Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Gamespy Article
Intestinal Chaos
post Jan 24 2006, 05:53 PM
Post #1

Mouth
Group Icon

It's been out for a little while, but I decided to discuss it none the less.

OmGZ G4m35pY 4r7ic13!!1!!1!11oneoneone

Looks like it's more of the same we've been seeing, but I guess non-descrete evil-doers won't be enjoying the benefits of the wizards guild. That's extra insentive to be stealthy in your work if you're a mage/thief who happens to operate in the DB, or even a slightly morally questionable practioner of magic.

Sounds superb that the game itself is suprising the demo-runner (though what he did to that villager doesn't seem very proffessional), I really would have liked to have heard just what went on after he joined the Mage's Guild, though I don't think it would have been that much more. Their complaint about the game, I have to say, was really half assed.

QUOTE(GameSpy @ Jan 24 2006, 08:53 AM)

"Iffy

A first-person RPG that takes 50 to 100 hours to complete might be a bit much for some people to swallow."

Honestly if that's the only "major flaw" that they can spot out then this only confirms my thoughts that this'll be one hell of a game.

This post has been edited by Intestinal Chaos: Jan 24 2006, 05:56 PM
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Channler
post Jan 24 2006, 09:39 PM
Post #2

Master
Group Icon

Jeeze, their already making it idiot friendly enough as it is. I'm not sure about everyone else but I lay down 50$ for a game, I expect it to be LONG, and GOOD.

Like..

TES3
KoToR1
Final Fantasy
etc, etc..

I don't like some of these people that want short games... Take some damn ADD med if you have to much of a problem.

BTW didn't morrowing sale quite a few copies? Annd it def wasn't as user freindly as OB is goona be.

--------------------
“I'm not insensitive, I just don't care.”
-Anonymous
IPB Image
+Quote Post
mplantinga
post Jan 24 2006, 11:38 PM
Post #3

Knower
Group Icon

I agree with Channler about the length issue. Every game I have purchased since Morrowind has felt like a bit of a let down because I usually finish the game the same week it arrives. Admittedly, I've stayed away from MMOs, mostly because I have an old computer and a slow IP. The 50-100h that gamespy states is much longer than the main storyline, which according to Beth is only going to be 20-25h. I say, the longer, the better. The more things there are to do, the more bang-for-my-buck the game will provide. Considering the many hundreds of hours (okay, maybe thousands) I've poured into Morrowind since it came out, the bigger, better, longer Oblivion should definitely satisfy for many, many, many hours.
+Quote Post
Intestinal Chaos
post Jan 25 2006, 12:32 AM
Post #4

Mouth
Group Icon

QUOTE(mplantinga @ Jan 24 2006, 02:38 PM)
I agree with Channler about the length issue. Every game I have purchased since Morrowind has felt like a bit of a let down because I usually finish the game the same week it arrives. Admittedly, I've stayed away from MMOs, mostly because I have an old computer and a slow IP. The 50-100h that gamespy states is much longer than the main storyline, which according to Beth is only going to be 20-25h. I say, the longer, the better. The more things there are to do, the more bang-for-my-buck the game will provide. Considering the many hundreds of hours (okay, maybe thousands) I've poured into Morrowind since it came out, the bigger, better, longer Oblivion should definitely satisfy for many, many, many hours.

Agreed, the bang-for-buck factor is at a maximum. laugh.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:21 AM