Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout 4 DLC Discussion, Start your engines!
Destri Melarg
post Feb 17 2016, 01:12 AM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

Here we go!

Make sure to get your season passes before they go up March 1st!

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Feb 17 2016, 01:16 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2016, 02:08 AM
Post #2

Ancient
Group Icon

Live Deathclaw fights! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Is that a motorcycle in the second pic? That would be awesome! I tried a couple of motorcycle mods for FO3, and none of them worked very well.

One look at that boat makes me wonder if it is named The Orca, and if there are going to be sharks...

I love the art design on the DLC cover pics at the bottom! Especially the Call of Cthulhu themed last one!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 17 2016, 03:34 AM
Post #3

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 16 2016, 05:08 PM) *

Live Deathclaw fights! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

Is that a motorcycle in the second pic? That would be awesome! I tried a couple of motorcycle mods for FO3, and none of them worked very well.

One look at that boat makes me wonder if it is named The Orca, and if there are going to be sharks...

I love the art design on the DLC cover pics at the bottom! Especially the Call of Cthulhu themed last one!

- Yeah, I have a feeling there will be some Behemoth Marcy v. Deathclaw matches in my future! tongue.gif

- I think that might be a modded Sentry Bot in the second shot. Crafting your own robot companion (complete with different voice options) sounds very cool! Too bad we still only get the default male/female voice for the player character.

- Wow, I just finished watching Jaws two nights ago!

- Don't forget the name... 'Far Harbor'... can anyone say 'Point Lookout 2.0?'

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Feb 17 2016, 03:36 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 17 2016, 03:57 AM
Post #4

Ancient
Group Icon

The thing about a Deathclaw is he's got lifeless eyes... Like a doll's eyes...

I wonder if the lightning chaingun shoots lightning chains?

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 17 2016, 03:59 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Feb 21 2016, 02:18 AM
Post #5

Knower
Group Icon

Thanks Destri!

I have been holding off on the season pass until I see what they have got planned. Sounds interesting enough and I might just have to grab one before March 1.

Disappointed a little with the start of the dlc handouts. It seems like they have been holding off the creation kit just so they can grab a little bit more cash before the new mods start landing. Robots and cage fighting does sound really cool though, so we shall see.

Point Lookout 2.0 will be fantastic.

Interested in the new survival mode too.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Elisabeth Hollow
post Feb 25 2016, 02:36 AM
Post #6

Ancient
Group Icon

I'm not buying any DLC unless I can bang Nick Valentine.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 25 2016, 08:39 AM
Post #7

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 16 2016, 06:57 PM) *

I wonder if the lightning chaingun shoots lightning chains?

Maybe it just shoots chains really, really fast!

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Feb 20 2016, 05:18 PM) *

I have been holding off on the season pass until I see what they have got planned. Sounds interesting enough and I might just have to grab one before March 1.

This is the first time I've bought a season pass. Usually I just wait for the 'Game of the Year' edition.

I agree with you on the timing of the DLC vs. the release of the creation kit. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Bethesda waits until E3 to give us more info on when the console creation kits are going to be released.

QUOTE(Elisabeth Hollow @ Feb 24 2016, 05:36 PM) *

I'm not buying any DLC unless I can bang Nick Valentine.

rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 25 2016, 04:36 PM
Post #8

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 25 2016, 02:39 AM) *

This is the first time I've bought a season pass. Usually I just wait for the 'Game of the Year' edition.

My plan with FO4 is to wait for the inevitable GOTY edition with all the DLCs (and the last of the game patches). Which reminds me, has Bethesda released a game patch that made Deathclaws fly backwards yet? wink.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Feb 27 2016, 12:32 AM
Post #9

Knower
Group Icon

Wow, just imagine how many mods will be up on Nexus by the time you start. GOTY comes out, what, 2 years after the vanilla game?

I hope you are keeping one eye peeled on those mods. Otherwise you could be there for a year just scrolling. biggrin.gif

Don't remind me of those backward dragons......that was almost as bad as the spinning head on Doc Mitchell.

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2016, 07:08 AM
Post #10

Ancient
Group Icon

The FO3 Goty was out 12 months after the game's initial release. Skyrim's was out 18 months.

I think FO4's Goty will be out in November of this year, given the aggressive release dates they are announcing for its DLCs. The first is in March, and the next two following a month apart. So that's about 6 months from initial release to final DLC. That gives them 6 more months to slap it all into a GOTY edition for the Christmas 2016 rush.

Skyrim came out in November of 2011, and its first DLC wasn't out on the PC until August of 2012, so that's like 10 months right there. Bethesda really dragged their feet on Skyrim. Probably all that time spent getting the dragons to fly backwards... In contrast FO3 had released the last of its 5 DLCs in the exact same time frame, and got the GOTY out just a few months later.

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 28 2016, 07:10 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 28 2016, 09:56 AM
Post #11

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 27 2016, 10:08 PM) *

I think FO4's Goty will be out in November of this year, given the aggressive release dates they are announcing for its DLCs. The first is in March, and the next two following a month apart. So that's about 6 months from initial release to final DLC. That gives them 6 more months to slap it all into a GOTY edition for the Christmas 2016 rush.

From what I understand Far Harbor isn't the last planned DLC. Bethesda has repeatedly stated that they plan to release "new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016." They haven't said how much more specifically, but they have said that they believe the extra content (whatever it turns out to be) is worth "$60 at least." I presume that was why they felt justified in raising the price of the season pass to more than the three announced DLCs were worth. They have already scheduled their second ever press conference for E3 this year. I expect we'll learn more about Doom, Dishonored 2 and further Fallout 4 DLC and console mods at that time. There's no real compelling reason to come out and announce anything else before that.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Feb 28 2016, 11:02 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

It will be interesting to see what time frame they are looking at. Perhaps they are indeed speeding things up now. Get everything done by the end of 2016, release the final patch and get the GOTY out.

They are juggling a lot on their plate at the moment. Mods on console will take another small team on the side to make it happen. But opening that new studio is bound to help.

Beth is at a point now where they should have two distinct groups working on each game, completely separate from each other. For those who dislike Fallout it is a long wait until the next ES.

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Feb 28 2016, 11:03 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Feb 28 2016, 05:23 PM
Post #13

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 28 2016, 03:56 AM) *

From what I understand Far Harbor isn't the last planned DLC. Bethesda has repeatedly stated that they plan to release "new Fallout adventures and features throughout 2016." They haven't said how much more specifically, but they have said that they believe the extra content (whatever it turns out to be) is worth "$60 at least." I presume that was why they felt justified in raising the price of the season pass to more than the three announced DLCs were worth. They have already scheduled their second ever press conference for E3 this year. I expect we'll learn more about Doom, Dishonored 2 and further Fallout 4 DLC and console mods at that time. There's no real compelling reason to come out and announce anything else before that.

That's right, there will be more dlc. I didn't bother doing the math. There should be about $20 more of it after the three they announced in that article. So maybe another medium one for $15, and another small one for $5. I am still hoping for a November or December goty/legendary/radioactive edition though. The Christmas season is big for game sales, and Bethesda loves to release things that time of year. In the meantime I am still having lots of fun with Holland Smith in FO3, want to get back to Hecate in NV, and still need to go back to Pillars of Eternity at some time for the White March Part II (better known at the Oscars in some places... wink.gif )

This post has been edited by SubRosa: Feb 28 2016, 05:28 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Feb 28 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #14

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Winter Wolf @ Feb 28 2016, 02:02 AM) *

It will be interesting to see what time frame they are looking at. Perhaps they are indeed speeding things up now. Get everything done by the end of 2016, release the final patch and get the GOTY out.

They are juggling a lot on their plate at the moment. Mods on console will take another small team on the side to make it happen. But opening that new studio is bound to help.

Beth is at a point now where they should have two distinct groups working on each game, completely separate from each other. For those who dislike Fallout it is a long wait until the next ES.

I hope they don't try to rush. This need to hit target release dates results in us having game patches to fix the most mundane problems. Better to get it right than to get it fast imho.

QUOTE(SubRosa @ Feb 28 2016, 08:23 AM) *

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 28 2016, 03:56 AM) *

That's right, there will be more dlc. I didn't bother doing the math. There should be about $20 more of it after the three they announced in that article. So maybe another medium one for $15, and another small one for $5. I am still hoping for a November or December goty/legendary/radioactive edition though. The Christmas season is big for game sales, and Bethesda loves to release things that time of year. In the meantime I am still having lots of fun with Holland Smith in FO3, want to get back to Hecate in NV, and still need to go back to Pillars of Eternity at some time for the White March Part II (better known at the Oscars in some places... wink.gif )

😃 TLLM is obsessed with the red carpet but I have no interest in tonight's festivities (and not because Will & Jada want me to boycott). I plan to spend my evening building a clinic at Starlight Drive-in.

This post has been edited by Destri Melarg: Feb 28 2016, 10:42 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Feb 29 2016, 12:08 AM
Post #15

Councilor
Group Icon

Season Pass acquired. Thanks for the reminder! smile.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Winter Wolf
post Feb 29 2016, 10:03 AM
Post #16

Knower
Group Icon

QUOTE(Destri Melarg @ Feb 28 2016, 10:41 PM) *

TLLM is obsessed with the red carpet but I have no interest in tonight's festivities (and not because Will & Jada want me to boycott). I plan to spend my evening building a clinic at Starlight Drive-in.

Ha! Fantastic. This is what I love most about gaming. Pure escapism!

Good luck with that settlement. Six hours can blink in an eye when you get into it.

I am playing Far Cry 3 at the moment. Man the islands are fun. There are little caves and ruins everywhere. Hundreds of relics and loot chests to find. The RL- it just disappears. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Winter Wolf: Feb 29 2016, 10:04 AM

--------------------
Games I am playing-
Dead Island
Fallout NV/Fallout 4
+Quote Post
Destri Melarg
post Mar 1 2016, 07:58 PM
Post #17

Mouth
Group Icon

Todd Howard discusses a number of subjects with Gameinformer, including the release of console mods. The interview can be found here. The gist, for those who don't want to read the whole thing, is that mods for the Xbox 1 will be out in May with the PS4 following in June. Hope this schedule holds up!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 15 2016, 12:01 AM
Post #18

Mouth
Group Icon

Here is the trailer for the Automatron DLC, set to be released on the 22nd of March. For those who don't have the season pass, it will apparently cost $10.

If that first link didn't work, try this one.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 15 2016, 12:23 AM
Post #19

Ancient
Group Icon

It's a new Mechwarrior game! biggrin.gif

I still love the whole Pulp fiction feel they are going with.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Mar 26 2016, 01:47 PM
Post #20

Mouth
Group Icon

This seems like the best place to drop some of my thoughts on Automatron, which I played through last night.

It's definitely more of a DLC than an expansion, and takes place almost entirely in existing locations (with the last part of the mission adding a new area which looks as if it's a settlement too.) It also has a ton of lore about Robobrains and their creation.

I'll avoid spoilers, but the idea here is that you receive a distress signal from a caravan who are under attack from strange robots. The robots are under the control of The Mechanist and you decide that someone needs to put a stop to them. Pretty simple, lots of shooting.

The robot building is the main draw here of course. You'll receive the blueprints for a robot crafting device when you rescue the caravan, and can build this device (which is essentially a crafting bench) in any settlement. You pick up robot parts from defeated robots to unlock them in the crafting mode, but you get all of the blueprints once you complete the DLC.

Crafting allows you to pretty much go crazy with it - it uses the parts of Protectrons, Assaultrons, Sentry bots, Mister Handys, Robobrains and all of their various variants. There are a ton of new parts too, both official RobCo style stuff and terrifying Raider style stuff from a new raider gang which the DLC adds.

You can craft brand new bots or completely upgrade existing ones such as Curie or Codsworth. Existing bots will retain their personality no matter how drastically you change them (Codsworth will still be Codsworth if you make him into a sentry bot, for example). You can edit or upgrade any robot at any time as long as they are in the vicinity of the crafting thing.

Newly created bots will patrol your settlement as soon as they're built, and can also act as followers. You can send them to other settlements too, so it is entirely possible to have robot guards spread across your empire.

Overall, it's a little shorter than I was hoping, but the new mechanics that it adds are really cool.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:42 PM