Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Scroll, the Priest and the Angry Imperial, Formerly known as, 'Dawn of a New Era'
redsrock
post Apr 13 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #1

Knower
Group Icon

Author's Note

My new fan-fic focuses on the 'new' Count of Skingrad, and the 'new' Cyrodiil. This story takes place three years after the Oblivion Crisis, and the story simply tells the Count's adventures, mishaps, etc. The first chapter is more of a 'telling' chapter, rather than a 'doing' chapter. It might seem boring, but I assure you, it has to be this way. I have to lay down all the ground work so that you don't get confused down the road. Trust me; there will be plenty of action in this fic. That is what has been lacking in my other tales.

Feel free to ask any questions about what's going on, I'd be glad to answer them for you. And of course I'd appreciate some feed back as well. tongue.gif

The Scroll, the Priest and the Angry Imperial

PROLOGUE

When the Gates of Oblivion were finally closed, and once Mehrunes Dagon and the Mythic Dawn were eliminated from existence, the province of Cyrodiil was still left with an enormous problem. They were without an Emperor, and without an Emperor Cyrodiil went into an immediate mode of panic.

Ever since the Oblivion Crisis, the cities of Cyrodiil have had to fend for themselves, resulting in several alliances. The territories of Cyrodiil have changed, and the map at the bottom explains everything.

As of now there are four regions spread out through Tamriel. These regions are simply classified as North, South, East and West. VERY simple, yes, but what's the point of making fancy names? Nobody cares anyway.

The North region, as you can see from the map, consists of Bruma and Chorrol. Essentially the entire area of the Jerall Mountains is under Northern control, and that in its self would make them a formidable foe if war were to break out. (Thankfully that has yet to happen) The leaders of the North are Countesses Arriana Valga (of Chorrol) and Narina Carvain (of Bruma). Both are skillful leaders in their own right, and Lady Carvain is a shrewd and tactful negotiator. As of now the Northerners are fairly quiet, and for the most part keep to themselves.

The East region consists of Cheydinhal and the Imperial City. The leaders are Count Andel Indarys (of Cheydinhal), and High Commander Adamus Hieronymus Lex (of Imperial City). Lex took over as leader of the Legion once the Chancellor Ocato was assassinated by an unknown assailant. It is rumored that Lex had something to do with the killing, but nothing is factual. After Ocato's death the Council got scared and decided to let Cyrodiil fend for itself as a whole. Yes, that does sound a bit absurd, but that is what has resulted.

Count Indarys lets Lex do most of the talking, though it is also rumored that Indarys wishes to employ a more Dunmerian influence within the Eastern leadership. It is highly unlikely for Lex to agree with that. Whatever is left of the Legion lies in the Eastern region. Though their area is the second smallest, they hold all advantages in terms of military because of their massive army-size.

You see, once Lex was formally named leader of the Legion (though of course he did this himself oddly enough, no doubt with a swift and iron first) he recalled all Legion troops from foreign lands. Now Morrowind stands Imperial-less, and Helseth is now the main-man over there, battling his way through the angry Ashlander tribes of course.

The Easterners are very active, fighting with the Southerners for area control. Also, the troops of Cheydinhal are currently dealing with some rebels in the northeast. As of now they have not bothered the North and West, but it is inevitable that something will happen sooner or later.

The South region includes the cities, Leyawiin and Bravil. Leaders of the region are Counts Marius Caro (of Leyawiin), and Regulus Terentius. The two leaders are power hungry, plain and simple. It is almost safe to say that the South and East are the 'bad guys' of Cyrodiil, but if one had to be chosen as the 'good guys' it would probably be the South. The East wants power all to them selves, and they pose the greatest threat. Either way the two forces are equally dangerous.

And last but not least is the West, which includes Anvil and Skingrad. The leaders of the West are Countess Millona Umbranox (of Anvil), and myself, Count Louis Vero (of Skingrad). There's no doubt in my mind you're wondering where Janus Hassildor is, correct? Well, I'll tell you.

The former Skingrad Count stepped down shortly after the Oblivion Crisis, one year to be exact. Nobody knows the true reason for his departure, but I have my own theory. Count Hassildor was a vampire, though not many knew this. I myself knew because I was a personal diplomat for the former Count of Skingrad. Somehow a few others found out about his dirty secret, and in my eyes Janus felt the need to leave before a riot started. Either way it doesn't matter, I (along with my lovely wife), am the present and future of Skingrad.

Like the Northerners, we Westerners like to keep to ourselves and not cause a ruckus. Out of all the major cities in Cyrodiil I'd say Skingrad is the most prosperous. Many merchants come to my city simply for the fact that I will let just about anyone open shop, as long as their items aren't illegal of course. I don't want a city full of skooma and moon-sugar addicts, mind you.

And now, as I stand here on my balcony with the cool, evening wind blowing in my face, I can only feel lucky to be in the position I am now. Skingrad has been lucky to have had a peaceful atmosphere for the past few years, and that of course has made my transition to Count smooth as well. However, something tells me that the peace will not last much longer. I don't know why, but I have a very bad feeling something major is going to happen. I just wish I knew what it was.

http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll18/re...nt=Cyrodiil.jpg

This post has been edited by redsrock: Apr 20 2008, 02:35 PM

--------------------
*Hey everyone, TES Fiction is looking to revamp its very talented group of writers. So, if you love to write (TES or non-TES), come on over! Whether its stories, poems, song lyrics, etc, it doesn't matter!*
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
redsrock   The Scroll, the Priest and the Angry Imperial   Apr 13 2008, 10:02 PM
Lord Veneficus   Hey Red, isn't it the new count of Kvatch?   Apr 13 2008, 10:03 PM
redsrock   Hey Red, isn't it the new count of Kvatch? N...   Apr 13 2008, 10:06 PM
Lord Veneficus   I mean like are you talking about the new count of...   Apr 13 2008, 10:08 PM
redsrock   I mean like are you talking about the new count o...   Apr 13 2008, 10:10 PM
Lord Veneficus   I mean like are you talking about the new count o...   Apr 13 2008, 10:16 PM
redsrock   I mean like are you talking about the new count ...   Apr 13 2008, 10:17 PM
BSD-IES   The leaders of the West are Countess Millona Umbr...   Apr 13 2008, 10:12 PM
redsrock   Lol, yep, there you go.   Apr 13 2008, 10:13 PM
Lord Veneficus   Oh, sorry. Btw, I look forward to reading more of ...   Apr 13 2008, 10:20 PM
redsrock   Good, I hope this story gets more attentiont than ...   Apr 13 2008, 10:46 PM
Steve   Hmm, this does sound interesting. I personally lov...   Apr 14 2008, 04:06 AM
redsrock   Great, I'm VERY glad to hear that. And yes it ...   Apr 14 2008, 04:15 AM
Sphinx   Many people wonder what fate awaits the whole cont...   Apr 14 2008, 09:52 AM
redsrock   A lot of what say makes sense, but that is simpy y...   Apr 14 2008, 02:09 PM
redsrock   CHAPTER ONE "Come on, sweetie, come back to ...   Apr 14 2008, 03:50 PM
redsrock   CHAPTER TWO The closer we got to the Imperial Ci...   Apr 15 2008, 08:59 PM
redsrock   Any comments or suggestions?   Apr 16 2008, 03:03 PM
Steve   Great Lord Almighty!!! This story I li...   Apr 16 2008, 10:28 PM
redsrock   Thanks, and of course I take it as a comment.   Apr 16 2008, 11:24 PM
Steve   Indeed! What I like about this one is that it ...   Apr 17 2008, 01:35 AM
redsrock   But I'm looking forward for any continuation....   Apr 17 2008, 01:48 AM
Steve   Sorry! I'm meant looking forward to a cont...   Apr 17 2008, 02:19 AM
redsrock   Haha, there you go!   Apr 17 2008, 02:30 AM
redsrock   CHAPTER THREE “So he actually said all of that st...   Apr 18 2008, 03:42 PM
Steve   Ahh! Things are just happening perfectly! ...   Apr 19 2008, 02:01 AM
redsrock   Thanks, Steve. I'm hoping to get the next chap...   Apr 19 2008, 02:46 AM
redsrock   A LOT of dialogue in this chapter, but I swear, af...   Apr 20 2008, 06:59 AM
minque   By all nine Divines! You done it again redsie...   Apr 20 2008, 12:52 PM
redsrock   By all nine Divines! You done it again redsie...   Apr 20 2008, 02:23 PM
minque   Heh...well I'll just keep posting...one of the...   Apr 20 2008, 03:06 PM
Steve   Really nice addition! Your writing is so good ...   Apr 20 2008, 10:58 PM
redsrock   Really nice addition! Your writing is so good...   Apr 21 2008, 02:17 AM
redsrock   CHAPTER FIVE Ten minutes later I found myself s...   Apr 23 2008, 11:29 PM
Steve   The plot thickens.... Oh! It's so wonderfu...   Apr 24 2008, 12:36 AM
redsrock   :P Don't worry, now things will pick up...   Apr 24 2008, 12:49 AM
redsrock   Short, but to the point. CHAPTER SIX “We need ...   Apr 26 2008, 01:36 AM
redsrock   CHAPTER SEVEN “Well, I just don’t agree with he...   Apr 27 2008, 02:52 PM
BSD-IES   Yikes, taken me a while to catch up with this one ...   Apr 27 2008, 04:19 PM
redsrock   Thanks, BSD. And dont' worry, take you time.   Apr 27 2008, 04:34 PM
redsrock   CHAPTER EIGHT I went straight to bed as soon as...   Apr 27 2008, 11:56 PM
redsrock   CHAPTER NINE “Wake up….wake up, Louis!” S...   May 1 2008, 10:40 PM
Steve   Oh, this added a change to the story! What hap...   May 3 2008, 08:21 PM
cliff-blade104   when u sed it takes place after the oblivion crisi...   Nov 18 2008, 03:45 AM
redsrock   I was talking about the normal one. But I wouldn...   Nov 18 2008, 03:54 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:20 AM