Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The man with green eyes, A story of a man
Saquira
post Jun 19 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Finder
Group Icon

The man with green eyes

“Oh him. Of course, you wouldn't know him, having just come to Skyrim. I'm so used to seeing him that I couldn't ever imagine someone not having met him. The Altmer calls himself Sorcalin, he's been around as long as anyone can remember. My father introduced him to me. I doubt there's anyone of importance in Skyrim whom he haven't met, except you of course. Perfect gentleman, and he owns a house out in the Rift. Though now that I think about it, I have never found out how he earned all of that money, or where he came from,”
- Jarl Balgruuf, 4E 201 21st Last Seed

Author's note:
So this is the story of Sorcalin, the Altmer mystery. Excerpts from his story anyway. I've had such an annoying writer's block lately concerning my other stories, so I've decided to publish some of the stuff that I actually have managed to write. Though I'm not sure if you'll like Sorcalin as much as I do, I certainly hope so.

So, in this first post I'll have an Index of what happens in my version of the elder scrolls universe, with links to the posts that are parts from Sorcalin's life. I won't be posting them in any kind of order, since not even I know exactly how old the guy is, and because this is a spur of the moment kind of thing. It's just lots of stuff that takes place in the Elder Scrolls universe and has one common thing in them, Sorcalin. I'll also write the dates that I upload and update the different parts, and I'm hoping that might help you to keep track of the parts better.

So well, I hope you like it. Ekali's story is still my priority, but the thing is that when I get an idea it's kind of hard to not write about it. Which means that I've currently got five stories in the Elder Scrolls universe that I'm working on. And that is pretty annoying, but there isn't much I can do about it. So, now there's the Index, and then there's the first part.

Index:

Original Characters - Post #9

New Currency: Thalms - Post #29

3E

253, 12th Sun's Dawn Part 1 - Elyzara Moorhart returns to life - Post #40 - 19/12-2013

253, 12th Sun's Dawn Part 2 - Elyzara speaks to Periene and Periene speaks to Morgan - Post #46 - 19/4-2015

377 – Prince Geldall Septim is born.

378 – Prince Enman Septim is born.

380 – Prince Ebel Septim is born. A relatively new member of the Mages Guild defeats Mannimarco and is appointed arch-mage.

380, 11th Sun's Dawn – A young mage meets the Count of Skingrad and Sorcalin for the first time when they save her life - Post #17 - 21/8-2012

383, 3rd Hearthfire - Sorcalin is hired by the emperor - Post #31 - 25/12-2012

384, 14th Rain's Hand - Sorcalin speaks to Tar-Meena - Post #7 - 29/6-2012

384, 3rd Sun's Height – Sorcalin speaks with Adrasteia for the first time - Post #20 - 26/8-2012

389 - Jagar Tharn takes over

389, 29th Hearthfire – Sorcalin escapes with the emperor's heirs from the Imperial City - Post #14 - 14/8-2012

390, 12th Sun's Dawn – Adrasteia, Sorcalin's wife, is killed by Jagar Tharn - Post #10 - 10/8-2012

390, 13th Sun’s Dawn - Sorcalin buries Adrasteia - Post #38 - 15/10-2013

432 – Felisa Serhas is arrested and meets Valen Dreth

433 – Felisa Serhas meets Gasheera and escapes from prison. She later kills the love of her life, Valen Dreth, and conspires with Sa'Quira to “make a hero” of Gasheera.

433, 10th Second seed – Roland Jenseric witness a vampire feeding on his beloved - Post #2 - 25/6-2012

434 – The Oblivion crisis is ended, the 3rd era ends. S'iniith and He-Twists-His-Tail meet and travel to the Imperial city together.

4E

1 – 3 The Mages guild breaks apart, forming the College of Whispers and the Synod.

199, 24th Frostfall – Sorcalin meets an old acquaintance - Post #34 - 4/5-2013

201, 10th Last Seed – Sorcalin investigate rumors - Index post - 19/6-2012

201, 21st Last Seed – Sorcalin first meets Ekali

201, 23nd Last Seed – Dar'Ilthi confronts Sorcalin - Post #24 - 31/8-2012

202, Unknown – Sorcalin relaxes together with Ekali - Post #24 - 31/8-2012

Sources:
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/third-era
http://www.imperial-library.info/content/calendar-tamriel
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Jagar_Tharn

4E 201, 10th Last Seed

Maven Black-Briar had just dipped the quill in ink and was about to start writing when she could see, in her peripheral, that her personal guard had just frozen. The plant by the window no longer swayed, and the dust motes hung like from a spider-web in the air. Looking up, she was greeted by the sight of an Altmer in the leather armor usually worn by the Thieves guild. So she sighed, and moved the quill so that ink wouldn't drip on the papers in front of her.

“Why does every rumor-mongering scoundrel in the city speak of Saerdur's heading on an expedition into the mountains, when I'm certain that the Jarl put him in house-arrest?” he asked her as he walked up to one of the book-shelves and looked at the titles.

“And why would I know that?” she responded, watching him closely as he made his way around the room. The high elf turned to her with a smile.

“Why? You know everything that goes on in Riften, whether it's illegal or not.” Putting his hands on her desk, he leaned in close until their foreheads were a mere inch apart. Maven, though flustered, didn't flinch.

“A favor for a friend, you'll have to ask Dar'Ilthi if you want to know more. I didn't ask for the specifics,” she said, staring into his eyes with a grim expression.

“Maybe I'll do just that,” he said with another smile and stood up straight, making sure he hadn't dropped anything.

“It's a handy trick that, halting time,” she said in a bored manner, and he looked back at her.

“Why yes, I suppose it is.” He cast a glance at the guard. “Handy when you don't want anyone to know of your meeting.”

“Yes. Which is why you won't use it again.” She stared at him. He flashed a charming smile her way, and then he was gone, time back to normal.

The guard looked at Maven when she didn't write anything, and noticed the small puddle of ink that had collected on the desk. His brow furrowed in concern at this, as he was quite certain that puddle had not been there moments earlier. Then she turned her narrowed eyes at him, and he quickly resumed his former position.

:-:-:-:

Dar'Ilthi, being the Listener of the Dark Brotherhood, though having her chambers further into the sanctuary than any other guild-member, never trusted completely in her safety. So it was that when she felt the change in the atmosphere of her room, she did not become startled, but merely calculated the strength with which she'd have to throw the book she was holding. She was at that moment lying on her bed, in the process of reading a rather large tome. She could feel the bump of the ebony dagger underneath her pillow, and she was very much aware of who had just entered her private chambers, uninvited.

Throwing the book at him with her left hand, she simultaneously grabbed the dagger in her right a mere moment before she flew at him. While in the air she heard the magical discharge that meant his ward had been disabled for the moment and then she was on his chest on the floor, dagger up against his neck.

“Guildmaster,” Dar'Ilthi snarled after a minutes silence, before she stepped of him and pulled the high elf to his feet.

“Listener,” he responded and patted his clothing as if to get the dust of them.

“No need to do that here. We keep our floors clean, unlike some.” She was staring at him when he looked up, taking a moment to decide whether or not he should ignore the remark.

“One day, you're going to get me killed with those tricks of yours. I don't think Maven would like that very much.” His voice was as carefree as ever when he next spoke.

“On the contrary, I think she'd cheer me on.” Dar'Ilthis' comment brought a chuckle to the Altmer's lips. She smiled slightly herself, before her eyes narrowed and she crossed her arms. “What do you want?”

“Information. Why have Maven spread rumors that Saerdur Lawgiver is on a expedition to the Jerall Mountains, when he's clearly in house-arrest?” the man asked and leaned against the wall leisurely.

“Why do you care?” the Listener asked with a sigh, walking so that she could sit on her desk.

“I'm simply curious,” he answered.

“You're the one person I'm sure never is 'simply curious'.” Dar'Ilthi stared at him, taking her hair in her hands and braiding it over again.

“Nevertheless, I want to know,” he said with a smile that exposed his fangs. Merely glancing at them, Dar'Ilthi placed the dagger down onto the desk, and arose from it. She walked slowly up to him, one hand on her hip. With a sly smile, she then leaned in so that her mouth came close to his ear, something that was no easy feat thanks to his height.

“Are you sure I cannot discourage you from this?” she purred, putting one of her hands lightly on his arm.

“Quite.” The Altmer took her wrist in a hard grip to stop her from going further, and the seductive way in which she held herself was gone faster than it had come. They stood there, staring daggers at each other, for a few moments.

“Pity,” she snarled, wringing her hand from his grip, and stepped back a few steps. “It's family business, which means that it isn't yours.”

“Oh really, I wasn't aware that you had any family...” he trailed of with a smirk.

“Not all of us has centuries for a lifetime, who will remember me if I don't leave a legacy, hm?”

“I will. But then again I probably wouldn't go around talking about you,” the Altmer sighed. “Care to satisfy my curiosity yet?” She frowned.

“Not really, no. But I suppose that is the only way to get rid of your ugly face,” she smiled with her lips, while her eyes were still glaring.

“Naturally,” he answered her and winked, causing her to tilt her ears back slightly.

“I need to get my foster-daughter to Skyrim. She is a member of the Imperial legion, so the only way to get her here would be for them to send her. But because she's a forester, I doubt they'd send her to help with the war. Thus, I'm arranging to have her brought here,” Dar'Ilthi said, and the Altmer raised an eyebrow. “Her being accused for murder ought to be enough for the empire too hand her over.” The khajiit shrugged as if though it was the most natural thing in the world, and went to sit down on her desk.

“You're calling in favor's from Maven Black-Briar to have your foster-daughter brought to Skyrim?” he asked incredulously, and she shrugged again.

“It's important that she gets here.”

“Obviously.” The Altmer stood staring into the air for a few seconds before he shook his head and sighed.

“Well, I've ought to get going. Don't get your foot trapped in a bear-trap,” he said, and a moment later everything was back to normal, Dar'Ilthi alone in her room, shaking her head and sighing.

This post has been edited by Saquira: Apr 19 2015, 12:47 AM

--------------------
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
Saquira   The man with green eyes   Jun 19 2012, 09:32 AM
Saquira   3E 433, 10th Second seed Roland Jenseric made his...   Jun 25 2012, 03:04 PM
mALX   * I remember that, you did an Awesome job on t...   Jun 27 2012, 05:21 AM
McBadgere   OOooh, excellent!!... :D ...Both parts...   Jun 28 2012, 12:53 PM
Acadian   Congrats on a new story! Wow, a vampire wit...   Jun 29 2012, 12:10 AM
Darkness Eternal   Vampires? I am so in! Lets see some blood spil...   Jun 29 2012, 04:03 AM
Saquira   Thank you everyone :D And now for something comp...   Jun 29 2012, 04:36 PM
McBadgere   YAY!!... :D ... Change is good...I like c...   Jul 1 2012, 07:29 PM
Saquira   Here is the complete list of the characters whom I...   Jul 29 2012, 12:10 PM
Saquira   McBadgere: I actually don't know who the arch-...   Aug 10 2012, 08:57 PM
McBadgere   Fair enough... :( ... Fair enough, ...   Aug 11 2012, 06:30 AM
Grits   I think the length suited your purpose well here. ...   Aug 11 2012, 03:15 PM
Zalphon   I have a lot of things to say about that last line...   Aug 12 2012, 02:38 AM
Saquira   McBadgere: Well, Sorcalin did find out who Jagar T...   Aug 14 2012, 09:21 AM
McBadgere   Wow...Nice one!...Very much the hero...Well, c...   Aug 15 2012, 03:53 AM
Zalphon   I like the plot that's developing here and I...   Aug 15 2012, 04:39 AM
Saquira   So I've got this bad case of writer's bloc...   Aug 21 2012, 07:24 PM
Zalphon   Nobody likes Mercator--and I don't blame them....   Aug 22 2012, 02:06 AM
McBadgere   Writer's block is a b!tch...My own probl...   Aug 22 2012, 03:44 AM
Saquira   Zalphon: Yeah, he's the kind of person that yo...   Aug 26 2012, 12:53 PM
McBadgere   Awww... :D ... Nicely done...Five hundred years o...   Aug 26 2012, 04:42 PM
Zalphon   He's quite the lady charmer. *Raises Brow* Di...   Aug 26 2012, 06:25 PM
mALX   GAAAAH! You give just glimpses, it ends befor...   Aug 28 2012, 06:13 AM
Saquira   McBadgere: Thanks, I wasn't quite sure if I ma...   Aug 31 2012, 05:21 PM
McBadgere   Ooooh...Two sides here...The intense assassin and ...   Aug 31 2012, 08:04 PM
Grits   Nice to see Dirge take a swim. :D Also fun to rec...   Aug 31 2012, 10:50 PM
Zalphon   A rather...blunt listener, but I like it. It...   Sep 2 2012, 03:16 AM
mALX   Very powerful name then, I love that! Thank...   Sep 7 2012, 04:55 AM
Saquira   The New Currency: Thalms The currency was first i...   Dec 16 2012, 05:46 PM
McBadgere   Nicely worked out that...Well done!!... :D...   Dec 17 2012, 07:15 AM
Saquira   Merry Christmas everyone, I hope you have a pleasa...   Dec 25 2012, 12:39 PM
McBadgere   *Applauds*... Loved that...Your writing of Uriel ...   Dec 27 2012, 06:07 AM
mALX   I love the lore you wove into this chapter! T...   Jan 11 2013, 04:40 AM
Saquira   I've been working on this since before christm...   May 4 2013, 03:36 PM
McBadgere   Oh, how I have missed yer stories!!... :) ...   May 5 2013, 06:29 AM
Saquira   Thank you :D If you didn't catch it, Fedura H...   May 6 2013, 04:55 PM
mALX   Coming to read soon, sorry it is taking so long to...   May 7 2013, 06:15 AM
Saquira   3E 390, 13th Sun’s Dawn Despite the sorrow ...   Dec 15 2013, 12:46 PM
McBadgere   Fair dues...A short and sweet return!... :D .....   Dec 15 2013, 06:26 PM
Saquira   Thank you, I'm glad you liked it :D This ne...   Dec 19 2013, 02:00 PM
McBadgere   Ooooh...As has been evidenced elsewhere, vampires ...   Dec 22 2013, 01:49 PM
Saquira   I've been deliberating for a while on whether ...   Feb 2 2015, 11:41 PM
McBadgere   Excellent stuff...Will look forward to this for as...   Feb 3 2015, 10:39 PM
Saquira   Thank you, McBadgere :D I actually have seen a cou...   Feb 6 2015, 10:54 AM
McBadgere   Nicely worked out...Like the way you've figure...   Feb 7 2015, 10:01 AM
Saquira   This scene follows almost directly after the one I...   Apr 19 2015, 12:40 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 07:10 PM