213 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Today In Tamriel, ESO Character Updates and Stories
hazmick
post Jun 21 2015, 11:13 AM
Post #21

Mouth
Group Icon

So lots has happened to Haa-Rei, but in the interest of spoilers I can't talk about any of it tongue.gif The main thing is that we're in Coldharbour again, but this time it's an open world section rather than a solo instance. There's a pretty big map, with a city in the middle. As you rescue people from the local area they move into the city so it gradually comes to life. Loads of fun, and not many other players too. Creatures 'round here are level 45-50 so it's very quiet. I can travel back and forth from here and Tamriel too.

We also went back to Cyrodiil, to Bruma. Unfortunately there's a big old Dark Anchor on top of the city so there was lots of fighting. Thankfully it was only Ebonheart players there so we didn't have to fight other players as well as the daedra.

Found the Breton crafting book too, which means Haa-Rei nearly has all the standard race styles laugh.gif

I know what you mean about dual-wielding mALX. We briefly teamed up with another guy to clear a dungeon and his dual daggers were just tearing through the enemies. I managed to keep up since me and my summoned creatures can do some damage too, but melee skills all look really solid.

As for injuring other players, don't worry. You can only harm other people when you're in Cyrodiil and even then there's no friendly fire. You're safe to wave your weapons around like a lunatic without accidentally hurting a friendly player biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by hazmick: Jun 21 2015, 11:14 AM

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 21 2015, 07:07 PM
Post #22

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 21 2015, 06:13 AM) *

So lots has happened to Haa-Rei, but in the interest of spoilers I can't talk about any of it tongue.gif The main thing is that we're in Coldharbour again, but this time it's an open world section rather than a solo instance. There's a pretty big map, with a city in the middle. As you rescue people from the local area they move into the city so it gradually comes to life. Loads of fun, and not many other players too. Creatures 'round here are level 45-50 so it's very quiet. I can travel back and forth from here and Tamriel too.

We also went back to Cyrodiil, to Bruma. Unfortunately there's a big old Dark Anchor on top of the city so there was lots of fighting. Thankfully it was only Ebonheart players there so we didn't have to fight other players as well as the daedra.

Found the Breton crafting book too, which means Haa-Rei nearly has all the standard race styles laugh.gif

I know what you mean about dual-wielding mALX. We briefly teamed up with another guy to clear a dungeon and his dual daggers were just tearing through the enemies. I managed to keep up since me and my summoned creatures can do some damage too, but melee skills all look really solid.

As for injuring other players, don't worry. You can only harm other people when you're in Cyrodiil and even then there's no friendly fire. You're safe to wave your weapons around like a lunatic without accidentally hurting a friendly player biggrin.gif

That is what I was worried about, thank you! Oh, this sounds great! I just got my first invite to Cyrodiil the last time I played. I know I can't survive there, but the temptation is great to go hunt those 15 Skyshards there, lol.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 21 2015, 08:28 PM
Post #23

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, thanks for the monkey meat tip! Jerric did the wine-swapping theft quest. He loves a good prank, and he rarely gets to pull them in the game.

He also accidentally stole something while attempting to use a clothing station, so we learned that you can just pay your fine to the guards without bloodshed. Pretty soon I’m sure I’ll be able to report the exact fine for assault.
QUOTE(mALX @ Jun 21 2015, 02:10 AM) *
Before she asked me to join her, I had managed to get the SkyShard in there; and surprisingly without any bad fights. That was before she asked me to group with her, which made me wonder if by her adding me as her group at her level is why I wasn't able to make it in there when she brought me in there later. (which is one reason I prefer to play alone, at least then I know the dungeons are leveled to me at my level.)

I read somewhere that the group level is determined by the group leader, so I suspect that you were indeed facing your friend’s level enemies while you were in Crow’s Wood with her. It was very tough for Jerric on his own, and he actually died once when he got overwhelmed by wisps on the way back to the portal. He plans to go back in there looking for trouble the next time he returns to Davon’s Watch. He liked the crows, so he doesn’t mind killing their enemies.

hazmick, congrats on finding the Breton style book! Jerric’s preferred armor is Breton iron. It looks simple and functional. He still hasn’t found a helm that he really likes, though.

Jerric just got to draw steel alongside Lyris Titanborn, and that was one of the highlights of his entire life. He has tremendous respect for her. Then he had an out-of-body experience on a Fighters Guild assignment (died at the very end of the final battle, dammit) due to me fumbling the potion hotkey. So I learned how to resurrect him with a filled soul gem. That was pretty neat. But he was very pissed off about the whole situation and did not think it was ‘neat’ at all. Yikes.

He also explored a skull and crossbones location and killed a big crab creature there. Jerric is someone who runs toward the fire, so while that symbol on the compass warns me away it is irresistible bait for Jerric.

Then he was very patient at the Ebonheart dye station while I fixed some things up for him. Jerric loves the half-naked Argonian clothing, but the colors can be a bit bright on a Nord. Or at least they’re bright on a Jerric. tongue.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 21 2015, 09:09 PM
Post #24

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 21 2015, 03:28 PM) *

mALX, thanks for the monkey meat tip! Jerric did the wine-swapping theft quest. He loves a good prank, and he rarely gets to pull them in the game.

He also accidentally stole something while attempting to use a clothing station, so we learned that you can just pay your fine to the guards without bloodshed. Pretty soon I’m sure I’ll be able to report the exact fine for assault.

laugh.gif

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 21 2015, 03:28 PM) *

I read somewhere that the group level is determined by the group leader, so I suspect that you were indeed facing your friend’s level enemies while you were in Crow’s Wood with her. It was very tough for Jerric on his own, and he actually died once when he got overwhelmed by wisps on the way back to the portal. He plans to go back in there looking for trouble the next time he returns to Davon’s Watch. He liked the crows, so he doesn’t mind killing their enemies.

Well that explains it then. Now I wonder if the next time I play it is going to keep me showing as grouped with her, and how do I change that if it does - and how do I find out if it is?

I never had any issues like this playing with Peregrine because she never actually did any quests, just tagged along with me on mine like a friend (giving me advice and every now and then if I was overwhelmed in a fight she stepped in and helped, and several times her familiars leveled the playing field for me).

So I'd like to break that "group" with this girl so I'm not considered level 17 with her, it is way over my head and is making my own quests way under my level now so I'm not getting the XP I should from them.

I need to know if that is something that has to be broken and how to break it if that is the case. I know I had to shut down the game for a while that night, and when I came back to play hours later she was still showing as a crown and came bouncing up to me in game.

So now I'm worried that I am somehow stuck with her as my group leader, and that it will affect my dungeon and enemy levels.

** By the way, one of the coolest animations I've seen in game is when you are killed and a friend resurrects you from the dead. Your soul goes up into the corner of the screen and waits, watching your friend battle the enemy that killed you. Then they come over and perform healing on you and you are given the option of accepting this or not - it is an AWESOME animation!

It kind of made me want to load up on filled soul gems and help resurrect strangers I see killed in my travels, lol. I guess when I get to be a veteran I probably will do something like that.

The other absolutely stunning animation is when some other Player transports you to them; (you can accept or reject the invite). Well, I didn't want to be churlish so accepted; - which is why I ended up back in Crows Woods but at level 17 when I was just a level 7 player.

I guess I need to watch accepting invites like that in the future, but how do I fix it now so I'm released from that grouping? Does anyone know?

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 21 2015, 09:11 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 21 2015, 09:25 PM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

Sorry to hear about Jerric's headwear problems Grits. I know all too well the struggles of finding stylish armor for a discerning adventurer. tongue.gif

Not sure about grouping mALX, but there's a 'group' tab in the 'social' section of the menu which might have what you're looking for.

Aaaanyway, it's all very exciting for Haa-Rei at the moment. Completed the Ebonheart Pact questline and the Main questline, and hit Veteran level 1. Now he has the chance to explore life in another faction. We've just started in Stros M'Kai and will be seeing the war from the side of the Daggerfall Covenant. It's all possible with some fancy magic or something so he still has all his abilities and items, just not his heroic accomplishments that would otherwise hinder his integration into the new faction.

Really excited to see what it's all like, since the Covenant and the Dominion do some really nasty stuff during the Pact questline and I've been wondering what it's like on the other side of the civil war. Haa-Rei hopes we won't be doing any anti-Argonian combat.

I also gave in and bought a Guar mount from the pricey crown store. I must say though it's absolutely gorgeous and Haa-Rei has been riding around everywhere, which he didn't do much of on the horse.

--------------------
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."

"...a quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself, always a laborious business."
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jun 21 2015, 09:54 PM
Post #26

Paladin
Group Icon

Even though I'm not able to follow all the details of the game, it is so nice to see some avid ESO'ers here! I was hoping that it would become another solid TES game and, while certainly different in its own way, it seems that's the case. smile.gif

I'm definitely paying attention and watching this one.

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 21 2015, 11:11 PM
Post #27

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 21 2015, 04:25 PM) *

Sorry to hear about Jerric's headwear problems Grits. I know all too well the struggles of finding stylish armor for a discerning adventurer. tongue.gif

Not sure about grouping mALX, but there's a 'group' tab in the 'social' section of the menu which might have what you're looking for.

Aaaanyway, it's all very exciting for Haa-Rei at the moment. Completed the Ebonheart Pact questline and the Main questline, and hit Veteran level 1. Now he has the chance to explore life in another faction. We've just started in Stros M'Kai and will be seeing the war from the side of the Daggerfall Covenant. It's all possible with some fancy magic or something so he still has all his abilities and items, just not his heroic accomplishments that would otherwise hinder his integration into the new faction.

Really excited to see what it's all like, since the Covenant and the Dominion do some really nasty stuff during the Pact questline and I've been wondering what it's like on the other side of the civil war. Haa-Rei hopes we won't be doing any anti-Argonian combat.

I also gave in and bought a Guar mount from the pricey crown store. I must say though it's absolutely gorgeous and Haa-Rei has been riding around everywhere, which he didn't do much of on the horse.

Wow, holy cow! You made Veteran in no time at all! I wondered what Veteran level was, how to achieve it, etc. What it means to the Player, etc.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 22 2015, 03:54 AM
Post #28

Mouth
Group Icon

I'm not 100% sure what veteran means myself to be honest biggrin.gif I'll try and explain, but forgive me if it makes no sense.

From what I gather the veteran ranks themselves are exactly the same as regular ranks. You keep getting experience to level up your veteran ranks, but there are fewer ranks and it takes longer to level up. You keep all of your previous skills and equipment.

There's a new feature that it unlocks though, called the Champion system. Basically this is like a second XP line for your character. Experience goes towards this champion system as well as your regular level, but instead of leveling up in the champion thing you get a special skill point in either 'Warrior', 'Thief', or 'Mage'. These points can be spent in new skill lines which are represented by constellations like in Skyrim.

The way these points are given confused me at first, but it seems you get a different one every time you level up your champion ability. You get a warrior point the first time, then a mage point, then a thief point, then a warrior point and so on.

Each constellation has a different overall focus. For example: 'The Lady' focuses on health and protection from negative effects, while 'The Lover' focuses on Stamina and regeneration.

The warrior lines are all health based, the thief constellations are stamina based, and the mage is all magic based.

This is what it all looks like

A closer look at the skill lines

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 22 2015, 04:25 PM
Post #29

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 21 2015, 10:54 PM) *

I'm not 100% sure what veteran means myself to be honest biggrin.gif I'll try and explain, but forgive me if it makes no sense.

From what I gather the veteran ranks themselves are exactly the same as regular ranks. You keep getting experience to level up your veteran ranks, but there are fewer ranks and it takes longer to level up. You keep all of your previous skills and equipment.

There's a new feature that it unlocks though, called the Champion system. Basically this is like a second XP line for your character. Experience goes towards this champion system as well as your regular level, but instead of leveling up in the champion thing you get a special skill point in either 'Warrior', 'Thief', or 'Mage'. These points can be spent in new skill lines which are represented by constellations like in Skyrim.

The way these points are given confused me at first, but it seems you get a different one every time you level up your champion ability. You get a warrior point the first time, then a mage point, then a thief point, then a warrior point and so on.

Each constellation has a different overall focus. For example: 'The Lady' focuses on health and protection from negative effects, while 'The Lover' focuses on Stamina and regeneration.

The warrior lines are all health based, the thief constellations are stamina based, and the mage is all magic based.

This is what it all looks like

A closer look at the skill lines

Wow, so it is almost like a whole new game, but just in the same realm! I wonder what the Mooncalf meant in the central items? Do you know how many ranks you can progress as a Veteran?

I'm stunned by how fast you made it! It took you less time to make Veteran than it is taking me to load the game onto my computer!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 22 2015, 07:33 PM
Post #30

Councilor
Group Icon

Wow, Veteran 1, yay! I had no idea how the Veteran progression worked. I’m not convinced I’ll see it, since Jerric will probably start over and try a different class in the other faction areas. Really neat to hear that you can travel anywhere now. I’m interested how the quests and things will go outside your faction areas. I also hope Haa Rei isn’t called on to do bad things to Argonians. mellow.gif

Jerric walked across Morrowind to carry out a task that I will not describe due to spoilers, but when he got there it was not what he expected. He’s usually pretty good with surprises. Not this one.

When he entered the area (which was isolated from the rest of the world) he learned that it was occupied by two groups of creatures who had been living there in harmony. He learned this from some Dunmeri lady who apparently was waiting for him. She then ordered him to go cut the head off of one group’s leader, stick it on a pike, and use it to command the dead leader’s group to attack the other group. After all of the resident creatures were dead this lady was going to go dig up whatever she was after that happened to be in their dwelling place.

Jerric told her where to stick the pike, offered to put it there for her, and then went fishing.

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 22 2015, 09:29 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

I think there are 9 veteran levels overall mALX. I believe that means those 9 levels are about equal to 50 regular levels in terms of XP requirements, since Haa-Rei has the entire Daggerfall Covenant and Aldmeri Dominion questlines to do yet. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything else.

Grits - Glad Jerric did the right thing. Haa-Rei has learned that if someone gives you two choices, it's often best to just make your own and go do something fun instead. biggrin.gif

Speaking of Haa-Rei, he's in Daggerfall at the moment. Made some friends, but then had a disagreement about necromancy. We were under the impression that raising peoples souls to fight for you was a bad thing, but they think it's fine as long as they win the civil war. Not on our watch.

The landscape is gorgeous here though. Lovely forests and charming little villages. Most of the people are really annoying - those kind of people who think they're great because they're a lord or whatever. Lots of fancy folks wearing fancy clothes. Haa-Rei hopes they step in Guar dung the next time they leave their mansions.

Yet to find anyone Haa-Rei can have a pleasant conversation with. We both miss Morrowind and the cute Dark Elves. wub.gif

One other issue we're having is fast travel. It won't let me just bring up the map and teleport to a wayshrine anymore, we have to go to a wayshrine and travel from there. Lots of extra legwork, but I guess it's still easier than hoofing it all the way back to Black Marsh to turn in this Clothing Writ.

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 24 2015, 04:09 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 22 2015, 04:29 PM) *

I think there are 9 veteran levels overall mALX. I believe that means those 9 levels are about equal to 50 regular levels in terms of XP requirements, since Haa-Rei has the entire Daggerfall Covenant and Aldmeri Dominion questlines to do yet. I'll keep you posted if I learn anything else.

Grits - Glad Jerric did the right thing. Haa-Rei has learned that if someone gives you two choices, it's often best to just make your own and go do something fun instead. biggrin.gif

Speaking of Haa-Rei, he's in Daggerfall at the moment. Made some friends, but then had a disagreement about necromancy. We were under the impression that raising peoples souls to fight for you was a bad thing, but they think it's fine as long as they win the civil war. Not on our watch.

The landscape is gorgeous here though. Lovely forests and charming little villages. Most of the people are really annoying - those kind of people who think they're great because they're a lord or whatever. Lots of fancy folks wearing fancy clothes. Haa-Rei hopes they step in Guar dung the next time they leave their mansions.

Yet to find anyone Haa-Rei can have a pleasant conversation with. We both miss Morrowind and the cute Dark Elves. wub.gif

One other issue we're having is fast travel. It won't let me just bring up the map and teleport to a wayshrine anymore, we have to go to a wayshrine and travel from there. Lots of extra legwork, but I guess it's still easier than hoofing it all the way back to Black Marsh to turn in this Clothing Writ.

It is so amazing to be able to see all of Tamriel; I can't get over Haa Rei's fast rise to the top! He is awesome!

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 24 2015, 04:32 AM
Post #33

Councilor
Group Icon

Soo, the Brothers of Strife. Jerric got involved with the second brother and wound up inside another volcano. He had a very tough series of tasks, mostly killing but some puzzles, and though he spent a lot of time with his screen pulsing red (the PS4 warning that death is imminent), he made it through all except for one thing that wasn’t supposed to be a challenge. At the very tippy top of the volcano before he started a conversation with the obligatory helpful spirit he stepped back to let someone else pass (completely unnecessary since players don’t impact each other), and fell backward off the edge all the way down to the lava pool at the bottom of the crater.

Helpful tip on the death screen: Watch Your Step. mellow.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 25 2015, 03:08 AM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

That's one thing we don't miss about Morrowind - all that lava and strife. Complete mood killer. biggrin.gif

Haa-Rei has had another fun-filled day in High Rock. Rescuing peasants, telling off cultists, resisting the urge to shoot rude noblemen, and enjoying the scenery.

Managed to make it to Veteran rank 2, and to the region of Stormhaven. Daggerfall Covenant continues to be unimpressive in comparison to the Ebonheart Pact. Haa-Rei has decided that it's due to a lack of cute elven lasses. I concur. wub.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 25 2015, 11:22 PM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 23 2015, 11:32 PM) *

Soo, the Brothers of Strife. Jerric got involved with the second brother and wound up inside another volcano. He had a very tough series of tasks, mostly killing but some puzzles, and though he spent a lot of time with his screen pulsing red (the PS4 warning that death is imminent), he made it through all except for one thing that wasn’t supposed to be a challenge. At the very tippy top of the volcano before he started a conversation with the obligatory helpful spirit he stepped back to let someone else pass (completely unnecessary since players don’t impact each other), and fell backward off the edge all the way down to the lava pool at the bottom of the crater.

Helpful tip on the death screen: Watch Your Step. mellow.gif

I haven't found this one yet!

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 24 2015, 10:08 PM) *

That's one thing we don't miss about Morrowind - all that lava and strife. Complete mood killer. biggrin.gif

Haa-Rei has had another fun-filled day in High Rock. Rescuing peasants, telling off cultists, resisting the urge to shoot rude noblemen, and enjoying the scenery.

Managed to make it to Veteran rank 2, and to the region of Stormhaven. Daggerfall Covenant continues to be unimpressive in comparison to the Ebonheart Pact. Haa-Rei has decided that it's due to a lack of cute elven lasses. I concur. wub.gif

laugh.gif on the girls! Haa Rei is amazing!

I finally got ESO loaded on my own computer, and discovered ESO does not like people using different computers than they are slated to play on. So I'm not sure if it will be an issue if I play my son's game on my PC, so early this morning (like 3 am when it finally finished installing) - I started a new game.

So far I made it out of Coldharbour and into Davon's Watch, and have been trying to remember who I had train me in all the crafting in my son's game. I thought it was from the Mages Guild, but maybe it was the Fighters Guild? I can't find whoever it was it is very irritating!

Also, I have not gotten a single smithing trait to research, though was able to get one for both woodworking and clothing.

What I hate worst about losing my character in my son's game = she had like 50 recipes.

OH! And yesterday I fished for the first time, it was Awesome !!!!!

--------------------
+Quote Post
hazmick
post Jun 26 2015, 04:12 AM
Post #36

Mouth
Group Icon

Does this mean you'll be able to play more, mALX? Looking forward to hearing of your new adventures. happy.gif

Haa-Rei has reached the last region of High Rock, so he should be moving onto Hammerfell soon. Levelling up is proving a task, since each veteran level requires 1 million experience points (!). Everything is currently vet 3, and Haa-Rei isn't quite there yet.

Otherwise it's been business as usual. Found one of those skull'n'crossbones map markers and for the first time in ESO we couldn't do it ohmy.gif 3 very big and very scary werewolves. Haa-Rei has sworn to return later and teach them a lesson.

Edit: Several minutes after posting this we found ANOTHER skull marker we couldn't do. A necromancer with a spell powerful enough to kill Haa-Rei in two hits. Not an easy feat since he has just under 13,000 HP.

Edit number two: Haa-Rei is sulking. He finds dying to by extremely annoying. We need to find a cosy inn somewhere to relax.

This post has been edited by hazmick: Jun 26 2015, 04:20 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Grits
post Jun 26 2015, 07:06 PM
Post #37

Councilor
Group Icon

mALX, I’m glad you’re enjoying fishing in your new game! I don’t remember who certified Jerric on provisioning and alchemy other than it was a Dunmeri man in Davon’s Watch, but I’m pretty sure he found the other person at the Fighters Guild.

hazmick, Jerric feels Haa Rei’s pain at the absence of cute elven lasses. He’s hit on a few delicately lovely Dunmeri lasses lately who turned out to be lads when they spoke. Oops. One guy was a casually rude scholar-mage who reminded him a lot of Darnand. Jerric helped him of course, and he learned quite a lot in the process. The guy was generous with the history lessons. Jerric is presently up in the hills trying to find his way back down to a city that has actual women before even the scamps start to look good.

--------------------
+Quote Post
SubRosa
post Jun 26 2015, 07:28 PM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Grits @ Jun 26 2015, 02:06 PM) *

hazmick, Jerric feels Haa Rei’s pain at the absence of cute elven lasses. He’s hit on a few delicately lovely Dunmeri lasses lately who turned out to be lads when they spoke. Oops.

"It doesn't matter when it's Arcturian, baby!"

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2015, 07:00 AM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(hazmick @ Jun 25 2015, 11:12 PM) *

Does this mean you'll be able to play more, mALX? Looking forward to hearing of your new adventures. happy.gif

Haa-Rei has reached the last region of High Rock, so he should be moving onto Hammerfell soon. Levelling up is proving a task, since each veteran level requires 1 million experience points (!). Everything is currently vet 3, and Haa-Rei isn't quite there yet.

Otherwise it's been business as usual. Found one of those skull'n'crossbones map markers and for the first time in ESO we couldn't do it ohmy.gif 3 very big and very scary werewolves. Haa-Rei has sworn to return later and teach them a lesson.

Edit: Several minutes after posting this we found ANOTHER skull marker we couldn't do. A necromancer with a spell powerful enough to kill Haa-Rei in two hits. Not an easy feat since he has just under 13,000 HP.

Edit number two: Haa-Rei is sulking. He finds dying to by extremely annoying . We need to find a cosy inn somewhere to relax.

Aw, poor Haa Rei! Misa has become accustomed to it, and since she travels solo most of the time she has learned that after a certain number of deaths the game scales the enemy down just a little to meet your level better. It is how I finally got through Crowswood Cave's two quests - the only way I made it out of that basement! Same with Sheogorath's realm, that portal I was supposed to close killed me so many times that finally it scaled down for me, lol.

I can't remember what class Haa Rei is, can you remind me? Maybe we should make a thread with our character's bios on it so we can remind ourselves what each other's characters are?

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jun 27 2015, 07:51 AM
Post #40

Ancient
Group Icon

I've finally got my game up on my own PC to play - really glad, because I didn't like sitting on my son's floor hours and hours playing. I have somehow passed the age when sitting cross-legged for hours is comfortable, lol.

The game was overly concerned that I had changed it from my C drive to my E drive; so I was worried about it creating my son a problem if I tried to play my Misa game (on his account) on my computer - did NOT want to cause him any issues with his game after he was nice enough to let me play on it.

So I started a new Misa - everything is the same, she is a Templar Nord in Ebonheart Pact. She had over 50 recipes, so it is killing me to give her up!

Well, the new Misa went straight to the Mages and Fighter Guilds and signed up; and as soon as she reached level 6 she got certified to perform Writs for all the Craft shops; and started cooking meals and selling them to vendors in her spare time.

That is as far as she got.

Then a conversation with Acadian perked my interest in testing out the Nightblade Class; just to test out the spells their Class lines are given.

On a separate note, I also wanted to test out the justice system they just added. So I pulled out my old Redguard Bubba and dusted him off - I'll have to get a picture, he looks great in ESO! Much better than Oblivion or DC Wasteland Bubba!

(Bubba is in the Daggerfall Covenant).

Anyway, I tested out stealing. The first two cabinets he had no problems, but the third he was spotted. The NPC didn't do anything, just said "HEY, THAT ISN'T YOURS!"

However, there was a female guard waiting for Bubba when he left the building. She was very nice to him; she said, "Oh, you poor thing. What a harsh life you have had. I'm so sorry to add to your misfortunes, but I'm going to have to ask you to pay for those items."

The screen gave me the option to pay for the items; fight; or flee. Well, I clicked on "Pay," but obviously did not have enough gold, because the sweet female guard promptly pulled our her sword. I tried to run but was dead in two hits.

I chose to resurrect at the Wayshrine, and I'm guessing the woman guard put in a good word for Bubba, because at first it said he would be unwelcome in Daggerfall and better keep running; then I got a message that said they had dropped the charges against him and he was no longer an unwanted person in Daggerfall.

I came back into town and all was well, even the guy he originally robbed did business with him and let him come use his woodcrafting table.

So Bubba decided Daggerfall was a very nice place to be a thief in, and proceeded to rob the nearby mansion. He has not been caught again, but is a little more careful now. He has been accepted as a member of an Outlaw gang that has a hideout beneath the city, and he has made use of their fence to either sell off the items he steals or launder them so he can keep them.

I haven't played Bubba long enough to test out all the skill/spell/perk lines, but they look fantastic from what I've seen! Also, using the fence has opened up another skill/spell/perk line; one called the Legerdemain. I don't know much about it, but it is supposed to help the stealthy character.

Since the Dark Brotherhood is supposed to be coming to ESO, I am going to keep Bubba around to test it out, but will be mainly playing with Misa still.

As far as the Nightblade line goes: Holy Cow !!! They have an AWESOME lineup of spells and perks !!!

I had actually considered making Misa a Nightblade originally, but at the last minute changed my mind and made her a Templar.

The reason I didn't end up making Misa a Nightblade was that something about the Templar sounded so much more powerful, and I was afraid of being way over my head in this game after everything I had heard, so Misa became a Templar instead of a Nightblade.

Now, the Templar is a powerful mage, but to heal she needs to use a healing spell that is separate from her destruction magic. It can be put on the hot bar alongside the destruction magic, but then you are using two spells - twice the magicka usage, which if you don't have a lot then you might run out in a bad fight.

Well, the Nightblade's first spell at level 1-2 is a health syphoning spell that pulls the health from the enemy by 30% while boosting your health by 25% - one spell slot used, only one hit on your magicka!!!

It was taking down the enemies before they could strike Bubba even once; it was AWESOME !!! And it used only one hit of magicka for everything !!!!

The first morph for that spell is the option to either up your healing another 8% or to also heal any of your allies that are nearby while it is healing you. I chose that one for my morph, even though I play solo.

The first invisibility spell you get is just 2.5 seconds, not enough to even step away from the dresser you are breaking into, which is why Bubba got caught, lol.

But I've seen that spell/perk line in action through an extended combat by a man who tackled Fungal Grotto completely Solo; so I'm sure that 2.5 seconds will become a lot more after morphing.

Anyway, I'm very happy with it, but still love the Templar Class too. Both have excellent skill/perk lines, I don't think anyone could go wrong choosing either of these lines for their character to play solo with.

This post has been edited by mALX: Jun 27 2015, 07:54 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

213 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:07 AM