Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fallout: New Vegas - Most Dangerous Places, Where You Die A Thousand Deaths - And How You Made It Through
mALX
post Jan 4 2011, 04:53 AM
Post #1

Ancient
Group Icon

1. Deathclaw Promentary - Veronica ran forward and attacked, so I used a stealth boy and ran like a banshee to the very back (X 100 tries). Climbed up to the top of the highest peak and sniped anything that moved till nothing did.

(unfortunately, the two dead bodies never spawned). The WIKIA said to wait till the deathclaws respawn and the bodies would show. I waited on my rock peak till they respawned - went through it all again. 1 gun spawned.

Had to repeat it again. (repeat, so now I have fought the billion deathclaws a third time) Ran totally out of bullets, ended up scrambling down and using just "Pushy." SAVED OFTEN !!!!

Finally, another gun spawned. Still no bodies.

Died 6 more times and gave up, leaving without my Power Armor, Remnant Armor, Caravan Cards, and BULLETS that the bodies were supposed to have !!!!

Tons of Med-X and Psycho

LEVEL 7

2. The Dead Wind Cavern - Have not made it through yet, and each time I die (I respawn inside the cavern with them all around me). Have not even seen the Legendary yet.

LEVEL 12

3. Crashed Vertibird with all those 'Hardened Robots'????? GAAAAAAH !!!! - have not made it past them, even climbed up the mountain peak above them and sniped them with grenades - didn't phase them.

LEVEL 12

Any tips on getting through these? I'm all ears, lol.

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 4 2011, 06:01 AM
Post #2

Forum Bard
Group Icon

For the robots you should find some pulse grenades or the pulse gun and they will become an easy challenge.

In the last update Deathclaws' damage threshold has been dropped from 30 to 15 so they should be much easier to kill if your game is up to date.

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jan 4 2011, 04:43 PM
Post #3

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(Kiln @ Jan 4 2011, 12:01 AM) *

For the robots you should find some pulse grenades or the pulse gun and they will become an easy challenge.

In the last update Deathclaws' damage threshold has been dropped from 30 to 15 so they should be much easier to kill if your game is up to date.

The pulse grenades weren't phasing the "hardened robots" - they have some kind of armored metal or shield on them. My character is only just turned level 12, so it could be that keeping me from getting by them. They (the "hardened robots" at the crashed Vertibird site) are the only robots I've had trouble with so far, though.

GAAAAH !!! I wish I could get that patch then, if it lowers the Deathclaws to a reasonable ratio - I downloaded the patch and my game immediately started crashing like crazy. As soon as I removed it the crashing stopped.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Kiln
post Jan 4 2011, 08:50 PM
Post #4

Forum Bard
Group Icon

Malx: Thats odd, the patch seemed to work wonders for me and I've seen alot of positive comments on the official Bethsoft forums as well. The patch fixed a huge amount of issues. Maybe you should try re-downloading it and see if you still have problems?

--------------------
He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee. - Friedrich Nietzsche
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:26 PM