Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Country Side Mod
Ragnar
post Jan 5 2006, 03:15 AM
Post #1

Retainer

In Oblvion there probably will not be many people living in the countryside. Frankly i donèt think that that is how a seemingly medieval society should work. When Oblvion comes out I am hoping to make a mod that will dot the countryside with farms.

It would also be cool if you could by your own farm and plant seeds. Then you harvest your crop and sell it. That would be a very natural and steady way to make money. If your farm is big you can buy some serfs who would farm it for you and perhaps some taskmasters.

I am hpoing to dot the landscape with over a hundred farms just to make it more realistic. anyway i dont know where i am going with this anymore.

Please give me some ideas.

This post has been edited by Ragnar: Jan 5 2006, 03:16 AM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 6 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Wise Woman
Group Icon

I think it´s a great idea! I´d download a mod like that immediately....And yes I´ll come up with some ideas....i promise.....

But as I said it´s a great idea!

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
Dantrag
post Jan 6 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #3

Councilor
Group Icon

Good idea, but I don't know how it would be executed, seeing as I'm no modder...

--------------------
"Its when murder is justice that martyrs are made"
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 6 2006, 11:17 PM
Post #4

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(Dantrag @ Jan 6 2006, 09:39 PM)
Good idea, but I don't know how it would be executed, seeing as I'm no modder...

Neither am I but there will be modders out there I assure you! So hopefully we will get a nice country-life-mod! tongue.gif

--------------------
Chomh fada agus a bhionn daoine ah creiduint in aif�iseach, leanfaidh said na n-aingniomhi a choireamh (Voltaire)

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
RobRendell
post Jan 7 2006, 11:50 AM
Post #5

Agent

Out of interest, why do you expect that there won't be (enough) farms in the normal game? Morrowind had some farms, at least... the Dren plantation and those other farms around that area. I guess there weren't farms around every settlement, through, and realistically there should have been.

Anyway, I also think it's a good idea, assuming that there isn't much in the way of farmlands in the game. And given the various comments I've read from the Bethesda developers, I suspect that even if they have enough farmland to satisfy authenticity, they almost certainly won't have the ability to own one.

This post has been edited by RobRendell: Jan 7 2006, 11:54 AM
+Quote Post
minque
post Jan 7 2006, 03:07 PM
Post #6

Wise Woman
Group Icon

QUOTE(RobRendell @ Jan 7 2006, 11:50 AM)
Out of interest, why do you expect that there won't be (enough) farms in the normal game?  Morrowind had some farms, at least... the Dren plantation and those other farms around that area.  I guess there weren't farms around every settlement, through, and realistically there should have been.

Anyway, I also think it's a good idea, assuming that there isn't much in the way of farmlands in the game.  And given the various comments I've read from the Bethesda developers, I suspect that even if they have enough farmland to satisfy authenticity, they almost certainly won't have the ability to own one.

Just as you said.....there will probably be some farms....but....not enough to be realistic in a medieval setting. Besides it would be soo cool to be able to buy your own farm and try to get it running. Harvesting and raising some animals...well you know .....

--------------------

Facebook

IPB Image

+Quote Post
MadHatter
post Jan 13 2006, 10:46 PM
Post #7

Retainer

Couldn't you quickly build a monopoly of farms and have the game turn into Sim City. Possibly to slow down your "farming rampage" there will be random bandit attacks/natural disasters/upkeep costs and other things of that sort, so you would have to actually pay attention to your farms rather then have them pour in money for you. Mabey rival farmers steal animals and things like that also.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 09:46 PM