Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Dragon's Dogma
Fawkes
post Apr 26 2012, 09:54 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

So, I just tried the demo and...just wow, the animations are fluid, you can customize so many things of your character, while the demo was really short, I played the Gryphon fight over twenty times tongue.gif, it's just fun!

I been reading around, it's basically a open world game, and you can actually continue playing after you beat the game! So that's a HUGE plus for me. You command "pawns" and they are your helpers during the game, 3 simple commands, "Help, Go, and come", You don't need anymore commands, I hardly used them but the AI is REALLY good, you have 3 pawns with you, and one of them is your main pawn, who you are allowed to customize as much as the main guy, the main pawn will of course be with you thought the game.
You can grapple onto enemies, I managed to grab on the Gryphon and hop on it's back, managed to pull a few light attacks on it!
The carry weight of the main character actually depends on the weight and size that you chose during character customization, I think it can improve as you level up, but don't quote me on that.

The only thing that I hate about it, is the fact that the demo is REALLY short, you can customize your main character and main pawn, do part of the prologue quest, and do a random side quest.

Npc's have a 24 hour schedule, of course it gets really dangerous at night but you can only find certain items during the night.

They went in a old style rpg for the inventory, it almost looks exactly the Oblivion's.

I don't know, it just feels like they gotten ideas from other games, being a capcom game it feels like Monster Hunter, with a hint of Dark Souls, mixed in with Skyrim, and a tad of Dragon age.
From what I noticed in the demo, the combat is not that hard, but it's really smooth, the bow is just...perfect

I'm still reading up, and I keep getting more and more exited tongue.gif, I don't always buy first day, but I think this game deserves it! biggrin.gif
Also romances are confirmed tongue.gif, as well as Same sex romances.

This post has been edited by Fawkes: Apr 26 2012, 09:58 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies
Fawkes
post May 4 2012, 12:10 AM
Post #2

Finder
Group Icon

You know when you get off the carriage at the start of the game?
Well in my game, they just sit there in the carriage! Reformatted my PS3, deleted game/patch data so many times, nothing helped D:

Also;
http://i.imgur.com/V0Vhe.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/V0Vhe.jpg

Basically you are not forced to do the main story, it's up to you to pursue it biggrin.gif

Quick edit, if you were to walk from one end of the land to the other end it will take you 2-3 hours, that's not counting exploring every single bit, just walking straight from one side to the other biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Fawkes: May 4 2012, 08:59 AM

--------------------
Jericho the "hero"

"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Fawkes   Dragon's Dogma   Apr 26 2012, 09:54 AM
Acadian   Thanks for the review! I started to look into...   Apr 26 2012, 12:34 PM
McBadgere   You never know...The way it's set up for shari...   Apr 26 2012, 12:58 PM
Fawkes   You don't have to interact with the outside wo...   Apr 27 2012, 12:20 AM
McBadgere   Oh right... :D ... The wife created a character l...   Apr 27 2012, 04:17 AM
Fawkes   Oh right... :D ... The wife created a character ...   Apr 27 2012, 04:36 AM
McBadgere   Well, I had a go at dinner... Yes, I likee!...   Apr 27 2012, 07:25 PM
Fawkes   Ohh it's just a demo thing! At the start o...   Apr 28 2012, 03:04 AM
McBadgere   MEEP!!...*Does dance of joy*... :D ... My...   Apr 28 2012, 04:21 AM
Fawkes   Multiversing yay! Sometimes I do reuse some of...   Apr 28 2012, 06:34 AM
McBadgere   Stop it!!... :D ... After I did the initi...   Apr 28 2012, 09:41 AM
Kiln   This game is very difficult but also lots of fun. ...   Feb 26 2013, 03:38 AM
McBadgere   I keep considering this...Maybe when it's chea...   Feb 26 2013, 02:04 PM
Kiln   I keep considering this...Maybe when it's che...   Feb 26 2013, 10:14 PM
Destri Melarg   I keep considering this...Maybe when it's ch...   Feb 27 2013, 02:31 AM
Kiln   [quote name='Kiln' post='155108' date='Feb 26 201...   Feb 27 2013, 03:41 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   Hubster played a demo of it. He said he wouldn...   Feb 27 2013, 04:33 AM
McBadgere   Yeah, we did too...I think the boy drove his siste...   Feb 27 2013, 04:46 AM
Elisabeth Hollow   Teeheehee...behinded... I know what THAT MEANS...   Feb 27 2013, 05:04 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:15 PM