Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Dreams, dreams we've had inspired by videogames :lol:
Lena Wolf
post Jul 13 2021, 10:44 AM
Post #381

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 13 2021, 10:21 AM) *

I'd be happy to have such elaborate TES dreams instead of the usual crap I get tongue.gif

Have a word with Vaermina. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"What is life's greatest illusion?"
"Innocence, my brother."

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 13 2021, 10:54 AM
Post #382

Spam Meister
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lena Wolf @ Jul 13 2021, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 13 2021, 10:21 AM) *

I'd be happy to have such elaborate TES dreams instead of the usual crap I get tongue.gif

Have a word with Vaermina. biggrin.gif

Considering all the DOOM 3 dreams I get, she's probably already involved rollinglaugh.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 13 2021, 12:46 PM
Post #383

Councilor
Group Icon

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 13 2021, 05:21 AM) *

rollinglaugh.gif

Well, we're all hoping someday you'll have something more involved than yet another DOOM 3 tryst full of vague monsters. panic.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mirocu
post Jul 18 2021, 02:19 PM
Post #384

Spam Meister
Group Icon

Well, I actually had a TES dream a couple nights ago! ohmy.gif

I saw it first person and I guess I was Lothran. I went from The Fringe and through the gates into Sheogorath's realm. Didn't go far though, pretty much turned around immediately and went back. Dream ended before I got all the way back to The Fringe.

Short dream but I liked it! biggrin.gif

--------------------
Lol bird

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 18 2021, 03:45 PM
Post #385

Mouth
Group Icon

So, the bones call to you too! biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 18 2021, 05:17 PM
Post #386

Councilor
Group Icon

Ha ha, true Lena!

mirocu, this is progress. cake.gif I am really happy you finally had an Oblivion dream, and you actually remember it, too. sleep.gif Because gaming dreams can be really special, right?

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 18 2021, 10:06 PM
Post #387

Mouth
Group Icon

I've been dreaming of rain yesterday (it's been scorching here for several days already). Warm rain in Bravil... I'm home sick. sad.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Adella
post Jul 19 2021, 11:58 PM
Post #388

Evoker

QUOTE(mirocu @ Jul 18 2021, 02:19 PM) *

Well, I actually had a TES dream a couple nights ago! ohmy.gif

I saw it first person and I guess I was Lothran. I went from The Fringe and through the gates into Sheogorath's realm. Didn't go far though, pretty much turned around immediately and went back. Dream ended before I got all the way back to The Fringe.

Short dream but I liked it! biggrin.gif

Why not research (You Tube) how to cultivate Lucid Dreaming. Once successful, you’ll be able to choose your dream and modify it from within as it unfolds.

I have only had three such dreams in my life, but so vivid one never forgets hmmm.

A.
+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 21 2021, 02:23 AM
Post #389

Councilor
Group Icon

I've had about a hundred lucid dreams in my life. sleep.gif Adella you are right, each one is always special in some way. Because that "world" we are in when we are physically asleep is more pliable, with less restrictions. And so the idea usually becomes: Let's see what we can do, here! For me, it's always something I can't, or won't do in real-life. Like break something, or walk through walls, or fly.

Or even just talk to whoever's around. The amazing thing about lucid dreams is that if you find someone you can talk with, they always have a name, and some sort of life. And so then I think 'wait, is this person real, somewhere on Earth?' blink.gif

I'll just share my very first one, which I had back when I was 25 or so. The most memorable thing about it is that it was so ordinary.

I was on a playground, at the middle school I went to as a child. The grass was green, and all the playground equipment (merry-go-round, slide, etc.) was blue. The sky was clear. The sun was out. The air was VERY fresh. At the time, I was living in Los Angeles, so breathing fresh, non-polluted air was something I was craving. indifferent.gif So when I became lucid, I was really amazed at the air quality in this "world" I was in. I stood there, breathing deeply. Walking around a little....

And that was it! That was the entire dream! Nothing happened, really, and nobody was around. But just the fact that I knew it was a dream, and my physical self was sleeping somewhere... I did not want to wake up. sleep.gif

This post has been edited by Renee: Jul 21 2021, 02:30 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 21 2021, 08:57 AM
Post #390

Mouth
Group Icon

My dreams are always lucid. I have been suffering from nightmares from before I can remember myself (younger than 3 years old). My grandmother taught me how to know a dream from reality and how to wake up if I don't like the dream. By the time I was 4, I could wake up at will. It took a lot longer to learn to modify the dreams "from inside", but by now it's what I do all the time... Practice makes perfect. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Jul 22 2021, 01:00 AM
Post #391

Councilor
Group Icon

Sorry to hear that you suffer from nightmares.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Jul 22 2021, 07:31 AM
Post #392

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Renee @ Jul 22 2021, 01:00 AM) *

Sorry to hear that you suffer from nightmares.

Oh - not any more! Not since I learned to deal with them by modifying the dream from within. biggrin.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 14 2021, 02:39 PM
Post #393

Councilor
Group Icon

I had a dream with Lopov in it last night. sleep.gif It was very long, and most of this dream was not gaming-related, so it's amazing I remember the one gaming part.

I was in Lopov's version of Skyrim. So basically, we were in Skyrim, but it had mods added which aren't in my version. We were in a part of Skyrim which was heavily wooded. And it was getting dark. emot-ninja1.gif

Not much happened. I was in the dream, and Lopov was to my right. I never actually saw him, but he was standing next to me. We spoke to each other ... "I am in your Skyrim!" or whatever I blabbed.

In front of us was an entire village, built into the forest. So... there were houses and shops and cottages, but instead of being out in the open (as per Dawnstar or Morthal) they had been built into the forest. Which was sort of incredible. If I had the time, I'd build my own little village, and put it within a bunch of trees. There were a lot of people walking about. I could tell they were gaily colored in Renaissance clothes, but it was too dark to see their colors.

Everything was peaceful. Then, I spotted a red dragon, flying high in the distance. It kept flying in circles. indifferent.gif Even though it was getting dark, where the dragon flew daylight was still plain, since it was high in the air it was still getting struck by sunlight. At first I was scared, but then I thought 'Wait, it's too far away!'

It was in another cell basically, I thought there's no way it's going to invade our little village. So we were safe.

santa.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
Lopov
post Dec 14 2021, 02:58 PM
Post #394

Master
Group Icon

So basically, we were in Skyrim, but it had mods added which aren't in my version.

That's because you play basic Skyrim and I play the Special / Anniversary Edition. bigsmile.gif

--------------------
"I saw a politician the other day."
"Horrible creatures - I avoid them whenever I can."
+Quote Post
Lena Wolf
post Dec 14 2021, 03:32 PM
Post #395

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(Lopov @ Dec 14 2021, 01:58 PM) *

So basically, we were in Skyrim, but it had mods added which aren't in my version.

That's because you play basic Skyrim and I play the Special / Anniversary Edition. bigsmile.gif

You mean the one where everyone decides to kill you? ohmy.gif

--------------------
"Innocence, my brother."

+Quote Post
Renee
post Dec 16 2021, 02:11 PM
Post #396

Councilor
Group Icon

Fortunately nobody tried to kill me. smile.gif But yah, even in my dreams there are the possibility of mods.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Mar 22 2022, 01:19 PM
Post #397

Councilor
Group Icon

Last night my Talon Company character Janet saved my life. Janet is a character I haven't been with since 2017, her story ended in fact. But for some reason she was with me as I dreamed. sleep.gif

She was moving through the Capital Wasteland, but the thing is, I was with her too. It wasn't like I was sitting on my bed gaming, and she was on my TV, NO, both of us were together. We saw an explosion several dozen yards away; obviously there was some sort of battle going on.

So we both hid behind a bush. But it didn't matter. Right away, there was some baddie right there coming to get us! panic.gif He was rather large, but not a super mutant. He looked sort of like one of New Vegas's Khans, except maybe twice as big.

Janet and I ran. I was sort in control at this point, so I was looking for some place we could hide. There were a bunch of low houses nearby, but all of them had boarded-up doors. Arrgh! The sun was coming up in the sky, it was morning in the dream.

Finally there was a pile of rubble which I managed to jump upon, and Janet did as well. The "khan" could not follow. But at that moment Janet broke out her gun and defended us both. Took care of the monster, just like that. And I woke up in a cold sweat. whistling.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
macole
post Mar 22 2022, 06:01 PM
Post #398

Mouth
Group Icon

Thank goodness it was just a dream and that Janet was there.

--------------------
Vampire Hunter,
Endure and through enduring grow strong.
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Mar 22 2022, 07:17 PM
Post #399

Ancient
Group Icon

"Talon Company!"

That is an interesting dream. Good thing Janet was there!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Renee
post Nov 8 2022, 04:24 AM
Post #400

Councilor
Group Icon

I was playing Skyrim and had a male character in this dream, but I don't know who it was. Not Lord Haaf-Mersey, not Sir Vyvoor, and so on. He was walking over some sort of rampart made of stone. Since this was Skyrim, the air, the landscape, the sky were all gray.

At some point, a second person joined my character, however somehow I knew this was a PC, not an NPC. It was Lopov's character! Hug_emoticon.gif Another male, but again, I don't know which character name.

Both of us were playing co-op. We rounded a corner, then found ourselves stuck on the side of some dwelling, way high up! Both of us were suddenly grabbing the side of this dwelling, our feet hundreds of meters above the ground! This seemed even higher than High Hrothgar.

Lopov's character fell from this precipice! ohmy.gif As per the way dreams work it was a really dramatic moment. sad.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

22 Pages V « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:26 PM