM
Renee   Setting fallback cell (instead of Tiber Septim) h...   Sep 1 2021, 01:12 PM
Pseron Wyrd   https://web.archive.org/web/20200218144220/...a-s...   Sep 1 2021, 04:32 PM
Renee   I agree, Wyrd. Now that I know why random stuff sh...   Sep 2 2021, 01:58 AM
Renee   Random Console Commands, Game: TES V: Skyrim This...   Jan 23 2022, 03:36 PM
Renee   How to make a ForceGreet. Game: [color=white]TES V...   Jan 23 2022, 07:24 PM
Lena Wolf   I thought this thread was for Oblivion? ;) Never m...   Jan 25 2022, 03:57 PM
Acadian   I thought this thread was for Oblivion? ;) ... P...   Jan 25 2022, 05:30 PM
Lena Wolf   Well, there are of course a lot of similarities be...   Jan 25 2022, 05:41 PM
Renee   Lena has a point. Maybe this thread can be moved t...   Jan 25 2022, 06:12 PM
Acadian   Okay, the mod projects forum is simply a collectio...   Jan 25 2022, 07:22 PM
Renee   Thanks, paladin!   Jan 25 2022, 08:44 PM
Renee   How to use the PC's face for an NPC. [color=wh...   Mar 13 2022, 10:11 PM
Renee   How to add a bounty to the Player via script. Gam...   Apr 1 2022, 01:21 AM
Renee   How to add the Player or NPC into a Faction via sc...   Apr 3 2022, 02:39 AM
Renee   How to fix "failed to load snowflake: Meshes...   Nov 27 2022, 04:20 PM
Renee   Installing Morrowind from Scratch Recently I had ...   Dec 3 2022, 02:53 AM
macole   Those Intervention scrolls sure come in handy. I ...   Dec 3 2022, 07:59 AM
Renee   Oops, I screwed up. :whistle: Was cleaning the nex...   Dec 3 2022, 02:26 PM
Renee   Get a Job! Game: [color=white]TES V: Skyrim I...   Dec 11 2022, 11:41 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC. Game: TES V: Skyrim Here...   Jan 21 2023, 07:32 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC, Additional Locations. Game:...   Feb 10 2023, 03:07 PM
Renee   Traveling with an NPC, Additional NPCs. Game: [col...   Feb 13 2023, 01:58 AM
Renee   Dialog Speech Checks Game: [color=#FFFFFF]TES V: S...   Mar 3 2023, 03:58 AM
Renee   Map Marker Tutorial, Game: Fallout 3 Firstly, wit...   Mar 19 2023, 05:52 PM
Renee   Repeatable Enemy Raids, Game: Fallout 3 I love ge...   Mar 26 2023, 07:31 PM
Renee   Repeatable Enemy Raids, Additional Locations. Game...   Apr 2 2023, 06:36 PM
Renee   Gray Face bug. Game: [color=#FFFFFF]TES V: Skyrim ...   Apr 23 2023, 01:50 AM
Renee   Script Fragments. Game: [color=white]TES V: Skyrim...   May 19 2023, 06:54 PM
Renee   Fixing the Sideways Glasses Bug, Game: [color=#663...   May 26 2023, 10:29 PM
Renee   Nexus Mod Manager - installing and uninstalling Y...   Jun 8 2023, 08:02 PM
Renee   Breton Magic Resistance Tweak, Game: [color=#66333...   Jun 21 2023, 12:03 PM
Renee   Manipulating Leveled Lists Here is how to change ...   Jun 24 2023, 07:29 PM
2 Pages V  1 2 >

Reply to this topicStart new topic
16 User(s) are reading this topic (16 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:53 PM