> Legacy, Book II of the Corruption Trilogy
Zalphon
post Mar 16 2011, 02:15 AM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Prologue
4E 512

I knew they were coming. To them, we were bloodthirsty heretics. “May the Aedra and the Daedra aid us,” I prayed. “We have stood against the Kalinians for five years; give us the strength to survive.”

General Quick-Strike walked into the Courtyard. “Prepare to fight the Kalinians with all your might men,” he shouted. “Some of us will die, but they will be remembered forever when the last priest of Kalian Broodikus is slain!”

We were ready to die on the battle-field. We knew that most, if not all of us would die here. Emperor Gregory Matius had sent a battalion to devastate us here at the Ruins of Chorrol. General J’skooma walked in, “J’skooma knows that the above spirits will aid us.” We jogged to the main gate, ready to die for our faith.

“Leave no survivors,” the black-robed High Inquisitor ordered. “For each survivor I find, there will be ten men executed.” The gates burst open and an army of black chain-mail clad soldiers walked in. The chaos that followed rivaled the day that the Kalinians invaded the Imperial City. We were the last survivors and we were about to become extinct.

The High Inquisitor walked to the center of the battle. The Great Oak Tree that once stood here was gone. He muttered under his breath and then a nova of ebon-colored light burned into each of us. I watched my comrades scream in madness. They started killing each other and themselves while they screamed, “Help me, I’m surrounded!” or “They’re all over me.”

Everything went black when one of the Kalinian Clerics hit me in the back of the head with a mace. I awoke sometime later in a cave. “G-General, is that you?” I asked someone standing over me. “I-I-I failed you.”

The Argonian shook his head, “You didn’t fail me, Kelatar; it was I who failed you and everyone else there.” I could sense the despair in his voice, which was rare for an Argonian and almost never seen in the General.

“Where’s General J’skooma?” I asked inquisitively.

“J’skooma nearly died in the fight, but he’s alive. He’s sleeping. Also, you don’t have to call me General anymore…”

“I see, Gen—Quick-Strike.”

“Ashur, get your rest… In the morning we set for the Skingrad. When we arrive, stay close to me,” Quick-Strike ordered. “I have an old contact there that may be able to help us.”

“Hmm,” I thought. “I hope the General knows what he’s doing.”

This post has been edited by Zalphon: Mar 27 2011, 12:29 AM

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Mar 16 2011, 02:30 AM
Post #2

Paladin
Group Icon

WooHoo! A new story full of Z-lore and set well into the 4th Era.

I'm gonna guess the battle was in Chorrol.

Nice to see QS and J-cat again! Looks like they've got another young pup to train! Gotta go to Skingrad first it seems.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 16 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

GAAAAAAH !!! J'Skooma is a General !!! WOO HOO !!! And finally, Zalphon is BACK !!!!!!!! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about !! WOO HOO !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Petra Arkanian
post Mar 16 2011, 04:00 AM
Post #4

Agent

Hey, that's pretty good! biggrin.gif

I'll be tracking this one.

*J'skooma... chuckle*

--------------------
Idiosyncrasy, my newest story

There is no better disguise for an assassin than riding into the Imperial City on a Unicorn.
+Quote Post
Grits
post Mar 19 2011, 02:15 PM
Post #5

Councilor
Group Icon

J’skooma, Quick-Strike, and Kelatar this time, I think I’m in the right place now! I found Oblivion’s Edge easily when you put the book number there. Emperor Matius, how did that happen? Looking forward to this, Zalphon!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 20 2011, 10:28 AM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 15 2011, 06:15 PM) *

“For each survivor I find, there will be ten men executed.”

Now this is a policy that I don't imagine they advertise on the recruiting poster! biggrin.gif

QUOTE(Petra Arkanian @ Mar 15 2011, 08:00 PM) *

*J'skooma... chuckle*

That's General J'Skooma, Petra! wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Mar 26 2011, 02:39 AM
Post #7

Knower
Group Icon

How do you kill Writer's Block?

--------------------
"You have the same twenty-four hours as me; don't be mad just because you don't use yours like I do." -Tupac Shakur
+Quote Post
mALX
post Mar 26 2011, 03:16 AM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 25 2011, 09:39 PM) *

With a sword that talks and thinks !!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Apr 2 2011, 09:47 PM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Chapter One: The Ranger

I awoke to the sound of silence. The sound of sweet silence was beautiful. I crept out of the Caverns to get some fresh air. A leather-covered hand was placed over my mouth and a dagger to my throat from behind. “You’re brave to come out this far, Kalinian,” a hissing voice whispered. “Why are you here in my territory?”

The hand moved and I whispered, “I’m not a Kalinian. I’m a traveler.”

“I know you’ve been venturing with Kalian’s old companions, but why?” he asked. “Are you a thrall to Quick-Strike and J’skooma?” He was genuinely curious; however his curiosity didn’t mean he’d move his blade.

“I’m traveling with them, because they are—were my officers when the rebellion was strong,” I stated. “Why do you care? I’m simply passing through these parts, Assassin.”

“Adamus Draconis,” Quick-Strike glared. “I thought Kalian killed you.” The Argonian’s eyes were trained on Adamus. Who was Adamus? And why did Quick-Strike venture with Kalian? The blade was released from my neck and I walked towards the General.

“He did,” Adam replied. “Sometime after Zalphon died, I was reborn in Valenwood. When I prayed to the Nine to give me warmth, my prayers went unanswered. I lost my connection to the gods; however I reconnected with nature and learned the Path of the Ranger.”

“You’re a Ranger?” Quick-Strike questioned. “You may wear the clothing and wield the weapons, but nature shies away from vampires. You know this to be true, so why do you claim the title?”

“When I was reborn, I retained the benefits of my curse, but not the consequences,” the Ranger responded. “It is almost as if it was a gift from Molag Bal. I simply heard the call, Old Friend.”

“How did you find us?” I asked inquisitively. “We haven’t left the roads since we left for a cave to sleep in.”

“I was near the Ruined City when the battle went on,” he explained. “I overheard the fighting and watched. When I found you were alive, I made sure that I didn’t lose you.”

“Why?” I asked Adam. “Why am I so special?”

“You’re a member of the Broodikus Bloodline…”

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Apr 2 2011, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Knower
Group Icon

This is just part of Chapter I to tide you guys over smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 2 2011, 10:45 PM
Post #11

Ancient
Group Icon

WOO HOO !!! I'm going to look up that Broodikus Bloodline, I'm sure I've heard of it before! This is starting off very interesting !!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Apr 3 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #12

Paladin
Group Icon

More Zalphon lore. A pup of the Broodikus line to train!

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Apr 5 2011, 02:27 AM
Post #13

Knower
Group Icon

How long until I finish some more...That's the question.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 5 2011, 02:33 AM
Post #14

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Apr 4 2011, 09:27 PM) *

How long until I finish some more...That's the question.

You having a tough year at school? I've never seen you without the time to write Zalphon, Zalphon !!!

This post has been edited by mALX: Apr 5 2011, 02:34 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Zalphon
post Apr 6 2011, 12:29 AM
Post #15

Knower
Group Icon

Going into AP classes next year. AP English and AP History. And my English Teacher hates me (like would like to see me crucified outside the school, literally... Because she said do a highly...gah, what's that word that means argueable? Oh well, I did Christianity and she turned red as an apple and hates me since).

Also, I'm working hard to bring my GPA up so I can get into Brown.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Apr 6 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #16

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Mar 25 2011, 09:39 PM) *

I think it has to do with an uncluttered mind. Hang in there, Zalphon!

This post has been edited by Grits: Apr 6 2011, 12:50 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Apr 6 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #17

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Zalphon @ Apr 5 2011, 07:29 PM) *

Going into AP classes next year. AP English and AP History. And my English Teacher hates me (like would like to see me crucified outside the school, literally... Because she said do a highly...gah, what's that word that means argueable? Oh well, I did Christianity and she turned red as an apple and hates me since).

Also, I'm working hard to bring my GPA up so I can get into Brown.

You picked something controversial all right, lol. Bless your heart !!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:45 AM