Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The secret of Thaldorn Manor
Lopov
post May 13 2020, 10:59 PM
Post #1

Master
Group Icon

What I first intended to post as separate snippets / texts in the Where are you? thread, alongside with screenshots in the Screenshots thread, I now decided to post as a full story instead. Mostly, because it will be easier for me to post stories and screenshots at the same time. At first I didn't intend to make a story out of it, but lately I've been getting some ideas, so I decided to flesh them out.

It'll be sort of a horror story and will revolve around Rieltar Brunos Thaldorn, the mage and the former necromancer, who returns to his home - Thaldorn Manor.

I don't know how long will the story be, but definitely as long as I'll feel inspired to write and as long as I'll have time - I'm estimating anything between one to three months. I'll post one or two stories per week, in the beginning just one. For now I'll just copy the first entry alongside with screenies and with the comments, and with some added extras at the end.

---

I

Not many Cyrodiilians want to talk about the Thaldorn Manor. Five years ago it became publicly known, that in the noble house east of Pell's Gate, horrific deeds have been going on for years. Myraan Thaldorn, the high-ranking battlemage in the Legion, and his wife Deurexia, the respected teacher at the Arcane University, have been keeping a group of young maidens imprisoned in the manor basement. By sheer luck, one of them one night escaped and on her way to Pell's Gate, ran into a group of patrolling legionnaires. Before Thaldorns even found out that one of their captives was no longer chained, the patrol already stormed the manor and rescued two more maidens. As soon as they realized that their scheme has been exposed, Myraan and Deurexia committed suicide. The house was locked by the Legion and since that day nobody has stepped inside.

Myraan and Deurexia had one son - Rieltar Brunos - who was at that time a student at the College of Winterhold. News of his parents' death reached him a few weeks later, along with the key to the manor, he was after all the only heir.

*five years later*

Conjurers that have been occupying Sardavar Leed, the Ayleid ruin close to the manor, saw tonight for the first time light inside it. But not the light of candles, but of someone casting spells, they assumed.

The only heir returned home.

---

"You cannot walk on water or move mountains without faith. Or at least without a proper spell. I bought my water-walking spell from Trayvond in Cheydinhal. The bridge was probably intentionally collapsed after...deeds of my parents were revealed."

"South of the Imperial City, between Pell's Gate and Fort Alessia, lies the Thaldorn manor, in old records mentioned also as Thaldorne manor. It's where I spent my youth. I like the surname of my ancestors - Thaldorne - better. "

"Welcome home, Rieltar. Please, make yourself at...home. Your father is upstairs, polishing his armor. Go and greet him, right son? Except that there's no one to greet."

"This door is forbidden to open, Rieltar. It must remain locked at all times. Beasts lurk below. Ugly, abominable beasts! Beasts from all planes of Oblivion. They'll burn you alive and your mother won't be able to help you!"

"Pieces of the past, secrets of my parents."

---

Extras:

The abandoned manor in my hometown, that served as an inspiration for the Thaldorn Manor. The manor as such is the work from another author, but I edited a lot of stuff to my own liking, both outside and inside.

The name of the protagonist is a nod to Baldur's Gate I, specifically to the leaders of the Iron Throne organization. Their names were Rieltar Anchev, Brunos Costak and Thaldorn.

---

First comments from the other thread, so the authors don't need to repeat themselves. biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 11 2020, 12:22 AM) *

A new adventure begins in 3rd Era Cyrodiil it seems?

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 11 2020, 01:44 AM) *

The scowling necromage has returned!

QUOTE(Renee @ May 12 2020, 09:29 PM) *

indifferent.gif Oh noes!!! panic.gif Well now we know how he got that spooky manor. Picutres!

QUOTE(Renee @ May 13 2020, 02:10 PM) *

Goodness, what were his parents up to? Those poor maidens.

I love his shorts! biggrin.gif That's a first for me.

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 13 2020, 06:30 PM) *

Thaldorn Manor looks extremely appropriate - overgrown, cobwebs, mysterious doors, chains. . . .

Now, that mysterious door he is never supposed to open. I'm sure he never will. Nope. Not a chance. . . .

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 13 2020, 07:01 PM) *

Thaldorn Manor looks like the kind of place the Scooby Gang would visit. I wonder if there are any ghosts! They would have gotten away with it too, if it wasn't for that meddling Rieltar...

When do we go through that door! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Lopov: May 13 2020, 11:00 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Lopov
post Jul 12 2020, 09:17 AM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

@Acadian - thanks! I had the events of the story more or less "fixed in my head", but I let some random ones take place from time to time as well. In the first version Rieltar would be captured alive and sentenced to life imprisonment in the Imperial City, where he'd continue to talk in an insane way, switching between his personality and his mother's, until he'd one day commit suicide. But then I decided that his death was a more fitting end. I'm glad that you liked the love story that took place alongside.

@macole - thanks! As I just wrote above, the death of Rieltar is more fitting for me as well.

@Renee - maybe Julianos was behind it all, who knows? Maybe Marie's devotion to her deity was so strong, that he placed Khetto in the same cell as Ves, so the two would meet and prevail over evil. Strange is the will of the Divines. The kissing mod is an upgraded version of the Hugging mod.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Lopov   The secret of Thaldorn Manor   May 13 2020, 10:59 PM
Acadian   I'm so pleased you're graduating Rieltar i...   May 13 2020, 11:05 PM
Renee   I concur with the man from New Las Vegas. I always...   May 14 2020, 05:14 PM
macole   Hoarding maidens in the basement can mean only one...   May 14 2020, 07:47 PM
Lopov   @Acadian - thanks, for now I'll let the thread...   May 17 2020, 09:15 AM
Renee   Uh oh. :O Maybe that ain't his mother. :| Whoa...   May 17 2020, 05:08 PM
SubRosa   Uh oh, Rieltar is taking over from Jason Vorhees. ...   May 17 2020, 06:15 PM
Acadian   Lots of mystery here. Disturbing exchange with Ri...   May 17 2020, 06:49 PM
Lopov   @Renee - in Letting her go Rieltar is "lettin...   May 24 2020, 09:00 AM
SubRosa   Well that was deeply disturbing.   May 24 2020, 07:52 PM
Acadian   Wow, this is turning out to be quite the tale of h...   May 24 2020, 09:02 PM
macole   Oh, that was tense. I had to turn the lights on. :...   May 25 2020, 04:51 AM
Renee   Good lord, scoundrel! :| This is creepy. It...   May 26 2020, 01:18 PM
Lopov   @SubRosa - the sun always shines after the storm, ...   May 31 2020, 11:37 AM
Renee   Yes, I was wondering if Vesuvius is related to Hie...   May 31 2020, 03:06 PM
Acadian   Khetto seems just the thing for a hangover - not...   May 31 2020, 06:55 PM
SubRosa   Looks like Vesuvius got all the passion in his fam...   Jun 1 2020, 06:48 PM
Renee   I'm just able to view the pictures. Wow, his h...   Jun 2 2020, 01:09 PM
Lopov   It's time for the next chapter, as I already s...   Jun 3 2020, 05:37 PM
Acadian   This is some superb writing. The joke is both cl...   Jun 3 2020, 07:27 PM
Renee   Oh no! Vesuvius actually met his former girlfr...   Jun 3 2020, 08:13 PM
SubRosa   Wait, I know that scowl! It's Rieltar...   Jun 3 2020, 11:17 PM
Lopov   @Acadian - thanks! I'm glad that there was...   Jun 7 2020, 10:57 AM
Acadian   Heh, nice nod to the paranoid little Glarthir, nea...   Jun 7 2020, 07:36 PM
SubRosa   Whenever someone is introduced as the Primate of a...   Jun 7 2020, 07:59 PM
Renee   Lopov, I love how it's sort of obvious Marie i...   Jun 8 2020, 01:02 PM
Lopov   @Acadian - in the future Ves will regret getting d...   Jun 14 2020, 10:30 AM
SubRosa   Branwen survived the encounter with Ghost Mother. ...   Jun 14 2020, 06:39 PM
Acadian   ‘Marie Palielle was hoping to [u]palaver about ...   Jun 14 2020, 06:58 PM
Renee   Gawd what a nutcase. I can't wait to see Rielt...   Jun 16 2020, 01:12 PM
macole   We need a hero Hope she can hold out 'til the ...   Jun 15 2020, 02:30 AM
Lopov   @SubRosa - indeed, Branwen survived. When she woke...   Jun 21 2020, 06:12 AM
macole   Ah, the chase is on, me thinks.   Jun 21 2020, 04:56 PM
SubRosa   Oh Noes! Rieltar has almost kidnapped them all...   Jun 21 2020, 06:39 PM
Acadian   Ahah, looks like Lartier is an anagram for Rieltar...   Jun 21 2020, 07:23 PM
Renee   Ah crap. Now he' Lartier. :mad: And he's c...   Jun 22 2020, 04:22 PM
Lopov   @macole - the chase is on indeed! @SubRosa - ...   Jun 28 2020, 09:31 AM
Acadian   Edge of our seat this entire episode! What an...   Jun 28 2020, 06:38 PM
Renee   Hey it's a good thing Vesuvius isn't drink...   Jun 29 2020, 03:36 PM
SubRosa   By Julianos' little teapot! This is boil...   Jun 29 2020, 09:31 PM
Lopov   @Acadian - I'm glad to hear that you were on t...   Jul 5 2020, 06:48 AM
Acadian   A wonderfully full and satisfying end to this well...   Jul 5 2020, 06:46 PM
macole   Hooray! Rieltar got what he deserved. The epil...   Jul 5 2020, 08:22 PM
Renee   Crap, so his parents were burned years ago. Well, ...   Jul 6 2020, 11:41 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 06:33 PM