122 Pages V « < 110 111 112 113 114 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Fallout Screenshot Thread, For FO3, NV and their DLC
Renee
post May 6 2020, 12:54 PM
Post #2221

Councilor
Group Icon

Awesome, thanks for posting these! I was interested in Fallout 1 myself a couple years ago, but after watching some Let's Play videos I knew I'd never be able to get used to using guns & bombs in isometric perspective.

That boss (you call him the Master) looks menacing.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 6 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #2222

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 5 2020, 07:39 PM) *

Very neat to see some pics of Fallout 1! We don't normally see them. I never got far enough to meet the BOS. I think I got as far as Shady Sands. I remember rescuing someone from there from a raider gang that had kidnapped them. Then I recall exploring an abandoned vault somewhere nearby. That is as far as I ever went.

The whole hero is cast out at the end is a common trope in the Fallout games. I think Fallout 4 and Fallout Tactics are the only ones that do not do it.

That would be Tandi, who was the daughter of then-Shady Sands leader Aradesh. She becomes the first president of the NCR and pops up in Fallout 2. The vault you are talking about is Vault 15, and some of them went on to found Shady Sands and some of them formed raider groups like the Khans (who were holding Tandi and populate that camp you rescue her from).

I suppose it is a common trope in Fallout, though IIRC it is the only time it happens at the very end of the game. Unless I am forgetting something, in Fallout 3 you are cast out at the beginning before you become a hero. Don't know about Fallout 2 yet as I have just started it.

QUOTE(Renee @ May 6 2020, 07:54 AM) *

Awesome, thanks for posting these! I was interested in Fallout 1 myself a couple years ago, but after watching some Let's Play videos I knew I'd never be able to get used to using guns & bombs in isometric perspective.

That boss (you call him the Master) looks menacing.

Well, you should see him up close and personal. https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Master?file...PC_Master_B.png

The Master is an NPC that actually has a face in the dialogue box when you interact with characters. Most NPCs don't have them, as it is usually reserved for particularly important characters. You can read more about him in that aforementioned link. He's actually the combination of a bunch of people during the events of Fallout 1, but originally he was just another human named Richard Moreau who came from Vault 8.

--------------------
"[Insert awesome/inspiring/cool/smart/pseudo-intellectual quote here.]" - Me
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2020, 04:22 PM
Post #2223

Ancient
Group Icon

In Fallout 3 you are cast out at the very start. But also later in the game there is a quest where you go back into the vault, and find out that a civil war has started after you left. You can settle the war one way or another. But no matter how it goes, you are once again cast out of the vault.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 6 2020, 05:30 PM
Post #2224

Master
Group Icon

Nice to see Fallout 1 pics! *claps* I've spent many years playing Fallout 1, Fallout 2 & Tactics and Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, because my computer couldn't handle more modern games, so I kept switching between these. The Master has an incredible backstory from what I remember, even his real name can be found out in the game (without checking the online wiki). I remember there are several ways to deal with him, you can either attack him outright, convince him to make a suicide or avoid him completely and instead detonate the bunker yourself. And it's not just about the Master, there are lots of ways to deal with any quest in the game.

I hope you'll post more Fallout pics in the future.

If you haven't played Fallout 2, you're in for a treat. The game feels less desolate than Fallout 1, it's much longer, but just as good and in some aspects even better. It features my favorite town from the entire FO series - New Reno - if you want to experience that town in full, you need 3 characters at least, because as you progress through one questline in that town, you systematically "close" the other questlines. You'll know what I mean once you get there.

Oh, and there's also Vault City, another great town. Followers are well done in both games but I especially remember some guy, he was father of Rose of Sharon Cassidy (FNV), and he was allergic to something...I don't remember anymore what it was. But if you gave him that stuff in inventory, he died. laugh.gif

EDIT: Who's your follower in the final pics? Katja?

This post has been edited by Lopov: May 6 2020, 05:31 PM

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 6 2020, 07:08 PM
Post #2225

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha The Master looks like a hideous monster! laugh.gif I've heard Fallout has tons of content and humor. That Master just got a chuckle from me.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 6 2020, 11:22 AM) *

In Fallout 3 you are cast out at the very start. But also later in the game there is a quest where you go back into the vault, and find out that a civil war has started after you left. You can settle the war one way or another. But no matter how it goes, you are once again cast out of the vault.

Yes. There are different options, but they all lead to the same conclusion, sadly. Cho Zen Wan had a crush on Amata, and wanted her to follow him out into the world, but as events spiraled out of control during that quest he wound up killing the Overseer (her father) so now she had even more reason to never leave 101.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 6 2020, 07:50 PM
Post #2226

Ancient
Group Icon

I had a crush on Amata. wub.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 6 2020, 08:05 PM
Post #2227

Councilor
Group Icon

Mm hmm, she is a cutie. wub.gif And we get to protect her from that stupid Tunnel Snake guy... if I remember correctly.

And then the Tunnel Snake guy later becomes our barber. laugh.gif Ah ... good times.

This post has been edited by Renee: May 6 2020, 08:06 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 7 2020, 01:36 AM
Post #2228

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 6 2020, 12:30 PM) *

Nice to see Fallout 1 pics! *claps* I've spent many years playing Fallout 1, Fallout 2 & Tactics and Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, because my computer couldn't handle more modern games, so I kept switching between these. The Master has an incredible backstory from what I remember, even his real name can be found out in the game (without checking the online wiki). I remember there are several ways to deal with him, you can either attack him outright, convince him to make a suicide or avoid him completely and instead detonate the bunker yourself. And it's not just about the Master, there are lots of ways to deal with any quest in the game.

I hope you'll post more Fallout pics in the future.

If you haven't played Fallout 2, you're in for a treat. The game feels less desolate than Fallout 1, it's much longer, but just as good and in some aspects even better. It features my favorite town from the entire FO series - New Reno - if you want to experience that town in full, you need 3 characters at least, because as you progress through one questline in that town, you systematically "close" the other questlines. You'll know what I mean once you get there.

Oh, and there's also Vault City, another great town. Followers are well done in both games but I especially remember some guy, he was father of Rose of Sharon Cassidy (FNV), and he was allergic to something...I don't remember anymore what it was. But if you gave him that stuff in inventory, he died. laugh.gif

EDIT: Who's your follower in the final pics? Katja?

Harold, the mutant in the Hub (who apparently isn't quite a ghoul), indicates The Master's name although he has no idea that he is the one creating the super mutants or that he is even alive. I'm not sure where else in the game it indicates it though. I learned it from reading up on the lore before, otherwise I probably wouldn't have made the connection.

Although I was going to deal with The Master head-on anyway, I think that killing him was my only option anyway. The option to convince him the Unity was all for nothing didn't pop up although I thought I had done the prerequisites. I was going to fight him regardless but I wanted to see what that route looked like especially since it is voice-acted. I think I needed the key from the Super Mutant Lieutenant at Mariposa to avoid the Master, but after a few times trying to fight the Lieutenant I didn't know how in the world to beat him and just went straight to detonating the place. In hindsight, I think I could've done if I went for The Master first, as I got the Tesla Armor and Gatling Laser in the Cathedral, and then fought the Lieutenant, but it just felt wrong to not save The Master for last.

I just started Fallout 2 yesterday and ended on getting to Klamath. I've read some of the lore before so I have some idea of events to come (for example, I learned that The Master, when he was Richard Moreau, was exiled from Vault City/Vault 8 and changed his last name to Grey), but there will still be plenty of surprises for me.

Yep, that's Katja in the pictures. He might be hard to see, but Dogmeat is also there. The amount of times I had to reload the game to keep him alive since he got himself into mortal danger or in the way of my or other companions' weapons constantly...I successfully kept Dogmeat alive to the end, though. Katja was alive, too, but I picked her up late in the game. I had Ian earlier on as well, and though he was very helpful in eradicating the Khan slavers, he probably had the dumbest AI otherwise. Eventually, Ian died in a raider ambush while we protected one of the Crimson Caravan convoys, and I just got tired of reloading to keep him alive. I got Tycho on my way to the Master, and he unfortunately died in that Cathedral tower to a nightkin when we went up to kill Morpheus.

EDIT: Here are some shots of my Vault Dweller. As with 3/NV/4, I named her Mariah.

Final Stats and Perks - with Tesla Armor

Final Karma

Final Kill Count

Final Stats - with Brotherhood Power Armor

QUOTE(Renee @ May 6 2020, 02:08 PM) *

Ha ha The Master looks like a hideous monster! laugh.gif I've heard Fallout has tons of content and humor. That Master just got a chuckle from me.

Yep, he is one ugly S.O.B. It was easy to fight him with the Tesla Armor you get right before the end of the game while lighting him up with a Gatling Laser and Plasma Rifle, but otherwise it would've been a really tough fight. I purposely ran far ahead of Katja and (especially) Dogmeat so they wouldn't get caught in the crossfire.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 6 2020, 02:50 PM) *

I had a crush on Amata. wub.gif

Amata sure is a cutie. But Sarah in the Vault Shop in New Vegas...whew...well, let's just say my Courier paid more than a few visits to her after getting those vault suits. hubbahubba.gif wub.gif

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: May 7 2020, 01:46 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 7 2020, 02:10 AM
Post #2229

Ancient
Group Icon

That is a lot of dead rats!

Wow, it actually counts dead men separate from dead women.

Mariah is all heroic with that power armor.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post May 7 2020, 09:38 AM
Post #2230

Master
Group Icon

@Rader - I think there's a holodisk somewhere in the Mariposa Military Base that tells the story of Richard Moreau becoming the Master. Or maybe it's in another place, but there definitely is one. Just like with many other stuff in Fallout, it's quite easy to miss.

I forgot to mention another option of dealing with the Master, although it's not canon. You can join his army. In this case IIRC in the final video mutants storm Vault 13.

Is Lieutenant the guy who calls himsef Lou Tenant? laugh.gif I remember that he's one tough SOB to bring down.

I rarely used companions just because of the AI issues you mention. But as you say, Ian is the worst. laugh.gif biggrin.gif In the end I left him dead for good, because I got tired of reloading. I used companions more extensively in Fallout 2.

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 7 2020, 01:16 PM
Post #2231

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 7 2020, 04:38 AM) *

Is Lieutenant the guy who calls himsef Lou Tenant?

Nice! This would make a totally fab Renee name. smile.gif Too bad I didn't think of it first!

--------------------
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 10 2020, 05:28 PM
Post #2232

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ May 7 2020, 04:38 AM) *

Is Lieutenant the guy who calls himsef Lou Tenant? laugh.gif I remember that he's one tough SOB to bring down.

I rarely used companions just because of the AI issues you mention. But as you say, Ian is the worst. laugh.gif biggrin.gif In the end I left him dead for good, because I got tired of reloading. I used companions more extensively in Fallout 2.

Yep, that's Lou. Probably could've killed him if I went to him after the Master because of the equipment in the Cathedral, but oh well.

I'd find it awfully hard to get through the whole game without companions, though it was mostly just Dogmeat and I at the beginning.

Although I started Fallout 2, I've been having the urge to play Fallout 3 again. And that's exactly what I'm doing. I actually started a 2nd character (which is not a common occurrence for me). Her name is Emilia and I wanted to make a fairly different playthrough than with Mariah. She's still a good person, but she is also not above stealing certain things or breaking into terminals/locked containers. I've already had quite a few differences than my first playthrough and had some dialogue I never encountered before due to different choices and attribute/skill checks. I've also explored a couple of places that have had things occur that I do not remember running into, but that may just be my memory.

To make this a fairly or much different playthrough, I have been taking mostly different perks (somehow, I didn't take Wild Wasteland before) and I changed a lot in the S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes. If I remember correctly, Emilia started off with these S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats:

Strength: 5
Perception: 4
Endurance: 3 or 4
Charisma: 8
Intelligence: 8
Agility: 9
Luck: 2

Here are some early shots of her adventures.

A Whole New World

Dressed for the Occasion

Stone Cold

Someone's Lost Their Head

Looks That Can Kill

The Wild Wasteland Perk in Action

Never Should Have Come Here

Kablooie! (another Wild Wasteland shot)

Big Town's Big Stand

No Paradise for Raiders

Technically, This Gun Wasn't on the Sign

It's Dangerous to Go Alone

Power Fist = Explosion (more Wild Wasteland)

Haymaker!

The Doctor Will Not Be Seeing You

This post has been edited by RaderOfTheLostArk: May 10 2020, 05:29 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 10 2020, 06:46 PM
Post #2233

Ancient
Group Icon

Emilia is very pink!

She is stone cold, but not Steve Austin.

I see Emilia is turning heads... inside out! laugh.gif

So is this Wild Wasteland perk just something like Bloody Mess, that gibs enemies most of the time? I was thinking of the one in NV, which added specific encounters.

Ever since I learned the console command to open NPCs inventories and change what they have, I have always saved up guns and armor all game, and equipped everyone in Big Town with Combat Armor and Assault Rifles.

Paradise has fallen.

Emilia is performing some shotgun surgery.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 10 2020, 08:12 PM
Post #2234

Paladin
Group Icon

Welcome to Emilia! Pretty in pink - but I'm guessing she couldn't find a nice pink gun so opted to shift her palette to more subdued colors to match her guns and dog. tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
RaderOfTheLostArk
post May 14 2020, 03:20 AM
Post #2235

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ May 10 2020, 01:46 PM) *

So is this Wild Wasteland perk just something like Bloody Mess, that gibs enemies most of the time? I was thinking of the one in NV, which added specific encounters.

I'm pretty sure it is supposed to add unique encounters as well, but I'm not sure if I have run into any of them yet. I've definitely seen a bunch of things that I didn't in my first playthrough, but at least most of it is probably endemic to the game to begin with.

QUOTE(Acadian @ May 10 2020, 03:12 PM) *

Welcome to Emilia! Pretty in pink - but I'm guessing she couldn't find a nice pink gun so opted to shift her palette to more subdued colors to match her guns and dog. tongue.gif

She didn't really think about it that much. tongue.gif Just needed to use better armor in a lot of places. Although she's worn a few outfits that I never really put on Mariah.

---------------------------------------------------------

More pictures from the last few days.

Absolutely Floored

Bye Bye, Big Guy

Emilia, Wasteland Ranger

"Four Score and Seven Years Ago..."

I've Got a Fever, and the Prescription is More Explosions

Galaxy News Radio Shootout

The Big One

"I've Had it With These [censored] Mutants..."

Big Game Hunting

No Memorial for Slavers

Regulator Justice

Raided Raiders

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 14 2020, 04:17 AM
Post #2236

Ancient
Group Icon

More explosions!

The big fight outside of GNR!

No home for old slavers.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post May 14 2020, 06:57 PM
Post #2237

Paladin
Group Icon

Some great action shots as Emilia explores and fights her way around the badlands. She's easy to spot with that hair! tongue.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 15 2020, 04:08 PM
Post #2238

Councilor
Group Icon

Emilia's cute with her pink hair!

I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell! Does Emilia put her pants on one leg at a time? laugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post May 30 2020, 06:15 PM
Post #2239

Councilor
Group Icon

Linda spends the next day trying to move on. But things just aren't the same.

The good times they'd shared.

"It's quiet out here. We like to keep it that way."

"Thanks for keeping me around. Not much else to do out here without you, Linda.."

"And I .. I also can't do this without you, Veronica. But it won't be easy."

And so one woman follows the other. Linda and Veronica. Headed toward the Vegas strip in search of Linda's brother. What will the future entail for the former inhabitant of Vault 6, and the lady from Trading Post 188?

"It's all just one step at a time."

Thanks to the Google Map of all Fallout locations found in this thread, I have determined that Linda Hand once lived in Vault 6 perhaps, since she is supposed to be from Oregon.
Thank you for viewing. cake.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post May 30 2020, 07:07 PM
Post #2240

Ancient
Group Icon

Looks like Linda is the Lone Wanderer.

Oh, but she cannot go on without Veronica. How sweet, even though V is a homicidal maniac...

--------------------
+Quote Post

122 Pages V « < 110 111 112 113 114 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 09:42 AM