> ESO Housing & Decorating, All things Homestead
monkeyemoness
post Feb 8 2017, 12:48 AM
Post #81

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 07:39 PM) *

Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting an Altmeri single bed in my Mara's Pub.

That was one of the blueprints I read to clear space. I could craft you one once I have the materials.

Neat, thanks! I can send over some materials in exchange.

But yeah, the empty houses come with at least one free light source. The quality and quantity depend on the house. Jo'zira's "abandoned" Auridon room has some basic furnishings now, though I could barely fit the bed in there. It almost looks like my old room, actually, and I don't know how to feel about that. Once I get some book stacks it'll be complete. For no good reason other than RP.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 8 2017, 12:49 AM
Post #82

Mouth
Group Icon

Thanks to Tsarakiri's...hard work... we were able to afford a mimic Hist Tree today - it's a perfect fit in the garden! We also bought some authentic Shadowfen rocks for Venatrix the lizard to sunbathe on.

Unfortunately this has left us with absolutely no money, so we'll have to keep working hard in order to afford a cherry blossom tree for Ciri, and then a home for Tsarakiri. It's kind of nice to have things to work towards like this.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 8 2017, 01:53 AM
Post #83

Councilor
Group Icon

Thanks, mALX! I will keep digging through the lists. The fire logs that Jerric bought to try filled up his whole room, but not with fire. Probably for the best! laugh.gif

hazmick, congrats to the new homeowners! I love that house because of the garden. The location is great, too. I agree, it's fun to have things to shop, gather, and save for.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2017, 02:24 AM
Post #84

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 06:48 PM) *

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 02:50 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 07:39 PM) *

Right now I'm mostly concerned with getting an Altmeri single bed in my Mara's Pub.

That was one of the blueprints I read to clear space. I could craft you one once I have the materials.

Neat, thanks! I can send over some materials in exchange.

But yeah, the empty houses come with at least one free light source. The quality and quantity depend on the house. Jo'zira's "abandoned" Auridon room has some basic furnishings now, though I could barely fit the bed in there. It almost looks like my old room, actually, and I don't know how to feel about that. Once I get some book stacks it'll be complete. For no good reason other than RP.

Here is what I did with the Mara's Pub inn room:

http://imgur.com/a/pSUm7

The placement of the bed in that room is crucial to the comfort of the room because of the tiny size and shape of that room. I played around a while before finding that place for the bed, after that the desk and dinner table fell right into place and left plenty of room for stacks of books, lol.

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 06:49 PM) *

Thanks to Tsarakiri's...hard work... we were able to afford a mimic Hist Tree today - it's a perfect fit in the garden! We also bought some authentic Shadowfen rocks for Venatrix the lizard to sunbathe on.

Unfortunately this has left us with absolutely no money, so we'll have to keep working hard in order to afford a cherry blossom tree for Ciri, and then a home for Tsarakiri. It's kind of nice to have things to work towards like this.

Oh, I would love to see that hist in the yard!!!! If there is anything you need, (any of us) - post it on here, and maybe one of us can make it and send it, or if we have an extra recipe to send, etc.

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 7 2017, 07:53 PM) *

Thanks, mALX! I will keep digging through the lists. The fire logs that Jerric bought to try filled up his whole room, but not with fire. Probably for the best! laugh.gif

hazmick, congrats to the new homeowners! I love that house because of the garden. The location is great, too. I agree, it's fun to have things to shop, gather, and save for.

I'm not positive since my Crown Store furnishings ability hasn't worked since the release of housing; but on the PTS it was under "Lighting/Fires" - I think.

I got my first Redguard recipe from Hazmick today, that was so awesome - and sweet!

I have been farming all day for furniture recipes/plans; and - not doing very well. I did find an Orc block counter if anyone wants it. Other than that I found a Breton Bookcase that I did read; and an Orc bowl that I did read.

By now I would have bought what I wanted from the Crown Store, but it is still broken on my game. verysad.gif

Meanwhile, if anyone wants to duel each other in my courtyard before I find any furnishings for it, that would be a perfect spot to do it! laugh.gif

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2017, 02:27 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 8 2017, 03:40 AM
Post #85

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2017, 02:24 AM) *

Oh, I would love to see that hist in the yard!!!! If there is anything you need, (any of us) - post it on here, and maybe one of us can make it and send it, or if we have an extra recipe to send, etc.

Feel free to drop by anytime. I had a mooch around your Stros M'kai house earlier - it's absolutely gorgeous!

I'm looking for anything Argonian, but mainly a bed (the proper bed, not one of the floor mats).

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Feb 8 2017, 04:30 AM
Post #86

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 7 2017, 07:24 PM) *

The placement of the bed in that room is crucial to the comfort of the room because of the tiny size and shape of that room. I played around a while before finding that place for the bed, after that the desk and dinner table fell right into place and left plenty of room for stacks of books, lol.

That looks so nice! :0
I did the same with the bed, but I never would have thought to use the tapestry as a rug. Although I'm going for a messy "shut-in" look for the room, I might steal that idea for myself.

Anyways, Eolan bought and moved into Ravenhurst, but it's not that great yet. Also I don't know that classic house cat's deal. He was the original Winceslaus before the Abecean Ratter Cat replaced him. I'll just pretend he's a recent adoption. And probably an Alfiq bumming off of Eolan by pretending to be a stray. (I mean, it's right in the flavor text, that its particular breed is a distant Khajiit relative, even if it's meant to be unreliable at best.)

I DID find several Breton-style furnishing blueprints shortly after, though! Including a blue-rank desk that I was unable to craft because I used up my Regulus and Heartwood making furnishings for the inn room. So there's that. (for reference, I can also make an open drawer, an amphora for plants, a trestle dining table and a blue-rank clay lid??? in Breton style)

I'll start letting visitors in once I get the houses in decent shape.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2017, 07:45 AM
Post #87

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 7 2017, 09:40 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2017, 02:24 AM) *

Feel free to drop by anytime. I had a mooch around your Stros M'kai house earlier - it's absolutely gorgeous!

I'm looking for anything Argonian, but mainly a bed (the proper bed, not one of the floor mats).

I will most def keep you in mind if I pick up any Argonian stuff!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Feb 7 2017, 10:30 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 7 2017, 07:24 PM) *

That looks so nice! :0
I did the same with the bed, but I never would have thought to use the tapestry as a rug. Although I'm going for a messy "shut-in" look for the room, I might steal that idea for myself.

Anyways, Eolan bought and moved into Ravenhurst, but it's not that great yet. Also I don't know that classic house cat's deal. He was the original Winceslaus before the Abecean Ratter Cat replaced him. I'll just pretend he's a recent adoption. And probably an Alfiq bumming off of Eolan by pretending to be a stray. (I mean, it's right in the flavor text, that its particular breed is a distant Khajiit relative, even if it's meant to be unreliable at best.)

I DID find several Breton-style furnishing blueprints shortly after, though! Including a blue-rank desk that I was unable to craft because I used up my Regulus and Heartwood making furnishings for the inn room. So there's that. (for reference, I can also make an open drawer, an amphora for plants, a trestle dining table and a blue-rank clay lid??? in Breton style)

I'll start letting visitors in once I get the houses in decent shape.

Thank you! I played and played with that bed before finally finding that sweet spot! And I don't care much for that particular rug, but it was the right size and added a touch of color.

Also, that was done on the PTS server, where all the furniture is all but given to you - in the real game where I have to search for furniture plans and can't find them = my rooms only have a bedroll in them now, lol.

Ooh, you learned how to make those candles? Awesome! Those cats are really cute!

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2017, 02:48 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2017, 08:03 AM
Post #88

Ancient
Group Icon

I got all three free hotel rooms, so it is possible to do that. So far the Crown Store is still offline on my game, urk. So it looks like until I learn how to make some things, these rooms will stay empty or with just a bedroll.

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2017, 08:04 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 8 2017, 12:15 PM
Post #89

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, that room looks great! I’m amazed that a bed even fits in there, and you made it look cozy. The Crown Store is acting funny for me, too, but if I go back to it right away after it tells me that it’s down, it works fine. I hope it starts working for you.

monkey, congrats to Eolan! I love that house. I thought the same thing about the spotted “housecat.” An undercover Alfiq could make things interesting for the homeowner. blink.gif

Elke has almost gotten her Vulkhel Guard apartment, then the crew will need to get busy questing so they can purchase (and afford) their houses. Jerric is unsurprisingly not much of a decorator. He feels perfectly comfortable in his austere Ebony Flask room. I think he’s spent too many nights locked up in the drunk tank. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2017, 03:16 PM
Post #90

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 8 2017, 06:15 AM) *

mALX, that room looks great! I’m amazed that a bed even fits in there, and you made it look cozy. The Crown Store is acting funny for me, too, but if I go back to it right away after it tells me that it’s down, it works fine. I hope it starts working for you.

monkey, congrats to Eolan! I love that house. I thought the same thing about the spotted “housecat.” An undercover Alfiq could make things interesting for the homeowner. blink.gif

Elke has almost gotten her Vulkhel Guard apartment, then the crew will need to get busy questing so they can purchase (and afford) their houses. Jerric is unsurprisingly not much of a decorator. He feels perfectly comfortable in his austere Ebony Flask room. I think he’s spent too many nights locked up in the drunk tank. tongue.gif

Jerric would look comfortable sleeping on a rock, and he really does look at home no matter what is around him (or isn't, in this case, lol).

Thanks for your kind words about the room = that was done on the PTS server where access to all the furniture was free to me, I had access to every furnished house in the game for one Crown a piece and could just yank whatever I wanted out of each house to put into my little rooms - plus was given 5500 Crowns per day to spend buying anything I wanted from the Crown Store.

In the real game and without all that free access = my three rooms each have just a bedroll in them (and may be that way for quite a while due to the cost of mats in crafting. Making the three bedrolls used up a bunch of my stored resources!

The difference in the real game (vs the PTS server) of having absolutely no access to furniture and having to search for each piece (or pay real world money for it via the Crown store) - I think we will all be in austere circumstances together for a while. I am kind of stunned that they didn't have any NPC vendors just selling beds, rugs, etc. for gold (instead of the housing vendors just selling trees and rocks).

On the PTS server, I did put in a big complaint about that. They gave us no way to buy any actual furniture for our homes using gold, it is either buy with Crowns or craft them (and good luck finding the recipes).

And to craft them, they require a really high amount of mats, too. My friend Aussie used up half her inventory last night making one pumpkin!

Thanks for the tip on the Crown Store access, I will most def try that!

And whenever I get the access to furniture to do it = here is what I had done with the Ebony Flask room on the PTS server:

http://i.imgur.com/ggt3ZnX.png

(and that was made before I learned that they didn't make sitting accessible on that comfy pink sofa for some reason. As soon as I realized that couch and tuffet couldn't be sat on: I changed them out for furniture that could be actually used = a stool to replace the tuffet, and the other pink couch for the sofa).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 8 2017, 03:22 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 8 2017, 07:49 PM
Post #91

Ancient
Group Icon

Hazmick - I saw your house last night, that is Awesome! I LOVE the achievement stuff you have there, especially the Hist Tree! That thing is huge, I thought it would completely take over that courtyard, but it fits perfectly in it! And also the ones inside you have - LOVE that stuff!

I am def keeping my eyes out for a real bed and one of those cute chests; and those nice wicker shelf units, etc. (Argonian style) .

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 8 2017, 09:56 PM
Post #92

Councilor
Group Icon

Gosh, your Ebony Flask room looks even prettier! Too bad those tuffet seat are not usable, they look so inviting. A lot of stuff is plain wood, and those cushions add a lot of softness and color. Very nice!

I found the perfect bed for Jerric. It’s huge and looks recently used. laugh.gif Now I just have to find it again when he’s shopping.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 9 2017, 01:42 AM
Post #93

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Feb 8 2017, 03:56 PM) *

Gosh, your Ebony Flask room looks even prettier! Too bad those tuffet seat are not usable, they look so inviting. A lot of stuff is plain wood, and those cushions add a lot of softness and color. Very nice!

I found the perfect bed for Jerric. It’s huge and looks recently used. laugh.gif Now I just have to find it again when he’s shopping.

Yes, I wanted to sit on cushions; the hard wood ones do not look very comfortable for sitting! But OH! I noticed one tuffet in game was suddenly sit-able yesterday; hadn't been the day before because I had tried it! And the day Homestead was released the Crown store was selling different colored tuffets suddenly - they didn't have those on the PTS at all! So, I hope that was a good sign! That is my favorite couch, especially since it has the matching tuffet. But unsit-able made it unusable for me.

Thanks on the room - that was the first room I did, and I continued to go back to it and spend time - it felt really comfy and nice in there!

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Feb 9 2017, 02:57 AM
Post #94

Ancient
Group Icon

Lol, Mira's Ebony Flask room has nothing but a stool and a tea table in it!

*edit*
Not that kind of stool!

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Feb 9 2017, 03:01 AM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Feb 9 2017, 03:02 AM
Post #95

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2017, 07:49 PM) *

Hazmick - I saw your house last night, that is Awesome! I LOVE the achievement stuff you have there, especially the Hist Tree! That thing is huge, I thought it would completely take over that courtyard, but it fits perfectly in it! And also the ones inside you have - LOVE that stuff!

Thanks! Yeah I was worried the Hist might be too big but it's a perfect size for that corner - managed to fit it in without any clipping through walls.

I've encountered an annoyance today though - the floor of the house isn't level. Took me a few minutes to put a rug down and it still clips through the floor in places. I think I'll have to get some sort of wooden planks and make a proper floor.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 9 2017, 08:24 AM
Post #96

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Feb 8 2017, 09:02 PM) *

QUOTE(mALX @ Feb 8 2017, 07:49 PM) *

Thanks! Yeah I was worried the Hist might be too big but it's a perfect size for that corner - managed to fit it in without any clipping through walls.

I've encountered an annoyance today though - the floor of the house isn't level. Took me a few minutes to put a rug down and it still clips through the floor in places. I think I'll have to get some sort of wooden planks and make a proper floor.

There is a clipping issue with the floor in that ourtyard at the Hunding place too - only noticeable if you are putting a carpet down.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 9 2017, 08:48 AM
Post #97

Ancient
Group Icon

Thanks to Haa-Rei and Buffy, I have a good start on some things I need to get the courtyard going up! Table, chairs/benches - even a nice cart for yard decoration! I can't wait to get it set up!

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 9 2017, 03:26 PM
Post #98

Ancient
Group Icon

** Any visitors to the house might notice some new items!

There is a nice cart set up by the stables, and a new table set up in the courtyard = Thank you Hazmick!!!!

Then as you step inside the house via the front door, you may notice there are now two benches to sit on in the entry hall = Thank you Buffy !!!!

Really awesome surprises, thank you both so much!

I haven't gotten any Master Writs yet; but when I do get them the first thing I'm going to shoot for is getting the standard crafting stations set up in that courtyard (like I had them set up in the screenshots) - or if there is a way to buy them with gold. (I can't afford the thousands per each Crown Store price).

But with those set up, you can instantly (and free) travel from anywhere to the house and do your basic crafting - even travel there from inside dungeons.

(And then in the far distant future I hope to eventually get a target skeleton and start setting up attunable crafting stations there with input from everyone about which).

This post has been edited by mALX: Feb 9 2017, 03:27 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Feb 9 2017, 03:44 PM
Post #99

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Feb 8 2017, 08:57 PM) *

Lol, Mira's Ebony Flask room has nothing but a stool and a tea table in it!

*edit*
Not that kind of stool!

BWAAHAA! Your still doing better than me on that, mine has just a bedroll and some rocks and barrels, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 9 2017, 07:52 PM
Post #100

Councilor
Group Icon

I didn’t realize that you could fast-travel from anywhere to a home for free. I thought you had to go from a Wayshrine or travel to a player who was already there. That adds immense value to homes! Some of them are very handily located.

mALX, Elke stopped by your Stros M’Kai mansion today – it is gorgeous! Private beach!! Yay! I love how you have arranged conversation groups and put the fire pits inside. Very nice!

Elke finally got the keys to her Mara’s Kiss room, which she promptly named “Elke’s Closet.” She is apparently a touch claustrophobic. laugh.gif

Jerric bought a bed for his room at the brothel. Now he is all moved in.

--------------------
+Quote Post

21 Pages V « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 06:18 PM