Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ranger's Guild, What do you think?
MasterSaji
post Apr 2 2006, 03:18 PM
Post #1

Evoker

I've been playing oblivion a week now, non-stop till I had to sleep @ 3:00 in the morning to get ups 2 hours later. But, on my many avdventures, I've ponder many questions, one of which is, "Why is there no Ranger's Guild?" So, I come to you, people of Chorrol.com, would you like to see a rnagers guild?

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
DavimusK
post Apr 2 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #2

Associate

I don't really see a need for a Ranger's Guild, but I guess it would always be cool for new guilds and quests. The thing is, the Fighter's Guild and the Thieves Guild are like the two halves of a Ranger, so it's already filled up. But if you wanna give us more content, all the power to ya smile.gif
+Quote Post
Unmourned
post Apr 2 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #3

Retainer

I always tend to think of rangers as solitary wanderers, but maybe they could have a small band with a line of quests. Sort of like the Ashlanders, in a way...They could clear traps, stalk huntsman, gather invasive plants, hunt down creatures that would endanger the balance, sabotage camps and lay traps of their own that animals would instinctively avoid.

--------------------
[FONT=Times][I][COLOR=orange] Nil Mortify sine Lucre
+Quote Post
Cynwulf
post Apr 10 2006, 03:36 PM
Post #4

Associate

Personally I see no need for a rangers guild as well. Like Davi said, you already have fighters and thieves, and somewhere in the middle you'd have rangers. I dont really see a ranger guild contibuting much dynamics to Oblivion.
+Quote Post
w0lfman
post May 30 2006, 08:13 PM
Post #5

Associate

i had the same idea but if you wanna have a mod or something post it here :http://chorrol.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=9&t=3094&st=0#entry78732
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 1 2006, 12:19 PM
Post #6

Mouth
Group Icon

I too think of most Rangers as solitary, but there are times &/or circumstances when rangers would band together. You'd have to have a good storyline & reason for them to be doing so, as well as good challenging quests to play.

Think of Robin Hood & Sherwood ... not exactly rangers, but close to it. Men who took to the forest because their lands were getting pwned by the evil brother of the distant king.

Also, I can't help thinking of the streetguys I see wandering around with backpacks & shopping carts, etc. during the daylight hours right in urban America. Did you know that many of them sleep in communal campsites at night? Did you know many of them are Vietnam Vets who got stiffed by their own govt? (Ok, no politics) but you could make a guild of rangers who were war heroes who got rejected by their country for some reason ... and give them some purpose - revenge? getting back their good name? wealth? honor?

I don't know ... it's your Ranger Guild ...... wink.gif

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
MasterSaji
post Jun 1 2006, 09:15 PM
Post #7

Evoker

Mkay...why bring this back up? Hm? You've brought it back up, so know I shall force my opinion on you!

First, how the hell do fighter/theif make a ranger? Rangers don't steal nor do they go around smashing people in the head with giant mauls.

&

Second, Solitary rangers? Not so. You think of rouges or something. Rangers might hide in shadows but there would be 5 or 6 of them about toi stick 5 or 6 arrows up your butt.

--------------------
+Quote Post
lev_the_devil
post Jun 1 2006, 10:52 PM
Post #8

Retainer

when i read the thing i was thinking of a guild with focuses on

a) ranged combat -- archery, possibly ranged spells
cool.gif light armor
c) summoning magic, maybe magic that summons normal creatures as oppposed to demonic ones
d) some sneaking and theaving, but more outdoors sort of stuff. like maybe quests where they have to track someone and follow them to their guild without them noticing
e) alchemy, they'd gather what they need from the woods
f) hunting, not only regular animals but rare ones that would be added to the game.
g) ambushes. imagine setting up an ambush for a fighter or mages guild caravan and jumping at them out of trees, off of rocks, out of crevices, etc. and just tearing them up with a barrage of arrows.

i think it could work if you came up with enough good ideas for quests and skill perks, etc.
+Quote Post
Ibis
post Jun 4 2006, 04:07 AM
Post #9

Mouth
Group Icon

Yes, make it really rousing and challenging = Storyline/Quests = to get us out into the beautiful forestlands of Cyrodiil for good purpose.

--------------------
IPB Image <--- Moon Cookiies for all who join @ TESFU

+Quote Post
The_Listener
post Jun 7 2006, 02:53 PM
Post #10

Associate

QUOTE(Unmourned @ Apr 2 2006, 01:31 PM)
I always tend to think of rangers as solitary wanderers, but maybe they could have a small band with a line of quests. Sort of like the Ashlanders, in a way...They could clear traps, stalk huntsman, gather invasive plants, hunt down creatures that would endanger the balance, sabotage camps and lay traps of their own that animals would instinctively avoid.

you are thinking of a woodsman, or maybe an elven archer from LotR. rangers have many different styles, most of them are covered by the thieves guild, the fighters guild, and the dark brotherhood, but a rouges(spell?) guild would be cool, it would be like the thieves guild but you could kill people too, insted of stealing things but not being able to kill anyone.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
hunter14
post Aug 13 2006, 07:16 AM
Post #11

Evoker

I really want a ranger guild. I love playing as rangers and woodsmen but the theifs and the fighter guilds are just not the same. any one who says no is just a ranger hater.

--------------------
i own your monkeys hahahahahaha

attack my monkeys!!!

want a banana, well u cant have one

only my monkeys can

u bananaless person
------------------------
+Quote Post
Bolzmania
post Feb 19 2008, 10:25 AM
Post #12

Knower
Group Icon

Wow. I didn't even know that there was one called that.

--------------------
"When a man lies, he murders some part of the world"
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:09 PM