Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Monkey's Art Folder, Featuring farts and the rare polished work.
mALX
post Jul 7 2017, 12:00 AM
Post #21

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 6 2017, 05:13 PM) *

It was fun to heckle, at tho! I don't do it as often anymore, but I DID play through Beyond Reach and I hated the mod. Can't really come up with art for it tho.

Anyways, have some Oblivion stuff!

A recent character. I think his name was Estarmo? ??? I had an itch for Oblivion and decided to make a quick, throwaway character with little RP.

Anyway, I had some issues with character textures so at first his body was oddly discolored. He was also primarily a warrior character and because he was an Altmer his strength was atrocious, so I thought, hey, what if that's just the game's way of showing how far he needs to go! The one on the right is his ~final form~ once his strength and endurance reached max and the texture bug was fixed. I couldn't actually get facial hair in-game but welp. I still have his save tucked away somewhere so maybe his adventures will continue in the future.

That aside, have some of my "official" Oblivion characters.

It's Elise! My Champion of Cyrodiil and one half of Sheogorath. (Dementia side). At least until the cosmic retcon. It's a long story. :V
I had some issues with face mods. But IMO it's better to have them than not. OCO v2 leaves a lot to be desired (Redguards too light-skinned, lips too sharp and small, I guess it's due to using a common base, and also a lot of NPC's didn't make the transition well, like Martin) but it DOES make Oblivion characters' faces match the rest of the franchise's.
She is A Good Girl, but Hermaeus Mora's quest really tried her. It was surprisingly hard to find a hostile Orc to soultrap in this playthrough.

Her "cousin" Yannick! Turns out he's actually her half-brother but welp. Arch-Mage and eventually the Mania side of Sheogorath, until things happened.
He is not very formidable. But he tries his best!
He is a Master Athlete and Acrobat. Pretty good at Hand-to-Hand fighting, too, and in the right situation, combined with magic, he CAN be pretty deadly. Just not as much as his lady cohorts.
Also an Alchemist. His theme is "destruction and reconstruction to make something new". Sometimes, depending on mod loads, he has bombs!

Aside from what's in the OP, I have no artwork of Guadalupe (formerly Aemelia), Redguard Templar. Mostly cause any attempts to play her end up breaking badly. idk She is mom.

To finish off my stack of Oblivion art, here's a comic I drew for that Integration: The Stranded Light mod. For context, there was an actual quest where you had to deliver advertisements for the Stranded Light organization to EVERY SINGLE INNKEEPER IN CYRODIIL. Well, most of them, anyways.
I did the quest in the middle of the Main Quest, when the Mythic Dawn sleeper agents start attacking.
It's not fine.
It includes the Shivering Isles btw.

So what's one to do? Use the console to complete the quest give it to Yannick to deliver while on his rounds! Never mind that Cyrodiil the largest province in Tamriel. I hate quest mods sometimes, but then vanilla treats going to the other side of the province as if it were a walk to the other side of town, too, including Skyrim.

Anyways, deadlines were met and I get to work on the ESO Anniversary thing again. I'd say I'm about...40% done. Oh.

These are spectacular! I can't get over how well you are able to make facial expressions that match your descriptions of that character! Here is my favorite example:

Her "cousin" Yannick!

And another that I loved a lot:

It's not fine.

But this has to be my favorite drawing of this post! All are awesome; but I just LOVE this cartoon, it had me rolling!!! :

give it to Yannick to deliver while on his rounds!

Also: These shots from your game are Awesome! Your graphics are amazing, I'd love to know what mods you used to make Anvil look that great!

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 7 2017, 01:10 AM
Post #22

Mouth
Group Icon

I think for those in particular I had the benefit of feeling the emotion first-hand, sort of like the ESO comics I made recently. Virtually every drawing i did for Oblivion was to illustrate my thoughts on the mods I was currently playing, so I guess I had that going for me. That aside, thanks for the kind words!

Oh, and I use Better Cities. Since it's an amalgamation of a bunch of city mods made by different mod creators, the quality is just as diverse. Some of the NPC's are best avoided, especially considering that for a lot of them, "immersion" wasn't the goal.

Actually, most of Yannick's drawings happened BECAUSE of that mod (the quest chain in Better Bravil, can't remember the actual name, though). The NPC's are obnoxious but the questline was okay-ish. (His "tries his best" face came from trying to understand what one of them was saying) Also starting it is one of the absolute stupidest ways but I'm past caring about that. :V Just ignore everything but the pretty new architecture.

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 7 2017, 04:56 AM
Post #23

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 6 2017, 08:10 PM) *

I think for those in particular I had the benefit of feeling the emotion first-hand, sort of like the ESO comics I made recently. Virtually every drawing i did for Oblivion was to illustrate my thoughts on the mods I was currently playing, so I guess I had that going for me. That aside, thanks for the kind words!

Oh, and I use Better Cities. Since it's an amalgamation of a bunch of city mods made by different mod creators, the quality is just as diverse. Some of the NPC's are best avoided, especially considering that for a lot of them, "immersion" wasn't the goal.

Actually, most of Yannick's drawings happened BECAUSE of that mod (the quest chain in Better Bravil, can't remember the actual name, though). The NPC's are obnoxious but the questline was okay-ish. (His "tries his best" face came from trying to understand what one of them was saying) Also starting it is one of the absolute stupidest ways but I'm past caring about that. :V Just ignore everything but the pretty new architecture.

Yannick's face in that one drawing looked almost real instead of drawn; and you could feel whatever he was feeling because it showed so clearly in his eyes and expression. Really excellent!

I did my own version of Better Cities that just improved their looks = added porches, shutters, window boxes, outdoor benches, changed some textures, etc. I didn't add any quests with them, just kind of made the cities look more appealing (to me).

This post has been edited by mALX: Jul 7 2017, 05:03 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 7 2017, 02:15 PM
Post #24

Paladin
Group Icon

Monkey, great fun to have a peek into your Oblivion characters and their games! happy.gif

--------------------
Screenshot: Buffy in Artaeum
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 8 2017, 04:00 AM
Post #25

Mouth
Group Icon

Have a preview of the thing i'm working on

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: May 11 2019, 04:36 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 8 2017, 04:46 AM
Post #26

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 7 2017, 11:00 PM) *

Have a preview of the thing i'm working on

IPB Image

Jo'Zira !!!!! And is that "Hates?"

--------------------
+Quote Post
Grits
post Jul 8 2017, 03:54 PM
Post #27

Councilor
Group Icon

monkey, your ability to convey emotion and movement in your drawings is a delight to see. This thread is a treasure trove. Thank you very much for sharing these! When I see your ESO characters in the game, I have the personality expressed in their drawings in my mind as well. (Jo'zira looks fabulous in game, by the way. His coloring is gorgeous!)

--------------------
+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 8 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #28

Paladin
Group Icon

Adorable is not a word I normally associate with Argonians but your latest drawings may change that. And the feline expression on Jo'zira's (?) face is priceless! Can't see much of the fellow behind the mask but his eyes sure are intense!

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 8 2017, 07:13 PM
Post #29

Mouth
Group Icon

For those wondering, yeah, it's the Squad; Hates-White-Rats, Jo'zira and Eolan.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words everyone.

One thing for today, because I forgot to do it earlier.

I drew my Nerevarine once.[/url] Circa 4E 201. 200 years of existing have left him Very Tired and Very Confused about what's going on in Solstheim and why it doesn't match up to his memories of what went down. Maybe his memories are incorrect? Maybe they aren't his own? Who knows? Who cares? Beth certainly doesn't.

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 9 2017, 08:53 PM
Post #30

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 8 2017, 01:13 PM) *

I drew my Nerevarine once. Circa 4E 201. 200 years of existing have left him Very Tired and Very Confused about what's going on in Solstheim and why it doesn't match up to his memories of what went down. Maybe his memories are incorrect? Maybe they aren't his own? Who knows? Who cares? Beth certainly doesn't.

Heh, he's a bit too clean cut for a Nord. Imperial or Breton?

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 9 2017, 08:54 PM

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

May you walk on warm sands!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 9 2017, 10:15 PM
Post #31

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 9 2017, 02:53 PM) *

I drew my Nerevarine once. Circa 4E 201. 200 years of existing have left him Very Tired and Very Confused about what's going on in Solstheim and why it doesn't match up to his memories of what went down. Maybe his memories are incorrect? Maybe they aren't his own? Who knows? Who cares? Beth certainly doesn't.

Breton. Had him wear the Skaal armor for nostalgia's sake (took a few artistic liberties with it though). As much as I hate the spiked helmet, it was a great set.

(I realized I never gave his name, either. It's Piers, but idk if he'll be featured more here.)

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 10 2017, 12:57 AM
Post #32

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 9 2017, 04:15 PM) *

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 9 2017, 02:53 PM) *

Breton. Had him wear the Skaal armor for nostalgia's sake (took a few artistic liberties with it though). As much as I hate the spiked helmet, it was a great set.

(I realized I never gave his name, either. It's Piers, but idk if he'll be featured more here.)

He looks cool in any case. Really liked the gear from Bloodmoon.

--------------------
"Family is an odd thing, is it not? Defined by blood, separated by blood, joined by blood. In the end, it's all just blood."
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 11 2017, 10:58 PM
Post #33

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 8 2017, 02:13 PM) *

For those wondering, yeah, it's the Squad; Hates-White-Rats, Jo'zira and Eolan.

Anyways, thanks for the kind words everyone.

One thing for today, because I forgot to do it earlier.

Awesome! He really looks the part of the Nerevarine!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 12 2017, 03:13 AM
Post #34

Mouth
Group Icon

Haha, his actions killed a lot of people. Thanks, Azura!

Anyways, lately I've been feeling really dead in the evenings so I'll try to be coherent tonight. here is some miscellaneous garbage.

A dumb little comic for Skyrim.[/url] This is really old, but I'm replaying Alois again, btw. :V
Turns out I've drawn my Nerevarine before?[/url] I still hung out in Deviantart when Skyrim came out (but I left shortly after) and there was a long little "draw your characters based on topics" thing for Skyrim. I think this was "Draw your Dragonborn meeting your Champion of Cyrodiil/Nerevarine/etc. So I drew my Dragonborn Aza-jo with my Champion of Cyrodiil and my main non-Dragonborn with my Nerevarine. I lost the full thing when my laptop died.

More of the Big 3[/url]I've played Daggerfall and Arena but i never draw those Heroes. Actually, they were supposed to be part of this. :U

The ESO Squad[/url]

Eolan and his pet cat Winceslaus[/url]

Another Eolan.[/url]

And another one.[/url]

A Preview for the ESO Thing[/url] Again. Every time I think I'm almost done I I get a harsh reminder that there's still a lot more to do. I am really out of practice and of course I choose this project to play with lighting. (Finished piece may or may not be radically different) I don;'t konw what i'm doing anymore help

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 12 2017, 03:53 AM
Post #35

Ancient
Group Icon

So do you do all of these from memory or do you use screenies to go by?

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
Acadian
post Jul 12 2017, 06:56 PM
Post #36

Paladin
Group Icon

Brotons! laugh.gif

Gosh, these all look so good - and quite humorous.

Eolan looks so cool in his full plate and closed helm. goodjob.gif

--------------------
Stop by our sub forum!
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 12 2017, 08:55 PM
Post #37

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(TheCheshireKhajiit @ Jul 11 2017, 09:53 PM) *

Depends. Most of the time I go from memory, because sometimes the in-game avatar tends to be different than the mental image (particularly Yannick from Oblivion, though it's as close as I could get him). It's much more doable when doing the dumb, low-effort ones, but for the more detailed work and anything involving in-game armor and clothes and such, I turn to references after a while of struggling. Especially in ESO where the armor is more intricate. :T

Sometimes I think I prefer Eolan in armor than out of it. Which is annoying because drawing armor is hard. :V

This post has been edited by monkeyemoness: Jul 12 2017, 08:58 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post
TheCheshireKhajiit
post Jul 13 2017, 02:11 AM
Post #38

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 12 2017, 02:55 PM) *

Depends. Most of the time I go from memory, because sometimes the in-game avatar tends to be different than the mental image (particularly Yannick from Oblivion, though it's as close as I could get him). It's much more doable when doing the dumb, low-effort ones, but for the more detailed work and anything involving in-game armor and clothes and such, I turn to references after a while of struggling. Especially in ESO where the armor is more intricate. :T

Sometimes I think I prefer Eolan in armor than out of it. Which is annoying because drawing armor is hard. :V

IPB Image
Khajiit concurs with Lord Vader.

This post has been edited by TheCheshireKhajiit: Jul 13 2017, 02:34 AM

--------------------
-Dhaunayne Aundae

+Quote Post
mALX
post Jul 15 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #39

Ancient
Group Icon

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 11 2017, 10:13 PM) *

Haha, his actions killed a lot of people. Thanks, Azura!

Anyways, lately I've been feeling really dead in the evenings so I'll try to be coherent tonight. here is some miscellaneous garbage.

A dumb little comic for Skyrim. This is really old, but I'm replaying Alois again, btw. :V

Turns out I've drawn my Nerevarine before? I still hung out in Deviantart when Skyrim came out (but I left shortly after) and there was a long little "draw your characters based on topics" thing for Skyrim. I think this was "Draw your Dragonborn meeting your Champion of Cyrodiil/Nerevarine/etc. So I drew my Dragonborn Aza-jo with my Champion of Cyrodiil and my main non-Dragonborn with my Nerevarine. I lost the full thing when my laptop died.

More of the Big 3I've played Daggerfall and Arena but i never draw those Heroes. Actually, they were supposed to be part of this. :U

The ESO Squad

Eolan and his pet cat Winceslaus

Another Eolan.

And another one.

A Preview for the ESO Thing Again. Every time I think I'm almost done I I get a harsh reminder that there's still a lot more to do. I am really out of practice and of course I choose this project to play with lighting. (Finished piece may or may not be radically different) I don;'t konw what i'm doing anymore help

I LOVE the cartoon! I did that phial quest, but can't remember finding that stash of gold, laugh.gif

Oh, how cool that you found the drawing! It is amazing how much your "Brotons" look alike!

The expression on your Khajiit in this is adorable!

ESO squad = Bwaahaa!

D'Aaaw, Eolan and his pet cat Winceslaus!

These are really great drawings!

A Preview for the ESO Thing ????? Whatever this is about, your drawing is excellent!

QUOTE(Acadian @ Jul 12 2017, 01:56 PM) *

Brotons! laugh.gif

Gosh, these all look so good - and quite humorous.

Eolan looks so cool in his full plate and closed helm. goodjob.gif

I liked that one real well too!

QUOTE(monkeyemoness @ Jul 12 2017, 03:55 PM) *

You most def do an extremely good armor!

--------------------
+Quote Post
monkeyemoness
post Jul 15 2017, 09:13 PM
Post #40

Mouth
Group Icon

h

--------------------
+Quote Post

10 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:42 PM